PC PES 2014 discussion thread

You only concentrated on graphics. Have you tried playing around with UE SDK?

The things you can do are crazy. Och Zero noticed it, physics for example ;).

I mentioned scalability which is most important factor here. You can create same game on Android Phone/iPad and big platform like PC without having to step back.

If you were to compare what UE can do, it's best to compare it to same quality optmized engine, Valve Source (now dated, but if you played HL2 you know what I mean).

CryEngine, although beautiful, cannot even be compared here (system hog), FrostBite 3.0 (same story, system hog and only runs on x64 platforms).

Graphics =/= gameplay.

Gameplay is something devs are responsible for after all not engine they use as base (Fox Engine is awesome for MGS, but PES Team didn't manage to utilize 50% of it for football).

We shall see what PES 2015 will be like as this should be first truely Next-Gen PES.

I do believe sportgames are more difficult to program compared to a shooter or a GTA game.

What is Bhatti good for?
If he´s such a pro evo freak, don´t they send him the patches for thourough testing?

Bhatti? who ever thinks he sits there for the community is crazy. he worked his way up, sitting behind a desk, playing pes all day, doing nothing and making lots of money.

Bhatti? who ever thinks he sits there for the community is crazy. he worked his way up, sitting behind a desk, playing pes all day, doing nothing and making lots of money.
I am not an outspoken fan from Bhatti either, but your opinion is rediculous, especially the part about playing all day and doing nothing.

Im not sure older exe's acknowledge later DLC's although I could be wrong. Plus you might find data of later DLC will cause "incorrect data version" error with older exe.

Yes that is the problem, I tried different patches but the result is the same, incompatibility.. In pes 2013 we could play later dlc even without patches installed. But thanks anyway :)

I am not an outspoken fan from Bhatti either, but your opinion is rediculous, especially the part about playing all day and doing nothing.

No one likes him.
Any maybe this year is prepared to get fired.
Because PES 2015 is only for Europe/Japan Workers.
Asian Teams only was able to destroy and delay, stadiums, Rain and fake promisses of fix patches.
Bhatti was all day playing with us, been visited by companies and publicity and all that crap.
KONAMI no time for stadiums? Stop making conferences and shows.
Let's work.
I hope PES 2015 will not be "BETA".

Last edited:
Adam Bhatti is not important so why all the slagging of him? We've been around long enough to know what he's about lets focus on this game.

No one likes him.
Any maybe this year is prepared to get fired.
Because PES 2015 is only for Europe/Japan Workers.
Asian Teams only was able to destroy and delay, stadiums, Rain and fake promisses of fix patches.
Bhatti was all day playing with us, been visited by companies and publicity and all that crap.
KONAMI no time for stadiums? Stop making conferences and shows.
Let's work.
I hope PES 2015 will not be "BETA".

I don´t think Bhatti is to be blamed.
It´s simple.
If he doesn´t get proper info, he can´t forward it to the customers.
That´s it.
The question is, what they have hired him for?
I mean it´s good for him, getting paid and stuff, but KONAMI should involve him much more and don´t leave him stupid in front of the crowd.

People insulting Bhatti probably don´t understand how it works there.

Sorry superleeds1!
I´m done now :)

I do believe sportgames are more difficult to program compared to a shooter or a GTA game.

Physics wise it's not. But in order to make the team and "individuals" move, act and re-act believably in a vast amount of situations, then perhaps yes. The biggest differences between football players today are mentally, how creative and unpredictable they are and how good they anticipate/gamble on opponent moves and how well they recover from bad decisions. Also, how players act to minimize personal disadvantages, like slow defenders taking out depth or weak attackers looking for space. Most of that is pretty hard to code, so we're stuck with a set of abilities that focuses mainly on ball specific abilities and physical attributes. That's also why a player like Quaresma is fantastic in PES while in reality he's not or very rarely at least.

Traditionally football games has been very man vs man oriented. PES has tried with varying levels of success to make the computer presentation more team oriented. There's still a bit of a way to go, though, but I think they are heading in the right direction even if "the way" there is up for discussion. This is also why there is less "individuality" in PES now than before, to force a more team oriented game. In the older PES (5-6 etc) versions, I was fully capable of keeping the ball with one player for nearly as long as I wanted in Human vs Human matches, if the player was fast and agile enough. That is near impossible in later iterations.

Last edited:
Physics wise it's not. But in order to make the team and "individuals" move, act and re-act believably in a vast amount of situations, then perhaps yes. The biggest differences between football players today are mentally, how creative and unpredictable they are and how good they anticipate/gamble on opponent moves and how well they recover from bad decisions. Also, how players act to minimize personal disadvantages, like slow defenders taking out depth or weak attackers looking for space. Most of that is pretty hard to code, so we're stuck with a set of abilities that focuses mainly on ball specific abilities and physical attributes. That's also why a player like Quaresma is fantastic in PES while in reality he's not or very rarely at least.

Traditionally football games has been very man vs man oriented. PES has tried with varying levels of success to make the computer presentation more team oriented. There's still a bit of a way to go, though, but I think they are heading in the right direction even if "the way" there is up for discussion. This is also why there is less "individuality" in PES now than before, to force a more team oriented game. In the older PES (5-6 etc) versions, I was fully capable of keeping the ball with one player for nearly as long as I wanted in Human vs Human matches, if the player was fast and agile enough. That is near impossible in later iterations.

Wise words ;).

I believe the hardest AI to program is the one in The Sims series. You want to read about how complicated it really is (The Sims 1 was using very primitive one, but Sims 3 uses most advanced AI in gaming on the whole :LOL:).

As to football, they need to really program AI for 20 players. It's not huge amount, but then what Zero noted, each player is in theory different from each other on mental/physical/movement level. To create such game, you won't be able to do it with 1 year release frame. It would take some serious development time, grabbing animations from lots of people/players. Then using them as base (like NBA 2K does with some less known players).

If you remember F.E.A.R. it is still unparrelled FPS game when it comes to AI behavior and it makes every new game... A new experience because it won't ("at least shouldn't") behave the same way as in 1st playthrough, it will adapt strategy to what player is doing, etc.

Putting that into football game, would make the experience go to whole new level. How long will we have to wait? Don't know, but we should see this on NG consoles...

Physics wise it's not. But in order to make the team and "individuals" move, act and re-act believably in a vast amount of situations, ................

Regarding the way they interact with each other that must be very difficult to make. The possibilities in football games are endless. When will we ever see 4 players jumping for a ball mid air trying to head the ball and they all interact with each other the way you sometimes see on tv.

Is that even possible on this gen? Or are KONAMI just not able to create such physics, AI etc.

Team movement today isn't much better than what the Kick Off series and Goal! could offer. Setting up a standard defensive zonal team movement system isn't really hard. You could effectively code it so that scoring would be incredibly hard. To make it so that it's "realistic" and makes a normal amount of mistakes, yet not being stupid and easy to fool or predictable in any way is really hard. Then you have individuality on top...

I don't think we'll see that in a footy game in many years, but I might be entirely wrong. In todays PES and FIFA, if you send enough players on forward runs and criss cross movement, you can confuse the defence to either make a complete opening for you to just run through or give you at least one great passing option for a clear cut chance. If you get caught during this process though, you'll be completely disarmed and will most likely concede. Which is also why I never lose ML matches by one goal, I either draw or lose by two. The key is; the more stuff you can make sure going on outside the basic AI controlled team movement will be potential "holes" in the AI defensive code where the AI doesn't know how to respond properly. Now you can't normally send every player forward but you can hold in the "one-two" button every time you pass and make your striker move sideways with the right stick. You figure out the rest, I've seen some really hilarious situations against both humans and AI.

Last edited:
Team movement today isn't much better than what the Kick Off series and Goal! could offer. Setting up a standard defensive zonal team movement system isn't really hard. You could effectively code it so that scoring would be incredibly hard. To make it so that it's "realistic" and makes a normal amount of mistakes, yet not being stupid and easy to fool or predictable in any way is really hard. Then you have individuality on top...

I don't think we'll see that in a footy game in many years, but I might be entirely wrong. In todays PES and FIFA, if you send enough players on forward runs and criss cross movement, you can confuse the defence to either make a complete opening for you to just run through or give you at least one great passing option for a clear cut chance. If you get caught during this process though, you'll be completely disarmed and will most likely concede. Which is also why I never lose ML matches by one goal, I either draw or lose by two. The key is; the more stuff you can make sure going on outside the basic AI controlled team movement will be potential "holes" in the AI defensive code where the AI doesn't know how to respond properly. Now you can't normally send every player forward but you can hold in the "one-two" button every time you pass and make your striker move sideways with the right stick. You figure out the rest, I've seen some really hilarious situations against both humans and AI.

I would be more than happy if any football game gets close to what NBA does ;).

Seriously, played NBA for ages now and can't have enough of it. Why? Because not two matches are ever the same. On NG it's even more pronounced ;).

And sorry, but it's not harder to code footy, as I believe in some teams the amount of players who can play, is the same (and each has his characteristics, etc.)

Basket ball is more a man vs man game. Football isn't. NBA franchise hasn't been particularly good for a while either for that matter. Difference of opinion I guess.

I would be more than happy if any football game gets close to what NBA does ;).

Seriously, played NBA for ages now and can't have enough of it. Why? Because not two matches are ever the same. On NG it's even more pronounced ;).

And sorry, but it's not harder to code footy, as I believe in some teams the amount of players who can play, is the same (and each has his characteristics, etc.)

Even the 1st NBA Game released on XBOX it was amazing.
NBA Inside Drive 2002.

I don´t think Bhatti is to be blamed.
It´s simple.
If he doesn´t get proper info, he can´t forward it to the customers.
That´s it.
The question is, what they have hired him for?
I mean it´s good for him, getting paid and stuff, but KONAMI should involve him much more and don´t leave him stupid in front of the crowd.

People insulting Bhatti probably don´t understand how it works there.

Sorry superleeds1!
I´m done now :)

Who cares now... let's pray for PES 2015. :P
And give a lot of flowers and perfumes to the new workers.

Last edited:
New PC patch....
PATCH FILE DETAILS

The new patch features:

<Details of patch 1.13>
* Updates
* General
* Preparatory updates made to make the game compatible with Data Pack 6.0 (Released also on 22/05/2014).
* Fixes
* General
* Freezing as experienced by some customers in Online Mode just before a match starts.
* Other adjustments and changes have also been made to improve overall gaming experience.

You can get it the usual way when PES starts up.

General on that list came 2 times. This is getting even more funny. They don't even check what they put on checklist? :D

That update is so detailed, I don't know what to make of it. Great job ;).

PES 2014 Patch 1.13 available to the new PC and a new DLC is coming

A few minutes ago, through the site pes.konami.com Official Konami releases a new patch for the PC users and announced a new DLC

Some PC users have encountered after the release of the latest updates, congestion and sudden freeze of the game in the online mode of the game, Konami has gathered feedback from fans about these issues and has released the new Patch 1.13 (for the DVD version of the game) and the Patch 1:09 (for the downloadable version of the game)

Click here http://pes14web.winning-eleven.net/pes14w_pc/patch_deliver/ to download the new patch!

The note issued Official PES Team, Konami also announced a new DLC coming May 22, the Data Pack 6.00 for the PC version of PES 2014 follows the note Gazette

05/09/2014 Update Information
The new update has been made ​​available the 05/09/2014! The novelties are included in the update include:
* Updates Updates <Generali> preparatory to make the game compatible with the data package 6.0 (published on 22.05.2014 in turn).
Corrections <Generali> * Block the game reported by some users in Online mode just before the start of a game.
were made ​​other changes and adjustments to improve the game experience as a whole.

General on that list came 2 times. This is getting even more funny. They don't even check what they put on checklist? :D

That update is so detailed, I don't know what to make of it. Great job ;).
Updates
<General>
* Preparatory updates made to make the game compatible with Data Pack 6.0 (Released also on 22/05/2014).

Fixes
<General>
* Freezing as experienced by some customers in Online Mode just before a match starts.

pes2014_2014_05_09_17_52_15_222.png

Well it works my end, but need to redownload all Data Packs :LOL:.

No they don't. They just wrote about kits and boots and some content for World Cup (if any). World Challenge DLC is only for PS3/X360 users and it's PAID addon (7.99E).

No they don't. They just wrote about kits and boots and some content for World Cup (if any). World Challenge DLC is only for PS3/X360 users and it's PAID addon (7.99E).

Let's see who can laugh in the end. :))

"Preparatory updates made to make the game compatible with Data Pack 6.0 (Released also on 22/05/2014)"

Something compatible is going to be add on the PC Version.

Yes, they said boots and kits. No new game modes. :LOL:

After playing with 1.13. I am positive about one thing. There are MORE fouls called!!!!!!!!!!

Got 3 freekicks vs Sotton in 1 game :LOL:. No cards though.

The game flows as it did in 1.12., but I am also positive they lessened AI pressure a bit. Allowing for more playing time on ball... (or maybe I just got used).

Will upload video later. Hooked on 1.13. now :LOL:.

Yep, more fouls called. I even got carded for barging into my opponent, without pressing any button; just the directional stick, which is never happened before. Even the AI give away more free kick than previously.

It's close to PES 2012's threshold, which some of you may likes.

Back
Top Bottom