PES 2012 Demo 2 Talk

Re: Re: PES 2012 Demo 2 Talk

is it just me, or the demo teams, or did they really tone down the ai strength?

i am having a far easier time defending against them, and i have yet to witness those beautiful lay-offs and combinations the ai produced in demo one.

played a few matches, and even with rangers against inter i rarely conceed a goal. :FAIL:
What difficulty do you play on sir? I used to hammer the AI on Top Player in last year's game. However on Professional last night I got stung 3-0 by both Inter & Bayern and then only drew 2-2 with Rangers.

Yep, I'm finding the difficulty considerably ramped up.

I ALMOST snatched an 1-0 victory as Rangers against Inter only for Pandev to equalize in the 81st minute. (Professional Difficulty on WE demo)

I have been playing on professional using Rangers. Only scored 2 goal in six games !!

I'm finding the Ai hard to break down, and also hard to stop when they are attacking. Loving it though

Is it just me or is the second demo really easy on PS3? I've destroyed Rangers 5-0 with Bayern on Top Player. I was playing on 2 bar passing.
Easy way to score is to break out on the flank with Robben or Ribery and just press the cross button as long as possible. Then head it in with Gomez or Muller with ease.

I only had the time to play one game.
Was i just incredibly lucky or is there something fundamentally wrong with the crossing?

I have decicded to make this thread which compares PES and fifa with a poll as well. i hope its ok for the mods as im hoping we can have a good mature discussion about the two games and also free up any comparison discussion in this thread.

here is the thread i just made http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=64940

Why make that thread? It's going to turn into a shitstorm probably, I feel it's a bit of a waste of time too.

that turning glitch? Is that 360 exclusive (:P) not seen or maybe not noticed it on the PS3?

played a bit yesterday, it felt far more polished but i had a few reservations which I didn't with the first demo, will post thoughts after another round.

that turning glitch? Is that 360 exclusive (:P) not seen or maybe not noticed it on the PS3?

played a bit yesterday, it felt far more polished but i had a few reservations which I didn't with the first demo, will post thoughts after another round.

Yes, it seems to be 360 exclusive - and you would definitely notice it. It constantly changes the direction you are moving.

What is that xbox and anti aliasing, pes is set like on a low resolution, i hope that there is a logical explanation and that the final code is nice and shiny

Well with another day come new feeling and im happy to say, WOW.

It feels awesome today, just everything apart from 1 area(will get into this in a moment) of the game feels brilliant, the core gameplay is just brilliant from everything, I feel they can now add all the things FIFA tries to add in terms of "fluff" gameplay additions.

1 area though which is horrible and could and might break the game and its goalkeepers, their terrible. you could be having a great game, defending well and all that when a random 30 yard fluffed effort makes the keeper fall over and the striker taps in the rebound.

need fixing, other than that really impressed with it today.

EDIT: 2nd complaint other than keepers and was a problem in 2011 aswell, CPU doesn't try to keep a hold of the ball at all, you can dominate possession to ridiculous levels. that needs fixing also.

Last edited:
btw the stuff about the keepers its not all about bad programming or stuff, if you watch the vids from prorevo.de, when you hear the commentator, then you`ll hear him saying stuff about the performance about the keeper stuff like he`s looking bad a that one and the like, soo i think there is a error marging implemented on purpose to give a more realistic experience, just like in real life, i mean even goalies like van der sar, reina valdes, casillas make mistakes.

Much better shooting and keepers, nearly perfect and definitely the best yet for me, but worse in that the ai fouls you (comes through your back) and the passing assistance seems a lot harsher.

My ultimate pes would have been the first demo with the 2nd demos shooting and keepers and more cards dished out by the ref who seems perfect with the whistle but shy with the cards.

Bit of a shame but ill give it more time. Just seems in 1 player that the ai cheats you off the ball too often unpunished which was a feature in the ps2 games that i really didnt like.

I think it will be awesome in multiplayer though!

hey guys,

i have destroyed my pes2012.exe. would be nice, if somebody could upload an unpatched exe.

thanks in advance ;)

Van der Vaart is a little genius on this. Not impressed with Lennon despite his high OVR.

And that beast at the back for Club America is going straight into my MLO squad

i just do not understand why the fuck konami cant put in decent camera angles

i had to skip PES 2011 because of the woeful sway camera and theyve still brought it back for this PES (although not as bad)

why cant they add height and length meters like in fifa ?? all the cameras are too zoomed in and the sway just ruins my angles. typical konami messing the easy things up.

Anyone else finding the player switching is still a bit odd? Especially in 'loose ball' situations?

My personal favourite, which happens quite a lot, is when a corner is cleared into the area just outside the box - my 'auto switch' takes me to my player on the halfway line. Very odd.

Also had a situation last night where I was running down the wing defending, and went for a slide tackle with circle, and right before I magically became my centre back and the defender marking the winger just stopped as AI kicked in. (I pulled off a quality slide tackle in the middle of the box)

Similarly, in the first demo I found the opposite too - occasionally I'd be the winger running down the line, hit circle to cross and wham my striker would do a slide tackle. Even had one sent off for that!

I play on semi-assisted switching, is this just happening to me?!

is it just me, or the demo teams, or did they really tone down the ai strength?

i am having a far easier time defending against them, and i have yet to witness those beautiful lay-offs and combinations the ai produced in demo one.

played a few matches, and even with rangers against inter i rarely conceed a goal. :FAIL:

I can't say I've noticed that. I'm still conceding plenty. Last night I got dismantled 4-1 by Rangers as Bayern. I actually felt embarrassed but I was deservedly punished for being careless at the back.

Or perhaps I'm just shit.

Alright.. after enough testing the game is great but i think there might be a big problem with scoring when crossing. It might be too easy to get goals by crossing the ball cuz your striker is ahead of the defenders!!! Why are the defenders letting the striker free??? This might be a problem too when playing online with people that exploit it by running with fast wingers and doing the same old cross. -_-_-_-

Is it just me or is the second demo really easy on PS3? I've destroyed Rangers 5-0 with Bayern on Top Player. I was playing on 2 bar passing.
Easy way to score is to break out on the flank with Robben or Ribery and just press the cross button as long as possible. Then head it in with Gomez or Muller with ease.

:CONFUSE:

Crossing could be a big issue.

Anyone else finding the player switching is still a bit odd? Especially in 'loose ball' situations?

My personal favourite, which happens quite a lot, is when a corner is cleared into the area just outside the box - my 'auto switch' takes me to my player on the halfway line. Very odd.

Also had a situation last night where I was running down the wing defending, and went for a slide tackle with circle, and right before I magically became my centre back and the defender marking the winger just stopped as AI kicked in. (I pulled off a quality slide tackle in the middle of the box)

Similarly, in the first demo I found the opposite too - occasionally I'd be the winger running down the line, hit circle to cross and wham my striker would do a slide tackle. Even had one sent off for that!

I play on semi-assisted switching, is this just happening to me?!

No, it's certainly done some strange things with me too.

Back
Top Bottom