PES 2012 Demo 2 Talk

:SHOCK:

times like this make me wish I didn't live in the US. Internet service is complete crap and expensive everywhere. People who don't live in a big city still use dial-up and if they wan't something faster but still slower than the slowest DSL they pay like $60+ a month . It takes me a couple hours to download demo's so I never really get them. Except PES and FIFA so I can see which one I will spend my money on.

Where do you live bro? I'm in Boston, just got a great deal with Comcast. $30 a month for a year commitmentand I get 30mbitps on speed test.

Where do you live bro? I'm in Boston, just got a great deal with Comcast. $30 a month for a year commitmentand I get 30mbitps on speed test.

thats a dream... here in Canada the best you will get is 10mbit and you pay over $50 AND you have a download cap.. you pay extra if you go over 50 Gb / month. Not all have caps but the major ones will.

Ok give the second demo.a shot and ill know it will.fall on deaf ears but:
Passing is awful for me even on 0 bar ..too many times it ignores who.I want to pass to
No atmosphere - it just fails to pull me in
Smooth but not smooth enough
Still plays on rails but better than 11
Keepers are shockingly bad - scored 3 goals from outside the area with schnider all close to the keeper
Too easy to shoot on target from distance - that's assisted for u

Not for me this year

:SHOCK:

times like this make me wish I didn't live in the US. Internet service is complete crap and expensive everywhere. People who don't live in a big city still use dial-up and if they wan't something faster but still slower than the slowest DSL they pay like $60+ a month . It takes me a couple hours to download demo's so I never really get them. Except PES and FIFA so I can see which one I will spend my money on.

Jeez m8

I always assumed the US had ultra advanced Internet all over. Makes me appreciate my VM 100MB

Well thats me bolloxed!

Fifa isnt impressive and whilst this is smoother than demo one the passing is the most scripted ive ever seen. Horrible. The ball physics have also lost their zip and shots are floaty.

Horrible.

I'm on 360 and also have the interrupted sprint stutter bug.

When running in a straight line the player will hesitate, pause and then continue the run.

It's very frustrating and hopefully something which gets picked up and fixed.

Only just got to play the demo an hour ago. Had 3 games and it's easily a more polished version of the first demo, things feel a little more chunky which for me is just pure sex. Played away at all 3 European teams with Tottenham and I have to say my "Player Of The Demo So Far" (an esteemed title known for many years) is not Sneijder, VDV or Modric, oh no. It's mega handsome bastard & skill showcase supremo Niko Kranjcar. If you haven't played him in left midfield yet, you're missing out.

Only just got to play the demo an hour ago. Had 3 games and it's easily a more polished version of the first demo, things feel a little more chunky which for me is just pure sex. Played away at all 3 European teams with Tottenham and I have to say my "Player Of The Demo So Far" (an esteemed title known for many years) is not Sneijder, VDV or Modric, oh no. It's mega handsome bastard & skill showcase supremo Niko Kranjcar. If you haven't played him in left midfield yet, you're missing out.
Kranjcar was one of my favourite players on PES 2011, will have to give him a go next time I'm on the demo :).

YouTube - ffs.wmv

yeah close control is so realistic, Rangers ( club with D technique ) on this vid, and the player sprinting with the ball has such close control as Messi should have, if you think this is right you are blind or don't watch soccer.

YouTube - ffs.wmv

yeah close control is so realistic, Rangers ( club with D technique ) on this vid, and the player sprinting with the ball has such close control as Messi should have, if you think this is right you are blind or don't watch soccer.

All the time you run without pressure. Every even weak player can do that if he run alone. Problem starts when you have someone on your back. And what difficult is on that video ??

Los Angeles. That's a f'ing amazing deal, they don't really offer those kind of speeds at that price around here. Was going to try and get Verizon FIOZ but fucking company says they don't operate in my area code:RANT:

and if i want they kind of speed your getting, it will be nowhere near $30.

Jeez m8

I always assumed the US had ultra advanced Internet all over. Makes me appreciate my VM 100MB

It's a shame because we should have fast internet all over. There are fiber optic lines that aren't being used running under most major cities but the Internet providers don't want to pay for them.

I'm on 360 and also have the interrupted sprint stutter bug.

When running in a straight line the player will hesitate, pause and then continue the run.

It's very frustrating and hopefully something which gets picked up and fixed.

This happened to me too. I thought I was missing something. I even checked the button config list to see if it was the new 1v1 system or something. It's also twitching just before goals and freekicks, ref calls etc.

Is this not happening on PS3? Xbox owners treated like shit again?

BTW i'll post up some deep impression tomorrow. (played loads of PES11 to get ready for PES12).

Last edited:
This happened to me too. I thought I was missing something. I even checked the button config list to see if it was the new 1v1 system or something. It's also twitching just before goals and freekicks, ref calls etc.

Is this not happening on PS3? Xbox owners treated like shit again?

BTW i'll post up some deep impression tomorrow. (played loads of PES11 to get ready for PES12).

I wouldnt say xbox owners are treated like shit, okay the first demo thing was a fuck up by Konami but this is just a demo, I'm sure the full game will be fine regarding the stuttering.

Xbox360 Demo 2. My demo stutters every once in a while during games. Anyone else having this issue?

And why are the graphics so crap on this version. PES11 graphics were far better than this year's graphics. Again, who the hell came up with the idea of making the nets so invisible on night games only. The pitch just looks like crap. Why can't they make the pitches luscious green as in some of the patched PC videos i've seen.

Some of the bugs still in this game are really ridiculous. A handful which are almost completely gamebreaking (the turning for no reason, the stuttering, and the off-the-ball-controls allowing you to go anywhere you like and still be kept onside by a defender). Konami really get to me when they can't sort things like this out for a demo - its indefensible, and it will lose them sales.

This was the year to really impress people - to show people that PES has something which FIFA doesn't get close to - why can't they just get it right?

I like the game but every year some bugs destroy the complete game. Why is it every year the keepers are getting worse? And why is it every year the clipping/ghosting is getting worse?

Ive had it that the Ai striker cheats his way through my defenders body. I dont want to see the ball go through the stomage of my keeper anymore.

If this is not fixed i will not buy pes this year. I refuse to pay for a broken game.

Cant believe it, every year there is something broken. The keepers act like complete idiots. How can them so called Adam H. and his capo's not see that keepers are utterly crap is beyond me.

''Slightly improved'' my ass.

Last edited:
PES 2011 was quality though imo. It was just the keepers and some niggles. If they release this game with the stutter in the run animation and flicker before goals and set pieces then i'll be shocked.

Maybe it's just me but I thought the keepers were noticably better then PES 2011 and very good in the 2nd demo. What in particular is getting worse about them? Give specifics or examples...and then tell me how it doesn't happen in real life :)

Like the comment somewhere else on Bale's dribbling being overpowered on PES - well did you notice Pato skin the Barcelona defence yesterday? It does happen.

Maybe it's just me but I thought the keepers were noticably better then PES 2011 and very good in the 2nd demo. What in particular is getting worse about them? Give specifics or examples...and then tell me how it doesn't happen in real life :)

I think the keepers are only bearable. I wouldn't go as far as say its gamebreaking...just something that would dampen the party once every three games or so... It will no doubt infuriate very competitive PES players.

But just for the sake of examples:

For slow low driven shots from outside the box, the keeper (neur in my case), instead of diving to the side will opt to do the 1-on-1 starfish save animation and drop down dead on the spot and let the ball creep in. It's not like the shot was to the corner, just a couple of inches to the side of him.

The same could be said for powerful shots which are very much to the center of goal, the keeper would do a "vertical jumping/flailing" move and almost feel like shying away from the ball...

muffinmak - I know what you mean and I hated that but I haven't seen either of those things yet in the 10 games I've played so far. In fact, I saw a lot of the low shots being reached properly in the bottom corners and a couple of nice close range saves at the keeper's body.

Not all the time, but I haven't conceded any goals from keeper glitches. Mistakes maybe, but nothing extremely unrealistic.

is it just me, or the demo teams, or did they really tone down the ai strength?

i am having a far easier time defending against them, and i have yet to witness those beautiful lay-offs and combinations the ai produced in demo one.

played a few matches, and even with rangers against inter i rarely conceed a goal. :FAIL:

Only had three matches on this demo to date but I noticed no glitches (I was looking out for the ones I'd seen mentioned here) and had one daft GK error - Gomes flapping a punch sideways into the net, so no real biggie there then! Apart from that there were just tiny things like lack of response for a second leaving me to concede a throw-in when it shouldn't. Stuff that's been in PES forever, stuff that doesn't matter to me.

Gamespeed fine for me, player balance & individuality there in abundance, passing & shooting is hard therefore great and the defending slightly easier which isn't a problem as dribbling, sprinting is still as effective. Ball physics = sex.

If I remember correctly, Big Balls Murphy mentioned that the keepers are improved more in the retail version, or that they would be in a patch - or it might have been both statements actually. So I'm very happy overall now but will hammer the demo tonight and check more thoroughly.

Calcio, don't worry, You'll encounter one soon. It doesn't happen too often, but when it does, it will grate.

Maybe they are trying to introduce keeper errors, but the implementation of it is kinda off.

Some of the bugs still in this game are really ridiculous. A handful which are almost completely gamebreaking (the turning for no reason, the stuttering, and the off-the-ball-controls allowing you to go anywhere you like and still be kept onside by a defender). Konami really get to me when they can't sort things like this out for a demo - its indefensible, and it will lose them sales.

This was the year to really impress people - to show people that PES has something which FIFA doesn't get close to - why can't they just get it right?

One of the first things I checked was the off the ball controls, and yeah sadly the AI do seem to play you onside.

Thing is though, do it again and wait like a second or two before playing the ball, the AI do eventually notice what there doing wrong and he will stop playing you onside, in the first demo they stood there forever I think?

Konami just need to get them to realise what there doing wrong a bit quicker, I hope it'll get sorted.

I have no doubt the random turning will get sorted, if it doesn't I will be extremely disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom