Pap's modding mess (house of placebo?)

I reinstalled Cheat Engine (I think turning the internet off made the installation fail, but without any error message pop-ups)... Really weird, but it's installed now, anyway (and I've added its folder to the anti-virus exclusions list).

So, double-clicking this file:

You can get a ready to use file, that you simply need to double click each time before running fifa 16 here:
https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/fifa-16-news-discussion-thread.75194/post-3656619

That's all I have to do (then run FIFA from the launcher)?

I couldn't seem to get it to work without playing around in the app and selecting the right process from a list, then clicking the "enable speedhack" option.

I did get it working eventually - but even on normal speed, for me, 0.93/0.94 is too slow for the player animations to look right (a player jumped to chest the ball down and it looked like a slow-mo basketball dunk from Space Jam).

I upped it to 0.95 and it was an odd mix - gameplay itself felt too fast, but animations felt too slow. Really odd.

I'm wondering if my perfect balance may be "slow" speed plus a 0.98/0.99 speedhack, or something... I will experiment next time I get the chance!

I reinstalled Cheat Engine (I think turning the internet off made the installation fail, but without any error message pop-ups)... Really weird, but it's installed now, anyway (and I've added its folder to the anti-virus exclusions list).

So, double-clicking this file:

That's all I have to do (then run FIFA from the launcher)?

I couldn't seem to get it to work without playing around in the app and selecting the right process from a list, then clicking the "enable speedhack" option.

I did get it working eventually - but even on normal speed, for me, 0.93/0.94 is too slow for the player animations to look right (a player jumped to chest the ball down and it looked like a slow-mo basketball dunk from Space Jam).

I upped it to 0.95 and it was an odd mix - gameplay itself felt too fast, but animations felt too slow. Really odd.

I'm wondering if my perfect balance may be "slow" speed plus a 0.98/0.99 speedhack, or something... I will experiment next time I get the chance!
Did you try normal speed with no speed hack? Also, have you got v1.00? I can upload and send you a google drive link if you want? I find there’s less awkward interactions/quirks on normal speed, especially defensively. That balance is difficult to find. I’m still not overly happy with the ball speed.

Did you try normal speed with no speed hack? Also, have you got v1.00? I can upload and send you a google drive link if you want? I find there’s less awkward interactions/quirks on normal speed, especially defensively. That balance is difficult to find. I’m still not overly happy with the ball speed.
I don't have the v1 EXE - I have a v1.01 EXE, but I can't remember why... I'm guessing there are important bugs fixed in the v1.01? Or it's required for FIP etc. to work?

I have tried normal speed with no speed hack, and the overall movement is just way too fast for me. Slow, with speed set to 49 and acceleration set to 48, felt okay(ish) to me, but had reduced stamina burn (which I hate) and still had too many bullet passes, and too many odd moments where defensive animations speed up to ensure they get the ball.

I don't have the v1 EXE - I have a v1.01 EXE, but I can't remember why... I'm guessing there are important bugs fixed in the v1.01? Or it's required for FIP etc. to work?

I have tried normal speed with no speed hack, and the overall movement is just way too fast for me. Slow, with speed set to 49 and acceleration set to 48, felt okay(ish) to me, but had reduced stamina burn (which I hate) and still had too many bullet passes, and too many odd moments where defensive animations speed up to ensure they get the ball.

Animations are running a bit more smoothly with the v1.0. It has no particular bug and FIP installs the same way as with others versions.

Animations can feel a bit off sometime in terms of speed. Also the CPU over uses the driven passes which adds to the overall speed feeling.
I am currently playing with default speed and without the speed hack as I think (remember the title of the thread) the gameplay mod slows the things a bit down. I played a game with the speed hack at 0.95 on the rain and it was crazy slow. It was super hard to create any good chance. Also they were a lot more fouls than without the speed hack, also from my side.

As for stamina, I think the mod also is drowning it quicker. I ve had my players indicator turning from red to orange, to alert me about the low stamina of my players. I ve seen a couple of string injury just today, where I have seen close to none in years of playing this game.

Last edited:
The second one:

A gameplay mod for FIFA16 that contains:

- the data\attribdbgameplay\gameplayattribdb.big file from the fifa16 demo (v1.0 one is identical)
- the data\attribdbgameplay\attribdb.BIN from fifa19 (from november)

- data\debuglines\default.csv edited with 1 in every columns and rows except for the AiPlayer_ReflexBehavior_ShouldNotTouch row, which is set with 0s
--> back ups of this files are provided together with others versions.
--> for those who would like to have abit more time on the ball withou the cpu pressuring, put also 1s to the row mentionned above.

Download link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nruweswkzxg5n21/Gameplay_Mod.rar/file

This mod makes the cpu more aggressive in defence and more dangerous in attack. There is also more human errors by the cpu, which seems to be more stat driven. For exemple, first time shots or cheaty headers the cpu loves are less often successful if executed by average or poor players. Or long pass to switch wings are less acurate if executed by players with average pass stats. Unfortunately, it only affects marginally the pass completion rate of the cpu.

Here is just a small video showing an exemple of the cpu aggressivity:
Out of couriosity I've tried it with Fifa 15 and I'm seeing more fouls, which is awesome! It also feels like players skills actually mean something, really promising! Overall I'm enjoying it pretty much, altough i had to change sliders drastically. Had to turn shooting error down to 20, the players were butchering every shot (which was quite funny ngl)

16 was the first year to feature the driven pass wasn't it? I wonder if this ball slowing down problem was deliberate from EA to encourage the use of the driven pass...
Yes it was. There is no such thing in Fifa 15

Last edited:
Out of couriosity I've tried it with Fifa 15 and I'm seeing more fouls, which is awesome! It also feels like players skills actually mean something, really promising! Overall I'm enjoying it pretty much, alltough i had to change sliders drastically. Had to turn shooting error down to 20, the players were butchering every shot (which was quite funny ngl)

Yes it was. There is no such thing in Fifa 15
Which version of the game are you using?

I'm about to try this on FIFA 19 and I feel pretty positive about the outcome...
Is there any set of sliders recommended or it's "choose the ones you prefer and be happy with them"?

I'm about to try this on FIFA 19 and I feel pretty positive about the outcome...
Is there any set of sliders recommended or it's "choose the ones you prefer and be happy with them"?

No sliders proposed, but you might want to nerf the CPU passing and shooting.

If it's okay, I'd love a link to the v1 EXE. Would I need the db file that sits next to the EXE in FIFA's root folder too?

If it's okay, I'd love a link to the v1 EXE. Would I need the db file that sits next to the EXE in FIFA's root folder too?

It should be possible to install the v1.00 exe together with the dbdata file, but it requires a bit of thinkering, as the origin updated game folder have additional dlc ect. I think @*aLe managed to do it.
I had to use the whole v1.00 folder myself. I can send you the link toward the torrent if you need it.

It should be possible to install the v1.00 exe together with the dbdata file, but it requires a bit of thinkering, as the origin updated game folder have additional dlc ect. I think @*aLe managed to do it.
I had to use the whole v1.00 folder myself. I can send you the link toward the torrent if you need it.
Ah, this sounds complicated... This might be why I've been sticking to v1.01...

I managed to use some patches with the exe (and the dbdata) from the disc to some extent, but I faced some problems with language files (the _upd ones) if I recall correctly.
Maybe not touching the language files would do the trick though. 🙂

Thanks pal! Will do and report back soon.
It does play better than default, and... Yes, I needed to tone difficulty down a level and to nerf passing and shooting a little indeed.
What it misses (but I don't know if it can be done honestly) is a little variety (but it wasn't really there without the mod either).
What I mean is that I tried three matches (Manchester United vs. Newcastle, Sunderland vs. Portsmouth and Sounders vs. Chicago Fire) and all of the three AI-conrolled teams would play the ball wide and cross it in in, well, a good 90% of the occasions.

Did anyone also notice it while playing or it's just me seeing things that aren't real (as it often happens) here?

Here is a gameplay mod for FIFA17 that inject the files of the attribdb folder and the gameplayattribdb.big file of the disk version of fifa19.
I had a couple of game with it tonight and I liked how it played. It was way more difficult for me to pass the ball around, because of better cpu positioning and better reading of the passing lanes.

Attachments

• 19in.zip
    114.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Here is a gameplay mod for FIFA17 that inject the files of the attribdb folder and the gameplayattribdb.big file of the disk version of fifa19.
I had a couple of game with it tonight and I liked how it played. It was way more difficult for me to pass the ball around, because of better cpu positioning and better reading of the passing lanes.
Going to try it out. Thanks Pap!

The second one:

A gameplay mod for FIFA16 that contains:

- the data\attribdbgameplay\gameplayattribdb.big file from the fifa16 demo (v1.0 one is identical)
- the data\attribdbgameplay\attribdb.BIN from fifa19 (from november)

- data\debuglines\default.csv edited with 1 in every columns and rows except for the AiPlayer_ReflexBehavior_ShouldNotTouch row, which is set with 0s
--> back ups of this files are provided together with others versions.
--> for those who would like to have abit more time on the ball withou the cpu pressuring, put also 1s to the row mentionned above.

Download link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nruweswkzxg5n21/Gameplay_Mod.rar/file

This mod makes the cpu more aggressive in defence and more dangerous in attack. There is also more human errors by the cpu, which seems to be more stat driven. For exemple, first time shots or cheaty headers the cpu loves are less often successful if executed by average or poor players. Or long pass to switch wings are less acurate if executed by players with average pass stats. Unfortunately, it only affects marginally the pass completion rate of the cpu.

Here is just a small video showing an exemple of the cpu aggressivity:
After playing a few more games with this mod in Fifa 15, I have noticed 1 problem. The CPU tends to avoid shooting from outside the box and instead tries to dribble or pass into the box. Is there any way to change this behavior via debug lines? Other than that, I really like the gameplay!

After playing a few more games with this mod in Fifa 15, I have noticed 1 problem. The CPU tends to avoid shooting from outside the box and instead tries to dribble or pass into the box. Is there any way to change this behavior via debug lines? Other than that, I really like the gameplay!
Strangely enough, two of the first three goals I conceded on FIFA 16 using Pap's latest mods were from outside the box!

Good to know. I haven't tested the mod with fifa15 (I did try the gameplayattribdb.big file from 15 into 16, but because of the lack of driven passes in the code, players were often doing a sort of small lob quite often). You could try to remove first the gameplay attribdb.big, then the debuglines, to see what part of the mod is causing this.

Good to know. I haven't tested the mod with fifa15 (I did try the gameplayattribdb.big file from 15 into 16, but because of the lack of driven passes in the code, players were often doing a sort of small lob quite often). You could try to remove first the gameplay attribdb.big, then the debuglines, to see what part of the mod is causing this.
Will try thank you!

Edit: Removing the debuglines did the trick! @papinho81

Last edited:

I am having so much fun playing this one!

I gave this a run last night and it’s very good. I really enjoy 17 in general. The lack of modding possibilities frustrate me though!

After re visiting also 18 and 19, 17 really stands out as the most enjoyable frostbite fifa for me. The mod (even though it just adds a bunch of files from another game, without any fine tweaking) makes it more alive, challenging and fun. I have saved many videos during my games tonight (which is in general a good sign), because so many times the cpu surprised me. The tactics seems to matter to a good extent, without having boring teams (such as the park the bus teams of fifa19), which is good for the life span of the gameplay. Modding doesn't reach the standard of 16 but it is doable isn't it? Kit and faces can be updated (also added to sme players using the db id trick). The database and the compdata can be edited too.

I finished my footy session whith a game whith 16. An away qualifier for the WC to Portugal with Russia. What a game it was. Really intense until I cracked during the second half and conceded 3 goals. I could really feel the quality in their team.

I am currently an happy footy camper, with two great games to play.

Edit: I only wish the ball was bigger in 17 though...

Last edited:

Game is definitely harder. Now CDM tracks runner very well as well as the CBs are smart at closing down. Also CPU seems to make better more threatening passes during build up too. Is there a way to make CPU cross more? CPU is at a very good crossing position and instead tries to dribble or slow down and pass back every time instead of quickly crossing it in. I avoided a lot of goals when CPU does that.

Game is definitely harder. Now CDM tracks runner very well as well as the CBs are smart at closing down. Also CPU seems to make better more threatening passes during build up too. Is there a way to make CPU cross more? CPU is at a very good crossing position and instead tries to dribble or slow down and pass back every time instead of quickly crossing it in. I avoided a lot of goals when CPU does that.

I guess it depends on the team. I played Everton and they tried to cross the ball quite often to Lukaku.

Do you use your locale.ini in parallel?

Back
Top Bottom