NBA Thread

I think Cavs lost because Celtics are a team and Cavs are a bunch of big kids who think they are great and beat everyone just because of the name. The Celtics have more experience, spirit of team and chemistry between players and crowd (look at TD Garden atmosphere). In Cleveland I just see the friendship between colleagues when they are winning and party around. When losing there are no charge voice who pushes the team to snap the victory (maybe where Mike Brown fails).

The PG position is the most important in Basketball. Once again Celtics won. They had an amazing player in Rondo. The guy is very effective and makes the team play. I’m a big big fan of Mo, technically he is fantastic, he shoots from 3 and so on but he is very inconsistent. In my opinion both Rondo and Nash are the best PG of the league.

The Cavs should have gone after Amare instead of Jamison. They had two opportunities, one last summer and another at the deadline. I think the right move should have been trade for Amare instead of bringing on Shaq (we know Shaq and Amare together were crap). I’m still imagining what a team would be with Big Z, Amare, LeBron, JJ and Mo. But Ferry went a different direction and choose Shaq and Jamison, both old players.

Now there are 50-50 in LeBron stay or go. One week ago things were 80-20 I believe.
If he goes the best option will be Chicago, a young roster with a lot of margin to improve, an historical franchise and a good market. Even Obama is rooting! LeBron can rewrite the history of a certain #23 (By the way, do they have the #23 jersey retired?).
If he stays then an entire state will love him forever. Lift a dead franchise from the hell to the heaven will be an huge achievement in sports history. LeBron will be remember for the eternity.

I read somewhere that John Calipari, a friend of LeBron, could be the next Cavs coach. If it’s true then the chances of James stay will increase significantly.

rondo and nash best pg's!?!?! no way!

Rondo maybe but nash! he's too much of a liability on the defensive end. Surely you'd put deron williams or even a fit CP3 before nash?

I agree with you about Amare. The thing with that was the suns weren't gonna let him go unless they got something good in return whereas there was a fire sale with the Wizards after the whole Arenas situation and so they were able to get Jamison at a good price.

MJ's jersey being retired doesn't really come into it. I remember reading that Lebron had put in the paper work to change his number to #6 after his statement that MJ's number be retired league wide. Of course putting in the paper work to change your number only applies if you plan to stay with your current team, if he were to go to another team then the paper work means nothing and he's free to pick any number the team allows.

The Cavs had no chance in getting Amare, JJ Hickson is a good young player but he is no where as good as STAT.

As a Suns fan I'm happy with the risk we took, we could lose him for nothing in a few weeks but since the All Star Break he has been fantastic. Our team has amazing chemistry and Amare is a better teammate because of it.

I love Nash but CP3 is the best PG with Deron Williams a close 2nd.

Last edited:
Oh man, how could I forget Deron Williams? He is really fantastic, probably the best reason why Jazz did great this season.
About CP3, I didn't watch any Hornets (it's really hard to watch West games when they begin at 3am) so I can make any judgment about this season (they did poor, didn't they?). But I agree he've been amazing all over the seasons.
Liability on the defensive end isn't an exclusive problem of Nash. All the Suns play have problems defending, that's why I'm a bit afraid in Lakers series. I hope Nash finally earns his deserved ring.

Alvin Gentry has made everyone accountable on defense this season. Were much improved, we finish 12th this season compared to 24th last season. We do try and hide Nash on defense but the better the opposition, the more he gets abused.

I do think Nash is the best passer in the league, "age ain't nothing but a number."

Celtics are making so easy. What's up Orlando? Let's see how Suns do tonight but I'm affraid Lakers will solve it quicly.

Go Magic! Go Suns!

LA to win it tonight like I said "LA will win it!"

:NONO:

1276502319_extras_albumes_0.jpg

Can't believe I'm gonna miss it, someone spoiler the result just for me tomorrow :D evo-web is my first visit on the day, right after google.

team526-061710.jpg

LA LAKERS - BOSTON CELTICS : 83-79

Kobe MVP, terrible at shooting but huge on rebonds with Gasol. Great defensive game, between 2 quality teams. Loved the 2nd half.
The 3pt Fisher took to tie it at 64-64 is delightful.
Boston missed 5 shots in a row that ended their dream.

Last edited:
Thanks man, by that score and the descripition looks like it was an incredible game.
Has this ever happened before a team champion comming from a 2-3 disadvantage?

Very intense match. Low score, lots of nerves, fear to loose... Kobe was a complete disaster in all aspects for 3 quarters. Then at the end he understood what he had to do, passed a little and the best team won.

Gasol was the key in my oppinion. He had to barge with all the tall men from Boston (Big Babe, Garnett, Wallace) and practically without rest. He was bad at shooting like Kobe but at the end they both were the key to win, alongside those 2 3pointers by Fisher and Artest.

Boston played very smart during 50 minutes, but when you are 13 points ahead in the 3rd quarter of the final match of the finals... you can't throw the match like that. It's strange what happens with Pierce. He had probably the best shooting percentage and did a lot of points, but he can't lead a team, he never stands out during the whole game. Even the worse Kobe can have more impact on the game than one of his best versions.

IOverall, a good final, a classic. Hope next year we can enjoy a final as good as this one. Now it's time for the buzz about transfers and free agents! Will Lebron like apples?

....just do what come naturally!
Gasol has always been a factor I remember last year vs Magic a well replacement for shaq. Artest came good as expected, LA so many titles think Kobe has 5 MVP. Like I said LA just do what come naturally!

a "player" like vujacic has 2 rings now. I dont know what to say really, I am just disappointed and devastated that my celtics didnt make it. :(

Can't wait to see who lands LeBron during his free-agency. Bulls must be favourites, surely?

strongly rumored Lebron,wade and Bosh all might head to Miami to play together and will take a PAY CUT. They want to stay together :CONFUSE: anyhow FLorida has a NO state tax.... more money to keep :BOP:

WOW if true.

Hang on, Miami don't have a good PG.

I heard LeBron and Bosh are gonna be in Bulls next year.

It was only a matter of time before we lose Chris. :/ Guess it's happening now. Hedo Turkoglu wants out too but him we don't mind leaving as much lol.

Bosh, Lebron and Derrick Rose would be really a powerful trio to lead the race for the ring. Surely Deng or Noah would have to go then?

Noah has to stay he is a good center, brings tons of energy and gets lots of rebounds.

They could move Deng but at the end of the day you need players around you and a good bench if you have serious hopes of getting deep in the playoffs.

Rose
A good SG
LeBron
Bosh
Noah

Not bad...

Not sure if this is a good fit for the Knicks. A slight upgrade over Lee but not that much.
Like Marion and R.Jefferson playing with a great point guard in Nash or Kidd has made them look better. I think Stoudemire will be a flop in NY without a good point guard to take control.

I read some interesting things where the Knicks may not get any of the other free agents out there and maybe try and go for Melo or Parker next year

To be fair to Amare he was good before Nash got to Phoenix but he is not worth a max contract.

I would love for David Lee to come to Phoenix via a sign and trade.

LeBron will announce his destination tomorrow night (US time) on ESPN.

Yeah no doubt. A good player, if i'm not mistaken won rookie of the year over Yao....but like you say not worth a max contract.

Back
Top Bottom