OMG !!!!!!!!!! :OH: :OH: :OH: :OH: :OH: :OH: :OH: :OH:
INCREDIBLE!!!!!!:WASTED::WASTED::WASTED::WASTED::WASTED::WASTED:
This is a dream Bro ....................... really well done !!!!
to reach a qualification in this way is absurd !!!!
You are the N1 mate:APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD:

Thank you Master Holland!!!!!! Yes!!!! It was an amazing win for sure so exciting hahahahahaha :APPLAUD: :BEER: :LOL:

Go Gunma United!!!! :RSCARF: :RSCARF: Now Comizzo is preparing the players for FC Tokyo hahahahaha... Will probably wait for a few days, will post more soon!!!!

Wow, that must have been really special!

I was at the stadium when something very similar happened to my team (AC Milan) back in 2003: we were 2-2 at minute 90 and Ajax would be through on away goals... Then this happened:

After almost 20 years it's still one of the best moments of my supporter's life. I had school the day after and I still remember the classmates of mine who wrote me (to congratulate or to diss) after that match, to be honest.
It was more emotional than winning the final against Juventus that year (yes, after defeating Ajax we went on to win the Champions League... Maybe this could be of inspiration to Gunma United).

What a great clip bro!! It was exactly what happened in Gunma's match. So amazing you were at the stadium. I can imagine the excitement!!!!

Needing a goal, Tomasson scores from Inzaghi, next play is the referee's whistle!
Needing a goal, Nakamura scores from Matsumura, next play is the referee's whistle!

:RSCARF: :RSCARF:

Comizzo is now sure to be a hero in Japan even if Gunma go no further. Plucking victory from the jaws of defeat and keeping the dream alive! The only way it could have been more dramatic is if the goal had been scored with the first touch of a sub he'd just brought on a minute earlier!

Well, you have done the most mental thing. Beating Al-Hilal in the quarters. This in itself is a huge achievement. Congratulations my friend, congratulations to Comizzo and congratulations to each one of the squad and the youth ranks as well.
Pretty wholesome the way Mr. Perfect Hair is writing history. From being a dissapointment in South America to contradicting with Japanese culture to criticizing suchi to plant a feet into the semis.
Simply superb
Wow, that must have been really special!

I was at the stadium when something very similar happened to my team (AC Milan) back in 2003: we were 2-2 at minute 90 and Ajax would be through on away goals... Then this happened:

After almost 20 years it's still one of the best moments of my supporter's life. I had school the day after and I still remember the classmates of mine who wrote me (to congratulate or to diss) after that match, to be honest.
It was more emotional than winning the final against Juventus that year (yes, after defeating Ajax we went on to win the Champions League... Maybe this could be of inspiration to Gunma United).
@*aLe mate, I swear this word "rete" and the way he sais it deserve a shout in "The things that are great thread"
I have a friend who supports Inter and whenever we play the Derby della Madonnina in PES or FIFA and I score a goal, I always taunt him with "rete" and he hates it lol

🏆 "FOR US!! THIS WHOLE CITY IS CHANTING FOR US!!"🏆

1635549532910.png

ANGEL COMIZZO
LEADS GUNMA UNITED IN THE UNLIKELIEST OF RUNS, TO THE FINAL OF THE AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!

This story has transcended football in Gunma now. It is now a source of joy, of happiness. The 30 thousand people who packed Takasaki Stadium in Takasaki, Gunma, will not easily forget what transpired in their grounds, and millions more accross the city, and all of Japan are solidly behind this previously unknown team. Against all odds, Gunma United have qualified to the Final of the AFC Champions League!!!!

The first match was in Tokyo Stadium, also known as Ajinomoto Stadium. In a packed house, all filled to the brim with blue-and-red supporters, was quite an intimidating stage. This is one of the biggest, most modern stadiums in all of Japan, and the crowd was pumped. FC Tokyo is a proud franchise, with one of the biggest fanbases in the country, and they wanted to prove it. Some of Gunma United's players, especially some of the younger ones, were sitting in the locker room before the match, perhaps a bit overwhelmed by the grandiosity of the event. But Comizzo would have none of it, and he truly motivated his players to be on their best condition before the match.

20211029153627_1.jpg1635552774471.png

Gunma's starting eleven , at least in the past few games of the cup, came out from memory: Osako at GK, The Turkish Rock Calik and Captain Honda as Center Backs, Brazilian Sensation Caique and Peruvian Star Aguilar as the Side Backs, On the Pitch Leader Morita and Young Promise Hirakawa as center mids, the Dynamic Duo of Shigeta and Someya as Wingers, and the Goalscoring Star Duo of Nakamura and Saulo Mineiro, up front. Comizzo knows his team, trusts them, and knows that they would be ready to play.

And were they! At only 19 minutes of the first half, Gunma United scores with a beautiful collective passing play! Shigeta to Mineiro, Mineiro a one touch pass to Nakamura, and the Japanese star scores!!!! The crowd, which had been rowdy from the beginning, is temporarily silenced. The revelation of the J-League scores first and early! Tokyo 0 Gunma 1!

But Tokyo FC would not be denied, and only 9 minutes later, they had equalized with a beautiful shot from outside of the box by Leandro, curling the ball outside with a lot of force. There's nothing Osako could do. 1-1 was the score.

However, just after the second half had started, Kaito Nakamura comes to the rescue! In a gorgeous play, once again in tandem with Saulo Mineiro, the Japanese star would define the goal with a deft touch over the keeper! 1-2 Gunma! And the goals would keep coming, as Mineiro would not be denied his score with an angled, powerful shot to the top corner at the 60th minute! It was 1-3 Gunma! With 3 away goals, we felt secure that we had the win, even the commentator said "It's not a question of when, but how many will they score!"

Yet this was only the beginning of a very tough stretch for Gunma United. FC Tokyo would wake up, and in the lapse of 5 minutes after Mineiro's score, a quick counterattack by Tokyo would result in an unfortunate own goal by Caique! In a rapid-scramble to head the ball after a dangerous cross, the ball rebounded and resulted in an unlucky own goal. The score was 2-3 Gunma. However, only a couple of minutes later, Tokyo FC would score again! Their captain and JLeague most recognized and famous player Hidetoshi Nakata would even the game up with a long distance strike out of nowhere!

It was a furious scramble in the last 20-25 minutes of the match, FC Tokyo was on fire, they had a lot of shot attempts, and it took every single drop of sweat by our players to hold them off. The whistle blows. 6 goals scored! End of the first match: FC Tokyo 3 Gunma United 3!

20211029154411_1.jpg20211029155211_2.jpg

Even though Comizzo knew that the away match had been a missed opportunity after being up 1-3, he knew that he still had the advantage with 3 away goals. However, he tried to stress defense in practice, and talked about a lack of concentration by the team, after having conceded 2 goals in less than 5 minutes! Many Japanese journalists thought momentum was on FC Tokyo's side after their comeback from a two goal deficit, but Comizzo just kept on focusing his players. A draw with less than a 3-3 score would be enough.

However, Comizzo is not one to play or coach timidly, and before the match, with a packed house in Gunma's stadium, he said the following words, which will live on in the minds and hearts of his players:

"You hear those people?? Those 30 thousand people?? These are Gunma United fans. They're all here for you. They're not here for Lionel Messi, or Cristiano Ronaldo, or Zinedine Zidane. They're here for YOU.. FOR US!! THIS WHOLE CITY IS CHANTING FOR US!!!!!"

Comizzo
was pumped. The crowd was deafening. The players were excited. And Kaito Nakamura scored the first goal of the match at only the 5 minute mark!!!! Gunma United was ahead, 1-0!! The crowd seemed to be pouring out of the stands with excitement towards their heroes. You could hear the crowd chanting: "Naka-muuuuuraaaaaa..... Naka-muuuuuuraaaaaaa!!!!!"

But FC Tokyo would not go away, and in an admirable show of guts and football, they not only equalized, but scored 2 goals, once again in rapid succession!! A brace by their star Hidetoshi Nakata once again, showing remarkable skill in both goals. The score was 1-2, and FC Tokyo was ahead on goals! Gunma United's players looked stunned. It had happened again, after being ahead, they had conceded 2 quick goals. Perhaps Nakata, Leandro and FC Tokyo was too talented, too relentless?

20211029160610_1.jpg20211029160632_1.jpg

But once again, magic would occur! Out of nowhere, Morita would score on a powerful header from a corner kick taken by Nakamura! And before the first half ended, it was once again, 2-2, and Gunma United had the advantage!

The second half was tense. FC Tokyo came out very offensively, coming close to equalizing several times! But Gunma United's defense kept holding out. Hidemasa Morita, the defensive midfielder who had scored the header off Nakamura's corner kick, was playing out of his mind, anchoring Gunma's defense brilliantly throughout the second half. Angel Comizzo had understood that Nakata was, far and away, FC Tokyo's most important and most dangerous player and so told Morita during the halftime break: "You gotta stay on Nakata, you cannot let him breathe". And that is exactly what the calm but relentless Defensive Midfileder did, chasing Nakata all over the pitch, not giving him any spaces.

With only 15 minutes to go, FC Tokyo knew they desperately needed a goal to survive, and so they came out in full blown attack. Comizzo knew that this is when Tokyo was at their most dangerous, and so he withdrew the lines, played defensively, as Morita and the defenders continued to deny their forwards space.. And so.. it was that at minute 77, Nakamura would take advantage of a counterattack to score once more with a quick play with Mineiro and late substitute Inga, increasing the lead! 3-2 was the score, But Gunma still had to resist the FC Tokyo onslaught for10-15 more minutes, since an equalizer would send the game to extra time... However, the defense, led by Morita, was very solid, not allowing FC Tokyo to generate any offensive plays, and at the end of the match.. Gunma United has qualified to the Final of the AFC Champions League!!!!!! 6-5 global score!!!!

AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL: GUNMA UNITED VS FC SEOUL

20211029161605_1.jpg1635552919949.png1635552991888.png

Reporter: "What do you think about scoring the game defining goal at such a huge occasion?"
HIDEMASA MORITA: "Today was my turn to score. I am not here to tell you guys that I am a scorer, but I was glad I was able to head it in... I think my most important contributions came on the defensive end."

Reporter: "How were you able to contain Nakata?"
HIDEMASA MORITA: "It's a team effort. everyone knows Nakata-san's quality. He was their unquestioned leader and almost single-handedly led his team to victory. But we persevered as a team. Comizzo-Sensei told me: Don't let him out of your sight in the second half. And that's what I tried to do with the help of my teammates. Fortunately, we were able to prevail. I can't wait for the final!"

Comizzo could hardly contain the emotion in his voice, barely holding it in at the presser:

Reporter: "Did you ever believe this was possible in your career? Was this part of your expectations when you came to Japan?"
ANGEL COMIZZO: "I don't know what I can say about myself right now..... This happiness I feel right now, the biggest happiness of my football career, I owe it all to my players.. I just give them the inspiration, the spark.... But this night belongs to them. I know we still have a ways to go, and we WILL go for the final. But for tonight, for today, I just want to enjoy this win."

Reporter: "But you must feel some kind of personal accomplishment."
ANGEL COMIZZO: "I will talk about that when we Win the Cup." 🏆

:BSCARF: :TU: Stay tuned to the next edition of Millossobek's Master League Stories! :TU: :BSCARF:
Comments are welcome! :YES:

Last edited:
Vamos Gunma United!

What a tie! Great to see the name of Hidetoshi Nakata aswell! I googled him to see if he actually still plays, but no :LOL: (Ze Roberto played well into his 40's)

"You hear those people?? Those 30 thousand people?? These are Gunma United fans. They're all here for you. They're not here for Lionel Messi, or Cristiano Ronaldo, or Zinedine Zidane. They're here for YOU.. FOR US!! THIS WHOLE CITY IS CHANTING FOR US!!!!!" - Angel Comizzo

I honestly got goosebumps reading that mate :))

Yeeeesssss!!! Vamos Gunma! 🤩

After seeing them come back from a 3-1 down situation my faith started to tremble... But Comizzo's Gunma never give up.
Great of you to keep them at bay and prevent them from completely turn the match around, and then to force them to leave spaces in the second leg for you to exploit.

On to the final now!

Hi guys! Thanks a lot for your comments! :TU:

Comizzo is right now psychologically preparing his players for the Final of the AFC Champions League!!!!

GUNMAUNITED3.pngFC Seoul.png

It will be a two legged Final, the first match at Gunma Stadium and the return match at Seoul World Cup Stadium!

I will definitely post a preview of the final soon, with starting lineups, analysis, etc. before the matches are played. Stay tuned!

:RSCARF: :RSCARF:

Last edited:

AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL PREVIEW!!

GUNMAUNITED3.pngFC Seoul.png

With only a few days to go until the historic final, tensions are rising amongst the different camps, the media frenzy has reached a fever pitch! In a classic Japan vs Korea matchup, J-League upstarts and surprise of the tournament GUNMA UNITED led by the Fiery Argentine, Angel Comizzo, match up against 6-time K-League winners and 2-time AFC Champions League runners-up FC SEOUL, with their manager, Park Jin-Sub!

comizzo2.jpgpark.jpg
Comizzo vs Park
MANAGERS:

Both managers are former players and representatives of their national team, albeit in slightly different eras. Comizzo had his heyday in the 90's as River Plate's goalkeeper, and Park's prime was in the 2000's, as a noted defender for several K-League teams. But the similarities end there. They actually couldn't be more different.

You've all grown to know Comizzo. Fiery, temperamental, passionate, emotional. Comizzo wears his emotions on his sleeve, as a badge and as a source of strength. Never one to shy away either on the pitch or off it, he played and manages with his heart more than anything. More of an emotional leader than a tactical one, Comizzo has become a media sensation in Japan, perhaps the most famous manager in all of the country in only two short years, and his entertaining press conferences never fail to disappoint with his direct, at times controversial statements. Nevertheless, Comizzo has proven to be a leader of immense qualities, giving a lot of spirit to his team and guiding them to the final.

Park is different. Even though he is 15 years younger than the Argentine, he is the epitome of cool and collected. Never one to show his emotions openly, Park prefers to give standard, diplomatic answers to footballing questions. "We are preparing hard".. "The players are working well", this is just a small sampler of Park's personality. He keeps his practices and inner workings a complete mystery, and protects his players and his teams with stone-cold silence and a very low-key demeanor on and off the pitch. After a somewhat rocky start, Park has led FC Seoul to their third AFC Champions League final, hoping that this time they will be able to take the trophy.

20211030194228_1.jpg
TACTICS:

GUNMA UNITED
like to play a classic 4-4-2 counterattacking style, with a strong emphasis on the speed of the wingers, attack-minded side backs, and the definition capabilities of their scoring tandem Mineiro and Nakamura. However, they are well anchored at the defense and midfield areas as well, and have developed into a very well-rounded team with many weapons. For all their versatility, it is clear that Comizzo likes to maintain the structure of his 4-4-2, and rely a lot on the individual talent of his players, moreso than a fixed strategy. He likes playing the team from a defensive position, however, and quickly turn on the counterattack and let the players shine through with their individual talents.

FC SEOUL plays a 3-5-2 formation, with a strong emphasis on possession football and high press. As with most 3-5-2's, midfield buildup is important for Seoul's gameplay. Most analysts believe that Park will look to keep the ball in the midfield, and try to exploit spaces for their very talented forwards, Korean sensation and perhaps the best player in the K-League Ahn Jung Hwan, a pure #9 scorer with a keen eye for goals, and young Serbian sensation Aleskandar Paločević, who started his career at attacking midfielder but has transitioned very well to a secondary striker role form a dangerous pair. This duo is at the top of the list of FC Seoul's weapons, even if they do like to play a collective brand of football.

1635820382807.png
Nakamura vs Ahn
HISTORY AND FANBASE:

Both teams are different in their histories as well. GUNMA UNITED is the upstart, a newly created team from the fever of the Korea-Japan 2002 World Cup, rising in the ranks and only in their second year in first division. However, the entire prefecture of Gunma, and in addition, all of Japan has now fallen in love with this team's unlikely run to the final, from the team with the lowest budget to cup finalist. Moreover, the entire country has now formed a rapport with Comizzo and the team, as Nakamura's, Saulo Mineiro's, Someya's, and Honda's jerseys are amongst the most sold in all of Japan, and Comizzo is now the cover story of every single Japanese sports magazine and website. In short, they are now nothing short of a sensation, rising fast and hot like their manager's personality, even though their origins remain very humble and rooted in their fans and their city. Although their budget is limited, a mixture of youths and a keen eye for transfer talents has created a very dynamic team which has taken Asia by storm.

FC SEOUL is an established team, originally founded 20 years earlier, in 1983 by Korean conglomerate giants Lucky Goldstar (LG) under the name Lucky Goldstar Football Club. By 1991, the team had already moved to Seoul and changed their name to LG Cheetahs. (Later Anyang LG Cheetahs). Winning their fair share of championships, an establishing a fierce rivalry with Suwon Samsung Bluewings, the Cheetah's fortunes improved even more by the 2002 World Cup, helping finance Seoul Olympic Stadium and after the WC, using the beautiful facility as their home grounds, and changing their name to FC Seoul. They have a large, loyal fanbase, a rich history, and is seen as some as woken-up giant, since they have struggled a bit in the past few years until recently, with this impressive run. With the financial backing of a large Korean corporate conglomerate (GS Group, the 8th largest in Korea), FC Seoul and their large established fanbase are ready to reclaim their position as Asian Giants.

INTANGIBLES:

I would say that both teams are equal in the intangibles. Although one might argue that as new media sensations and dark horses, GUNMA UNITED are sentimentally favored to win and have most of the momentum, FC SEOUL can counter with the advantages of more experience and a more solidified structure. This is a fascinating matchup no matter how you see it. Tactics wise, History wise, the contrast between the personalities of their two managers and fanbases, this is set up to be an amazing final.

MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN!!!!

:BSCARF: :TU: Stay tuned to the next edition of Millossobek's Master League Stories! :TU: :BSCARF:

Last edited:
🏆 "THIS TROPHY, THIS VICTORY IS OURS, ALL OURS!!!!" 🏆

1635892845915.png

🏆GUNMA UNITED MAKE HISTORY, WINNING THEIR FIRST EVER
AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!🏆

GUNMA UNITED IS CHAMPION!!!!!! Sometimes dreams do come true, even in the unlikeliest of places. Absolutely out of nowhere, this group of ram-shackle outcasts, unknowns, local prodigies, and world travellers have claimed their first ever AFC Champions League!! The unlikeliest of teams led by the unlikeliest of leaders, Angel Comizzo. In a thrilling, stressful, absolutely nerve-wracking double legged final, Gunma United have done what seemed impossible only two short seasons ago. By Winning Asia's most prestigious tournament and forever etching their names in footballing history, Gunma United might as well be the footballing story of the year, a rugged dark horse candidate which, against all odds, have claimed Asia's top footballing glory.

comizzopark.png

The first leg was in Gunma. In front of a packed stadium which lit up the stands with red smoke and thrilling chants, the team came out ready, with their gameplan in mind and very motivated. Comizzo had spent the last week analyzing FC Seoul, and had psychologically prepared and primed his players for the ultimate stage. The two managers were a complete contrast in styles. While Seoul came out with Comizzo energizing his players, animatedly clapping and giving impassioned speeches, Seoul's manager Park Ji-Sup stoically stood in the sidelines, without uttering a single word, with only the slightest of smile on his face. This contrast was very interesting, and would be seen throughout the two matches. While Comizzo jumped up and down on the sidelines, earning a few touchline warnings from the referee, always moving, yelling, making gestures, talking to the referee and always motivating his players wildly, Park perhaps didn't utter a single word throughout the series, his expression rarely changing, letting his preparation do the talking. It's not that Comizzo cares more about his team than Park, it's just that their way of showing it is completely different.

20211102160250_1.jpg20211102160236_1.jpg

Back to the match. Gunma kicked off as the home team, and after a few cagey minutes where nerves could be felt on both sides, and a few careless possessions did not amount to much, it was immediately apparent that both teams had their definite and defined styles. Both teams playing to their strengths: Park's Seoul was keeping possession over 70% of the time, a staggering number, passing the ball around deftly between their midfielders, and looking for opportunities. They were also pressing very high, and very intensely, a difficult combination for Comizzo and his team. Gunma was having trouble finding chances, but whenever they got the ball, they decided to pass very quickly, shortening possession and going immediately on the offensive. The strategy worked, as United in the 16th minute, struck first with a goal by Kaito Nakamura, resulting from a buildup play with Morita and a beautiful pass by Someya!!

1-0 Gunma United!

And only 7 minutes later, in the 23rd minute, the 2nd goal, courtesy of Saulo Mineiro! Once again Morita organizing the play, setting up Nakamura with the assist to the speedy and talented Brazilian star, who scores!

2-0 Gunma United! FC Seoul were shell-shocked. Even though Park's face never changed expression, Comizzo celebrated both goals with a lot of emotion, hugging his assistants, and exhorting his team to stay alert and keep up the pressure. This was a clear 1-2 punch to FC Seoul, after they had started the game dominating with almost 80% possession, they were suddenly down in an 0-2 hole, with still 60 minutes left to go in the match! Even though Gunma United had only had 2 chances, they had scored on both, with deft passing and finding spaces between the high FC Seoul press! It is important to note, also, that both plays were started by Morita, the Defensive Midfielder who had done such a great job containing Nakata in the previous match, was now showing class on both sides of the pitch, orchestrating the midfield a la Luka Modric!

As the second half started, FC Seoul continued and in fact increased their possession strategy, trying to find spaces for their talented scorers Ahn Jung Hwan, and Serbian Paločević, to no avail. Gunma's defense was solid, as Comizzo decided to make a small adjustment during halftime and have the players press the FC Seoul attackers more, to cut off the passing lanes and create more counterattacking opportunities. And this is exactly what happened, as the match progressed, it was clear that Gunma's defenders were doing their job brilliantly, covering up Seoul's attacking space before they could generate trouble, Seoul had the ball, but were passing it without generating much danger. (Even though United keeper Osako did save a couple of good chances by Paločević and Ahn). And then it happened! In minute 80, another counterattacking play by Gunma United leads to the third score!

The opportunist, Shigeta! Remember when he said in Gunma United's media day, Shigeta said: "I try not to pattern my playing style. I like unpredictability and opportunity."? Well that is exactly what he did to score the third goal! Out of nowhere, after a nicely set up play by Nakamura and Someya, Shigeta appears without a man marking him and scores! and 10 minutes later, it's a wrap! The crowd erupts in ecstasy, Comizzo hugs his assistants and his players, and everybody wearing red celebrate a dominating 3-0 win at Gunma Stadium! We have the upper hand in the final! With 28% Possession, and with only 4 shot attempts, with less than half of the passes attempted and completed, Gunma had won in a very Comizzo-ball like performance, and were going to Korea with a 3-0 advantage!!

20211102162234_1.jpg20211102162626_1.jpg

The second match, back in Seoul, was full of tension and excitement. Perhaps most observers, including the commentating team, belived that Gunma United had this final wrapped up, with a 3-0 advantage, it was ours to win or lose. Even the UK commentator, Jim Beglin, which was covering the final for the audience outside of Korea and Japan, said so in his pre-game remarks: "It seems to me like they have a distinct advantage, and only an effort of titanic proportions will suffice for FC Seoul". If most of the analysts thought that the return leg match was only a mere formality, somebody forgot to tell FC Seoul, who came out smoking. Even before the match, and during it as well, Seoul's manager Park Jin-Sub stood pensively in the sidelines, with a small smile on his face, thoughtful, seemingly confident and analyzing everything. To some analysts, it might seem like Park was nonchalant and detached..... But no. He had a a plan.

20211102163150_1.jpg1635904315651.png

Comizzo had a plan as well: His plan was not only to withstand Seoul's offensive firepower, "aguantar el partido" like we say in South America, but also to find counterattacking opportunities just like in the first match, back up his defensive lines a bit, but still apply pressure and look to counter and use his players' superior speed and good teammwork and chemistry in order to finish Seoul off. But that plan backfired quickly.

FC Seoul was dominating the first 15 minutes of the match. Gunma United felt a bit lost, because even if we were looking for the same counterattacking spaces as in Gunma stadium, here at Seoul Olympic Stadium those spaces just weren't there. Seoul was passing the ball beautifully, making triangulations, and not only keeping possession, but generating a lot of chances inside and outside the box. Even though we were still 3-0 up in the aggregate score, Seoul did not succumb to desperation. Much like their manager, they calmly kept playing their game, confident that the irchances would come if they were persistent and patient. In fact, a lot of chances would come in the first 15 minutes. And all these efforts paid off! In the 18th minute, Korean superstar and K-League sensation Ahn Jung-Hwan scored from just inside the box, after precise passing by Seoul's midfielders and attackers.

The score was Seoul 1 (1) Gunma 0 (3).

The rest of the first half continued in similar fashion. Although Gunma United did have chances, they were few and far between. It was like Seoul was a different team. They were generating a lot of danger, and as the first half ended, the score remained 1-0 Seoul. The second half was more of the same, in fact FC Seoul came out even more aggressively now, understanding that they had to score 2 goals in order to send the match to extra time. Comizzo was extremely nervous in the second half, his gum had been chewed down to dust, he was sweaty, screaming and gesturing all over the touch line. In minute 56, Nakamura had a wonderful opportunity to score an away goal, but Seoul's goalkeeper Baek Jun-Beom saved the day with a great save. All the while, Seoul kept doing their business, as urgency started to take its toll. Comizzo had asked his wingers to track back, as the Argentine decided to play defensively, and the wingers had helped a lot in these roles. Minute 70, and Someya and Shigeta are completely exhausted and are substitued. The Defensive Midfielder, Morita was doing his usual brilliant job covering the spaces. But aside from that one chance, United were not creating danger. They were holding on with a 2 goal advantage.. The clock keeps ticking, There are 5 minutes to go in regulation time and Gunma will be crowned champion!

And once again, Ahn Jung Hwan scores, with a brilliant one on one play. The Korean star eludes several Gunma defenders and scores a powerful shot with the right foot! Minute 85! It is 2-0 Seoul! The aggregate is 3-2 in favor of Gunma United, and with 5 minutes to go, these are the longest 5 minutes of Angel Comizzo's life.

"Get on him, get on him!!!!!!!!"

"Come on Honda, do it for your family!!!!!! Do it for your city!!!!!!"

Honda dispossesses Ahn with a clean tackle in the box.

"Clear the ball! Clear the ball!"
"What are you guys doing?? CLOSE THE PASSING SPACE! CLOSE THE PASSING SPACE"
"THAT'S NOT A CORNER KICK!"
"Yes!!!! Great job!!!!!! HEAD IT OUT!!!!
Morita now just clear it!!!! NO DON'T PLAY IT CLEAR IT!!!!!!!!"
"WHAT'S THE TIME???? WHAT'S THE TIME????"

.................2 MINUTES EXTRA TIME................

".....Footballing Gods. Please hear me. Do it for my Players. Do it for Japan. Do it for my Family. For Argentina....."

WHISTLE BLOWS

GUNMA UNITED IS THE CHAMPION OF THE AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COMIZZO.png
Gunma United has done it. We have won the AFC Champions League!!!!

In a show of class, manager Park and Comizzo exchange a small embrace after the match.. As Park whispers to Comizzo: "You are the best manager in Asia. Congratulations."

I have no more words to describe this feeling...... So let's hear it from Comizzo and the Players....

Reporter:
"You said you would describe your personal feelings after winning the Champions League."
Angel Comizzo: "Yes, I feel like I owe you that... I, I am immensely happy. Not even winning 4 championships with River Plate as a goalkeeper can compare to this happiness that I feel..... After... after being rejected in all of South America, being called all kinds of names by the media, people saying I was done as a manager, that I didn't have any knowledge of the game...... To come here, make.... make a new home.... It is more than.... I can express in words. Until now, I was known as a River Plate man.. But from now on, no matter where I go, I will always represent Gunma United. You guys.. You guys gave me everthing, To me and my family..... To our fans, Japan, Argentina, For my Players, For my Country, For Gunma.. WE DID IT... THIS TROPHY, THIS VICTORY IS OURS, ALL OURS!!!!!"

Nakamura: "I've heard people refer to me as a "star" in this team. But I'm only a small piece of the puzzle..If anyone deserves the most recognition, it is our true leader, Comizzo-Sensei. Without him, none of this would've been possible, but he would still say this is a team effort. This is an immense joy I feel right now, made even greater because we did it as a team."

Honda: "In Japan, we are taught to keep our emotions inside, not to show them. In Japanese culture, if a person shows too much emotion, it could be considered as showing too much vulnerability or being rude, or disrespectful to the feelings of other people. Comizzo-Sensei has taught us that in the South American way, feeding off your emotions can not only help you as a footballer, but it is also a beautiful worthwhile thing in your life."

Shigeta: "I just took my opportunity when it presented itself (talking about the third goal in the first match). I think what opponents most undervalue is the element of surprise. And I used that to my advantage.. I give a lot of credit to my teammates for deflecting the attention, that has happened often in my footballing career. I am not the star. But today, I was able to find the unmarked space. That is my game."

Morita: "Everything in life has a balance. If our manager and our other Latin players bring the emotion, which was a beautiful, very powerful thing, we also need a cool head to temper the emotion and give it direction. I think the combination of calmness and fire, that is one of the elements that helped us reach the title. I think that was my greatest contribution, trying to keep calm under pressure."

Someya: "This is cool."

Saulo Mineiro: "One day, I will bring these memories back to Brazil, when I retire, and will tell my friends and family that, an entire ocean away, I have a second family who I will always love and be grateful to. All of you Gunma citizens, you are my family now. That being said, I hope tonight we celebrate at Barbacoa Churrascaria Aoyama, the finest BBQ & Samba music in Japan! Don't worry coach, no sushi there, hahahahahahaha I think it's time we go back to our roots!!"

CHAMPS.png

I would like to thank: Master @Holland for always supporting me and also for his amazing gameplay mods!! GRAZIE BRO!! :BEER:
My friends @Joga @mattmid @*aLe @The Moroccan @slamsoze and @Madmac79 for always following my stories and for their AWESOME comments, questions, follow-up, jokes etc.. You guys are the FUEL of this thread!! :COOL:
@TardeRedonda and @caballofoca for their real life support!! :)
Anyone else who has read my Master League stories and enjoyed them.... :YES:
and last but not least.. to @damienferriggi for being the inspiration for this thread!! Hope you keep going bro!! :TU:

Last edited:
:RSCARF: Congratulations GUNMA UNITED! :BEER:

What a journey. I was scrolling down hoping it wouldn't go to extra-time even though I knew you got the cup! :LOL:
All the players, Comizzo & the fans are now in my heart. A truly inspirational performance, I am Gunma for life!

Cheers to you bro, your passion & love for this beautiful game shines through in your writing. I'd read a football book from you any day.
And you have taught me some cool Latin American/Japanese words :TU:

I'd like to dedicate a song to this whole team & city .. an "Anthem" perhaps.

Kaze Ni Nare :BAND: Become the wind!

Oh my God oh my God oh my God you did it! 🤩

I... I'm not sure I would hedge looked to be in Comizzo's boots during those last minutes of the second leg. How tense...

But you did it, anyway! And that's all important.
Now everybody get stoned with litres and litres of good old Quilmes :WASTED::BEER::DRUNK:

Congratulations mate. Well played, or as we used to say in LoL "GGWP"!!! :P YOu survived the fakin scripted ACL final too. Only one notice. As you are playing a Japanese team, and given the anime like Slam Dunk, or Captain Tsubasha that alwaysm conclude to a Nippon Challenge, why you not play the FIFA Club World Cup too?

It is 2 week away from your calendar. And it is for sure 2 games, semifinal and/or Final or 3rd place play-off. WOuld love as a bonus story, to watch your fight against the Champions of Europe, Latin America or the old mighty Pleasure Horn!!!

Congratulations to Gunma Utd! :RSCARF::RSCARF::RSCARF::EASY::EASY:What a story and in true Comizzo style it even went down to the wire despite a 3 goal lead from the first leg. Somehow it wouldn't have been right without that ending!

I second @slamsoze 's request for the World Club Cup if it's coming right up in the game. Could Comizzo and little Gunma conquer the world?

Congratulations to Gunma Utd! :RSCARF::RSCARF::RSCARF::EASY::EASY:What a story and in true Comizzo style it even went down to the wire despite a 3 goal lead from the first leg. Somehow it wouldn't have been right without that ending!

I second @slamsoze 's request for the World Club Cup if it's coming right up in the game. Could Comizzo and little Gunma conquer the world?
Ι prayed that Comizzo's hairstyle stayed untouched and calm! :)

This is insane, this feels like real life football, and I also feel like I'm also a part of this success. I wish the same or better happened to Millonarios.
Congratulations, mate! And Mr. Perfect Hair Comizzo is indeed the best manager in Asia.

But something is strange about this sushi thing. Does Comizzo have an allergy we don't know? 🤔

Hi bros!! These are awesome comments!! :BEER:

I decided to play the WC following your requests. :) But well, Gunma United's Club World Cup didn't really go as expected. Just played 2 close matches, the first against Libertad of Paraguay 0-2, and to Africa's Pleasure Horn 1-2. Both matches had their chances, but I feel in a way I was hampered by an unfortunate run of bad form (red arrow for Saulo Mineiro, Someya, and Honda, in the first match, orange arrow in the second match, and Nakamura and others had orange arrow in the second match), I had to use many substitutes actually. But bad luck aside, I didn't play my best matches. The second match was very winnable, but breaks didn't go my way. Oh well.. Perhaps I was a bit emotionally drained from winning the AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, and the emotional and passionate post that came after that, or maybe the players had too many Caipirinhas in Churrascaria Aoyama, the finest BBQ & Samba music & Brazilian Cuisine in Japan! hahahahaha :LOL: :LOL:

In anycase, no matter what the result, I don't think I cared as much about this Club World Cup result as I did for the final. Don't get me wrong, doing well in the Club World Cup it would've been nice, but the AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL... Man that was my Final, the one I fought hard for. Those last 5 minutes (which were actually like 1 game minute) were incredibly intense. I can't remember the last time I was so nervous/relieved while playing! Those were the most emotional games I've ever played. EVER!

Anyway, on to your comments!

@Joga This is GREAT buddy!!!! Never heard this before, but it's right up my alley. Japanese Hard Rock Ballad, with 80's vocal overtones, singing full of heart, a kick-ass guitar solo, and Japanese Wrestling? SIGN ME UP!!!!! AWESOME.

@Madmac79 Thanks bro!! This is probably the most fun I've ever had playing PES. It was an amazing experience. :)

@The Moroccan LOL I did read the fine print bro. But Millos will be back! Sooner or later we will be back, I promise. :) I think Comizzo is allergic to Nori, the Japanese seaweed actually. hahahaha

@mattmid "Nothing ever comes easy to Comizzo", loooool. Bro, somehow I knew the return match against Seoul would not be easy, and not only that, it was unnecessarily complicated!! Haha.. But true to form, I had to sweat it out at the end!!!!!

@slamsoze hahahaha bro I like to think it wasn't the script, but my dramatic storytelling mind thinks it was more like.. "the Gods of Football wanted to add epicness to my story". And man, did they. And they took care of Comizzo's hair too. :LOL:

@*aLe Oh, trust me buddy. The Quilmes was flowing in Churrascaria Aoyama, maybe that explains the World Cup performance, loooooool. But yes bro, Comizzo was sweating it out, and so was I.. You wouldn't believe how nervous/relieved I was!!

@Holland Thank you Sensei bro.. I am actually very pleased with how the story came out. Not only because of the result of winning the Cup (which was incredible) but also the dramatic story, and the emotional rollercoaster that Gunma United put me through.. It was really fun and cool! :TU:

So my friends, I think it is time to say goodbye to Comizzo and Gunma United for now! Thank you for the AFC Cup! Thank you for the experiences but most of all for giving us so much fun in these past two months! GRACIAS POR TODO.. GRACIAS!!!!!!! :RSCARF: :WORSHIP: :BEER: :TU::RSCARF:

20211102165351_1.jpgcomizzo.jpg

I will be back with my next Master League story soon. :)

Last edited:
Hi bros!! These are awesome comments!! :BEER:

I decided to play the WC following your requests. :) But well, Gunma United's Club World Cup didn't really go as expected. Just played 2 close matches, the first against Libertad of Paraguay 0-2, and to Africa's Pleasure Horn 1-2. Both matches had their chances, but I feel in a way I was hampered by an unfortunate run of bad form (red arrow for Saulo Mineiro, Someya, and Honda, in the first match, orange arrow in the second match, and Nakamura and others had orange arrow in the second match), I had to use many substitutes actually. But bad luck aside, I didn't play my best matches. The second match was very winnable, but breaks didn't go my way. Oh well.. Perhaps I was a bit emotionally drained from winning the AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, and the emotional and passionate post that came after that, or maybe the players had too many Caipirinhas in Churrascaria Aoyama, the finest BBQ & Samba music & Brazilian Cuisine in Japan! hahahahaha :LOL: :LOL:

In anycase, no matter what the result, I don't think I cared as much about this Club World Cup result as I did for the final. Don't get me wrong, doing well in the Club World Cup it would've been nice, but the AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL... Man that was my Final, the one I fought hard for. Those last 5 minutes (which were actually like 1 game minute) were incredibly intense. I can't remember the last time I was so nervous/relieved while playing! Those were the most emotional games I've ever played. EVER!

Anyway, on to your comments!

@Joga This is GREAT buddy!!!! Never heard this before, but it's right up my alley. Japanese Hard Rock Ballad, with 80's vocal overtones, singing full of heart, a kick-ass guitar solo, and Japanese Wrestling? SIGN ME UP!!!!! AWESOME.

@Madmac79 Thanks bro!! This is probably the most fun I've ever had playing PES. It was an amazing experience. :)

@The Moroccan LOL I did read the fine print bro. But Millos will be back! Sooner or later we will be back, I promise. :) I think Comizzo is allergic to Nori, the Japanese seaweed actually. hahahaha

@mattmid "Nothing ever comes easy to Comizzo", loooool. Bro, somehow I knew the return match against Seoul would not be easy, and not only that, it was unnecessarily complicated!! Haha.. But true to form, I had to sweat it out at the end!!!!!

@slamsoze hahahaha bro I like to think it wasn't the script, but my dramatic storytelling mind thinks it was more like.. "the Gods of Football wanted to add epicness to my story". And man, did they. And they took care of Comizzo's hair too. :LOL:

@*aLe Oh, trust me buddy. The Quilmes was flowing in Churrascaria Aoyama, maybe that explains the World Cup performance, loooooool. But yes bro, Comizzo was sweating it out, and so was I.. You wouldn't believe how nervous/relieved I was!!

@Holland Thank you Sensei bro.. I am actually very pleased with how the story came out. Not only because of the result of winning the Cup (which was incredible) but also the dramatic story, and the emotional rollercoaster that Gunma United put me through.. It was really fun and cool! :TU:

So my friends, I think it is time to say goodbye to Comizzo and Gunma United for now! Thank you for the AFC Cup! Thank you for the experiences but most of all for giving us so much fun in these past two months! GRACIAS POR TODO.. GRACIAS!!!!!!! :RSCARF: :WORSHIP: :BEER: :TU::RSCARF:

View attachment 130487View attachment 130488

I will be back with my next Master League story soon. :)

Everything good mate. We are "technically" the 4th best Club in the World! Also you contributed to the first "official" recorded win of Pleasure Horn, in an official football match, in PES history, so you should be very glad! :) :) :P

Last edited:
Bro, I have to congratulate you on the fantastic year that you managed to bring to an end, a season where you managed to win and that the world final does not at all scratch the General's feat at command, the MASTER COMIZZO!!!
:APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD:

He thrilled us on the field, while you delighted us with your passion and your love for this team... keep it up Bro!!!!!
:LOVE:

Hi bros! Thanks for your comments and congratulations! It was such an exciting season with Comizzo and Gunma United! Playing the AFC Champions League, and actually winning the title, was an incredible journey.. From the bottom of JLeague, fighting for relegation, to an International Cup in two seasons. :) And it was so much fun to write about it, I think we all got immersed into it which I think is the cool thing about writing Master League Stories!! Thanks for your continued support bros!! :TU: :RSCARF: :COOL: :APPLAUD:

Right now, I am deciding which version of PES to play my next ML with. Right now, I've narrowed it down to the following options:
PES 6, PES 2011, PES 2013, PES 2017! A lot of it depends on which patches I can find, I've been searching for patches a lot nowadays!

In terms of the Okocha save, I am thinking two options: Either wait until the 2006 season downgrade patch by @galvarinoantinanco and @The Moroccan, or start a new one in PES 6.. But I think I will wait for the patch, so I can try all of the features which look awesome! There's really no rush, so take all the time you need bros. :TU:

So, that leaves me with time and space to create a new Master League! Since my adventure in the Asian Leagues went well, I think I will either go back to my roots, South America, probably play an alternate story with Millonarios, or a different South American League, or start an ML in a second division in Europe, probably Italy, or I would also like to try the Romanian League!

In short, I will let you guys know as soon as I've decided!

As always, comments are welcome! :TU:

Bros, after much testing and searching, I have decided my next Master League Story!

It will be played with PES 2013, it will start in the year 2012-2013, and it will feature a bit of revisionist history:

The title of the save will be:
MILLONARIOS FC: The Rise of a Fallen Giant.

millos.jpg

A few liner notes:

- This story will feature the first (and only) made-up relegation in my dear Millonarios' history. In actuality, we have never been in second division, and we won the 2012 Colombian title. But in my story, instead of winning the title, we got relegated, and we're in the midst of a 24 year title drought!

- The posts in this story will have a lot of emotion, like always, but I want them to be shorter than Comizzo's story. Even though they were really fun, it took me hours to write each episode, haha. I'll try to make these updates more condensed, without losing any of the feeling!

Stay tuned my friends, I am getting everything ready. :BSCARF: :TU::BEER: :BSCARF:

Last edited:
MASTER LEAGUE #3: (PES 2013)
MILLONARIOS FC: The Rise of a Fallen Giant

1637045086393.png

Once considered the cream of the crop in Colombia, Millonarios faces its darkest hour
The year is 2012. Colombian Football has been dealt a crippling blow. Millonarios FC, affectionately known as Millos by their faithful supporters and fanatics (yours truly included), has been relegated for the first time in their star-studded history. Even though Millos are still the league-leaders in total local titles won, with 13, the team is also in the midst of a 24 year drought, with the last league title coming in the distant 1980's, in 1988, in a much different era where all of Colombian football and most if not all of their big teams were, unfortunately, under dark and dubious influences. Despite this dark era, Millonarios can still boast of a proud and historic past, with 11 local titles being won in the glorious 1949-1978 period, a period in which the team was, undoubtedly, "El Embajador", The true Ambassador of the Colombian game worldwide.

Since the 80's,
Millonarios has long cleaned up their act, bringing transparency and public ownership to the team. But despite our best efforts off the pitch, success has not translated onto the pitch itself. 24 long years have passed since Millos has won a title, with many young fans not being able to see "Los Azules" win anything important in their lifetime. Years of badly run teams, mediocrity, bad luck, and a rise in the fortunes of the team's rivals, such as Atlético Nacional and América de Cali, who have almost caught up in championships, have created a suffering culture in the teams' fans, a period literally known as "El Aguante", or "The Withstanding".

1636884987260.png1636885458795.png
The years passed. No titles. The years became decades and the fans kept having to wait until next year in order to raise the title. But the nightmare was just beginning. Millonarios' fans were dealt a fateful blow, when in 2012, the glorious and historic azules were sent to second division in humiliating and astonishing fashion. Blue Nation and the capital city of Bogotá were in complete shock and disbelief. It all happened in the last match of the season, with the clock ticking way and needing only a draw at home against humble and small Deportes Quindío to remain in first division, Millos could not, would not score, and in heartbreaking fashion, in minute 86, Quindío scored an away goal after a counterattack left our defenders completely exposed. There was nothing the goalkeeper could do. And after agonizing final minutes where Millos could not revert their destiny, the fate of the team was sealed. The final whistle blew. Final score, Millonarios 0, Deportes Quindío 1. The 40,000 in El Campín Stadium could not believe our eyes. The commentators dramatically narrated the historic failure of one of Colombia's giants. Families and fans in the stands were devastated, the players and manager were completely distraught on the pitch, rivers of tears were flowing. We were relegated for the first time in our glorious history.

Commentator: "It cannot be believed! 66 years of history gone down the drain in one night! Millonarios Futbol Club goes to second division, and this will live on as the darkest day in their history.. Needing only a simple draw against humble Quindío, this has to be the biggest failure after 24 years of suffering and mediocrity, and Estadio el Campín has fallen completely, completely silent."

1636886551939.png

And this my friends, is where OUR STORY begins.

:BSCARF: :TU: Stay tuned to the next edition of Millossobek's Master League Stories. :TU: :BSCARF:

Last edited:
@millossobek Will you start with the proper squad for 2013? I was just wondering if so then it might be an idea for 'realism' sake to sell a couple of your best players in the pre season to reflect what might have happened and make a tougher challenge? After all if you are playing with the squad that actually won the First Division in 2012 real life then you might be much too strong for Division 2.

Back
Top Bottom