P.S I don't know what stadium that is, but I like it! Looks like it would be cozy for home fans & claustraphobic for away lol. You given it a name yet ?
Well for Gunma United's first couple of seasons, the stadium was called simply "Takasaki Stadium" (After Gunma prefecture's capital) but now that they qualified for the Champions League, sponsors have come flying from different angles, both for the stadium and for kit logos! Yes, I chose it for the close and cozy feel, for more hometown support! :LOL:

The main sponsor for the team has been PREMIUM YEBISU BEER, (which you can see on the kits above) which looks badass.
But check this out bros, now there are other candidates for the AFC Champions League Kit sponsor! :TU:

- REAL GOLD ENERGY DRINK, the true Japanese energy drink, ready to propel Gunma to the AFC Champions League!
- YOKITOS CHIPS, Brazil's up and coming chips, looking to expand to the Asian market through Saulo Mineiro ready to feast on rivals!
- MARO 17 Japanese Shampoo for men, the company is considering Comizzo to be their new spokesperson and model!
- BULDAK SPICY RAMEN, a spicy Korean alternative for the Asian market, reflecting Comizzo's fiery personality!

1634597757824.png 3.jpg2.jpg4.jpg

Please vote bros!

- "LIKE" FOR REAL GOLD ENERGY DRINK
- "LOVE" FOR YOKITOS CHIPS
- "HAHA" FOR MARO 17 SHAMPOO

- "WOW" FOR BULDAK SPICY RAMEN

and I will incorporate it as the main logo in the AFC Champions League Kit!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Last edited:
Well for Gunma United's first couple of seasons, the stadium was called simply "Takasaki Stadium" (After Gunma prefecture's capital) but now that they qualified for the Champions League, sponsors have come flying from different angles, both for the stadium and for kit logos! Yes, I chose it for the close and cozy feel, for more hometown support! :LOL:

The main sponsor for the team has been PREMIUM YEBISU BEER, (which you can see on the kits above) which looks badass.
But check this out bros, now there are other candidates for the AFC Champions League kit sponsor! :TU:

- REAL GOLD ENERGY DRINK, the true Japanese energy drink, ready to propel Gunma to the AFC Champions League!
- YOKITOS CHIPS, Brazil's up and coming chips, looking to expand to the Asian market through Saulo Mineiro ready to feast on rivals!
- MARO 17 Japanese Shampoo for men, the company is considering Comizzo to be their new spokesperson and model!
- BULDAK SPICY RAMEN, a spicy Korean alternative for the Asian market, reflecting Comizzo's fiery personality!

View attachment 127780 View attachment 127784View attachment 127761View attachment 127774

Please vote bros!

- "LIKE" FOR REAL GOLD ENERGY DRINK
- "LOVE" FOR YOKITOS CHIPS
- "HAHA" FOR MARO 17 SHAMPOO

- "WOW" FOR BULDAK SPICY RAMEN

and I will incorporate it as the main logo in the AFC Champions League kit!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
None of these seem to be Halal, so yeah that explains it 😂😂

Congratulations! Let's hope for a good draw in the AFC Champions League. Do you qualify straight to a group stage or do you have to go through a qualifying round or two first?

It was said that even after being showered with Champagne on the pitch after the final game that Comizzo's hair was still untroubled. There are rumours of Japan's largest Shampoo brand sponsoring Gunma for next season as a result of his hair's performance this season.
Oh, btw bro, forgot to answer this part, haha.

Well according to wikipedia, since the J-League is ranked 2nd in the AFC association points list, it has 3 direct slots to the group stage! So I should be ok in the group stage by now, technically speaking since I finished third haha.. Let's see what happens in my Master League. :LOL:

Let's keep the voting going for a few more days bros! And I'll incorporate the logo in my kit haha. Thanks for your responses guys! :TU:

Oh, btw bro, forgot to answer this part, haha.

Well according to wikipedia, since the J-League is ranked 2nd in the AFC association points list, it has 3 direct slots to the group stage! So I should be ok in the group stage by now, technically speaking since I finished third haha.. Let's see what happens in my Master League. :LOL:

Let's keep the voting going for a few more days bros! And I'll incorporate the logo in my kit haha. Thanks for your responses guys! :TU:
You can go to Your league throuhg Competition Info/Competition/League/Regulations and check what AFC berths your league has. I assume since it is PAS LEague , the positions are 4 or 5.

1200px-AFC_Champions_League_2008_logo.svg.png

GUNMAUNITED3.pngALNASSR.pngESTEGHLAL.pngALAIN.png

Hi bros! So, the AFC Champions League groups are set, and after the draw was made, my group (group D) looks like this! :TU:

- GUNMA UNITED (JAPAN): It's been a sudden and exciting ride for previously little and unheralded Gunma United under manager Angel Comizzo! In only two seasons, they have ascended from perhaps the smallest team in the J1 League with the smallest budget in the division, to possible title contenders and AFC Champions League qualifiers!! Suddenly, coach Comizzo is one of the hottest and most requested managers in Asia, but he has chosen to stay with Gunma, and take them to international recognition and why not, glory! :BSCARF:

- AL-NASSR FC (SAUDI ARABIA): One of the most popular teams in Saudi Arabia, Al-Nassr FC has won 26 local cups and leagues. They are known as "The International", since they've won 2 Gulf Cups, and a historic international double by winning the Asian Winners' Club, and the Asian Super Cup both in 1998, and therefore participating in the FIFA World Cup, where they won a sportsmaship award. They are considered the second most successful club in Saudi Arabia, after Al Hilal!

- ESTEGHLAL FC (IRAN): Esteghlal is one of the oldest football clubs in Iran, and carries a deep history in Iranian football! It is one of the most supported and successful clubs , having won two AFC Champions League trophies (1970, 1991), eight national titles and a record of seven national cups. Esteghlal is also leading the all-time table of the Persian Gulf Pro League! They set an attendance record for an Asian Club Championship match in 1999 when 125,000 supporters watched their final against Júbilo Iwata in Tehran, which speaks to their awesome support. Another very tough opponent.

- AL-AIN FC (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES): Al-Ain is the most successful team in UAE football! They have won at least 18 UAE Pro League titles, 16 President's Cups, 7 Federation Cups, 8 Arabian Gulf Cup, 5 Super Cups, 2 Abu Dhabi Championship Cups, 1 Joint League Cup, Emirati-Moroccan Super Cup, Gulf Club Champions Cup, and a Champions League, which gives them over 50 titles and make them one of the most successful clubs in the world. To me, Al-Ain is the favorite in this group, based on recent accomplishments.

1634678354179.png1634678395690.png

As usual, Comizzo was not short for words at the AFC Champions League presser! Some controversial statements, too!

Comizzo: "We are facing three Asian Giants. Al-Nassr, Esteghlal, and Al-Ain are some of the biggest teams in the continent. We are aware that we're sitting at the table of giants, and we are considered the smallest one. But this is football. And In football, it's eleven vs. eleven, history goes out the window when we're on the pitch. Trophies don't play, they just sit there, accumulating dust. Or when was the last time you saw a trophy score a goal? I respect my opponents and their fans, like I said, they are Asian Giants. But when it comes down to it, I still believe that those trophies and accolades mean nothing come game day."

next up...... the unveiling of Gunma United's historic AFC Champions League Kit, sponsors, and more previews of the group stage (main players, stars, etc..) Stay tuned my friends!!

:RSCARF::TU: Stay tuned to the next edition of Millossobek's Master League Stories. :TU::BSCARF:
Comments are welcome!
:YES:

Last edited:
Be carefull cause usually the group stage and the round of 16 , due to Asia schedule, are played until June and then you play again late August, early September, and with the transfer window, it is usually as two different competitions!

Also the final is 2 legged match. In my first attempt with Samut Prakan i lost the final hands down.

Oh dear, oh dear! And what a group.
I mean I agree with Comizzo's statement, you should bin off the history. But you should take into consideration the squads you are playing against.

Esteghlal are having one the most lethal African strikers: Cheikh Diabaté, who slotted his international goals against the giants of Africa (Algeria, Tunisia, Prime Ghana...).
Their goalkeeper Hosseini is a loyal player due to his consistent performances.
Another winger, Mehdi Ghaedi. Just make sure you never let him use his speed to sneak into your defense or else...
Eh9MTGaXYAE-phF.jpg

Al-Nasr: You gotta rely on praying all day long, or just use dark magic. Their attack is made up from three leggers:
Ahmed Musa, stupid speed, creative playmaker. Catch him if you can
Nordin Amrabat, again another speed demon, very very physical player so its hard to pull the ball out of him.
And Abderrazzak Hamdallah, pure product of Moroccan league, don't let the ball touch his feet inside your box.

Al-Ain: They might be playing either Kodjo Laba or Caio. Kodjo is a tall strong center forward, two seasons ago he was the top scorer of the Moroccan league.Caio in the other hand is very short, he will not be waiting any long passes, so he will use his pace to burst into your defence..

:RSCARF: AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE KIT PRESENTATION! :RSCARF:

1634790721092.png

Hey bros! So, in order to commemorate Gunma United's first ever AFC Champions League qualification, the team decided to release a whole new batch of special edition kits! As you can see above, these are the home, away, third, and goalkeeper kits, brandishing a new main sponsor, Japanese company Maro Shampoo for Men! (as voted by you guys :TU:)

The kit has some new details, for example, the team decided to go with a bolder design in the home and away kits, showing a different, more modern pattern with the red and black. There are some nice small touches in the kits themselves, such as official AFC Champions League logos on the kits, and three additional sponsors: Pro Evolution Soccer, World Soccer Winning Eleven 10, and Rakk Ramen! ⚽ 🍜

2.jpg
A few small details of the home kit!​

Also important to note, main sponsor Maro Shampoo has just released an advertising campaign centered on Comizzo's perfect hair! Needless to say the product's sales have been boosted everywhere in Japan, especially in the Gunma region, as Comizzo is seen as an example of "a middle aged badass". Thousands of Japanese middle aged men are now "Making Their Day With MARO". Comizzo's charisma, as well as the star power of some of Gunma's players, has trascended the local city and is starting to become a phenomenon in Japan and in other Asian Countries!

It is evident that Gunma United is the newest J-League sensation, and, as the AFC Champions League approaches, the media frenzy starts building up even more. Will this small, unheralded team from small Gunma prefecture be able to shock the Asian Football World? Will the newfound attention distract the players and Comizzo, or will they use this as an advantage and a catalyst to further energize the fanbase and the team?? Stay tuned to Millossobek's Master League Stories!!

comizzo.jpg
The ad that has taken Japan by storm.. A huge billboard stands just outside Gunma's Stadium!

:BSCARF: :TU: Stay tuned to the next edition of Millossobek's Master League Stories. :TU: :BSCARF:
Comments are welcome! :YES:

Last edited:
🏆 🏆 AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GUNMA UNITED GROUP STAGE🏆 🏆

Hi bros! So, after the dust had settled regarding Gunma United's qualification excitement, the unveiling of the new kits, and the surrounding publicity campaign, it was time to get down to business and play the actual matches! The first match was against Iranian Esteghlal at Gunma Stadium, in front of a packed arena. It is evident that the entire city of Gunma is standing now behind Comizzo and the team, as every single home match, both in the local league, as well as in the international cup, is now the hottest ticket in town!

The match itself did not disappoint at all, Brazilian Star Saulo Mineiro opened up the score in the 25th minute, with a deft touch to the corner after a nice buildup by Midfielders Hirakawa and Morita, and Gunma United has their first international goal in their history! Comizzo directed the team to keep attacking, and even though Esteghlal was controlling possession, our boys in red kept opening up the pitch with good passing and counterattacks. The match itself was controlled by United, but things would change in the second half. Esteghlal was able to equalize in approximately the 70th minute, in an inspired possession and a tiki taka passing play. It was a classic possession vs counterattack matchup, one that ended up 1-1. A bit disappointing, but a point was earned, even if Comizzo felt like United had played better.

20211022001531_1.jpg1634954521513.png

The second match was against Al-Ain, in the United Arab Emirates! In a somewhat frustrating match, Gunma United could not find the spaces to really hurt Al-Ain, and in a tense match with very few chances, Al-Ain was able to persevere and win 1-0. In a large and packed Hazza Bin Zayed Stadium, our boys in red could not find the necessary spaces to score. One important point to mention in this match is that Saulo Mineiro was not present due to not coming in good condition for the match, perhaps the change in climate and long trip had a negative effect on the Brazilian. With his top striker out, Comizzo decided to bring in newly acquired half Nigerian half Japanese striker Ado Onaiwu, pictured below. (The team had to go shopping for a striker after Taichi Hara left to a European team). However, it was not enough, as the final result was Ai-Ain 1, Gunma United 0.

1634946950973.png1634950024410.png

Gunma United needed to pick up steam, and soon, if we wanted to keep our AFC Champions League alive. And that is exactly what we did, as the team went on a remarkable away and home victory streak against Saudi giants Al-Nassr! (Comizzo can be seen above encouraging the team to play with more, more fire!) In the first match, in Riyadh, United was able to secure a remarkable 1-2 away win! Some concerns were present in the Japanese media as Gunma would be the team that would have to do the most travelling, and fatigue was a concern, given that they would have to travel much longer distances than the other teams in their group, but these concerns were dismissed by Comizzo, and the team showed their mettle and "garra" with this 1-2 victory!

This victory was followed by yet another triumph, again 2-1 against Al-Nassr, but back in Gunma stadium! There were many remarkable things about these pair of matches, perhaps the most was the reasserting of Kaito Nakamura as undoubtedly the most talented player in United! Scoring two consecutive braces, his four goals in both matches were the propelling factor in our wins, showcasing many different attacking skills, dribbling, scoring with a header, placing shots with so much talent, and a beautifully executed free kick. These pair of wins propelled our team to second place with two matches to go!

1634947689717.png1634947873962.png1634947843271.png

But as we know, the nature of Comizzo's team is their streakiness, and the next match, in Tehran Iran, was a 2-0 defeat against Esteghlal! In a match controlled by the Iranian side in gigantic Azadi Stadium, Gunma United was not able to impose their game in the first half. The story of this match was perhaps one of wasted opportunities. Esteghlal came out of the gates running, with two goals in the first 20 minutes of the match. Gunma was not able to recover from this, and the match could've ended up 3-0 at the half, with Esteghlal having many more chances. However, once the second half started, a very different match ensued. Gunma came out on the offensive, and after an inspiring speech by Comizzo, the team had many more chances and came out much more aggressive. However, we were not able to capitalize on the opportunities, and the match finished 2-0!

This was concerning, because, coming into the last match, the standings looked as follows!

Ai-Ain 12 Points
Esteghlal 7 Points
Gunma 7 Points
Al Nassr 3 Points

Even though points and goal difference were the same between Esteghlal and Gunma, their h2h was better and so therefore they had the upper hand going into the last match! Also one thing to take into account, is that our last match was against already qualified Al-Ain, and their match was against Al-Nassr! Things were quite concerning and nothing was certain going into the last match....

The last match of the group phase against leaders Al-Ain, was very exciting, with an incredible atmosphere! Gunma fans knew that their entire international cup destiny rode on this match, and came out in full force. Al-Ain also brought thousands of supporters, and before the match began, the atmosphere was like a party, which energized both sides and gave the encounter a lot of tension, passion, and emotion!

In terms of tactics, Comizzo made an important change right before the match, placing left back Brazilian Caique up on the wing, and bringing in Koike at left back, replacing the usual starting winger Shigeta! This proved to be a key managerial decision. Shigeta, though fast, is more of a playmaker who associates with the center mids and links up with the two forwards Saulo Mineiro and Nakamura! But in this match, Comizzo had a feeling that speed would be important, and thus the speedier Caique started, and scored a direct incisive goal at the 49th minute mark! Yes, using the direct approach using counterattacks that has defined Comizzo's tenure in Japan, Gunma was able to hold on for a cagey 1-0 victory! This, coupled with the fact that Al-Nassr handed a 4-0 drubbing to Esteghlal, meant that scrappy, fighting Gunma United has not only qualified to their first AFC Champions League in history, but in their first participation, has qualified to the Round of 16! Historic!!!!

1634948782555.png1634948732012.png

Comizzo: "Even though our destiny was not entirely in our hands going into the last match, I knew that our crowd would be completely behind us and packed to the rafters in the most important event in Gunma United's history.. The atmosphere today was incredible, I loved seeing so many fireworks, chants, and so much enthusiasm, it reminded me of the atmosphere back in South America.. One thing I will say though, is that I also loved seeing the visiting fans, the Al-Ain fans in our stadium. This right now is impossible in so many South American countries.. As no visiting fans are allowed.. This must change! I think we as South Americans have a lot to learn from the AFC and their fans.. Proof that you can really enjoy football with as much passion as anywhere else, but in peace and harmony. Beautiful performance overall by the fans.....!! I would also like to thank our players, everyone.. From our captain Honda, who is fast becoming the Asian Sergio Ramos, to our brightest star, Nakamura, to Shigeta and Someya, Saulo Mineiro and Caique our own dose of Samba, and down to our youth system, everyone. This qualification proves our fighting spirit and our passion. We are going for the AFC Championship now. We are here to make history."

Comizzo: "Oh..... And I would also like to thank Al-Nassr for doing us a huge favor." :LOL:

1634949894047.png

Next up, Shabab Al-Ahli Dubai in the round of 16.... Go Gunma United!!!!!!!!

:BSCARF: :TU: Stay tuned to the next edition of Millossobek's Master League Stories! :TU: :BSCARF:

Last edited:
The rumour mill is churning..

Kaito Nakamura has sent @Joga two autographed, special edition and framed #8 Gunma United home and away kits, plus an invitation to attend next home match against Al-Ahli with the best seats in the entire stadium, with an after party of a Takasaki Brazilian Bar and Grill and Karaoke afterwards, no matter what the result! :TU::TU:

Comizzo is considering hiring @The Moroccan as his secret "Middle East scout" for the upcoming showdown against Shabab Al-Ahli! His reward? A full expenses paid hotel vacation in Gunma and Dubai 5 star hotels, a prime seats concert ticket to see Mariah Carey, and a lifetime free supply of Maro 3D shampoo, guaranteed to make you more of a badass with every wash. :LOL: :LOL:

Wow, such a nail-biting finish of the group.
Glad you moved on (and happy also Al Ain did, to be honest)... You and Al Ain going through was exactly what I was hoping for! 🤩

Now it's time for Gunma to show they're ready to fight for the cup!

Comizzo is considering hiring @The Moroccan as his secret "Middle East scout" for the upcoming showdown against Shabab Al-Ahli! His reward? A full expenses paid hotel vacation in Gunma and Dubai 5 star hotels, a prime seats concert ticket to see Mariah Carey, and a lifetime free supply of Maro 3D shampoo, guaranteed to make you more of a badass with every wash. :LOL: :LOL:
I have long hair so that would help looking like a badass 😎 but if I would look like Comizzo, then we're talking
Haven't heard about Mariah Carey since a long time, I will be happy to attend maybe her last live performance 😂
And yeah don't worry I got him covered for the next opponent

🏆JUGAR CON EL CORAZON!!🏆

Comizzo (1).jpg1635054944943.png

COMIZZO LEA
DS GUNMA UNITED TO THE QUARTERFINALS
OF THE AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!
Amazing, unprecedented, surprising, unexpected..? Perhaps adjectives are not enough to describe what is happening to Gunma United in the AFC Champions League, in only their second season under Manager Angel Comizzo. In a tough, exciting, nailbiting round of 16th clash vs Shabab Al-Ahli Dubai, Comizzo's side came back from a 1-2 deficit, showing remarkable heart and willpower, proving once more than you just cannot count out the heart of this team, even when facing difficult circumstances!

The first leg of the round of 16 was at home, in Gunma United Stadium (Takasaki). Once again, the atmosphere was a scene to behold, as the fans waved their red and black flags with chanted in a mix of Argentinean and Japanese styles. Some of the chants went like this:

私は彼らが何を言っているのか、
他の人が何を言っているのかは気にしません!
私はあなたをもっと愛するたびに、
どこでもあなたをフォローします!
群馬、私の親友!

"No me importan lo que digan,
lo que digan los demás!
Yo te sigo a todas partes,
cada vez te quiero más!
Gunma, mi buen amigo!"

TRANSLATION
"I don't care what they say,
What the others say,
I will follow you everywhere
My love for you grows all the time.
Gunma, my good friend!"

What was most impressive is that the Gunma crowd sang this song in Japanese, and in Spanish, which they apparently memorized! This, more than anything, showed the commitment and the love that the small city have for their team, as their success has become their success, a small prefecture which had often been overshadowed by others in the past!

The match itself was very exciting. Both teams came out with different tactics. Shabab Al-Ahli were clearly playing possession football, relishing in their tradition of maintaining the ball with good touches and short passing. Comizzo, being used to facing this type of opposition, decided to play his usual counterattacking style. However, and unfortunately for our boys, Al-Ahli would score first in the first half, courtesy of a beautiful curling free kick by talented Brazilian Yuri Cesar. Things did not look well for Gunma in the first half, as Al-Ahli's constant possession football was keeping the ball away from our team. By the end of the first half, possession was nearly 70-30 in favor of the opponents, but Comizzo knew that in the end, openings had to occur.

1635056419814.png1635056585284.png

In the second half, Comizzo decided to take a book out of Mourinho's philosophy: "The team that has the ball more, commits more mistakes". Therefore, he started to see patterns in Al-Ahli's attacks and was able to exploit the spaces left a bit more. And so, as the second half went on, United was starting to thread the needle better and better, until at last in minute 60, a beautiful combination play between Morita and Nakamura found a space, and Nakamura the star found the corner of the net for the 1-1! Things were looking a bit more hopeful for United, and we started to press more and more. It was evident, at least to Comizzo's eyes, that our team was more talented, and that Shabab Al-Ahli's possession football was wearing a little thin as the second half went on. Gunma was going for the win, as Comizzo decided to move his lines forward and keep pressing. However, this is football, and the only thing certain in football is uncertainty. And therefore, in the midst of pressure and domination, once again, Yuri Cesar found a goal seemingly out of nowhere. An interception, two quick long passes and a beautiful diving header. And unfortunately, Shabab had their second goal in minute 84, and the match finished 1-2 in favor of the Emirates team. A possibly heartbreaking loss at home, when things were starting to look up for United.

1635057337292.png1635057272890.png

This loss stung, not only because of the nature of the loss, conceding a late goal, but also because of the away goal rule. Shabab Al-Ahli had managed to score 2 goals in Gunma Stadium, which made things more difficult than necessary. Now Comizzo knew that a slim victory back at Dubai would not be enough, several goals would have to be scored. Before the match started, Comizzo thought how he could achieve this, and decided to stick with his usual tactics. He figured that his style had gotten Gunma United this far, and changing them would be counterproductive before the second leg. Facing a hostile crowd, a strong team, and a 1-2 deficit, Comizzo realized that heart and desire, more than tactics, would be the pathway to victory.

The match could NOT have started worse for United though, as, with only 4 minutes in, Shabab Al-Ahli already scored a goal! In a terrible defensive lapse, Gunma could not solve a string of passes by the opponent, which led to an easy score in the box. Things were looking dire for Comizzo and our team now, as not only were they facing the two away goals now, but they were in a 1-3 hole now.

But this is when things started getting REALLY interesting. The opponents were still keeping possession, and as they were playing at home, thought they were cruising to a victory. Perhaps letting their guard down a bit too much, Al-Ahli started tiki taka-ing the ball around, trying to build something from the back. But then they commited a very costly mistake at the 12th minute, a silly giveaway from one of their defenders straight to Nakamura's feet in the box led to an easy assist to Saulo Mineiro and a score! A ridiculous defensive mistake but we'll take it! 1-1 and things were looking much more positive for our team, out of nowhere. Even though we were still down, one more away goal would even the series.

1635057894997.png1635057994288.png

And this is EXACTLY what happened only 14 minutes later! Out of nowhere, and from a beautifully taken corner kick by Nakamura, Kohei Shigeta headed the ball straight into the net, beating both the keeper and a defender, as can be seen above! All of a sudden, and with only 26 minutes in, Gunma United would find ourselves right back in it. Comizzo decided to move the defensive lines forward, hopefully in an effort to capitalize on a stunned Al-Ahli side. Unfortunately, only a few minutes later, approximately in minute 35, a brilliant collective play by our opponents led to a powerful top corner strike by their forward, just outside the box! There wasn't much goalkeeper Osako or the defense could do about this goal. As opposed to the first goal, which had been a defensive lapse, this second goal was just a touch of brilliance by the Al-Ahli forward. As the first half concluded, the score was 2-2, global score 2-3. Gunma United would have to score again to qualify.

Comizzo gave the team a rousing pep talk at halftime, refusing to talk tactics. Some of this assistants were quite surprised when Comizzo pretty much ditched the chalkboard. He did NOT want to talk tactics. His halftime speech stressed HEART instead of MIND. He reminded the players of how far they had come, he urged them to not only thing about the joy a win would bring to their families, and their loved ones, but to ALL the people of Gunma! Even though he was in hostile territory, against a hostile crowd which was really animated, with very tough support and a claustrophobic stadium which kind of felt like the Bombonera back in Buenos Aires, Comizzo knew that deep inside, his team had it in them to beat Shabab Al-Ahli. No tactics, he said. It's time to "JUGAR CON EL CORAZON!" (Play With Your Heart)!

And so Gunma United did just that, coming up pumped up and fired up in the second half of the game. They played the second half with a ton of desire, pressing and playing beautiful counterattacking football. Al-Ahli seemed quite stunned by this turn of events, even if they still had the advantage. they thought that they had the momentum after the late equalizer which had put them ahead in the global score late in the first half. However, a goal would just not come. Shigeta, close miss. Someya, just wide. Comizzo looked quite concerned, pacing the sidelines furiously. As time continued to move on, Al-Ahli decided to hang on for the win. The global was 3-3, and time was running out on Gunma United's AFC Champions League dream. You gotta give credit where credit is due though. Shabab Al-Ahli was really managing the match well with their defense though, even after a dodgy non-penalty call which should have gone our way (Comizzo was furious! Jumping up and down and even confronting the referee, to no avail). Even though United had quite a few chances, as time went on it really seemed like the dream was over. Unitil Minute 84...

A beautiful, absolutely gorgeous through pass by Nakamura splits Al-Ahli defense in two, Saulo Mineiro finds the space, runs towards it, calmly and clinically nets the ball for the winner..... and just like that..... Gunma United has their game winning goal! Only a few minutes later, and United win the series with two goals by Saulo Mineiro, the header by Shigeta, and three assists by Nakamura! Comizzo could not believe his eyes, as he was fist-pumping and jumping for joy, just like in his playing days. Final score. Al-Ahli 2, Gunma United 3...... 4-4 aggregate, we qualify on away goals to the quarterfinals of the AFC Champions League!

1635059122307.png1635059193308.png

Kohei Shigeta: "I can't really say if that was the best goal I've ever scored. It was definitely the most exciting one, the most beautiful circumstances. Maybe they both mean the same thing."

Kaito Nakamura: "People say that I am finding my best football right now. But this performance I owe more to my teammates and Coach Comizzo for giving me confidence, than to myself. Football is a team sport, and I'm just a part of the whole equation."

Saulo Mineiro: "I want to bring more joy to Gunma. I want us to give the people a title. This is no longer just my dream come true. We are fighting now for all of our fans and their happiness."

Comizzo: "I told my players to play with their HEART. And that is what they did. Sometimes, you just have to go back to the playground, and win with your HEART. I am proud of my team, proud of these players, and happy to call myself the manager of Gunma United."

:BSCARF: :TU: Stay tuned to the next edition of Millossobek's Master League Stories! :TU: :BSCARF:

Last edited:
Hi friends! I was going to play the quarterfinals of the AFC Champions League, but I decided to let the thread breathe a little.. Build up the anticipation and the preview for Gunma United's clash against defending AFC champions Al-Hilal of Saudi Arabia! I might post lineups and analysis in a few days, and intend to play the quarterfinal sometime next week!

This promises to be an epic quarterfinal matchup. Be assured that Comizzo's getting the team ready! :RSCARF:

Hi friends! I was going to play the quarterfinals of the AFC Champions League, but I decided to let the thread breathe a little.. Build up the anticipation and the preview for Gunma United's clash against defending AFC champions Al-Hilal of Saudi Arabia! I might post lineups and analysis in a few days, and intend to play the quarterfinal sometime next week!

This promises to be an epic quarterfinal matchup. Be assured that Comizzo's getting the team ready! :RSCARF:
I hope they didn't run out of shampoo!!! :)

What a fairytale story so far! Are Ulsan Hyundai still in the competition, could my final prediction still come true? Comizzo will be running for Prime Minister of Japan if he pulls this off!

In the second half, Comizzo decided to take a book out of Mourinho's philosophy:

I thought it was going to be the Mourinho one where if they win he is a genius and if they lose it's the players fault :D

1635220603343.png

MEET THE TEAM! GUNMA UNITED MEDIA DAY

GUNMAUNITED.jpg

MIDWAY POINT OF THE SEASON: AWAITING
THE AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTERFINALS
GUNMA UNITED HOLD A MEDIA DAY!

From left to right top to bottom: :TU:

GK KEISUKE OSAKO: (Japanese, age 23, 187 cm, 86 kg):

Osako has been a solid goalkeeper for one season and a half for United, transferred from Sanfrecce Hiroshima. Under the tutelage of Comizzo, he has blossomed as an aggressive offensive GK, being the starting and undisputed goalie for all of the most important Gunma United matches. Osako has emerged as one of the best goalkeepers in the J-League and the AFC Champions League, and his confidence is growing!
"As a former goalkeeper, Professor Comizzo has given me great confidence"

LB CAIQUE: (Brazilian, age 22, 173 cm, 67 kg):
Caique is the one of the youngest players on the team and a future star. Perhaps the speediest, fastest player on the squad, Caique has been essential in Comizzo's tactics, being able to play Left Back and Left Winger with equal skill. Comizzo sees Caique as a secret weapon. The fact that he can do well in both positions gives the team a lot of options. An important cog in United's offense and defense, Caique plays with flair and passion.
"I like to play with a smile on my face. I love football, and I'm living my dream."

CB
AHMET ÇALIK: (Turkish, age 28, 184 cm, 77 kg)
The Turkish rock, Ahmet Çalik is the best defender on the team. A transfer from Konyaspor from before the second season, Çalik might not be the fastest or most skilled player with the dribble, but he has been more than solid in tackling and defensive positioning, and is the rock of the defense along with Honda. He sometimes flies under the radar compared to his flashier teammates, but Çalik would have it no other way.

"I'm about the unsung work. Defense might not be glamorous, but it is the base."

CB PISTON HONDA: (Japanese, age 26, 183 cm, 82 kg)
The undisputed Captain of the team and a terrific athlete and former boxer, an all around defender who is strong like a bull and great in the air. He is not as anchored to defense as Çalik, but likes to roam a bit more and help build possession and counters from the back. The emotional leader of the team, he is also the player who transmits the most confidence. He has been nicknamed by Comizzo as "The Sergio Ramos of Japan".

"My job is to inspire my teammates to believe in themselves. To win!"

RB KLUIVERTH AGUILAR: (Peruvian, age 19, 180 cm, 71 kg)
The Peruvian star, a transfer from Alianza Lima, Kluiverth Aguilar is the youngest player on the team and already representing his country in the national team at only 19 years of age. Strong, agile, a good passer and defender, Aguilar is a player with no weaknesses and tremendous upside, a player who the management hopes sticks around as much as possible.

"I have great dreams for my footballing career. Right now my dream is to help Gunma United win a title."

MGR ANGEL COMIZZO: (Argentinian, age 59 182 cm, 75 kg)
The former River Plate goalkeeper in the 90's, Manager Comizzo had an uneven managerial career filled with ups and downs before arriving in Japan. He has transformed Gunma United from an unknown, small, overlooked team who nobody gave two cents for, to J-League and AFC Champions League contenders in only two seasons. The Argentinian is now the hottest manager in Asia, requested everywhere, but is loyal to Gunma and commited to take the team as far as possible.

"These are the biggest, most important matches of my Managerial career. And yet, it's all for the fans. For the players."

DMF HIDEMASA MORITA: (Japanese, age 27, 177 cm, 75 kg)
Even though 27 is not necessarily considered a veteran in footballing terms, in this very young team, Hidemasa Morita has emerged as one of the veteran voices. A solid defensive midfielder who not only anchors the midfield but also has buildup capabilities with nice vision on the pitch and accurate passing, Morita is one of the leaders and most respected players on the team.
"You must remain calm in the most pressing moments. Only then will your best play emerge."

CMF
REI HIRAKAWA: (Japanese, age 22, 177 cm, 72 kg)
A multi-faceted midfielder, Rei Hirakawa has been recently promoted to the starting 11 by Comizzo. For most of the past seasons, Hirakawa has played a backup role to different midfielders, but now he is disputing the starting job with Peruvian José Inga. Comizzo has given Hirakawa the nod to start the quarterfinal match against Al-Hilal, and is eager to prove himself.
"I know this is my chance to prove my skills, and in the biggest possible stage. I know the world will be watching."

LW
KOHEI SHIGETA: (Japanese, age 23, 177 cm, 69 kg)
Shigeta has been a great signing for Gunma United. While he is not the traditionally speedy winger role, Shigeta has great instincts and has been able to score several important goals in his first United season. He is an intelligent, hole player with great dribbling and passing skills, who knows how to look for cracks in the defense and find chances to score. A skillful offensive midfielder/winger.
"I try not to pattern my playing style. I like unpredictability and opportunity."

RW GOICHI SOMEYA: (Japanese, age 24, 184 cm, 79 kg)
Gunma United's heartthrob, as well as one of the proponents of the "perfect hair" way along with Comizzo, Goichi Someya has turned heads (and stolen the hearts of thousands of Gunma teenage girls) with his flashy play and surfer/rocker style. Nicknamed "The Dragon", Someya is more than just flash and flying golden hair. He is the speedy winger who perfectly complements Shigeta and flies forward looking to score.

"Yeah, dude."

SS KAITO NAKAMURA: (Japanese, age 22, 180 cm, 75 kg)
Simply put, Kaito Nakamura is Gunma United's star. He is the team's best, most talented player. At the young age of 22, Nakamura has a bright present and even brighter future, and the sky is the limit for him. Blessed with amazing dribbling skills and good passing vision, Nakamura is a very dangerous threat on offense, as he can dribble his way into the defense, pass to the center forward or the wingers. But additionally, he has also proven to be a very good finisher, scoring several goals from many different positions and situations.
"I don't think of myself as a gifted player. I'm just a part of the entire idea of Professor Comizzo. I'm just glad I am able to contribute."

CF SAULO MINEIRO: (Brazilian, age 25, 180 cm, 74 kg)
The Brazilian has found new life in Gunma United. He was struggling a bit with Ceará, as he did not have much continuity in his native country. But Comizzo saw great talent in him, a skilled, clinical finisher who is great at beating defenders on and off the dribble. Saulo Mineiro has become one of the most popular players on the team, embracing Japanese culture and endearing himself to fans. He has found a home in Japan, and hopes to continue his prolific goalscoring and bring Gunma United the AFC Champions League title.
"Thank you Gunma for resurrecting my career.. Now, get ready for more Jogo Bonito! My goals are fueled by emotion."

1635227305970.png1635227352278.png1635227532428.pnggu.png

Last edited:
4-2-4 all the way mate!
I'm imagining that with the Brazilian flair of Caique @ LB, it is probably more 3-2-5 :LOL:

Love the quotes. The players are ambitious but also grounded.
"Yeah, dude" - I don't think Someya likes the media though. Or bad timing, they were just ruining his buzz :COOL:

🏆 THE LAST SECOND HERO 🏆

1635400603217.png

KAITO NAKAMURA'S LAST-SECOND HEROICS PROPEL GUNMA UNITED
TO THE AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMIFINAL!!!!

IN WHAT WAS PROBABLY MY MOST EXCITING MATCH EVER, Gunma United qualified for the AFC Champions League Semifinal with last-second heroics by Kaito Nakamura. My heart is still pumping even as I type this. In an amazingly exciting, last-second score, Gunma United's title dream remains alive.

The road was not easy. Not easy at all. I'm going to keep this post short and to the point because I want to keep things simple, maybe because I am still so excited about this win.

The first match was in Gunma United's stadium, a packed house, I mean seriously the crowd was absolutely into this. Not only was this the hottest ticket in the city, but perhaps the most important sporting event in Japan.

20211027233743_1.jpg20211027233912_1.jpg

The first match was classic Comizzo-Ball, at its best representation. 35% Possession!

It kind of reminded me of the classic Inter-Barcelona clash years ago in Europe. Al-Hilal LOVES possession football, tiki-taka tactics, and they were playing as such.

Yet, In ONE beautiful play by Hirakawa, a gorgeous through ball found Saulo Mineiro in minute 38. Remember that Hirakawa said that in his first Champions League start, he wanted to make an impression and prove that he belonged? He did this and way more, what a beautiful, amazing through ball! And our dear Brazilian striker with his trademark calm finish!

1635401477073.png1635401495865.png

We COUNTERED Al-Hilal's possession football beautifully in that first match. 1-0 Gunma United. Comizzo's tactics worked.

In the second match, in Saudi Arabia, Al Hilal came at us with all of their offensive firepower led by Andre Carrillo, the Peruvian star. They had so many opportunities throughout the match. In the first half, our Goalkeeper Osako was our most important player, with several crucial saves. Possession was waaaay in favor of Al-Hilal, yet their defense was much tighter, and were pressing Gunma United constantly and up the pitch. It seemed like they weren't letting us breathe. Only ONE shot attempt in the entire first half for United.

In the second half, Al Hilal's pressure broke through. Twice. A long range screamer by Ledesma in minute 53, followed by another score by Cuellar in minute 75.

Score, Al-Hilal 2, Gunma United 0 with 15 MINUTES TO GO.

It seemed like our dream was coming to an end. The pressure was intense, they weren't letting us attack, very few shot attempts yet in the second half. Al-Hilal was relentless.

1635401784590.png1635402086463.png

Until it happened.

THIS HAPPENED:

Minute 92:41. Last play of the match. Kaito Nakamura scores from a beautiful assist by late substitute Yuta Matsumura. The whistle blows....

GUNMA UNITED QUALIFIES TO THE SEMIFINALS OF THE AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!!!!

Bring it on, FC Tokyo !!!!!!!

20211028003736_1.jpg20211028003743_1.jpg20211028003754_1.jpg

Kaito Nakamura: "To score like this, in the last play of the match.. and qualify to the semifinals of the AFC Champions League.. It's a feeling that I cannot describe. It was the happiest moment of my life."

Angel Comizzo: "To think that now we are in the SEMIFINALS OF THE AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. It's more than any of you ever dreamed of. But we knew we could do it. And now we're going for the cup. To all my journalist doubters in South America, I can only say this: I hope you print this story in your papers. Front page. In Big Bold Letters. Because these players deserve to be recognized."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom