Microsoft Xbox

I am so much more impressed with what Microsoft have on offer than PS at the moment.
And it is very well done to make Starfield an Xbox exclusive.

They still won't win the generation, but Microsoft this generation is looking incredibly impressive.

The DX12 update is due around the same time the Xbox version is released.
The performance will most likely hit a slight hit on release along with a few other bugs, but then after a few patches will get better.

The main reason for DX12 is so that newer technologies can be used like RT and DLSS.

After reading a couple of other forums and comments, there was a release a while back with a tree update which improved performance by 20% + other improvements have been made over time.
So performance is no where near as bad as it was on initial release, when even the best cards were struggling with 4K.

I found the latest released roadmap here:- (I assume Sim Update V is DX12)

DR_hyt543.jpg

Thanks for this. I actually think the series S will run it as a mixture of medium-high settings. If its going to run a bit better than my rx570 which runs it at medium @30fps, I'm hoping this is achievable as it will be 30fps unless you have VRR
I should really give this a try again in my computer as I have a lot of hard drive space (I think I read they shrank the initial download size,dont know if also applies to the install size)
I want it for xbox because of the convenience of the console, although I don't have much space there

Last edited:
I am so much more impressed with what Microsoft have on offer than PS at the moment.
And it is very well done to make Starfield an Xbox exclusive.

They still won't win the generation, but Microsoft this generation is looking incredibly impressive.

Todd Howard on Starfield exclusivity: focusing on two platforms will make for a better product​

“But at the end of the day, your ability to focus and say, this is the game I want to make, these are the platforms I want to make it on, and being able to really lean in on those is going to make for a better product. By focusing on those platforms, you really get to lean in a lot on making it the best it can be for those systems.
“So we see it actually opening up more and more and more so that people’s ability to play our games...!
:THINK: ...but making it exklusive... :WHISTLE: ...makes me laugh a bit!
https://www.vg247.com/2021/06/16/starfield-pc-xbox-exclusive-focus-better-game/

I would be very interested to see how Flight Sim will run on a console, and no doubt Digital Foundry will do a comparison vs the PC.

But the stuttering in that video when they are showing off New York does not look good, but expect it to be much better optimised with patches after the first few months.

I would be very interested to see how Flight Sim will run on a console, and no doubt Digital Foundry will do a comparison vs the PC.

But the stuttering in that video when they are showing off New York does not look good, but expect it to be much better optimised with patches after the first few months.
I like the raw power of the XSX.
That said, Do you think it will mainly be 4K (nearly) Ultra at 30fps and 1080 Ultra at 60fps?! Something around those marks for XSX?

I like the raw power of the XSX.
That said, Do you think it will mainly be 4K (nearly) Ultra at 30fps and 1080 Ultra at 60fps?! Something around those marks for XSX?

I am not sure TBH, but here is my best guess.
There is no doubt it will be very well optimised for XSX, and I am sure Digital Foundry will do a comparison against the PC.

However looking at benchmarks for the game.
Even a 3090 struggles and can't even do 1080 Ultra @60FPS, and at 4K in Ultra settings gets an average of around 45 FPS.
DX12 after a few patches should be able to bring performance gains and increase FPS, but I think they are doing DX12 so that they can bring in RT and DLSS.

Looking at PC performance where the XBX is rumoured to stand as a PC equivalent, then that hits an average of around 23-28FPS in 4K Ultra.
So with a little optimisation then I think the XBX will probably run Ultra settings with maybe a couple of unnoticeable things turned off to hit 30FPS @4K.
Which is going to be a massive achievement given how much of a HIGH spec PC you need to run the game.

Also got to mention that this game is about staring at the absolute beauty of the scenario and first time you load it up and take off from somewhere like Gibraltar, it really will absolutely blow your mind how incredible it looks.
This game does not need 60FPS, as it isn't an FPS where the additional frames make a big difference - This game is all about beauty and TBH is the only truly next gen game I have seen.

Also got to mention that this game is about staring at the absolute beauty of the scenario and first time you load it up and take off from somewhere like Gibraltar, it really will absolutely blow your mind how incredible it looks.
This game does not need 60FPS, as it isn't an FPS where the additional frames make a big difference - This game is all about beauty and TBH is the only truly next gen game I have seen.

Quick question it seems an update to DX12 will be coming in July, would that improve performance noticeably ? Ive read both performance improved and it decreased since launch. Now I'm thinking I should just install on my pc, dont know how they will do with all the commands to use with an xbox controller. I know you can use kb+m, but still.... I do hope they can optimize loading times, even on my ssd back then it loaded in quite a while

I'm sticking to my guns with the performance with the Series S: 1080P 30fps, mostly high settings. crossing fingers.

it does and i'll have a look when its in game pass.
thing is, it doesnt catch me much anymore... i am ruined by the racing sims! :D

really... this is a thing... have a read here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/this-game-ruined-gt-sport-for-me.398738/
Different strokes for different folks. Its an arcade racer which I enjoy more than sim as i just kick back on the sofa with a controller. But I totally get you as you enjoy the wheel and stuff.
Good thing you can test out with GP though. Thats the beauty of the service

Different strokes for different folks. Its an arcade racer which I enjoy more than sim as i just kick back on the sofa with a controller. But I totally get you as you enjoy the wheel and stuff.
Good thing you can test out with GP though. Thats the beauty of the service
yea, i will give that a try once its out (FH5) and i will use my wheel setup. it probably wont be as spectecular as ACC (for example) but i'll have a look.
Forza, GT, NFS, Burnout... those have always been gamepad games for me. as you said, relaxing on the couch... crousing the streets...!
well, i drove GT4 with a T300RS back then... but i did not know how immersive real racing sims can be.

for 47 Euro, a year of GPU, wich i bought for MSFS2020 really is a good deal (FH5 in mind). but i'll probably stick to those games only... even when BF2042 is coming out... i'll be playing that on PS5 with my PS friends.
my gaming PC really is just for sims of any kind (exept that lawn mower game!!) :LOL:

Last edited:
I've been playing Oblivion for 15 years, on and off, and I still haven't finished it - but I keep going back to it so I can eventually get it done and "allow" myself to play Skyrim.

Every couple of years, I'm glad I've waited... :LOL:

I've been playing Oblivion for 15 years, on and off, and I still haven't finished it - but I keep going back to it so I can eventually get it done and "allow" myself to play Skyrim.

Every couple of years, I'm glad I've waited... :LOL:

:LOL:
yeah, this game is golden.
i wonder if that intro scene will be skipable this time... :D

https://www.theverge.com/2021/8/24/...integration-try-download-feature-holiday-2021

This is nice, I sometimes download games and don't like them. This can be a space saver (at least for me with a XSS) and a bandwidth saver, better to give them a whirl on the cloud first.

Not to mention if you have an older Xbox One (MSFS coming soon apparently to cloud), you can play Xbox Series optimized games.... Cool little perk!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom