Microsoft Windows 10

Some motherboards don't have an embedded TPM chip. Might wanna check yours. If not, you can buy one. Scalpers are already all over them.
What a mess. Glad Windows 10 is working nicely but I'm always in for the new stuff, that's why I wondered. Seems that my CPU doesn't have it, even though it's not old, whatever.

What a mess. Glad Windows 10 is working nicely but I'm always in for the new stuff, that's why I wondered. Seems that my CPU doesn't have it, even though it's not old, whatever.
People always find a way around stuff. Expect a non TPM version to be out online.

Windows 11 is coming anyway as an Update for Windows 10. As far as i can see it will come with slightly cosmetic Updates, slightly better Performance and with more SSD Speed. I will not Update now, I am waiting untill it comes with the Windows Update.
People with no TPM can stay on Windows 10.

Since, I joined the Windows 10 Insiders Fast Ring last week.
My PC has now upgraded to the new Windows 11 build.
Version 21H2 (OS Build 22000.51)

Not used it much but the most annoying thing at the moment, is moving the start menu is annoying.

Not used it much but the most annoying thing at the moment, is moving the start menu is annoying.

I saw the screenshots on the windows 11 promo pages and thought why the hell would they put that menu in the middle of the screen?

Yeah I believe it can be brought back to the left with some tinkering in Regedit (see here).

Surely there will be plenty of pre-made .reg files that do that for you come the release... But I don't know whether I'd trust/run a .reg file made by someone I don't know. I'd rather edit keys manually in Regedit or make the .reg myself for further use (for eaxample for using it on several machines).

Today I had make my PC on and now I have Windows 11.🤗😐🙃

First look after some minutes, it looks more nicer than win10.

Good evening fellas,
I have with my new PC (bought in summer '23) trouble with Win 11 updates since some weeks.
I have Win11 pro. And first time I had randomly seen that there is an update for it. But had an error code. Sadly can't remember which. But googled for it. Only help was posted somewhere to do a search with the antivirus software.
I have Kaspersky firewall and antivirus, and it was ok, nothing found everything was fine.

Then I had the weirdest thing I ever had in my around ~ 15 years of use a PC. I had the idea to look to the shut down/reboot option from windows. I knew this that there are informations about potential updates and that the reboot could be do a bit longer and do not shut down the PC. Ok everything clear to this point.
But there was nothing only the 3 options to log out, shut down or reboot the PC. I tried to reboot my PC. And he did it and tells me that he made an update.

But the update took exsatcly one hour. And this workaround works for two weeks or so. And every time I made an reboot it took exsactly one hour.
Now I had the Win11 23H2 update whit an errorcode. If I remeber right it was something around 0x0050008 or 0x5008000. Now since 20 minutes and it stays at 0% (EDIT: also yet it is at 0%) it downloaded the update once I reboot my PC again, and again one hour it tooks.

I have 100M/bits download dsl and a WD Black 1TB PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280 SSD.

Can somebody help me please? Is this a bug with win11 or a hardware problem? I didn't found a solution for this and came to an end with my PC knowledge.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom