Messi is not renewing his Barcelona contract

Woah, Can't believe you just said that. Specially you, Rock.

All Messi wants is to win another Champions League and the World Cup.
He's wanted Barcelona to build a strong team for years now (since the debacle against Rome, then Liverpool, then Bayern).

Last year he was presented with offers from Manchester City and PSG. I think he would have chosen Manchester City back then, but that's just my opinion. And Barcelona didn't let him get out. This year he was happy to stay at Barcelona because the team was looking better.

But I just love it when people counts other people's pockets and think they know better. "Oh he's rich, why doesn't he play for free in a lower league team?". That's not the mentality. He had already agreed to take a 50% salary cut. The best player in the world and arguably the best ever. I would love to know if any other player in history, among those considered GOATs would have agreed to reduce their salary that much.

And from what I've heard now, only two clubs could have been able to sign him: Chelsea and PSG. He chose PSG because of his friendship with Di Maria, Paredes and Neymar. And because living in London wasn't so appealing for him because of his 3 little kids and wife.
Thinking of what that club/state/country represents.
And playing for free?
That's not what I meant ,I'd bet he could play for a lot of money elsewhere?
City/utd/Liverpool/Chelsea/Bayern/Juve/ etc.
It's what he is ,an icon , he's the greatest player playing now ,and now he represents Qatar and all their pr machinery
That's my take on "greedy" and "idiot".
I like Messi ,really loved him at Barca ,that's why I react the way I do.

He could have gone pretty much anywhere?? Brother, let's analyse shall we....

Premier League-
Man City : Just spent 100+ million on Grealish & chasing Kane - so not possible
Chelsea : Just spent 120 million on Lukaku, so not possible
Man Utd : Spent 80 mil on Sancho and 50 mil on Varane, not possible
Liverpool : Does not suit playing style, transfer will make no sense
Tottenham/Arsenal : FORGET IT.

Serie A-
All clubs are broke. Juve can barely afford Ronaldo, Inter are selling Star Players just to keep the club afloat and AC Milan are just starting to recover from the painful 6-7 years.

La Liga-
Real Madrid : Broke + He's not Figo
Atletico : Does not suit playing style + transfer will make 0 sense

Bundesliga-
Bayern - Not in their philosophy to sign Mega Stars + they aren't interested anyway

And thats leaves us only with one option, Ligue 1 and we all know the Club that can afford him + can offer him the best sporting project.

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but please think before you start calling names and abusing one of the greatest players of our generation. It's like you started following football yesterday.

He was willing to extend, he said so himself and the Press Conference. Now the argument is that he is rich beyond compare so why cant he play for free or minimum wage? The situation at Barcelona is so bad, that they are struggling to resgister Depay, Aguero and the new signings. Even if Messi playing for free, it still wouldnt matter as Barcelona would be 20% above their wage cap anyways without him.

I feel everyone is extremely uninformed here, please read up on some facts as to why all this happened.
Free transfer right?

£1m a week according to some reports.
So that works out at £10m a competitive game.

Should of gone MLS, it would been more competitive.

Thought he wouldn’t wanted one last challenge, rather than one last big pay day.

Nothing else to say really except MERCINERY.

He'll play in the MLS. He even hinted about that himself in an interview.
3 or 4 years from now. You can mark my words.

Thinking of what that club/state/country represents.
And playing for free?
That's not what I meant ,I'd bet he could play for a lot of money elsewhere?
City/utd/Liverpool/Chelsea/Bayern/Juve/ etc.
It's what he is ,an icon , he's the greatest player playing now ,and now he represents Qatar and all their pr machinery
That's my take on "greedy" and "idiot".
I like Messi ,really loved him at Barca ,that's why I react the way I do.

He chose PSG mainly because he's got really close friends there: Di Maria (they've been friends since they were 18 years old), Paredes (they because very good friends the past 3 years and recently won the Copa America together), Neymar (they've loved each other since Neymar went to Barcelona) and because PSG have always wanted him. And he chose PSG because they have a strong team now, he wants to win another Champions League before he retires.
And also because there have been rumours about PSG contacting Messi for as long as I can remember. Even when Pep Guardiola was still at Barcelona. Even before Neymar went to PSG.

Messi has a family now. He is a family guy. He can't just decide for himself.
Living in London or Manchester wasn't attractive to his family, mainly because of the weather and the loneliness they would have faced there.
In Paris, their lifestyle will be a lot closer to what they had at Barcelona, and they've got families they're close to living there as well.

He chose PSG mainly because he's got really close friends there: Di Maria (they've been friends since they were 18 years old), Paredes (they because very good friends the past 3 years and recently won the Copa America together), Neymar (they've loved each other since Neymar went to Barcelona) and because PSG have always wanted him. They've been rumours about PSG contacting Messi for as long as I can remember. Even when Pep Guardiola was still at Barcelona. Even before Neymar went to PSG.

Messi has a family now. He is a family guy. He can't just decide for himself.
Living in London or Manchester wasn't attractive to his family, mainly because of the weather and the loneliness they would have faced there.
In Paris, their lifestyle will be a lot closer to what they had at Barcelona, and they've got families they're close to living there as well.
All good and valid points ,and understandably so.
Still pissed off that he'd chosen that club chuny ,and what it represents.
And very disappointed.

All good and valid points ,and understandably so.
Still pissed off that he'd chosen that club chuny ,and what it represents.
And very disappointed.

I didn't want him to play for PSG either mate. Ligue 1 sucks. Sorry if any of you are French! It's nothing personal.
I wanted him to go to the Premier League. But everything was so last minute, it made everything harder.

Manchester City signing Grealish pretty much the same day Barcelona made the announcement... crazy!

It also makes me sad for poor Kun Aguero :(

Any of you watching what's happening in Paris right now?
I've never seen anything like that.

I didn't want him to play for PSG either mate. Ligue 1 sucks. Sorry if any of you are French! It's nothing personal.
I wanted him to go to the Premier League. But everything was so last minute, it made everything harder.

Manchester City signing Grealish pretty much the same day Barcelona made the announcement.
Still think City could have taken Messi (on a free transfer?).
Shirt sales in Asia/middle East alone would probably make that a + deal for City.

But me as a non player , choosing between Manchester or Paris as my hometown for a year or two,I get that!
Still makes it shitty (pun intended) no matter what

Still think City could have taken Messi (on a free transfer?).
Shirt sales in Asia/middle East alone would probably make that a + deal for City.

But me as a non player , choosing between Manchester or Paris as my hometown for a year or two,I get that!
Still makes it shitty (pun intended) no matter what

Yeah... De Bruyne and Messi playing together would have been a real pleasure.

Free transfer right?
So you expect him to play for free as well?

Listen, I know why you are so frustrated, I hate PSG to the Core, the philisophy of throwing money at the problem , the Sheikhs and the overall idea of Foreign ownership drives me crazy, but me and you can't do anything about it, I'm just glad Man City or PSG havent won the Champions League yet, but with the way football is evolving, it's only a matter of time that they do. This just makes me wonder about the sorry state of football recently with the Super League and more. I just wish we could go back to the days where Porto won the CL, Deportivo Coruna were competing in the UCL and football was so unpredictable.

Just feel that blaming individual players is wrong, it's their careers they can do what they want (Although after this, I hope PSG fail miserably, because I will always love my Barça but that's a slim chance)

Listen, I know why you are so frustrated, I hate PSG to the Core, the philisophy of throwing money at the problem , the Sheikhs and the overall idea of Foreign ownership drives me crazy, but me and you can't do anything about it, I'm just glad Man City or PSG havent won the Champions League yet, but with the way football is evolving, it's only a matter of time that they do. This just makes me wonder about the sorry state of football recently with the Super League and more. I just wish we could go back to the days where Porto won the CL, Deportivo Coruna were competing in the UCL and football was so unpredictable.

Just feel that blaming individual players is wrong, it's their careers they can do what they want (Although after this, I hope PSG fail miserably, because I will always love my Barça but that's a slim chance)

Barcelona have a history of mistreating their legends and they almost always leave the club miserably.
Maradona, Figo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Messi.
And I'm sure I'm forgetting some more.

Probably get his wage covered with shirt sales though ,and make a profit.
Lex Beckham and RM.

And yeah ,you're right it's fucking anger Vs me even football and seeing him in that jersey , although I use to love PSG's old crowd (the one they kicked out) and their tifos/atmosphere etc.
And obviously ,it's his career ,his decision ,just wished it wasn't that shit country (not France) he represented.

True on City ,first time I actually had my fingers crossed for Chelsea earlier this year in the CL final ,weird!

Barcelona have a history of mistreating their legends and they almost always leave the club miserably.
Maradona, Figo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Messi.
And I'm sure I'm forgetting some more.
Figo, the less said about that guy the better, the club did not do anything to mistreat him.

Ronaldinho had lost his focus (too much partying), I can't see why anyone can blame the Club.

Ronaldo, they had received then world record transfer offer from Inter, somewhere around 20 million in '97 so I cannot fault Barca for that.

Messi wasn't mistreated, at least not by Laporta and the club, they tried to continue, but Barto's mess is just so much that it forced them to do this, neither club nor player wanted to. The very reason Laporta won the election was because he said Messi's renewal was his top priority, just goes to show how much people in Barcelona love Messi.

I can't comment on Maradona's case, from what I know the club and the player had a fallout of sorts.

If one compares us to Real, I feel proud of Barça because I felt bad for the likes of Raul, Casillas, Ramos, they were just left as if they had done nothing for the club, especially Casillas. To this day I feel bad how a great career like his had such a sad miserable ending and how no one was present to even send him off during the farewell Press Conference.

I'm the only one who don't like Messi with his hundreds of cash millions? :THINK:

What a greedy fucking idiot
Id say smart, not greedy. And I would do the same. He's mid 30s, very close to finishing his career. Why the fuck would you go to england, or italy, where everyones mission would be to batter you and prove that they are better?
Why not take it easy, just before exiting the scene? He can still compete in champions league, close to home, why the hell would you not take this option?
What he has to prove? Nothing.
He might as well chill in psg, fill his pockets and call it quits.
I honestly dont see any reason why would he choose the hard way here.

Good man, Leo. All your life you were working your bollox off, from the beginning. You've proven enough.
Now its time to chill and open a good bottle of whiskey.

Id say smart, not greedy. And I would do the same. He's mid 30s, very close to finishing his career. Why the fuck would you go to england, or italy, where everyones mission would be to batter you and prove that they are better?
Why not take it easy, just before exiting the scene? He can still compete in champions league, close to home, why the hell would you not take this option?
What he has to prove? Nothing.
He might as well chill in psg, fill his pockets and call it quits.
I honestly dont see any reason why would he choose the hard way here.

Good man, Leo. All your life you were working your bollox off, from the beginning. You've proven enough.
Now its time to chill and open a good bottle of whiskey.
Filling his pocket with slave/blood money ,yeah that's amazing!
Bet he'll whitewash that in 5-10 years.
Don't expect you to agree ,that's just my take on it ,we see things differently i guess.

Bet he'll whitewash that in 5-10 years.
Don't expect you to agree ,that's just my take on it ,we see things differently i guess.

Yes my friend, in a perfect world Leo would refuse to sign for such a corrupt team. Everyone would boycott all the shady FIFA World Cups (c) TM. People would one day wake up & realize material possesions are a lie & we need to protect mother earth!

Maybe one day mate :BEER:

Yes my friend, in a perfect world Leo would refuse to sign for such a corrupt team. Everyone would boycott all the shady FIFA World Cups (c) TM. People would one day wake up & realize material possesions are a lie & we need to protect mother earth!

Maybe one day mate :BEER:
Fingers crossed👍

And yet you follow italian football, where half of the teams are run by mafia..
Man, seriously, I dont think there's a place on earth where huge money does not involve shady deals.
And he is just a bloke who wants to finish his career the easy way. Nothing wrong with that.

If PSG and Barcelona meet in Champions League this season though....

1628630424361.png

The ratings of that game will be of epic proportions.
I can already imagine Messi sending Pique and Busquets to their long overdue retirement.

I am totally fine with ligue1 sucks (even though it fills all the big leagues with young talented players), but to say France is a horrible country is really harsh.

On the topic, I am really disappointed about Messi decision to go to PSG because I hate what that club in modern times represents (I already hated them before for others reasons), but is Man City economical model that different from PSG?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom