Manchester United Thread

Supposedly the Yoro deal is done and an announcement is expected within 24 hours from United.

Rabiot is a player that United have had interest in for some time so it’s a possibility that they may pull the trigger on him this time around. We shall wait and see for this one.

Yoro and De Ligt look like a legit Center Back tandem (even if Yoro is only 18).. I am more familiar with De Ligt due to the Euros and Bayern, but definitely looks like great signings for this United (who had a very bad defensive performance last season)! Hopefully Zirzkee will be able to explode in the Premier League as well. :)

Article_Header_LY1721327776572_medium.jpg

Official!

https://www.manutd.com/en/amp/news/detail/transfer-news-leny-yoro-joins-man-utd-from-lille

Busy busy… Ugarte agrees to personal terms with United. So now both De Ligt and Ugarte have agreed personal terms with us. I don’t expect we will buy them both having just signed Yoro but you never know. Even if we sign one of these players, that’s going to make for a solid defence/defensive mid. Since we’ve got Martinez at the club there’s going to be decent competition in those positions. Plus, Martinez seems to be injury prone so ideally we will land them both.

Last edited:
Still think the motion to sell McTominay is daft.

In a good side that boy can be a quality utility man off the bench. Need that during a transition phase more than bloody Mason Mount!

Still think the motion to sell McTominay is daft.

In a good side that boy can be a quality utility man off the bench. Need that during a transition phase more than bloody Mason Mount!

I’m inclined to agree about Mctominay. He’s obviously proved he’s an impact player when comes on as sub and he’s a goal threat. The problem is that we have to adhere to fair play rules so we’ve got to sell some players.
For me the jury is still out on Mount. He’s barely played all season. He will be judged on this season. Let’s see if he can break into the team.
Exciting stuff in the transfer market though and for once we’re not over paying for players (probably buy someone for 200m now I’ve said that)

In the midst of watching Rangers vs United pre-season. I know it’s a friendly but we’re playing some really good football. Yoro has been playing very well and sent a magnificent long range pass to the flank earlier. Amad is causing them all sorts of problems. Quite entertaining for a friendly.
Half time Rangers 0 - 1 Man Utd

Edit:

2nd half was a dull affair. Hugill smashed the ball in the back of the net to make it 2 but nothing really stood out in the 2nd half.

Rangers 0 - 2 Man Utd

Last edited:
In the midst of watching Rangers vs United pre-season. I know it’s a friendly but we’re playing some really good football. Yoro has been playing very well and sent a magnificent long range pass to the flank earlier. Amad is causing them all sorts of problems. Quite entertaining for a friendly.
Half time Rangers 0 - 1 Man Utd

Edit:

2nd half was a dull affair. Hugill smashed the ball in the back of the net to make it 2 but nothing really stood out in the 2nd half.

Rangers 0 - 2 Man Utd

The "magnificent long rage pass to the flank" was a pretty standard pass into a mile of open space, nothing against you but I find these comments show how far our standards have fallen as United fans.

The "magnificent long rage pass to the flank" was a pretty standard pass into a mile of open space, nothing against you but I find these comments show how far our standards have fallen as United fans.

1min 07

Nothing against you but you don’t know what you’re talking about

1min 07

Nothing against you but you don’t know what you’re talking about
Well if you've got Best, Cantona, Beckham and Ronaldo in your bio then you should know what I'm talking about. Did you grow up watching the football we used to play? If so, then that's a standard pass. In any top side no one gets excited about that and it doesn't stand out. I'm not saying it's not good to see, but just calm down.

Well if you've got Best, Cantona, Beckham and Ronaldo in your bio then you should know what I'm talking about. Did you grow up watching the football we used to play? If so, then that's a standard pass. In any top side no one gets excited about that and it doesn't stand out. I'm not saying it's not good to see, but just calm down.
Do you think any Utd fan isn’t aware that we haven’t been as good as we used to be? It’s been like this for over a decade, you’re eluding to nothing new here.
It was a magnificent pass. Just because my wording wasn’t suitable for you doesn’t make it any less of a pass.
Edit: I’ll say whatever I like about things. I’ll be calm or not calm.

Last edited:
There’s talk of PSG making a double deal for Sancho and Bruno.
Should Bruno Fernandes leave for PSG I’d expect us to make a move for Dani Olmo. I know there’s keen interest from Liverpool and Man City but if we can gazump Real Madrid for Yoro then we could pull off the Olmo transfer. That would be a real coup.

Back
Top Bottom