Manchester United Thread

United must think about the whole squad right now even if the coach will stay or not these players can be the future of CL for united.

Last edited:

Ten Hag comes out swinging! Very interesting and defiant press conference after the FA Cup win.
This entire United saga is getting more and more interesting by the minute! :LOL:

"“I am in a project and we are exactly where we want to be, we are constructing a team for the future. When I took over we were in a mess."
" If they don’t want me, then I go somewhere else to win trophies because that is what I do.”"
“we are exactly where we want to be”, it was suggested that the injury crisis did not excuse United finishing eighth and ending with a negative goal difference. “When you make it like this you don’t have any knowledge about managing a football team,” Ten Hag replied. “If that is the opinion I will go anywhere else. I will stay winning trophies.”

Last edited:
@MFZ69 All possible signings except Kvaratskhelia. Apparently Napoli are trying to add a release clause to his contract which I’m guessing will be similar to Osimhen release clause. Around 150m. Even if they did accept an offer for Kvaratskhelia it’s going to cost at least 100m. We’ve previously spent stupid money on players and they haven’t delivered. I don’t think big spending will be the ethos of the club going forward however I could be wrong. Our best players have been players that have come from our academy so I’d personally like to see a few more youths break into the team rather than big spending.

@millossobek Yeah I saw that yesterday. He was defiant but very vague in his answers. I don’t know how I feel about him really. I’ve always said I like Ten Hag but 8th isn’t acceptable despite winning the FA Cup. I don’t think Manchester United should be rewarding Ten Hag by keeping him on for another season after finishing 8th. If they did the message to the world would be “we accept mediocrity”

@MFZ69 All possible signings except Kvaratskhelia. Apparently Napoli are trying to add a release clause to his contract which I’m guessing will be similar to Osimhen release clause. Around 150m. Even if they did accept an offer for Kvaratskhelia it’s going to cost at least 100m. We’ve previously spent stupid money on players and they haven’t delivered. I don’t think big spending will be the ethos of the club going forward however I could be wrong. Our best players have been players that have come from our academy so I’d personally like to see a few more youths break into the team rather than big spending.

@millossobek Yeah I saw that yesterday. He was defiant but very vague in his answers. I don’t know how I feel about him really. I’ve always said I like Ten Hag but 8th isn’t acceptable despite winning the FA Cup. I don’t think Manchester United should be rewarding Ten Hag by keeping him on for another season after finishing 8th. If they did the message to the world would be “we accept mediocrity”
You are right but from now as hints for maximum 2 more years with his team (it will still 2/1 year on his contract) considering our stars at midfield future situations it will the best to be in communication with him .

You are right but from now as hints for maximum 2 more years with his team (it will still 2/1 year on his contract) considering our stars at midfield future situations it will the best to be in communication with him .

Well a player of that calibre would instantly improve any team. I’m just glad Martial is finally going. That guy has been taking a pay cheque and doing absolutely nothing for his entire career.

Well a player of that calibre would instantly improve any team. I’m just glad Martial is finally going. That guy has been taking a pay cheque and doing absolutely nothing for his entire career.
Martial is a good player maybe it is just the premier league playing 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 will be the same there if you are CF from his type even Rashford it is not that much as a CF only even Mbappe i don't think it can go well for him playing CF too for ex in PL ..
the only way to adapt is in 2 Cfs formations for all of them.

Martial is a good player maybe it is just the premier league playing 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 will be the same there if you are CF from his type even Rashford it is not that much as a CF only even Mbappe i don't think it can go well for him playing CF too for ex in PL ..
the only way to adapt is in 2 Cfs formations for all of them.
Good players adapt period.
What has martial done his entire career at Manchester United? Absolutely nothing. He was billed as the next Thierry Henry when we bought it him. What a joke.
He’s been taking 250k a week since 2019!!! The fact that Utd gave him this contract is ludicrous.
I’ve been wanting him out of the club since about 2018 and now finally it’s a long overdue reality. Good riddance Martial you useless pile of garbage.

Good players adapt period.
What has martial done his entire career at Manchester United? Absolutely nothing. He was billed as the next Thierry Henry when we bought it him. What a joke.
He’s been taking 250k a week since 2019!!! The fact that Utd gave him this contract is ludicrous.
I’ve been wanting him out of the club since about 2018 and now finally it’s a long overdue reality. Good riddance Martial you useless pile of garbage.
He was playing current football well just he came from Monaco not that much big team and the whole league lean more on idividuals not like Premier League that you need to be more wise and team player when he came to Man UTD ppl waited for him to shine when its already the reason to exist there they thought that he is a goal machine when only he is humble and a player with place who can finish an attack .
I dont think that he deserve the hate more than a better read for his carrier that it will tell ofc he could be out of team not formation years ago.

He was playing current football well just he came from Monaco not that much big team and the whole league lean more on idividuals not like Premier League that you need to be more wise and team player when he came to Man UTD ppl waited for him to shine when its already the reason to exist there they thought that he is a goal machine when only he is humble and a player with place who can finish an attack .
I dont think that he deserve the hate more than a better read for his carrier that it will tell ofc he could be out of team not formation years ago.

He had an amazing debut for Utd then he did NOTHING for the rest of his career

So Tuchel is out of the running for Manchester United manager. Supposedly he had a lengthy meeting with Ratcliffe in Monaco. Tuchel wanted to sign Rudiger from Real Madrid and Ratcliffe refused. A wise decision from Ratcliffe since he’s 31 and reports suggest Rudiger would want a massive wage. A 31 year old on a massive wage is exactly what we don’t need.

NEXT

View attachment 284327

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...manchester-united-manager-after-season-review

Seems like Ten Hag is staying after all..
I will leave the reaction and analysis to you guys first.
Yeah and apparently they are in talks to extend his contract further. I don’t know whether it’s because we’re out of options or because they believe he’s the man to take us forward but it seems Ten Hag has managed to convince the board he’s going to deliver success. I’m personally not too happy about someone who guided the club to 8th in the league keeping his job but I guess the FA cup triumph over city was enough for the board. I hope he can deliver consistently in 24/25.

I would imagine that if he has a similar start and league position to last season, he'll be sacked by Xmas
I’m unsure with any potential decisions the club are going to make. I still don’t understand 8th being considered acceptable and I’m shocked he’s kept his job. Having said that, I hope it’s the right decision because I do like the guy as a person and hope Ten Hag goes on to bring us success. Realistically I’d imagine the goal will be for us to finish with champions league qualification and then build from there.

Apparently Zirkzee is linked. 11 goals last season 🤷‍♂️

I don't think people forget it tbh, lol. FA Cup really saved his ass but still even he lost that cup i still think united should give him one last chance. But he need to stay out from transfer market cause most of his signings are underperform

I don't think people forget it tbh, lol. FA Cup really saved his ass but still even he lost that cup i still think united should give him one last chance. But he need to stay out from transfer market cause most of his signings are underperform

According to sources Ten Hag is making contract demands, one of which is that he has a say in transfers. I think he knows we’re struggling to find a good replacement and I truly believe that’s why he’s still got his job. I think this because Ratcliffe previously had a meeting with Tuchel in Monaco. If you always intend to keep your current manager you don’t go and have a meeting with Tuchel. Southgate won’t negotiate with anyone until after the Euros, Kieran McKenna signed a new contract with Ipswich and Pochettino is believed to be wanting time off. This is the real reason he will keep Ten Hag.

I think this because Ratcliffe previously had a meeting with Tuchel in Monaco. If you always intend to keep your current manager you don’t go and have a meeting with Tuchel
I listened to the Athletic podcast, and David Ornstein (who I consider pretty reputable) was saying that they kind of decided Tuchel wasn't the best fit. The meeting was more Tuchel trying to convince Ratcliffe that he would be...see link below.

I listened to the Athletic podcast, and David Ornstein (who I consider pretty reputable) was saying that they kind of decided Tuchel wasn't the best fit. The meeting was more Tuchel trying to convince Ratcliffe that he would be...see link below.

Ok but if they intended to keep Ten Hag then they would have never set up a meeting with Tuchel in the first place. Which says to me that Ten Hag is a secondary choice because they haven’t found anyone suitable. That’s the reason Ten Hag has kept his job, not because of a FA cup win.

He’s still second choice because they’ve clearly looked for a replacement, not found one and then after that they’ve gone to Ten Hag to renew his contract. If that’s not second choice I don’t know what is. They are making do with Ten Hag because they haven’t found someone suitable. Spin it anyway you want but it’s pretty straight forward.

First, 2nd, 3rd choice it dont matter if the board & mainly the fans dont even have a patience and want the manager to be sacked every 2 years. Rinse & repeat.

We don’t want the manager to be sacked every two years but when the club finish 8th that is a MAJOR cause for concern.
Patience you say? It’s been over a decade since we’ve won the league. It’s absolutely unacceptable so don’t talk about our fans patience please.

If your greatest coach tell you to stand by your manager then do it. It don't matter the position 4th, 6th, 8th. Give them chance atleast 3 or 4 years. It's good to know ferguson was appointed in 1980s if he was in late 2010s to now, oh boy he'll be sacked after 2 seasons.

If there's no-one they deem suitable, he's not really a second choice though is he? They're probably considering the compensation side of things as well

I agree

Let's see some free agent managers option

-Tuchel is a mess. He couldn't do shit with bayern, what can he do with current united squad, lol. The league in 22/23 were mostly nagelsmann dirty work. His ligue 1 19/20 is awarded thanks to covid. Sure there's 12 points lead but there's still atleast 10 matches left, anything can happened between it.
-Allegri, Past way his prime. He's different side on same coin with ten hag. Play some horrendous football. If United chose this guy, prepare for some terrorist ball, lol
-Poch, good manager could maximize young talent but don't have "it" factor to win the league.

Now the real question is could these 3 managers fix current united situation in less than 3 years ? Do the fans & the board have good enough patience ?

Back
Top Bottom