MAFIA 1 REMAKE

You think it’s downgraded now?
I don't know but I thinks so. If I look at the screenshots on first page, I see some different graphics.

But I'm not suprised. We life in 2020 so the publisher making big big big promises for nothing... What I want to say they are not the first one, if it's a downgrade.

I'm not sure if I get it.

Pro: I have a 10€ voucher for epic store. And a very good story, but I miss Paulie!

Con: read my other comments in this thread. If you understand my little poor english. :D

I finished the original last weekend
So can do a direct comparison between the two and TBH the original is superb, even today.
Yes some elements have not aged too well, but the gun battles are still pretty decent.

But most of all the game is difficult, I died so many times trying to complete each level.

I am hoping the remake, is half as good as the original.

I finished the original last weekend
So can do a direct comparison between the two and TBH the original is superb, even today.
Yes some elements have not aged too well, but the gun battles are still pretty decent.

But most of all the game is difficult, I died so many times trying to complete each level.

I am hoping the remake, is half as good as the original.
Yes. I liked that it wasn’t an open world that big and crowded (distractions) and that the story pretty much pulls you through. The story...!! 😍
I had some fun finishing this a couple of weeks ago.

A long free weekend I can’t wait to dive into the Mafia world once more!! but you know, i'm just a regular cab driver... :D

Last edited:
35 Euro disc spinning in my drive. :)
The patch is downloading. :)
21 minutes the info states...

One last zig (smoking is unhealthy!) and a cup of coffee.

:CALM:

edit: I choose to play this in classic difficulty mode for old times sake!

Last edited:
I... I ... could not resist. Shame on me!
:shiver::BLUSH::EMB:

One game more in my library and 29,99€ lower budget.

The Graphics seems not downgraded on PC with High settings. But I don't know what was this with the gameplay trailer that I posted. But anyway...

And on steam the reviews are also good. But I play not so long now, one hour or so.

Attempted to play the game today..

Turned it off and will wait for mods.
The amount of UI parts on screen and hand holding ruined it for me.

Edit:-
Tried a couple more missions.
The UI is really off putting.

Some of the new dialogue is improved over the original, but miss the parts where Tommy talks to himself.
Other things I noticed, driving has been made a bit more casual friendly than the original and it is now much easier to drive that cars than the original.

Graphically it looks very good, especially in 4k.

When mods arrive to turn off all the hand holding will go through it and complete it.

Last edited:
Can't you turn it off anyway.

You can turn some of the hints and tips off, but not everything.
I am playing on Classic skill level and tutorials off, but it still has markers all the time.

I have now completed the level Saints and Sinners and not that far into the game.
They have now changed a few small elements of the game, I don't want to say too much.

But the decisions they made to change the level Saints and Sinners doesn't sit with me, it was a massive part of the story in the original Mafia that it was Tommy's choice to save the whore, and was a big story element to show Tommy wasn't like the rest and actually had a heart.
This was a very bizarre change to how you feel about Tommy as a character and hope it plays out for the better in the end.

Deciding whether to replay the original version first.

I replayed the original first, and after doing a few missions the story is being edged out a little in the remake.
There are added scenes in the remake.

The remake is certainly more designed for the newer gamer.
Loads of UI stuff on the screen, driving is much more simplified and easier.
The levels have a lot more guys to shoot, the driving parts from the original have been toned down to be shorter.

The map has changed slightly for the better, Salieries Bar is in a slightly better location. And extra roads have been added so you don't drive through parks and stuff.

Overall the remake isn't bad, it brings the classic story to new gamers who never played it twenty years ago.

Just the onscreen hints are just too much for me, it tells you where even street cops are..
Plus a big yellow square all over the place and a white dot for things of interest.
The other annoying thing is, I loved in the original you had to visit Luca to get all the best cars, in the remake you have a garage, which has 2 amazing cars from the start.

-----------

I know, I am writing a lot of negatives about the game.. But I am enjoying it.. It just so far isn't as good as the original.

One of the good things about being old is the ability not to remember any of it, apart from that bloody race. Still enjoying it though, I got the trilogy but not sure I'll bother with 3 I never enjoyed it the first time.

Reactions: OPM
Mods are now starting to appear.

Ultra realistic shooting
A reshade which massively improves the visuals IMO

And a fun one which allows you to play as Vito and Joe.

Back
Top Bottom