MAFIA 1 REMAKE

The original Mafia is one of my favourite games of all time.
It was a realistic GTA, and for that I absolutely loved it.

Very slow at the beginning but just got better and better as the game went on, except maybe the final couple of missions.
But it was the very small realistic things I loved...
You only broke the law if the police saw you do it, including driving offences.
You could only steal cars if you had been shown in the game how to do it.
The music was also amazing at the time.

I am really looking forward to it, but on the other hand being a bit sceptical as I really hope they keep the feel of the original game which at the time had great mechanics and a very good feel to it - Better than GTA IMO.

It's not just a Mafia 1 remake it's all 3 together, 1 and 2 were remade.

Mafia 1 and 2 are incredible games made by the fantastic studio Illusion Softworks who made some of my all time favourite games including Vietcong and Hidden and Dangerous, and then there's Mafia 3.

It's not just a Mafia 1 remake it's all 3 together, 1 and 2 were remade.

Mafia 1 and 2 are incredible games made by the fantastic studio Illusion Softworks who made some of my all time favourite games including Vietcong and Hidden and Dangerous, and then there's Mafia 3.

I read Mafia 2 is just a remaster and not a full on remake like Mafia 1.
Mafia 2 is just going to have updated textures and visuals.

I regret never playing Mafia 1. My first was Mafia 2 and i loved it, Probably because it's to different to GTA tonally and also because it's not a true sandbox, It's linearity really helps the pacing not to mention the diversity in the missions as well as a great story.

Sure Mafia 1 remastered looks great, I just hope it's not as boring as Mafia III. I really enjoyed and wanted to appreciate the story of that game but it suffers from the same problem all AAA open world games suffer from - Massive barren landscapes with nothing interesting to do in it, Ton's of needless micro-management and awful, Confusing pause menu's.

Maybe i just don't have the patience or maybe current gen games all follow this same formula now that makes them very tedious to play but i couldn't finish this nor God of War. Everyone else seems to love them but i don't think they're for me anymore. I hope Mafia 1 retains it's simpler roots rather than pads it out with all the bloat of 3.

My body is ready.

Mafia I is one of the greatest games of all time.

Sounds like August for Mafia I and potentially next week for Mafia II.

Last edited:
Mafia II remaster is a joke, game look same or worse than II itself. Good that different team works on Mafia1 remake.

All three games will be available to purchase individually.

The Definitive Editions of Mafia 2 and 3 cost £24.99 apiece and release today, May 19th, on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
The uber-enhanced Mafia: Definitive Edition, meanwhile, arrives on 28th August and costs £34.99.

Alternatively, you might want to opt for the Mafia: Trilogy Bundle, giving access to all three titles as they release. This launches today digitally and costs £49.99, and a physical Xbox One and PlayStation 4 version arrives on 28th August for £54.99.

Steam Link:-

Last edited:
I have just noticed on my Steam account, I have been given the Mafia 2 and 3 Definitive Editions for free.

So it is worth checking if you have purchased Mafia 2 & 3 previously in the past.

It is a massive 44GB on PC, which is 37GB larger than the *Classic* version.

Mafia 1 was one of the best games I'd played at that point I think. Good story, tough but fair I seem to recall and took a while to finish. The driving around was fun too. Shooting up the town with a Tommy gun whilst dancing to the Charleston. What's not to like?

Mafia II remaster is a joke, game look same or worse than II itself. Good that different team works on Mafia1 remake.
In fairness Mafia II looks great already and doesn't really need much remastering. If anything it's great for making it accesible to a new generation by bundling the trilogy together.

Mafia 1 clearly looks like it's a remake from the ground up though.
Never played Mafia 1, absolutely loved Mafia 2,one of the best in that genre.
Mafia 3 has a great storyline,poor and repetitive gameplay though.

I'm getting the first two one's for sure
I'm of the exact same opinion as you mate. Never played Mafia 1 so i'm very excited about that as long as they leave out all the obnoxious gameplay bloat that was in Mafia III.

And Mafia II was a masterclass in diverse gameplay, Great pacing and an engaging story.

I have just noticed on my Steam account, I have been given the Mafia 2 and 3 Definitive Editions for free.

So it is worth checking if you have purchased Mafia 2 & 3 previously in the past.

It is a massive 44GB on PC, which is 37GB larger than the *Classic* version.
Nice one, got Mafia II Definitive Edition upgrade as well.

Seems like everyone gets an upgrade who have Mafia II activated or will active.
I still have a key to sell for Mafia II.

I don´t know if it´s allowed to post bid it here, but if you need one just contact me.

In fairness Mafia II looks great already and doesn't really need much remastering. If anything it's great for making it accesible to a new generation by bundling the trilogy together.

Mafia 1 clearly looks like it's a remake from the ground up though.

I'm of the exact same opinion as you mate. Never played Mafia 1 so i'm very excited about that as long as they leave out all the obnoxious gameplay bloat that was in Mafia III.

And Mafia II was a masterclass in diverse gameplay, Great pacing and an engaging story.
I was kinda late to it on Mafia 2,bought a 360 copy three years ago when it became back comp for Xbox one,brilliant game

The cutscenes need working. I don’t like the hiccups. Pop-ins survived the years too. Some fps trouble.

But that doesn’t stop me from playing. Just saying.

I like the overall vibe and compared to modern owg, it’s all a bit tighter. It’s a nice change these days, imo.

Last edited:
Been playing it whenever I've had free time. Something comforting about the game world, it's open but at the same time the game is tightly presented so the pace is constant. The story line is great too. It's almost an interactive movie.

I don't know about anyone else, but I installed both versions of Mafia 2 and can't tell the difference between the 2.

Playing both on PC in 4K with every setting maxed out.

I don't know about anyone else, but I installed both versions of Mafia 2 and can't tell the difference between the 2.

Playing both on PC in 4K with every setting maxed out.
It’s from the guys that brought us Shenmue HD. ^^

I hope on console patches will fix the stuttering/fps/audio probs.

It’s from the guys that brought us Shenmue HD. ^^

I hope on console patches will fix the stuttering/fps/audio probs.
Saw a review on YouTube "before you buy" and they claimed that the pc version had a lot of hick ups Vs console version

Might wait to buy M2 remaster then.
Original game runs so smooth.
I’m in chapter 5 now and the fps drops are going on. I really tried but I have to admit, those breakdowns in performance are hampering my experience.
I am really considering putting it away for some time, waiting for a patch to fix it all.

edit: nailed it!
I don’t know where to start. I luckily was able to get it for free through the Malaysia loophole, but if you’re planning on buying it right now, don’t. The graphics are a bit better in the cutscenes, but it’s a such a minor difference. The game is so prone to stuttering, too. In the first hour of gameplay, I’ve encountered numeral bugs that have made me have to restart the game. The audio problems are really noticeable too. With headphones on, all of the dialogue comes out of the left ear and the cutscenes are extremely loud while gameplay is super quiet. This just seems like a rushed re-release then a “definitive edition”. If you got it for free or plan to buy it at a cheaper price, great! But, it is certainly not worth the $29.99 in its current state.
EDIT: A friend of mine also told me that the new Mafia 3 update makes the game run like crap and all the graphics look blurry now. I seriously have no idea how Take Two messed up this bad.

Last edited:
@PRO_TOO I'm holding off on buying it for sure.
Sounds bad.
Have no issue with the 360 version that is back comp on XB1,runs smooth as hell,rather play that!
Thanks buddy

@PRO_TOO I'm holding off on buying it for sure.
Sounds bad.
Have no issue with the 360 version that is back comp on XB1,runs smooth as hell,rather play that!
Thanks buddy
Yeah, you are better of playing it on XB. A lot of users reported the same.

I’ll let you guys know if any coming patches solve the problems.
I’d really recommend not buying right now.

Even the PC versions, wich got the definitive update for free, are worse than before. Sad and disappointing for thousand of customers. Reddit is rumbling.

I was so looking forward to join the Mafia again. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom