Lost - The Final Season

i am from Serbia and this is no doubt worldwide famous show,one of a kind,there are forums all over the world and i think that in every city in the world that can organize it,should be JumboTron,or Video projectors,Big Tvs... that can be watched by thousands people,or on stadiums,can you just imagine that picture,all over the world people are watching breathles last miuntes of the show

i would definitly go on something like that,this show deserves it

would you go in your city ,and do you think that people would organize,gather around

lost last show is 4.5 hours long they couldn`t break it down in to 2 shows damn. That`s too much 7-9 then 9-11:30 never seen that before

Lost - Series Finale

Oh boy... :CONF:

Do not read if you haven't watch it yet.
I'm pretty sure most of the fans are now saying that LOST is the scam of the decade.

The series finale had nothing to tell, gave no answers, everything was vague, the last scene was too much but...

I liked it. I'm a very sensitive man and this amount of emotion was too much for me. And this music !

And if you understood the ending, please explain :D.

lilg.jpg

7+/10

Last edited:
I watched it live... The number of ads was shocking. Can't watch more than 5 min in the States.

Nope, it started almost 4 hours ago :). I'm watching Jimmy Kimmel right now, special Lost.

Well it depends of the timezone. The US are really big :). I think you're following the LA feed when it's past midnight in NY.

Lost - Series Finale

Oh boy... :CONF:

Do not read if you haven't watch it yet.
I'm pretty sure most of the fans are now saying that LOST is the scam of the decade.

The series finale had nothing to tell, gave no answers, everything was vague, the last scene was too much but...

I liked it. I'm a very sensitive man and this amount of emotion was too much for me. And this music !

And if you understood the ending, please explain :D.

lilg.jpg

7+/10

Erm...

So ... they all died at the very start in the crash but refused to "move on" and accept death, so they all decided to stay on the island together as a group?

That damn music at the end, nearly had me in tears :LOL:

I'm not sure. It was a good finale in a way, it was a "nice" ending, but it left a lot of questions unanswered.

Still, if they were all dead anyway and it was all in their head, anything is possible I guess?

Not totally sure what to feel about the finale and how it was explained.

Put it this way. My Dad just came downstairs. He watched the first episode of Lost, and the last 30 mins of Lost. And he's just said "So that's it? They all died in that first episode? What's been the point of the six years in between then?"

Last edited by a moderator:
didn't like it!! It felt like an episode that should have been shown AFTER a finale, to wrap everything up. 2 hours of anti-climax, no answers apart from a massive copout.

As your dad said days, 6 years of fucking waste... Really, really the ending i didn't want or expect. I wouldn't have even minded if they all died, but the whole heaven thing was terrible and the way they brought all the old characters back felt really forced.

Really disappointed, which i didn't expect to be. :(

The direction on that episode was just incredible, regardless of whether you think it ended well or not, surely.

Never, during any TV show or movie, have I been so gripped by scenes and been caught up so much :D

Incredible work on that side of things and that deserves an award.

Incidently, that was a completely lame way to kill the smoke monster. Pretty pissed off about that.

right... I might need something clarifying... The island was 'real??' and it all happened as the show showed? Then whoever died in the island really died and they all met up in this alternative purgatory/afterlife type place so they can all 'let go'.

By that token, a plane carrying Sawyer, Kate, frank, Richard, Claire and miles, lands back at an airport somewhere... Imagine that press conference.

So what the fuck are the flash forwards then? Jacks whole 'we have to go back' thing to Kate? Was that in the alt reality, or just something else the writers chucked in to make it more interesting? Neither Kate nor jack were dead at that point.

What was the point of the whole dharma thing...

When they meet at the church, Hurley tells Ben that he was a great number two, and Hurley was a great number one. This makes me think that the island life continues on.

I'm not sure if the island was real, they crashed there and until they accepted to move on, they couldn't go on into the "afterlife". Plus the final shot at the end, showing the plane wreckage. As soon as I saw that, made me think that they did actually all crash on the plane originally. And Jack died in the same spot where he originally woke up back in season one.

I don't think Ben came to accept what he'd done on the island and that's why he didn't go into the church. But Locke forgiving him was a big help to Ben he said, so maybe that was his nudge to push him closer to acceptance.

The alternate timeline was a kind of halfway house to Heaven. Christian told Jack that he was dead, and Jack knew he was dead himself after that. But until Desmond had the visions (caused by the bomb?) and knew he had to go and pursuade everybody to move on, the Losties were just going to potter around in the alt.

Also Locke telling Jack that he doesn't have a son. None of that alt timeline is real, it's a means to an end to get them to move on.

Dharma, the smoke monster, polar bears, Widmore, Penny, Faraday, Charlotte, Jacob, who knows what they were all about? The last shot of the plane on the beach definately leads me to think that they did all die in the crash, but then what was the island life? Did that happen?

Maybe these extra 20 mins on the DVD will answer some of those. But either way, the writers said it wasn't that they were all dead and the island was purgatory, and they did kinda lead us on a bit it seems.

The six years of watching Lost have been immense and superb entertainment. But I wanted a better explanation than that, especially after denying purgatory.

Good explanation of the show here...

http://www.cleveland.com/tv-blog/in...inale_is_lost_for_many_channel_5_viewers.html

Which reminds me, the Sky remote nearly got smashed at the start when Sky experienced technical difficulties! :SHOCK:

I just feel let down more than anything - they could have gone pretty much anywhere with it and imagine a massive twist at the end... I dont know, something involving Dharma etc, would have made the show absolutely epic as nobody would forget how it ended etc.

Now it just feels a bit damp... like meh! They asked us to invest so much over the last 6 years, emotionally and psychologically and now its all seemed like a waste.

Off the top of my head, some things that were wasted...

1) Aaron - 'special' why? Storyline was forgotten pretty much as soon as it started. How cool an ended would it have been if it had been about Aaron? They you'd be like 'aaah, that NOW makes sense' and the investment of the viewer would have been slightly more justified.

2) Similarly with Walt as above. Both were called 'special' and a big deal was made of it.

3) Eliouse Hawking. Seemed an integral part of the island and its mythology... ended her involvement pathetically in the final scenes making her very weak. Same could also be said of Faraday, as earlier in the season he seemed to be in the know of what was happening. And the past seasons where he was working so hard to scientifically figure things out - why exactly?

4) The end of season 2 (I think) with the whole 'We have to go back' flash forward. Absolutely immense scene, what a cliff hanger and a mind fuck for an end of season. But now ... why? You cannot tell me for one moment that writing that scene, the writers would be working towards the final scenes being about the Losties 'letting go' and going onto finish their spiritual journeys. Waste.

5) Ben v Whidmore. "You know we cannot kill each other" - superb, intriguing and kept you wondering for seasons, 'why', 'who are they' etc - explained away in 3 pathetic pistol shots from Ben.

6) Whilst I'm at it - Whidmore! Why did he want to find the island again?

7) The whole Jacob thing. If the flash sideways/alt universe is about the Losties finding each other and letting go, what the hell was the Jacob thing about and all the ancient mythology. Why did he bring them to the island? Why did he go visit them - in what tense? The past, alt or future (which now didnt exist) and why bring the back again to the island...

8) ... which leads me onto - did 'bringing them back' to the island actually happen then, or was it all in their alt life? Did they have an alt life on the island and off it?

I always maintained the writers just 'made it up as they went along' and six years later it seems I was right.

It was a really good show and I loved it, so I suppose that is the main point - but I personally could have forgiven the crazy storylines and over-reaching ambition at the end of it all, if it had been a better ending.

I didnt hate the ending as an episode, it just didnt feel the right way to end that show for me and thats what has pissed me off.

Just remembered something else, Desmond told Elouise that he wasn't there to take him himself. Further evidence to suggest the alt is just a "waiting room" until you're collected.

"We have to go back" was to get the candidates back on the island. Michael and Walt, for example, weren't candidates and they never needed to go back.

In a way, I REALLY enjoyed the ending. The way it was done was incredible, and it did kinda finish the story ... in a way. But like you say, there's so much more that they could've done with the story to end it differently.

Apparantly Jimmy Kimmel had alternate endings on his show, I'll have to watch it after work.

Why was Penny in the "waiting room" though? Did she die?

Oh :(

So, assuming the Losties weren't ready to cross over ... why? Jack I can understand because he's stubborn and does his own thing. But Hurley needed to stay on at the island to accept he was dead somehow? What about Sun? What about Claire? Lapidus? Why did they have a hard time letting go?

Michael actually accepted and wanted to die, he tried to kill himself and did the C4 on the ship but he wasn't allowed to kill himself. So if he was ready for death, why couldn't he go to the alt to be with the others?

Just remembered something else, Desmond told Elouise that he wasn't there to take him himself. Further evidence to suggest the alt is just a "waiting room" until you're collected.

"We have to go back" was to get the candidates back on the island. Michael and Walt, for example, weren't candidates and they never needed to go back.

In a way, I REALLY enjoyed the ending. The way it was done was incredible, and it did kinda finish the story ... in a way. But like you say, there's so much more that they could've done with the story to end it differently.

Apparantly Jimmy Kimmel had alternate endings on his show, I'll have to watch it after work.

Dont worry, the alt-endings are 'jokes' for the Kimmel show - they are already up on YT.

Know what you are saying about the candidates, but...

...candidates for what exactly? Running the island, but were they 'alive' at that point?

Some theories saying they died when the plane crashed and just this bunch didnt move on like the other passengers, and some saying all the events that happened on the island were actually real.

So to try and sum it up...

1) A woman washes up shipwrecked on an island, gives birth to twins and is killed.

2) The twins grow up seperated, one guarding the islands (and humanities?) light, the other determined to put it out and go 'home' across the sea.

3) Good twin brings people to the island to 'test' humanity, though that was quickly washed over as he is bringing people to the island to take over the job of guarding the light.

4) Plane crashes in 2004, supposedly brought to the island by Jacob, though the probably cause of the crash is Desmond and his button fiddling.

5) Some people survive and live on the island

6) Bunch of stuff happens, like the others, dharma etc

7) Some escape the island and eventually get back to LAX. The rest get caught time travelling after Ben moves the island.

8) In the 'forward future' Jack (who has been living with Kate etc), Ben etc realise they have to go back and start convincing the others. Eliouse Hawking helps them to get back via a plane.

9) Faraday sets off a bomb and everyone lands back on the island, though actually for the people on the island, they have been living in the 70s for 3 years.

10) Eventually a bomb is set off halting the time travelling and putting the Losties back on the right time line

11) We start seeing an alternate universe running alongside the island world

12) The alt universe starts to show Des rounding people up and the Losties having flash backs/side/forwards to the island memories

13) Jacob appears and tells Jack to guard the island.

14) Des breaks the light source, smokie is then humanified (wouldnt this have just killed him outright - what form did he take if he wasnt a smoke monster?! Anyways...) and killed by Jack

15) Jack hands the island guarding job to Hurley and fixes the light

16) Simultaneously, we see all the Losties gathered and explanation given that they are there to move on...

With me so far? So when did 1-15 happen and did any of it happen apart from the plane crash?

The alt universe stories were very misleading and that whole thing felt like a waste of time.

Bah! still bitter about this...

Last edited:
That's the key question. Did they actually die in the crash or did they survive it and kept living on in the island.

Now that I think about it some more, I don't think they actually did die in the crash. I think the island is real, everything there was real. But until Jack died at the end, we didn't see the waiting room.

They were all waiting for Jack, he was the last person of the group to accept he was dead and once he did (after Christian gave him his "flashes" and he saw himself dying next to Vincent), he was happy to let go.

Key phrases we've kept hearing are about "letting go" and that you're either alone or all in together. It was said in the first episode when Jack spoke to the survivors, and it was said again in the last episode.

Just read an interesting post. Kate shot Locke and the bullets did nothing. Yet in his battle with Jack, a bullet worked. How did Kate know that a bullet would affect him now?

I know why I liked it. Because it was all about the characters.
That was Lost. Lindelof and Cuse told us several times, and they only focused on them. Not giving answers (for example what will happen if Smokey left) about the island is their choice, and it's not important knowing it.
This choice was made a long time ago, that's what they wanted to do, it was not perfect but I respect the idea.
In 10 years, we will care about Jack, Kate and Sawyer and not why Walt was special.

But I'd like to have a big Q/A with them about things they intended but made disappear just like that (like Walt). What was their first idea ?

That's the key question. Did they actually die in the crash or did they survive it and kept living on in the island.

Now that I think about it some more, I don't think they actually did die in the crash. I think the island is real, everything there was real. But until Jack died at the end, we didn't see the waiting room.

They were all waiting for Jack, he was the last person of the group to accept he was dead and once he did (after Christian gave him his "flashes" and he saw himself dying next to Vincent), he was happy to let go.

Key phrases we've kept hearing are about "letting go" and that you're either alone or all in together. It was said in the first episode when Jack spoke to the survivors, and it was said again in the last episode.

Just read an interesting post. Kate shot Locke and the bullets did nothing. Yet in his battle with Jack, a bullet worked. How did Kate know that a bullet would affect him now?

Thats true, unless she saw that Jack was physically hurting him with punches until she got close enough to take a shot.

A lot of the writing in this episode was lame though - how did they get the tree off of Ben and how was he completely uninjured? Miles telling Richard he had his 'first grey hair' but actually has loads and the plane.... oh man the plan... ignoring how on earth it could take off on rain sodden sand/bog like ground, ignoring it had no room to get a decent speed up - focus on Miles fixing it with ducttape and Richard doing a spot of welding (is a welding kit just par for the course in a planes glovebox?)

Thats true, unless she saw that Jack was physically hurting him with punches until she got close enough to take a shot.

A lot of the writing in this episode was lame though - how did they get the tree off of Ben and how was he completely uninjured? Miles telling Richard he had his 'first grey hair' but actually has loads and the plane.... oh man the plan... ignoring how on earth it could take off on rain sodden sand/bog like ground, ignoring it had no room to get a decent speed up - focus on Miles fixing it with ducttape and Richard doing a spot of welding (is a welding kit just par for the course in a planes glovebox?)

Not to mention that the storm was pissing down with rain, then the next scene it was sunny as anything with pretty much no indication that there was a storm not long before.

I do wonder when they actually came up with the finish. Has Desmond always been immune to the electromagnetism then?

I don't know. I mean, I see what you're saying Tuta about character development. And that was superb, the emotion felt during the flashes in this episode was up there with any entertainment I've seen and it made me realise just how much has happened in Lost and it shows you how attached you've become to the characters.

But if they always wanted it about the characters, did they really need to put in a smoke monster, a special light of life, Dharma, the Others, Dogen, the statues etc. It felt to me that they made Lost as this really well engineered drama based on clever puzzles and theories. And in the end, the only theory that actually counted for anything was the one people suggested in the first couple of episodes six years ago.

I feel a bit cheated that they put in so many pieces to create theories and created so much excitement and mystery around the island, only to take a cheap and easy way out.

Oh, what's the deal with Richard? He was made immortal, I guess like Ben was by Hurley (incidently why Ben, who's hardly trustworth, and not Desmond?) but he wanted to get off the island as well. So where did he go once he gets off Lapidus' plane? He had no life to go to, as such.

Why wasn't Miles, Lapidus and Richard in the church? It can't be because everyone in the church was on 815 because Penny was there.

I guess the purgatory ending was clear once the "joke" was made about Christian Shephard's name. I spotted that as soon as his name was first mentioned in Lost and thought it was an interesting name. But with the writers dismissing purgatory, I didn't think much more of it. If they finished Lost with the plane leaving, Jack dying and Hurley/Ben running the island then that'd be better. The church bit just ruined it a little for me.

Another thing, and this can probably be explained, but why did Jack have a cut on his neck in the last episode and then it got worse in this one?

Back
Top Bottom