Liverpool Thread

Tuchel & Zidane are available but are they willing to come to Liverpool ? Tbf, premier league clubs are responsible for most stupid price transfer right now and it's been happening for decade. I remember when Liverpool bought Carroll for like 35M Pounds, then Torres to chelsea for 50M Pounds, etc... People getting mad at City or PSG with their unlimited budget while EPL mid tier clubs spend millions pounds to buy nobody from other league

I agree though, sticking with klopp is the most sensible choice right now. Give it another few seasons & couple $$$ to rebuild.

No other coach will put up with not being able to buy any player they want. The entire self sustainable model at Liverpool is not helpful in the long run. If they owners don't want to put their own money into the club they should just sell. They should know that Klopp's style takes everything out of a player and you need to keep adding plenty of fresh legs every transfer season in order to keep the intensity going.

No other coach will put up with not being able to buy any player they want. The entire self sustainable model at Liverpool is not helpful in the long run. If they owners don't want to put their own money into the club they should just sell. They should know that Klopp's style takes everything out of a player and you need to keep adding plenty of fresh legs every transfer season in order to keep the intensity going.
Most coaches aren't able to buy any player they want. Only those in Sugar Daddy clubs can do that on the regular. And Klopp actually got a couple of high profile players in Darwin and Gakpo. Darwin is starting to annoy me with missing chances at crucial moments, and Gakpo hasn't really done anything but they can still come through. Hard to play well when the entire team (apart from maybe Alisson and Bajcetic, an 18 year old) is playing horribly.

I'm sure Klopp has tried to give the players a nauseating amount of pep talks already but if I were there I would tell them to fake it till they make it. Play like they have confidence, play like they enjoy it, don't mind the results because you will likely lose anyway. They used to be the Mentality Monsters and now they are the Mental Breakdowns, just lighten it up a bit, have some fun and see where it takes you.

Didn't FSG want to sell liverpool this season ? Liverpool this season is just anomaly to me, from League contender to became really shit in less than season. I know their midfield is comedy now but most of them are still in late 20's & early 30's. I'm one of the guy who scratch my head when gakpo transfered to the club, is he really the guy the club needed ?

In think they gonna make it to the CL spot. Not seeing happenning for Chelsea tho, they gonna lose for few weeks more then coach change then starting to produce…by April..

lol i hope not, i wanna see them in UEL or even UECL just for the memes.

anyway LFC is still unstable now but i'm not counting them out for CL Spot since 4th to 9th is still close. Newcastle, Brighton, Spurs can slip anytime even ManU in top 3 not really safe from CL.

I don’t understand this myth which Liverpool fans peddle in that they “don’t spend any money”. Man Utd fans are the same as well when they spend a fortune every summer.

Liverpool were huge spenders in the 90s. Also, they’ve just spunked a fortune on 5 strikers when they should have spent it on a new midfield.

I can't believe van Dijk is back and things are still so terrible defensively. The attack is showing promising signs now and things look to be gelling, but that's pointless if your defence looks completely at sea every time the opposition regains possession.

I'd love to read/watch a good defensive breakdown of what's going on at Liverpool at the moment. What's the difference between a year ago and today that's made them so much more vulnerable?

I can't believe van Dijk is back and things are still so terrible defensively. The attack is showing promising signs now and things look to be gelling, but that's pointless if your defence looks completely at sea every time the opposition regains possession.

I'd love to read/watch a good defensive breakdown of what's going on at Liverpool at the moment. What's the difference between a year ago and today that's made them so much more vulnerable?
Hi Chris, i was listening to Carra last night, and his reckoning was we aren't as good in midfield as last season, also the front three are not gelling as well as Mani & Co last season. Last year we took a lot of pressure off the defence, but this time they are finding themselves exposed.

So much going on isn't there. For me manes work rate and determination is a big miss. He caused opponents to either panic or play safe. Van dijk has lost a yard of pace which is taking time to adjust as previously he was in a position he knew he could recover from. I'm unsure he can successfully play in such a high line. Fab is just a shadow of his former self. Overall and I think most importantly is the mentality/confidence in the press. In previous seasons we would press with such confidence knowing that's our ball and we're taking it. That confidence was audible in the support too. We were used to going 1-0 down and the general feeling was it's ok we'll score 3. Now if we concede everyone thinks oh no not again. Remember klopps original message was togetherness and positivity. But now and understandably Jürgen looks pissed off and stressed. That's fed the negativity within the stands. In turn teams don't turn up to anfield thinking they're already beat.

Praise the lord it doesn't look like Liverpool is becoming an oil owned club 🙏

Speaking of praising the lord, Firmino will be leaving after this season. My favourite all time player. It's probably the right call buy it still hurts 😔

Should've left this season alongside mane to get some cash. Seems like a good lad, hope he can still playing in europe. 31 is still young to back to brazil.

Congrats Reds 7:0! You are back in business! :RSCARF:

I think ManU have his theatre of dreams and Anfield is the new theatre of nightmares for the away teams.

How do you go from 7-0 against United to this?

They're playing high lines and pushing to get goals, can't finish to save their lives, and leaving themselves absolutely wide open. Years ago that was fine, cos they'd outscore the opposition every time. Now? It's not working. With the notable exception of the United match.

If you can't change the team to keep it working, change the system. But Klopp won't do that, so results like this will keep coming (it's not full time yet but it looks pretty obvious Bournemouth will win this, Liverpool's setup is totally naïve given their season so far and they're being exploited repeatedly - if this was against a top-half side they'd be in United's position from last week).

Do they stick with Klopp until the summer and then go on a spending spree to allow them to keep playing this way? Or do they take action now so they can get results with the personnel they have?

How do you go from 7-0 against United to this?

They're playing high lines and pushing to get goals, can't finish to save their lives, and leaving themselves absolutely wide open. Years ago that was fine, cos they'd outscore the opposition every time. Now? It's not working. With the notable exception of the United match.

If you can't change the team to keep it working, change the system. But Klopp won't do that, so results like this will keep coming (it's not full time yet but it looks pretty obvious Bournemouth will win this, Liverpool's setup is totally naïve given their season so far and they're being exploited repeatedly - if this was against a top-half side they'd be in United's position from last week).

Do they stick with Klopp until the summer and then go on a spending spree to allow them to keep playing this way? Or do they take action now so they can get results with the personnel they have?

Quite simply Bournemouth were fighting for their lives and really needed to win.
Man Utd downed tools at 3-0.

Quite simply Bournemouth were fighting for their lives and really needed to win.
Man Utd downed tools at 3-0.
But United played with the same kind of openness as Liverpool today, which is what allowed Liverpool in (alongside some admittedly dreadful defending). Any team who shuts the gates against Liverpool, i.e. plays a very deep defensive/midfield line and plays the numbers game - whilst keeping one relatively pacey player near the half-way line for an outball - and they're often screwed. Especially away from home.

That's not Bournemouth having great mentality - that's O'Neil setting them up just right, and Klopp setting up Liverpool to pile everyone forward and rely entirely on a strike force that just isn't performing (with the exception of the United game, which was clearly a one-off).

The number of people I've heard proclaiming Liverpool are favourites for 4th place because of one freak result has blown my mind this week.

But United played with the same kind of openness as Liverpool today, which is what allowed Liverpool in (alongside some admittedly dreadful defending). Any team who shuts the gates against Liverpool, i.e. plays a very deep defensive/midfield line and plays the numbers game - whilst keeping one relatively pacey player near the half-way line for an outball - and they're often screwed. Especially away from home.

That's not Bournemouth having great mentality - that's O'Neil setting them up just right, and Klopp setting up Liverpool to pile everyone forward and rely entirely on a strike force that just isn't performing (with the exception of the United game, which was clearly a one-off).

The number of people I've heard proclaiming Liverpool are favourites for 4th place because of one freak result has blown my mind this week.

The main problem Liverpool seem to have is as you stated, teams have learnt about them and play very deep and just frustrate them knowing that against them, they will have a couple of chances as defensive Liverpool are not the best and Virgil seems to be a shadow of the player he was a couple of seasons ago when he was injured against Everton.

I also think Mane was an absolute massive loss as they used to have two absolute world class players on the wings where if one was ineffective the other was on fire.
Now Liverpool just seem to have Salah and errrr.... Salah.
Nunez occasionally looks half decent, but the majority of the time he is a complete headless chicken and just head down and run without having a clue what to do.

Liverpool just need investment which is something I don't think Klopp will get in the summer, and if they miss out on Champions League then they may struggle to get their top targets.
Personally I think they will get the top 4, as for as inconsistent as they are these days Spurs are absolutely no better.

I love Klopp and would not like him to leave the Premier League, but his style needs a certain player and would be surprised if the Liverpool board got rid.
When he leaves he will leave with him quitting, as can tell he is kind of frustrated when there are teams around him who seem to spend an absolute shit ton of cash and have absolutely no repercussions from financially fair play - and yes I know Man City are being investigated but they will get out of it by finding every loophole possible and just pay a fine, like they did with UEFA.

Come on guys. The plan is obviously to make Real Madrid underestimate Liverpool before the away game.

giphy.gif

Never had seen a LFC team like this on wednesday in Madrid. Like the rabbit in front of the snake.:CURSE:

We now have multiple instances of all urgency just vanishing from the Liverpool attack when Nunez is taken off the pitch. Not that keeping him on would have won us the game but it's still worth noting.

Very good match last weekend! But what da fak was going on with the referee with the red card. It was a yellow card only, if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom