Jackson Dead

RIP, great influence of music, no doubt.

Touched the lives of many, including young boys.

Drop the kid stuff yeah? He was cleared of that in a court so regardless of what you may think, he was proven innocent.

The man was a legend and made some of the greatest music ever, as well as donating millions upon millions of dollars to various charities throughout the world.

part of my childhod in early nintees...

but then i also discovered albums like Off the Wall.....

truly gifted artist he was..

RIP

Drop the kid stuff yeah? He was cleared of that in a court so regardless of what you may think, he was proven innocent.

The man was a legend and made some of the greatest music ever, as well as donating millions upon millions of dollars to various charities throughout the world.

:WORSHIP:

times like this you get to see the true side of some peoples reaction to a death.

If Gary Glitter died would the BBC be devoting this amount of coverage to him ?

Comments like 'the world mourns' and ' this is the day the music died ' are pathetic.

It is not exactly as if he composed some of the most complex music created by man is it say a Mozart or Stravinsky.

It's a sad symbol of the times in this celebrity obsessed age we live in now that he is getting this amount of coverage.

Last year a scientist working in the field of oncology died. His pioneering work in angiogenesis created many drugs that cut off the blood supply to tumours killing them.

His work saved tens of thousands of lives. Did he even get any recognition in the media. No.

Ask yourself who is more worthy of recognition ?

Comments like 'the world mourns' and ' this is the day the music died ' are pathetic.

It is not exactly as if he composed some of the most complex music created by man is it say a Mozart or Stravinsky.

It's a sad symbol of the times in this celebrity obsessed age we live in now that he is getting this amount of coverage.

Last year a scientist working in the field of oncology died. His pioneering work in angiogenesis created many drugs that cut off the blood supply to tumours killing them.

His work saved tens of thousands of lives. Did he even get any recognition in the media. No.

With all respect mate, I'm sure there are people who pass away who deserve great plaudits and who no doubt achieve great things and great work but to question why someone like Michael Jackson should be getting the coverage he is just makes no sense.

Like him or not the man is world famous and I mean that in the biggest sense of the word, he influenced millions of people musically and did great work for charities...

I agree we are celebrity obsessed but Mr Jackson is on a whole different level, the guy was a legend, again like him or not that is a fact...

As for the media coverage, this guy was media, he epitomised the world of media, his whole life was in front of the lens...

Last edited:

But he probably got recognition where it mattered to him, from the lives he saved and the field he worked in. Jacko's field is in the public eye so it makes sense that many will be interested when he dies.

As for the Glitter comment - as TikTikTikTikTik said Glitter was found guilty - Jacko was found to be innocent and since his trial the families suing him were also involved in welfare fraud.....defrauding the federal government in tons of money and much more so it's hardly like they can be trusted to be telling the truth when they accused Jacko.

Think about it this way....If you wanted to extort a ton of money from somebody and you have no personal integrity, you first of all need to find someone with a shit-ton of cash, and someone who would fit the profile by the nature of what they surround themselves with. Michael is rich, he fit the profile because he was always helping sick and needy kids, and he's hella weird. So they saw a great opportunity to accuse him of some bullshit, hoping he'd settle out of court and they'd get rich. They already tried that with JC Penney and it worked, so they tried it again.

Last edited:

You just told one of the reasons I'm sad, media made him and destroyed him so easily, and they don't even feel guilty now, they insist on showing his 'decline'.
I feel sorry for the music, cause it was good.

Drop the kid stuff yeah? He was cleared of that in a court so regardless of what you may think, he was proven innocent..

Yeah cleared in court, after spending millions on high class lawyers, which isn't suspicious at all, and after the judge even said he did it, they just didn't have enough evidence to prove it.

We'll always have the music, which is what we need. I just don't like it when everyone thinks he's a weird bastard, or a kiddy fiddler or whatever you want, and then thinks he's a fucking angel when he dies. It's another Jade Goody public hypocrisy case.

Last edited:
till this moment i am still shocked. all i can say is that god put him in this world with that talent to make us dance.

Some of his lyrics are soo powerful it literely sends shivers down my spine when i listen to them now. from subjects about race to people fighting in all sorts of wars is truelly breathaking.

To me he was more then just a performer but a messanger.

OGC Nice fan, no fake, real picture

quand-jackson-soutenait-l-ogc-nice.jpg

I grow up listening to his music...
So sad that people who are talented and good as him have to go like this...
IMO the best musician, entretainer, performer ever...

You know who else was proven innocent? O.J. Simpson. If you can afford the best lawyers money can buy, you can get out of anything.

I for one, won't miss the pedophile one bit.

You know who else was proven innocent? O.J. Simpson. If you can afford the best lawyers money can buy, you can get out of anything.

I for one, won't miss the pedophile one bit.

You got proof that he is a pedo.

Read this and come back to me with your mature comment. This goes to the people who wonder why he is in the front page of every site/newspaper etc while others who do more for the world are not.

Get your rose tinted glass's off and read this:

There are millions of people dying every day, and there are millions that suffer personal loss and grief. But among those millions of people, very very few are such highly gifted people that they have spent a large part of their existence entertaining and bringing pleasure to millions. Very few of them are so gifted that they virtually single handedly change an entire genre, and come close to inventing one ... the pop video.

Very few people are of a stature that, whatever we believe about his personal life, his passing is one that affects millions, if not billions, of people. How many of us would be known, let alone missed, in London, New York, Tokyo, Moscow, Beijing and Manilla, to name but a handful.

Like him or not, Jackson wasn't just a superstar, he was a MegaStar, the likes of which the world only sees a handful of in a generation.

And like it or not, he IS missed by many, many millions, not necessarily for him personally, but for his work, his art.

And like it or not, many people are genuinely upset, and genuinely mourning.

There's a time and a place for everything, and this is a time when people that do mourn him are still mourning, and it is not a time for contrary views.

So let me be clear about this - this is a time for those that miss him to express their views. If you disagree, then for now, keep quiet. Show a little respect, if not for Jackson then for those members that are upset at his passing.

If you have a contrary view and want to express it, then that debate can be had, but not right now. This is not the time for it. One of our mods has already had to spend a lot of time cleaning this thread of insensitive comments and tasteless jokes from those that don't have any sensitivity, and if I have to do it again, I'm going to do it by suspending posting access for a few days. This thread will remain respectful, at least while people are upset, and I won't be asking again.

Last edited:
Fully agree with that bolded bit, no need for some of the disrespectful comments here.

There's more ignorance in this thread than in the PES news discussion threads. Fucking grow-up with the stupid comments about MJ and stop jumping on the bandwagon with these baseless accusations. He was cleared on every charge, including the minor alcohol charges. Good lawyers or not, he was innocent.

I think the major problem is that a lot of people are too young on here to even remember how good MJ was back in the 90s. He will always be the King of Pop to me.

Now please, let the guy rest in peace.

Back
Top Bottom