ITALY thread

Re: The Italy Thread - Forza Azzurri! - "Un’Italia da 7"

Could it be some kind of trick tactic? :LOL:

That would be awesome! :D but I doubt Barzagli is that good an actor. :P

I think IF Italy lined up the way Ben and I want, they can and should beat this England team.

BUT, I have a feeling if Prandelli uses Balotelli, he'll undo the nation. He's been good so far this tournament and not done anything stupid and even played well mostly. But unfortunately he's a ticking time bomb. And especially when faced with opposition he normally faces throughout the league and some 'friends' from Man City, I fear, they'll use his mental weakness and lure him into getting a red card or over-reacting one way or another.

I sincerely hope Giovinco and Di Natale get their chance and Italy isn't harmed by Mario. I have a feeling he's gonna do something stupid and change the game. We'll find out in a couple hours I guess.

On a more positive note, it's worth mentioning that this is the first CLOSE/Tight Quarter final we're likely to have.

In the first 3 QF's, one team has been heavily favoured over the other. This one is as close as it gets and there are no real favourites. Just two good teams who will do everything to get to next round and I wouldn't be surprised if this is a draw at the end of 90 mins and extra time or penalties are required to separate the two sides.

Yesterday at one point, the odds were even EXACTLY the same. 2.87/1 Italy 2.87/Draw 2.87/England

!! lol

As even as it gets!

yep henrys, she's olivia...
20e6413d1b9bcdda4cbf816039cad4bc-53903-2965df94e649bc43df6a66c3d67679a6.jpeg

:P
please olivia, prove us all wrong and show us some guts for once in your life.... prove us u're not just a huge waste of talent, love.

Sina i share your same concerns about balotelli loosing his temper tonight... and for the very same reasons u mentioned.... but then again, mario is always a surprising fella, so who knows, maybe he'll keep his cool, right when we all think he won't (wishful thinking) :))

anyway guys, i'm off to mondello beach to watch the match. see ya and forza azzurri! :))

Marchisio to show the world he's incredible tonight! I can see this finish 1-1 and Balotelli to get booked.

3 Great chances for Mario to score in 1st half, all badly wasted! Numerous bad passes as well.

He's done ONE good thing so far in 45 mins and that was a good speculative long range effort which narrowly went over the bar at around 39th minute. That's it! 3 great chances!

If Italy want to win, Di Natale and Giovinco need to come in. Cassano and Balotelli have been Italy's worst players in first half.

Other than Balotelli, I think Italy have been excellent. Really controlled, incisive football, totally dominating England. Admittedly, not the hardest thing to do, but still.

Italy to win 1-0.

Their defense looks really shakey though, could go either way atm with Italy just that bit more dangerous.

Deserved in the end, you should have gotten at least a goal before the shoot-out. England wouldn't stand a chance against Germany anyway, Italy on the other hand is able to.

Nice penalty by Pirlo, yanking down Hart a few notches and I laughed :)

Good luck!

English team this night was a SHAME.

We simply deserve it. Forza Azzurri!

Congrats, hugely deserved.

Sucks about UEFA doing their usual thing and screwing up the scheduling - two extra days rest for the Germans is going to make a HUGE difference imo.

italy has never lost against germany in a tournament... ;)

final already booked? :P

Well done, you deserved it.

Imagine the injustice if England won (pens) ! I see Italy as a more defensive team that defense well and attacks cautiously. They look like an ALL attacking team vs the English . I must say Pirlo looks like a Barca player he had so much control and the nerve of his cheeky penalty was oozing with confidence :WORSHIP: .

I know vs the Germans it will be a very exciting match! :))

Congrats Ben, Stef and the other Italians on here. A well deserved win over the 120 mins.

Pirlo. :WORSHIP:

Lately cause of politics and world crisis its rare that there is an occasion i can say what i am going to say, which is simple and clean: I AM PROUD TO BE ITALIAN!!!

Pirlo did absolutely nothing wrong for the whole 120 minutes. Outstanding Outstanding! That penalty really helped the team's confidence and shock Hart's cockiness.

Yes, he made two-three mistakes but England didn't manage to capitalize on them. Pirlo was outstanding nevertheless. It's impossible not to love this player, regardless of nationality.

He said he saw Hart had decided already where to jump and was sure of it. Genius.

He was even out jumping a fresh Andy Carroll in extra time. :WORSHIP:

Well done Italy and PIRLO! You are deservedly through!

Now Prandelli PLEASE learn from your mistakes! Your team was PERFECT tonight and raped England but instead of winning 3-0, had to take it penalties because of the most ineffective and wasteful duo up front. A tired, lazy Cassano and a wasteful Mario!

Put in Giovinco or Di Natale and Italy really should've finished off England in 90 mins with several goals.

Diamanti did more in 10 mins than Cassano did all game.

And who the hell made Montolivo take a penalty!? I KNEW he'd miss it! Yelled it out to all my friends and family and they were like: "You never know..." because they don't know Olivia like we do... the mentally weakest player on the pitch should not take a PK.

De Rossi being subbed was a strange decision and you could tell he doesn't understand it either and was a bit upset. Cassano and Balotelli got TOO much time. They played for 77 mins together wasting a lot of passes and chances. Luckily ONE of them at least was taken out.

As for Joe Hart, lol, Pirlo shut him up good. This guy's been watching Manuel Neuer too much. He was trying to be like the German but he just doesn't have the same skills, aura and confidence. Nowhere near as intimidating. Pirlo taught him a lesson tonight.

Thank God, that England did not win tonight. They tried to pull a Chelsea, playing defensive and trying to win through penalty. Thank God, it didn't pay off. I hate these cowardish defensive tactics, that's not what football is about.

About Italy, they played pretty well, although sometimes not quick enough. Batoletti was the bottle-neck of the team, too tanky and too stupid. He had at least two or three very big opportunities that others would have exploited successfully. He should have been replaced at the 65th minute with Di Natali and Italy would have won that game without needing extratime and penalty.

That Olivia-guy was actually pretty good, don't understand the hate towards him, he did some marvellous technical dribblings and was the second playmaker beside Pirlo. In a few years, with more experience and a bit more muscle and hardness he can become a very good playmaker for Italy.

Congratulations to Italy for a well deserved win!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom