Grand Theft Auto: Definitive Editions [PC/PS5/XBS]

Here's a full list of songs that are missing from the tracklist for GTA Trilogy – Definitive Edition that Rockstar provided.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City​

• 2 Live Crew - Get It Girl
  • ABC - Poison Arrow
  • Afrika Bambaataa & the Soulsonic Force - Looking for the Perfect Beat
  • Alcatrazz - God Blessed Video
  • Aneka - Japanese Boy
  • Animotion - Obsession
  • The Buggles - Video Killed the Radio Star
  • The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary
  • The Fixx - One Thing Leads to Another
  • Gary Numan - Cars
  • Herbie Hancock - Rockit
  • Irakere - Añunga Ñunga
  • Joe Jackson - Steppin' Out
  • John Waite - Missing You
  • Kate Bush - Wow
  • Lionel Richie - Running with the Night
  • Love Fist - Fist Fury
  • Loverboy - Working for the Weekend
  • Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
  • Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
  • Ozzy Osbourne - Bark at the Moon
  • Quiet Riot - Cum On Feel the Noize
  • Sigue Sigue Sputnik - Love Missile F1-11
  • Trouble Funk - Pump Me Up
  • Tyrone Brunson - The Smurf

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas​

• 2Pac (ft. Pogo) - I Don't Give a Fuck
  • Augustus Pablo - King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown
  • The Blackbyrds - Rock Creek Park
  • Black Harmony - Don't Let It Go to Your Head
  • Blood Sisters - Ring My Bell
  • Bobby Byrd - Hot Pants - I'm Coming, I'm Coming, I'm Coming
  • Bobby Byrd - I Know You Got Soul
  • Charles Wright & the Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band - Express Yourself
  • Fatback Band - Yum Yum (Gimme Some)
  • Gap Band - You Dropped a Bomb on Me
  • George Clinton - Loopzilla
  • James Brown - Funky President (People It's Bad)
  • James Brown - The Payback
  • The JB's - The Grunt
  • Joe Cocker - Woman to Woman
  • Lyn Collins - Rock Me Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again
  • Maceo & The Macks - Soul Power 74
  • N.W.A. - Express Yourself
  • Ozzy Osbourne - Hellraiser
  • Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name
  • Roy Ayers - Running Away
  • Tom Petty - Runnin' Down a Dream

Genuinely wish I hadn't preordered now - the music was always the best bit for me.

I'd assumed they wouldn't produce a remake and not at least replace the songs they lost.

Saw the comparisons with the originals and I've decided to skip this one.

This actually looks worse than the originals, cutscene animations on VC also looked more jerky and buggy than the original pc port. And character redesigns look horrendous. And their skin tones are oversaturated asf. The list of issues goes on, overall I'd rather just play the originals over this mess.

Just coming off a quick play-session now.

Mixed bag for me. I do think the better control system makes it worthwhile (see a clip at the end of this post for how frustrating it used to be - nostalgia makes us forget). The HDR really pops too, it's pretty great. Simple, but well done.

However, half the music being missing is a huge problem to me, and I really hope they sell enough copies and enough people complain that they consider splashing some cash to make us happy (and buy a bit of positive PR).

Also, when it rains - fuck me, what were they thinking? It's impossible to see where you're going! Raindrops are represented by white streaks, which cover the screen, and it's impossible to see! I don't see how they haven't had more complaints about that!

When you see the remastered version versus a "fan remaster" (a modded GTA V), you can't help but feel short-changed.

gCgkxHi.png

But yeah, this is what it used to play like (how frustrating and glitchy it was):

This is what the graphics look like in the remaster:

This is what the graphics COULD have looked like if they'd remade the games in GTA V:

I haven't played this in a long time ,I'd acctually be pumped if I got hold off an Ps2 version and replayed it.
So I'm ok ,even really glad for this ,it's on game pass got no complaints.
Would I buy it ?
Don't think so

Last edited:
I wish it had more improvements, especially for vice city but even with GTA:SA on gamepass I don't want to revisit the clunkiness again. It was good 15 years ago. Wanted to revisit the VC soundtrack but I'll just put it on Spotify.

For some reason lately I want to play an old clunker from the series and it's actually GTA4, never finished it and liked the dark and more realistic style.

So glad I held fire. I would never pre order something that the developers won't even show raw gameplay footage of prior. Fuck all that.

They want money up front? Show me what I'm paying for upfront. Otherwise we have to rely on other paying customers to stream the bloody thing and do the publishers job of marketing the product for them 🙄

Apparently (looking at you @Placebo), the missing songs are actually included within the game's files and if a script is edited, they could be turned back on.

Looks like I made a catastrophic decision buying it on console. :CURSE:
They've now updated the game to delete this "accidentally included" content: Eurogamer article

Really sad.

Also, glad I'm not the only one complaining about the rain, which makes it absolutely impossible to see what you're doing:

EDIT: :FAIL:

Last edited:
I just saw this comment from one of the dev's..

"It’s so fun to see players out there really enjoying what we’ve put together for them. I’m honestly enjoying this unparalleled level of scrutiny on our studio. Today we are celebrating our monumental project launch, while we work on updates". :-)

— Thomas Williamson (@TSWilliamson) November 11, 2021

You could be fooled into thinking Konami were behind this. :D

Don't think the problems are related just with the look and the music licenses. It's buggy, glitchy and has technical problems at all levels. It's very obvious that this trilogy was ported by a company who does android games [Grove Street Games]. Even the LOD & FOV on maps are a mess right now. I don't mind remasters, and if it's just a slightly improved remaster that has the objective in mind to work on the new hardware I get it and I can live with that, but instead they charge full price for some reflections and lighting that mods are doing them better, releasing some buggy worse versions where it's raining with milk, some characters are deformed and objects are popping like in games from the PS1 era. Nowadays playing with nostalgia is a trend and it shouldn't be... :SHAKE:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom