Grand Theft Auto: Definitive Editions [PC/PS5/XBS]

Totally disagree, then again you can’t fulfill everybodys expectations. Not your cup of tea? Sure. Awful? Yeah, No.

I think visual styles like this/Fortnite etc look awful 100% and I stand by that! Primarily I guess because I was a gamer back in the day when the technology wasn't there for graphics to look realistic, so I'm definitely a snob when it comes to visual style!

I played games that looked like this nearly 40 years ago:

1635053318183.png

I've paid my dues on games that look crap ;)

I'm sure if I hadn't played the original GTAs I'd be a lot more interested (despite how they look now), but I played them at the time, loved them, they hold a fond memory. Don't see the need to revisit :)

Just play the classics/original.. No need to pay for the Remaster... (Just my opinion, no offense).. Take Two stopped and sued modders who did fixed many aspects of the original games with many mods and now why they sued.. Because they need to remaster it officially at some point and milk the fanbase more... and that is happening now....

I’m in. I’ve not played these games since the original PS2 days so this is the perfect time jump back in. The touch ups look fine to me. But judging by the responses on my timeline, it is another game where people might be disappointed that others are choosing to spend their money on it.

I remember picking up GTA3 having minimal expectations. I didn’t really know much about it other than looking at the box on the shop shelf. I played the original GTA games so I knew what it was, I just hadn’t seen anything pre release. What a game it was! I’m sure all of us just found the fast cars and went on a rampage Within 10 mins of playing.

Vice City was different. We all knew about this one pre launch. A mate of mine walked out on his job when he got the word that I had Vice City, haha. We still talk about this between my group of mates. Good times.

Yeah, Im with all the disappointed people.
It looks like they slapped some filter, wrapped it together and selling it as new game again.
Looks bad. And it really annoys me how big companies keep trying to milk people. Especially rockstar went from one of the best studios to an absolute farmers, milking last GTA for 10 years now. Fuck them.
I do agree about the milking GTA bit, mate. I was disappointed that they never released any new offline content for GTAV. Unlike GTA4 which had TBOGT and The Lost & Damned. The trilogy could and should have been so much better. In part i am happy to revisit it all and also play vice city which i never did before. I remember seeing a fan made video a few years ago, i am sure if it were like this more people would be on board......

Last edited:
Here's a thing, having looked at that video i just posted, i am starting to wonder if it was fan made or leaked but covered up.

It's strange how the title is correct and the characters seem a similar low poly type.

Also the release date would maybe suggest they decided after to add the other two games as a trilogy and pulled the release date (also all things being covid).

I could be totally wrong, (its not unusual) but it does give me food for thought. The only other thing is surely Rockstar would have taken the video down. I don't know, maybe it's wishful thinking on my part.

Because I've watched these videos, I'm getting all kinds of videos pushed to me in my YouTube timeline about disagreements with the voice talent etc. and it's pretty fascinating!

Really enjoyed this one:

(For the bits about how Ray Liotta's sessions differed in intensity, all I'm hearing is "some days he was on cocaine, other days he wasn't"...)

To me, it's a total mockery.
First, GTA 5 on PS3, then on PS4, now on PS5/X and S (less good than with mods on PC, nothing different) now a "remaster" with a simple filter cartoon, OST lost (like Billie Jeans and some others probably), and a RDR2 more or less acceptable but many people complaining, well nothing really productive since GTA 5.
Rockstar as turned in lazy money maker and releasing stuffs for cash-cows since GTA 5.
Unacceptable. 15 euros maximum for that stuff.

I was lucky enough to play these when they were first released, otherwise looking at the cartoony shite it wouldn't entice me personally to play them.

But I am glad that they are remastering them, so kids today can play them.
Vice City was still the best for me, I just didn't really get into San Andreas.

The price of the remasters though is a bit of an insult and just a cash grab by Rockstar - If they remastered the game in the GTA 5 / RD engine then the price would of been fully justified.
It is even worse given that they pulled all the old games from stores, so you can't even buy the originals anymore.

I was lucky enough to play these when they were first released, otherwise looking at the cartoony shite it wouldn't entice me personally to play them.

But I am glad that they are remastering them, so kids today can play them.
Vice City was still the best for me, I just didn't really get into San Andreas.

The price of the remasters though is a bit of an insult and just a cash grab by Rockstar - If they remastered the game in the GTA 5 / RD engine then the price would of been fully justified.
It is even worse given that they pulled all the old games from stores, so you can't even buy the originals anymore.
The game was already cartoony... but 20 years ago wasn't graphically beautiful.... so i don't see the problem the game is polished and its beautiful the problems is that we the 40 and 30 around that can't understand why... is the game looking like this.. if the tribology of Grand theft auto was made in 2020 it would look like this

I played all of them when they were released.
Vice city was great, as I'm a big fan of Miami vice.
But i really liked San Andreas, being able to change your clothes, haircut, get tattoos and work out.
What a great experience that was, I was always playing them with my mates.

That being said, I agree with other that in it's not worth the current price.

The game was already cartoony... but 20 years ago wasn't graphically beautiful.... so i don't see the problem the game is polished and its beautiful the problems is that we the 40 and 30 around that can't understand why... is the game looking like this.. if the tribology of Grand theft auto was made in 2020 it would look like this

I remember playing GTA Vice City original and San Andreas in the time they launched, and we were all amazed by its graphics

I played all of them when they were released.
Vice city was great, as I'm a big fan of Miami vice.
But i really liked San Andreas, being able to change your clothes, haircut, get tattoos and work out.
What a great experience that was, I was always playing them with my mates.

That being said, I agree with other that in it's not worth the current price.
If you have Game Pass, San Andreas is on there from launch.

PC Specs released:-

You do not need even remotely a good machine.

306b27c8-caef-4a95-a589-d971f4f4a9bf.png

Back
Top Bottom