Grand Theft Auto: Definitive Editions [PC/PS5/XBS]

@bsmaff @Placebo Do you guys really think that the system requirements is very low since you own some gigantic high tier PC? There are many people who have budget friendly PCs unlike you high tier gaming fellas. For me, this is still heavy.. @Placebo Don't even compare a GTX 760 with Mobile gaming. 🤦‍♂️ GTX 760 is more than that... Atleast from a budget gamer perspective.. No offense to all richie boys out there in any means though.

@bsmaff @Placebo Do you guys really think that the system requirements is very low since you own some gigantic high tier PC? There are many people who have budget friendly PCs unlike you high tier gaming fellas. For me, this is still heavy.. @Placebo Don't even compare a GTX 760 with Mobile gaming. 🤦‍♂️ GTX 760 is more than that... Atleast from a budget gamer perspective.. No offense to all richie boys out there in any means though.

You being serious?
I don't know whether this is a joke or not..

The PC specs are incredibly low.
You only need a 10 year old processor and a MID Range GPU from 8 years ago.
I haven't seen a PC game need such low specs in a very long time, without it being an Indie game - And this is not an Indie game as they are charging AAA price.

The average PC according to Steam in September 2021 is way more than the requirement.
Intel CPU - But doesn't list spec.
Nvidia 1060/1660Ti/2060 are most popular cards - Way above recommended spec.
16GB RAM
Windows 10

Less than 3% of users on Steam are unable to run the game, but I would guess that those people use their laptops and Steam for games like Banished and Among Us.

Last edited:
You being serious?
I don't know whether this is a joke or not..

The PC specs are incredibly low.
You only need a 10 year old processor and a MID Range GPU from 8 years ago.
I haven't seen a PC game need such low specs in a very long time, without it being an Indie game - And this is not an Indie game as they are charging AAA price.

The average PC according to Steam in September 2021 is way more than the requirement.
Intel CPU - But doesn't list spec.
Nvidia 1060/1660Ti/2060 are most popular cards - Way above recommended spec.
16GB RAM
Windows 10

Less than 3% of users on Steam are unable to run the game, but I would guess that those people use their laptops and Steam for games like Banished and Among Us.
First, read what I said mate. I know these years, the system requirements of many games are always like newer CPUs and GPUs required. It's okay. It's not about the system requirement you're mentioning. It's about many other users who are poor and owned budget CPUs and GPUs unlike you guys. Do you really think GTX 760 is a joke? It still kicks in. It was the upper mid range card when it's released. My point is simple, for you guys who owned RTX or high tier PC, this system requirements are joke. But for others like who owned budget, low-mid range PCs, it's still heavy. No offense to anyone who owned High Tier PCs. I'm just saying the fact.

First, read what I said mate. I know these years, the system requirements of many games are always like newer CPUs and GPUs required. It's okay. It's not about the system requirement you're mentioning. It's about many other users who are poor and owned budget CPUs and GPUs unlike you guys. Do you really think GTX 760 is a joke? It still kicks in. It was the upper mid range card when it's released. My point is simple, for you guys who owned RTX or high tier PC, this system requirements are joke. But for others like who owned budget, low-mid range PCs, it's still heavy. No offense to anyone who owned High Tier PCs. I'm just saying the fact.

Yes but your saying it is fact??
But what facts you basing it on?

You have not come back with anything to back it up.
The GTA specs are the lowest specs I have seen in an incredibly long time, for a NON-INDIE game.

As I said only 3% of Steam users do not have the required spec for GTA - The large majority of users can easily play the game.
No matter what games are released there is always someone who can't play them, but 97% is an incredibly high number.

Yes but your saying it is fact??
But what facts you basing it on?

You have not come back with anything to back it up.
The GTA specs are the lowest specs I have seen in an incredibly long time, for a NON-INDIE game.

As I said only 3% of Steam users do not have the required spec for GTA - The large majority of users can easily play the game.
No matter what games are released there is always someone who can't play them, but 97% is an incredibly high number.
Man, I literally said, "Yeah, these days, sys requirements are usually need newer CPUs and GPUs" which means this GTA Trilogy is indeed on lower level. But it's not lower level for low end or budget gamers. That's my point.

Anyway, let's drop this discussion peacefully. I mean what I mean, but you didn't get it right.. Anyway, let's move on.

Man, I literally said, "Yeah, these days, sys requirements are usually need newer CPUs and GPUs" which means this GTA Trilogy is indeed on lower level. But it's not lower level for low end or budget gamers. That's my point.

Anyway, let's drop this discussion peacefully. I mean what I mean, but you didn't get it right.. Anyway, let's move on.

I only stated you to back it up with statistics.
It is lower end even for budget gamers - Budget gamers game on the 1050Ti or 1660Ti - These are budget cards - The majority of Steam use these cards.

I don't know anyone or heard of anyone using a 760 for a few years, only 0.25% of people on Steam use a 760 and about 3% with something worse - Which is also mainly only built in GPU's on laptops.

I only stated you to back it up with statistics.
It is lower end even for budget gamers - Budget gamers game on the 1050Ti or 1660Ti - These are budget cards - The majority of Steam use these cards.

I don't know anyone or heard of anyone using a 760 for a few years, even Steam 0.25% of people on Steam use a 760.
For your information, GTX 760 is almost equivalent to GTX 1050ti and equivalent to GTX 1050. As a GT 1030 owner, I know that there are many PC users are still using some low end budget cards because of their situation. Also 1660Ti isn't budget friendly. It is a mid range card. It costs over 20,000 Rs in India which is definitely ain't budget friendly here. I know budget gamers frustration very well mate. Since you owned RTX cards, you don't know how it feels and I'm not blaming you though, it's not your problem. You have money, you're enjoying, good luck with that. Seriously. I'm just trying to explain it.

Seeing the trailer for this made me start up GTA IV again, on the Xbox Series X (with the added bonus of a constant 60fps).

I'd forgotten how much I loved it. It does pale in comparison to GTA V in terms of, well, everything (graphics, content, scale)... but I much prefer the stories (in the main game and the DLC), and the characters.

I've managed to finish the main campaign and The Lost and The Damned DLC - just need to finish The Ballad of Gay Tony DLC. So that's me happily busy for a week or two...

Seeing the trailer for this made me start up GTA IV again, on the Xbox Series X (with the added bonus of a constant 60fps).

I'd forgotten how much I loved it. It does pale in comparison to GTA V in terms of, well, everything (graphics, content, scale)... but I much prefer the stories (in the main game and the DLC), and the characters.

I've managed to finish the main campaign and The Lost and The Damned DLC - just need to finish The Ballad of Gay Tony DLC. So that's me happily busy for a week or two...
Yeah man. GTA IV was a great game of course. More offline contents and offline DLCs like TLAD and TBGT than GTA V, nice physics and many interesting stuffs. Only downside is it's optimization on PC. Enjoy the game on XBSX mate. I wish I have one XBSX or PS5.. :(

It's a fantastic game and does actually hold up really well with the highest settings, However I'm surprised that, in a culture of developers remastering and re-releasing titles from the 7th generation of consoles, That Rockstar didn't make a quick buck and restore GTA IV for the current gen as the only way to replay this on consoles (unless you're on a Series X) is to play it on PS3 which looks terrible and Xbox 360.

Still, Surprised it took this long for them to do a definitive remaster for the original trilogy and there was clearly a demand for it. First time in a long time i've been excited about a remaster. The challenge does lay in Rockstar re-balancing the game with the apparent GTA V style controls. I hope the gunplay and AI combat and capabilities improve to counter this.

It's a fantastic game and does actually hold up really well with the highest settings, However I'm surprised that, in a culture of developers remastering and re-releasing titles from the 7th generation of consoles, That Rockstar didn't make a quick buck and restore GTA IV for the current gen as the only way to replay this on consoles (unless you're on a Series X) is to play it on PS3 which looks terrible and Xbox 360.

Still, Surprised it took this long for them to do a definitive remaster for the original trilogy and there was clearly a demand for it. First time in a long time i've been excited about a remaster. The challenge does lay in Rockstar re-balancing the game with the apparent GTA V style controls. I hope the gunplay and AI combat and capabilities improve to counter this.

TBH, I think you don't need to remake games from the PS3 era onwards.
Graphically from the PS3 era, I don't think things have improved a massive deal - Not the massive generational leaps you had from PS1 --> PS2 ----> PS3.

It is only really PS2 and PS1 games which look like absolute garbage today.
I still play a few emulated games, and TBH the 2D games on the Amiga hold up so much better than early 3D games.

saw the price of 60 euros, rockstar are taking the piss
The remake well, i can accept that it's not a super remastered Trilogy. But at that price we should have something much more reworked.
That's the reason i'll be hard with them.
Please it's PS2 games with a cartoon filter, and not even the full original OST, some big tracks missing.
60 euros, not even the half to me. 19.99 i would reconsider it, personally i feel like they're fooling with people's nostalgia.

Driving is so much better in 4 ,maybe because I always drive with "cock pit" cam.
Loved 4 ,played it twice

I'm surprised they didn't do a refurbished version of it ,like they did with Red dead on xb1 and scaled it up to 4k.
I can still play the 360 version (GTA 4 ) on my xb1 with ok looks.
Looks terrible on the 360 though

Yeah the features lack but the overall game was so much more fun compared to V.

I tried to play V when they made it free on EGS, played for an hour, got bored and uninstalled.

Sure I wrote a song called the ballad of gay Chris.

It would be awesome if they re-release or remaster GTA IV for Next-Gen Consoles and especially PCs because of the poor optimization port that we have currently on PC..

Oh yes!
I remember when GTA IV came out! After GTA 3 it was mindblowing! Graphics, physics, story...
I also enjoyed TBGT and The lost and damned!
GTA V is good too, but I always preferred the car physics of GTA IV over GTA V.

I´m happy for the remastered trilogy, since GTA San Andreas is the only GTA, I haven´t finished.

San Andreas got the best town to me. But i don't think the best story, neither i remember the different option vs Vice City like i don't remember neither any stories from PS2 versions. Some missions, vaguely.

Back
Top Bottom