GERMANY Schönheit und Effizienz

Re: Germany - Schönheit und Effizienz

Yep.

And that season with him and Ivan Klasnic as striker partners in a good Werder Bremen team.... damn.. still unforgettable!

One of the best ever headers/jumpers as well! Dude was like a helicopter in his prime!

guess he says he fears sami won't make it to the finals. he's every right to comment on these situations whether it's optimistic or pessimistic, though. you know, the man was made of steel. even acl tear and achilles' tear couldn't have stopped him in his thirties. he's seen it all.

sorry to hear about sami. let's hope he'll make it in time for the world cup, although it doesn't look good from what i hear.

and just let me say, it is an absolute joy to watch this germany team playing. usually i'm not much into national teams football, as the average quality\tactical sophistication is far below club football....
...but this germany team is just something else!

hopefully this germany team will win a major competition before this cycle is over..... coz they sure deserve it!

i'm not quite sure about this experimental lineup, with gotze as a false 9. the team was very "easy on the eye", but i feel it lacked a bit of punch (although one might say the 3 bars u hitted would prove otherwise :P )

any news about badstuber?

yes germany will win it, just without Löw on the team

We won't win it. Not with this team and this coach. And the location. If the tournament would take place somewhere in Europe I'd see a small chance, but not in South America. I still say Brazil will make it.

Last edited:

We won't it. Not with this team and this coach. And the location. If the tournament would take place somewhere in Europe I'd see a small chance, but not in South America. I still say Brazil will make it.
That starting eleven at the general rehearsal proves it again.

Weidenfeller - Boateng, Mertesacker, Hummels, Höwedes - Khedira, Lahm - Schürrle, Kroos, Reus - Müller

We have two great full backs, but Löw plays with two bungler centre backs there who aren't able to give one cross. Especially Höwedes, how on earth could Höwedes play Left Back :PIG:

Yup, completely agree.

The whole line-up is far from being our best possible eleven.

450185746-marco-reus-of-germany-lies-injured-on-the-gettyimages.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc&feature=kp

I wonder if Germany has a fix formula. I think flooding the middle is a good plan to play in the heat of S. America. Germany are so talented scoring goals won`t be the problem.

This match totally proved it again, we are 200 times better with Klose up front, he creates so much rooms for other players.

imo the only german in this squad other than klose who can effectively play as an out and out striker is reus. müller and götze never impressed me for once playing as the "false 9" crap for bayern. they're fantastic for their own positions but klose is the man for that position. injury stay away!

so this will be the first XI in the finals?

------------------- neuer
boateng --- merte -- hummels --- höwedes/gkreutz
------------- lahm ---- schweini
---- müller ------- özil ---------- podolski
------------------- klose

so this will be the first XI in the finals?

------------------- neuer
boateng --- merte -- hummels --- höwedes/gkreutz
------------- lahm ---- schweini
---- müller ------- özil ---------- podolski
------------------- klose
Khedira will start instead of Schweinsteiger and it's between Höwedes and Durm on left back, Großkreutz is right back replacement. Sadly I see Löw to start with Müller instead of Klose up front, with Schürrle or Götze on the right wing and maybe Kroos instead of Özil.

i gotta say i find theese posts of yours quite worrying guys.... having a chance to watch germany playing was one of the main reasons i was looking forward to the world cup. :))

your team has been such a pleasure to watch over the last few years. however i'm not really updated when it comes to national teams football, because i only follow it during the major competitions (world cup, euro, confederations cup and so on.... i don't really pay any attention to friendlies and qualifying stages).
the last time i saw germany nt was during euro 2012, and that team was a most beautiful representation of vertical football.... but now i hear u guys talking about "false 9". i don't really like the sound of that, but hopefully i'm wrong.

and how come u think khedira will start ahead of Schweinsteiger? is bastian injured? coz that doesn't sound good either.

Last edited:

It's interesting how Löw doesn't even see Höwedes as a central defender. I remember reading an interview some days ago or last week where Löw was calling him a full back. Has he even played a single game as central defender for Germany?

and how come u think khedira will start ahead of Schweinsteiger? is bastian injured? coz that doesn't sound good either.
No Schweinsteiger is fit again but Khedira is vital for us, we need that kind of player to get more strength in mifield. Lahm is a definitive starter and will play in mifield, so that leaves one left position in central defensive midfield and most likely Khedira will take that position.

Imo that would be one of the few right decisions by Löw, Khedira is not replaceable in mifield, he must start and Schweinsteiger had poor form in the national team recently, he doesn't deserve to start.

If the decision would be up to me, I would play like this:

Neuer - Lahm, Mertesacker, Hummels, Durm - Kramer, Khedira - Müller, Özil, Podolski - Klose

No Schweinsteiger is fit again but Khedira is vital for us, we need that kind of player to get more strength in mifield. Lahm is a definitive starter and will play in mifield, so that leaves one left position in central defensive midfield and most likely Khedira will take that position.

Imo that would be one of the few right decisions by Löw, Khedira is not replaceable in mifield, he must start and Schweinsteiger had poor form in the national team recently, he doesn't deserve to start.

Neuer - Lahm, Mertesacker, Hummels, Durm - Kramer, Khedira - Müller, Özil, Podolski - Klose

i see, thanks for the insight, mate :))

Disagree with that, Schweinsteiger is always the leader when playing, he's my sole hope in the team to push them forward.

Agree, would only change Schweinsteiger for Kramer and Boateng for Durm or Mertesacker.

Disagree with that, Schweinsteiger is always the leader when playing, he's my sole hope in the team to push them forward.
Schweinsteiger was a leader but not at the moment. He is on a very poor run for Germany since Euro 2012. He looked shaky in midfield with a lot of missplaced passes which lead to counter attack goals. Klose and Mertesacker are the leaders for us today.

Lukas, his holiness Prinz Poldi, with his promised selfie from behind the curtain. :LOL:

10453350_921215501223100_2832118438738145250_n.jpg

Muller has 8 goals in 16 shoots on goal in his world cup matches so far..

that´s a great effizienz :)

Back
Top Bottom