07 Bastian Schweinsteiger (FC Bayern)
08 Mesut Özil (Real Madrid)
09 André Schürrle (Bayer Leverkusen)
10 Lukas Podolski (1.FC Köln)
13 Thomas Müller (FC Bayern)
15 Lars Bender (Bayer Leverkusen)
18 Toni Kroos (FC Bayern)
19 Mario Götze (Borussia Dortmund)
21 Marco Reus (Borussia Mönchengladbach)

Strikers
11 Miroslav Klose (Lazio Rom)
23 Mario Gomez (FC Bayern)

Manager: Joachim Löw

Friendly Match
26.05. Switzerland v Germany 5-3 (2-1)
31.05. Germany v Israel 2-0 (1-0)

EURO 2012 - Group B
09.06. Germany v Portugal
13.06. Netherlands v Germany
17.06. Denmark v Germany

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Germany - Schönheit und Effizienz

my favourites to win the cup, great team to watch playing..

even just reading that squad list is enough to get u fired up. can't wait to see them playing.
what do u guys reckon will be the starting formation? i haven't seen germany playing in quite a while, so i'm not really updated. :))

guess the lineup is very likely to be something like that.

gk neuer
rb boateng/höwedes (boateng is löw's first choice I guess but it's 50-50 imo as höwedes got more playing time in qualifiers)
cb hummels/mertesacker (merte's been very unreliable lately)
cb badstuber
lb lahm
dmf's khedira, shweinsteiger/kroos (if schweini can't get fit enough)
amf's müller, özil, podolski
st gomez (klose just didn't look fit against Swiss)

I think Klose will be the first choice of Löw instead of Gomez, because Klose played very well on international competitions, he´s also a teamplayer, Gomez more a static center-forward

I think Hummels will play because Mertesacker just came back from injury.

Amazing squad, every position has a fantastic player and a fanatastic backup too.

my prediction:

--------------------- Alter -------------------

Lahm -- Hummels ---- Badstuber -- Schmelzer

------- Schweinsteiger -- Khedira ---------

-- Reus ----------- Ozil ---------- Podolski

------------------ Gomez -------------------

Some interesting choices mate, like Lahm as RB? Don't think that will happen, think he'll just play LB with Boateng or Höwedes as RB.
Also think Reus won't play in the starting 11 either. It'll be Götze or Müller on that position.

my prediction:

--------------------- Alter -------------------

------- Schweinsteiger -- Khedira ---------

-- Reus ----------- Ozil ---------- Podolski

I laughed.

:D

didn´t Lahm play RB for Germany in past?

Yes, also at Bayern when they didn't have a proper RB, but he prefers the LB position.

yes, pipa, lahm played the whole 2010 world cup as rb but just can't remember him playing there since the beginning of the euro qualifiers or so.

I think Boateng will play RB and Lahm LB. Schmelzer is not that good to play for one of both.

So, my prediction is:

------------------------ Neuer ------------------------

-- Boateng -- Hummels ---- Badstuber -- Lahm --

------------ Schweinsteiger -- Khedira --------------

-- Muller -------------- Ozil -------------- Podolski --

------------------------ Klose ------------------------

I have the same prediction as you bayern93, it would make the most sense.

:D

--------------- Neuer -------------------

--------- Khedira -- Schweinsteiger ---------

-- Müller -------- Özil ---------- Götze

I think Boateng will play RB and Lahm LB. Schmelzer is not that good to play for one of both.

So, my prediction is:

------------------------ Neuer ------------------------

-- Boateng -- Hummels ---- Badstuber -- Lahm --

------------ Schweinsteiger -- Khedira --------------

-- Müller -------------- Ozil -------------- Podolski --

------------------------ Klose ------------------------

Change Klose to Gomez and I completely agree with you. Klose and Schürrle can enter the pitch as joker and still score their goals, but I see Podolski and Gomez still in front.

But seeing the last two games makes me really wonder, if Löw will win the title as predicted by many. We aren't playing the nice and fast football we used to play last year against Brazil and the Netherlands, I saw it only once against Israel, but the match against Swiss was a disaster. Hopefully a win against Portugal in the first match will change this.

Starting Lineup for today:

Neuer - Lahm - Hummels - Badstuber - Boateng - Khedira - Schweinsteiger - Podolski - Müller - Özil - Gomez

What is all the announcements about during the game, the stadium announcer is saying something about cancelling the game? It seems like he said it every 10 mins

Well, these idiots are seemingly taken over the larger parts in German fan groups, hopefully this will stop soon.

@match: Title of the thread matches not completely, it wasn't a beautiful game, but an efficient one. There were some phases, where it was really boring, but the last twenty minutes were quite good from both teams with the better end for us, which wasn't unsatisfied, as Portugal wasn't dangerous over the whole time.

gomez-1339275491_zoom24_crop_800x600_800x600+39+13.jpg

Not beautiful. But that is enough. Now the Netherlands got a final against us.

Ronaldo as always against Germany very weak. Boateng has done a great job.

Our whole defence done very well. That is one thing that no one expected:

weak offence, strong defence.

But it was only 1 win. we need 5 more.

Great job guys! Although I agree with S-NipE, some moments of the match was actually pretty boring, but who said that they should be interesting? Three points, and then show already, especially, in such difficult group of death, as Group B. Good luck against the Dutch on June 13, kick their asses. :D

After looking shaky early on i was very impressed with Hummels. He really grew in confidence and was quite cavalier at times going forward spreading passes around. Looked like a guy who just finished a succesful double season and not the CB who looked inept Vs Switzerland.

He and Badstuber have the "potential" to grow into a strong CB partnership but in all honesty it's only 1 game. Boateng played well and never got tricked to much but Lahm was a bit dissapointing going forward. What i liked was that they looked patient in possession. When Portugal had men behind the ball there was no panic but more passes to open up the space.

I would have brought Schurrle or Gotze on earlier for Podolski as he never looked at his best, Gomez did what he had to do and score when the eyes were on him. Also nice to know Klose is getting fitter so there isn't really a better front pairing you'd have in the EURO's currently.

The Dutch will have to come at Germany now and will be more open than the Portuguese were so they "should" get by that one.

The thing about the Dutch is if you remove Sneijder, RVP and Robben who else really strikes fear into you? they just look ordinary without them and i think Jorgi will tell them to target Vlaar(i would) :)

yup. hummels was absolutely brilliant. not that it should come across as a big news anyway ;)
i also was very impressed with boateng. as soon as i realised he was being matched up against ronaldo, i was sure he would have lost his coolness and composure (wich aren't exactly jerome's best assets), and yet he didn't. impressive

Last edited:

Yeah now it will be hard to see Mertesacker back as starter, Mats did very well.

The thing about the Dutch is if you remove Sneijder, RVP and Robben who else really strikes fear into you? they just look ordinary without them and i think Jorgi will tell them to target Vlaar(i would) :)
I won't forget VdV and the Hunter, however yesterday RvP looked very ordinary, so expect a hunger game or another disaster one.

And some people both in the German world and across the globe continue to criticize poor Gomez denying him of his Super Mario-ness! :P lol

Back
Top Bottom