[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

Ive been playing a lot of Metro Exodus lately, and im insanely hooked on myleague with not one 2k but with a bunch of them.
got careers going on 2k15-16-17 and some casual gaming on 2k19 and 20, but mainly playing my 2k16 ,3 seasons in with The Pistons and one season in on both 15-17.
Just realised i have way to many games installed atm
MyLeague/MyNBA is still the best offline franchise mode of any sports videogame with The Show franchise coming 2nd. The solid foundations of this mode were built early so 2K didn't have time to ruin it.

MyLeague/MyNBA is still the best offline franchise mode of any sports videogame with The Show franchise coming 2nd. The solid foundations of this mode were built early so 2K didn't have time to ruin it.
It is, its so deep and fun.
Wish i knew Baseball the way i know Basketball, if so, id play MLB as much as 2k.
Thank god for that buddy, the way 2k is treating its customers nowadays with MYteam and vc scam is horrible.
Im just glad i have all the good games on xbox and pc and not really feeling the need for newer ones atm.
Still, a dream would be 2k Euroleague/World championship game.
If youre into 2k games (im sure you have checked this site out) this forum/community is awesome https://www.nba-live.com/

It is, its so deep and fun.
Wish i knew Baseball the way i know Basketball, if so, id play MLB as much as 2k.
Thank god for that buddy, the way 2k is treating its customers nowadays with MYteam and vc scam is horrible.
Im just glad i have all the good games on xbox and pc and not really feeling the need for newer ones atm.
Still, a dream would be 2k Euroleague/World championship game.
If youre into 2k games (im sure you have checked this site out) this forum/community is awesome https://www.nba-live.com/
I've been a member there for many many years mate. I'm in the old generation, a few got jobs in 2K also. You can check the Euroleague/National teams projects if you're on PC.

I've been a member there for many many years mate. I'm in the old generation, a few got jobs in 2K also. You can check the Euroleague/National teams projects if you're on PC.
Ah, didn't know that, that's great.
Yeah I do play on pc as well, will have to check that out.
I've got the same nick there as here.
It's really a good community, would love more discussions around the games at times though.
Just DL the latest podcast and looking fw to hearing the topic of a smaller studio producing a no name/no licence basketball game, that's often the topic here when it comes to FIFA/PES discussions.

WWE2K24 on my series x, EA FC 24 on PC, Total War Saga Thrones of Britannia and HLL on PC too.

I've got Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth last week and I'm fully on it now. Masterpiece.
Installed again Total War: Rome II with all expansions last night so I might start it again tonight.

Restarted The Division
Yeah it's not bad at all. The gunfights are surprisingly tactical at times, with AI flanking, throwing grenades to get you out of the cover, suppressing and charging. I'm finding it challenging yet very addicting solo.

Yeah it's not bad at all. The gunfights are surprisingly tactical at times, with AI flanking, throwing grenades to get you out of the cover, suppressing and charging. I'm finding it challenging yet very addicting solo.
Its a tough game when solo, fun though.
Remember there's a shootout at a theatre/concert venue that is tough as hell.
Lovely game

Tbh, during all the easter week I've been playing some of this huge particular sandbox campaign from Total War Warhammer III called Immortal Empires:

Immortal Empires Campaign Trailer:

Map Overview:

At first I was nah, I'll not waste my pretious time on some LOTR "wanna be" fantasy like this, that will not be as good as TW mods about Middle Earth. Well shit, last few days played it for about 16 hours straight. Thousands of units with magic, blood, guts, explosions, sharp weapons, desmemberments and screams everywhere, guys like Satan... if that's not immersive I don't know what could be. All being expanded on a huge campaign map with all the biomes posible, where are present all the races from the past TW Warhammer Trilogy and also almost 300 factions. Oh my God, tomorrow I'll need to go to work, or I'll need to make a pact with the elves to conquer some new regions.

I'm so confused, and the plot thickens...

FIFA 16
Ghost Recon Wildlands

Legion Go has resuscitated my gaming.
Ohhh, Neville high pitch moan.

I don't have a Legoin Go, but I LOVE my PS Vita and I only got it few months back.

My two fave type of games there! And a fellow Spurs fan! I was there on Sat, right near the goal where Son scored. Was really depressed until Son saved the day. I don't go loads, so was pretty emotional experience.

Been playing WE2002.

You guys need to try this WE2002 with World Cup 98 teams. Bliss. He also has other World Cups.

Last edited:
As much as I want to play that, I have a feeling I will sacrifice my routine to complete that. It's been almost a year and it's just been installed on my laptop
Took me 2 years to start playing it, hated that snow mission, so i kept quitting it, the installed it on PC and it crashed...
Now I'm getting it done on Xbox again, fantastic game

As much as I want to play that, I have a feeling I will sacrifice my routine to complete that. It's been almost a year and it's just been installed on my laptop
Good game but overrated imo. The world is realistic but it's pretty empty unless you like random encounters here and there with some pointless activities like hunting. This game was screaming for expansions but Rockstar decided to milk the online part like GTA V. It's very good though if you stick with the story and treat it like a western sim.

TBH in RDR2 I thought some of the side missions and weird encounters were much better than the actual game.

I found RDR2 to become quite boring by the end with the constant samey missions - Ride somewhere meet someone ride somewhere shoot someone.

The random encounters really added much value to the game and turned the game from a 7/10 game to one of the best games I ever played.
Last year, I went through a lot of the random encounters on YouTube.

RDR2 is easily one of the top 5 games of all time - I preferred it to GTA5.

TBH in RDR2 I thought some of the side missions and weird encounters were much better than the actual game.

I found RDR2 to become quite boring by the end with the constant samey missions - Ride somewhere meet someone ride somewhere shoot someone.

The random encounters really added much value to the game and turned the game from a 7/10 game to one of the best games I ever played.
Last year, I went through a lot of the random encounters on YouTube.

RDR2 is easily one of the top 5 games of all time - I preferred it to GTA5.
That's my take as well, I'm not really doing much mission ATM, just out exploring/hunting etc and the random stuff/people you find is great

FC24 on the Legion Go with Anth's gameplay mod. Gamed every night for the last week or so. Most I've played since completing God of War. Still need to clock Ragnarok.

Being busy with kids, work etc, the Legion Go has been a difference maker. Any time I even felt like gaming on the PS5, by the time I'd turned it on, it had updated the system, control pads and game I simply couldn't be bothered anymore. Even sitting and looking at the TV is a lot of effort.

The handheld factor just makes gaming easier and more accessible for me. Battery life isn't the best but I only game indoors so doesn't affect me.

Spyro 2 Remastered after completing the first game last year. So chill to do single player gaming, not toxicly competitive online games.
This is done to 100%. Amazing game.
I'll take a break before Spyro 3. I would do some horror. Never player Resident Evil 7 and 8. The huge deviation from the classic recipe kept me away. But since they are quality games and inventory management and scare is still a thing i might give it a go. I know 8 is more action.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Started it out of boredom as it's in the gamepass. I didn't play any game of the series since the very first one and I really didn't expect to play more than 2 hours or so because of the same old Ubisoft formula. Well, for now I'm 10 hours in and still have fun. Let's see how long it will last.

Besides that I started The Quarry yesterday evening (also in the gamepass). Only one hour in but I like it.

And I tried NBA 2k24 (like I tried a lot of basketball games over the last years) but it's hopeless. I really want to be able to play it as an alternative to football and hockey games but I have so little clue about basketball that I simply can't get into it.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Started it out of boredom as it's in the gamepass. I didn't play any game of the series since the very first one and I really didn't expect to play more than 2 hours or so because of the same old Ubisoft formula. Well, for now I'm 10 hours in and still have fun. Let's see how long it will last.

Besides that I started The Quarry yesterday evening (also in the gamepass). Only one hour in but I like it.

And I tried NBA 2k24 (like I tried a lot of basketball games over the last years) but it's hopeless. I really want to be able to play it as an alternative to football and hockey games but I have so little clue about basketball that I simply can't get into it.
NBA2K is a difficult game for someone with limited basketball knowledge. Start with some exhibition games on Pro difficulty. Leave the sliders at default. Turn on real player %, the visual play court patterns and the call plays for defense and offense. Let the cpu do the subs etc. Try to follow the play patterns without watching the cpu AI players. If you're still struggling use the player lock either for a PG or SG.

I've been playing Mordhau over the weekend and it's fucking hilarious! I was in stitches constantly.

Console release went under the radar and player base is miniscule, despite cross play between Xbox and PS. I have seen around 30 people and Im starting to recognise them by names.

Real shame coz this game is ridiculously fun. If this and Chivalry 2 were first person shooters - Chivalry would be Call of Duty and Mordhau would be Hell Let Loose. It has a very deep combat (think less clunky, multiplayer Kingdom Come Deliverance) and steep learning curve, but at the same time it's absolutely hilarious.

Its 66% off on Playstation now, just over 10quid and for this price I can't recommend it enough.

I really hope the player base will grow, or that developers add it to gamepass, or PS Plus, coz it would be such shame if they just let the game like this die.

Brilliant.

I absolutely loved Mordhou when it came out years ago and was an absolute great laugh with mates, thought it was much better than Chivalry although both being very similar.

I didn't even know it was even out on console, knew Chivalry was released but didn't know about Mordhou.

I do remember it being great fun and once you got pretty good at it, the game was pretty rewarding.
But I could only imagine given it is so old the player base must be incredibly low these days.

Well it's not that old. 2019. Let's not go mental here. And console release was mid last year.
It's still a pretty new game that should have plenty of updates planned in the future.
Dayz is still alive, supported and kicking and console player base is just growing.

Back
Top Bottom