[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

All my life I was an offline player, but since I gathered a bunch of lads to game with - I just cant go back to offline since.
Played a bit of Horizon, Death Stranding, but at the back of my head I kept thinking "ah, I miss the craic with the lads"..
We're old farts, all have families, I dont know how much longer we'll have time to meet up, so I suppose I want to squeeze as much as I can. :LOL:
So we're back on the road, Red Dead Redemption Online now..
..and its feckin' hilarious!

Ps. Its one good thing that came from shambolic football games from last 2 years. If they werent so shite - I would never be desperate enough to even suggest my workmates to gather and play games together.. :LOL:

Think the biggest and toughest switch for me is passning,RB instead of a ne of the buttons.
I'd say I give this game 3/10,I hate it online,just like FIFA,super fast and made for offensive play (I'm playing R/LD online) and everything is made for Superfast builds etc.

If playing offline I still prefer my 19.

Surprisingly passing with R2/LB is ok for me. But slapshots are pretty much impossible. Will stick to skillstick for now but perhaps I'm gonna change back to hybrid later. I play offline only and don't use the manual line change, so personally I don't see too much advantages in the skillstick controls for me.

Surprisingly passing with R2/LB is ok for me. But slapshots are pretty much impossible. Will stick to skillstick for now but perhaps I'm gonna change back to hybrid later. I play offline only and don't use the manual line change, so personally I don't see too much advantages in the skillstick controls for me.
All the way Up to 19,if you played hybrid you couldn't change line manually,but both on 20 and 21 you can,so If I play franchise I use it,getting good ice time for your top players is pretty crucial.
I'm still mostly on hybrid,don't really see the advantage with skill stick.
It's a different ball game (pun intended) using sticks on 2k,,much more organic on that game

Kingdome Come
Mafia 2&3
Rime
FIFA 17
Metro Exodus

Hi mate, hope you & your family are all well & good :))

Just did a search for info about this game & came across your post. I have got metro exodus as a freebie on epic, but was wondering is it worth installing?

OOPS! sorry my bad its Metro last Light redux. Still if anyone has played it, is it any good. Trailer on epic doesnt look too bad.

Last edited:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/nba-2k20/id1471692155
NBA2k20 in the apple app store got a sales price now (dollar 1,99)! i am not a mobile gamer but this game really is bringing some console vibes on my iPad Pro. playing this with a DS4 is really nice. no microtransactions, story mode and more...
i could see me playing this on the train or a flight.

edit: had an eye on that game since i found out about the title (and its pros) by the end of last year. on my birthday the pice dropped! :D

Last edited:
Hi mate, hope you & your family are all well & good :))

Just did a search for info about this game & came across your post. I have got metro exodus as a freebie on epic, but was wondering is it worth installing?

OOPS! sorry my bad its Metro last Light redux. Still if anyone has played it, is it any good. Trailer on epic doesnt look too bad.
Hey buddy,I like the metro games a lot.
Well worth to install them.
The Exodus stands out a bit from the other ones since it's both underground/indoor and a very adventure outside in a nuclear wasteland.

Hey buddy,I like the metro games a lot.
Well worth to install them.
The Exodus stands out a bit from the other ones since it's both underground/indoor and a very adventure outside in a nuclear wasteland.

Thanks for that mate, i have never come across the metro games before. I will be giving this a blast later :TU:

Valhalla, with a bit of Madden. I've tried to. Get into PES, but it's not happening. My ML is too easy on Superstar, but too infuriating on Legend.

I've also downloaded a couple of freebies on PSN in The Last Guardian (think that's the name) and Control. Also downloaded Maneater, played a wee bit of it but it does seem a tad daft.

FD

Hmm,some retro gaming,NBA 2k12,but mainly 2k16,best 2k out there.
Been enjoying my Denver Nuggets myleague,I'm 8-15 on that,looking to bring in some free agents to tighten the roster up

Been watching History channel "Alone" last two weeks, or so. Great show, perfect fit for pandemic lockdown, to see how isolation and being in one spot fucks you up..

Anyway - watching it pushed me back towards survival games again.
Its kinda hard for me to go back to "normal" ones when you played them for a while.
They feel shallow. Things like hunger, thirst, complex crafting - I miss them in every game I go to.

Was hoping Red Dead will be a nice middle ground, but survival elements are nowhere near enough to where id like them to be. Some hardcore mode would be nice there.

Anyway - wanted to play some survival game and got myself The Long Dark.
Quite impressed, especially since it went completely under my radar. Very difficult also. Weather elements are lethal. Lovely setting, great music and a real feeling of isolation.
Would like to see more animations instead of timer going every time you craft or do something and would like to go from indoors to outdoors without loading screen, but this and Dayz should keep me going on the survival front until Green Hell finally comes to consoles.

Reactions: Tom
Been watching History channel "Alone" last two weeks, or so. Great show, perfect fit for pandemic lockdown, to see how isolation and being in one spot fucks you up..

Anyway - watching it pushed me back towards survival games again.
Its kinda hard for me to go back to "normal" ones when you played them for a while.
They feel shallow. Things like hunger, thirst, complex crafting - I miss them in every game I go to.

Was hoping Red Dead will be a nice middle ground, but survival elements are nowhere near enough to where id like them to be. Some hardcore mode would be nice there.

Anyway - wanted to play some survival game and got myself The Long Dark.
Quite impressed, especially since it went completely under my radar. Very difficult also. Weather elements are lethal. Lovely setting, great music and a real feeling of isolation.
Would like to see more animations instead of timer going every time you craft or do something and would like to go from indoors to outdoors without loading screen, but this and Dayz should keep me going on the survival front until Green Hell finally comes to consoles.
The new Alone is so god damn brutal (old one wasnt a picnic either) but the fact that the last one doesn't get noticed that he's the last one left or that he has won,until he taps out.
Man...

Skyrim and 2k17 for me (and 2k21)

Green Hell is great. I feel it could be so much better than what it currently is though with the building options etc. They're a bit limited still.

Green Hell is great. I feel it could be so much better than what it currently is though with the building options etc. They're a bit limited still.
All survival games have some issues.
Depending on your playstyle - its usually hard to find one that ticks all the boxes.

Stranded Deep - not enough threat. Very few dangerous animals. Gets boring quivk

Long Dark - brilliant, but loading screens and indoors/outdoors separation are driving me mad. It should be one, fluid world, where you can look through the window and see wolves. Not enter the house and be completely disconnected from outside.

Ark - way too much grinding, which after a while just gets exhausting.

The Forest - constant cannibals/mutants spawns which eventually turns into castle defense. Cant go to chop a tree without being attacked. (Having said that - I just discovered that you can enter a cheat code, where cannibals and mutants are not on the surface during the day and only come out at night.) Might be a nice middle ground, where you can still hunt/build/explore during the day and fight for your life when the night comes.

Dayz - lot of bugs, as we all know, but they dont bother me personally. I just need primitive crafted weapons to come back. I want a spear and a bow, so I can live off the grid and hunt without letting all the psychos know that im there.

I just wish Green Hell had dedicated servers. Its the same story as The Forest. Once host is offline - friends cant play. And with work/family its very difficult to find a window where I can continue my journey with few mates. So it basically forces me to go solo.

There's another one on the way as well that looks incredible, but its been a long time since I heard any updates on this

The best survival game I have played in a long time is Valheim.
The game is so well polished for early access and the amount of content and different Biome's in the game it is easily one / if not the best PVE survival game available at the moment + has the best building mechanics of any survival game.

I think Emroth has pretty much summed up a very select few of some of the survival games out there.
DayZ, TBH is a must play - Yes it is buggy and not as good as the Arma 2 DayZ Epoch mod which was the most played version during the massive hype around the game about 8/9 years ago.
But with the right MODS it is a decent game, the Vanilla is pretty average and definetely best to avoid Vanilla servers, also the Namalsk map is now available, so DayZ is well worth a look.

There are a few others like Conan which is OK, but nothing special.

But there are so many survival games available, which I have tried, I have just forgotten pretty much all of them.

DayZ, TBH is a must play - Yes it is buggy and not as good as the Arma 2 DayZ Epoch mod which was the most played version during the massive hype around the game about 8/9 years ago.
But with the right MODS it is a decent game,
Id go even further. Im on the console, so mods are basically non-existent.
I used to run my own server and modified it as much as I could on PS4. I re-ballanced whole loot, added custom spawn point with NPC's, custom buildings, plane crashes and zombie hordes. I had random animals in towns and zombie hordes spawning in all sorts of places - even in the middle of the forests, so you never felt safe. But there was not much else I could do there on the console.

Having said that - even vanilla Dayz is definetely worth checking out. Its a very deep and complex game and one of the best survival games I have ever played.

Unfortunately Valheim is not on the console, but I hope that huge success will push them towards console release.

Id go even further. Im on the console, so mods are basically non-existent.
I used to run my own server and modified it as much as I could on PS4. I re-ballanced whole loot, added custom spawn point with NPC's, custom buildings, plane crashes and zombie hordes. I had random animals in towns and zombie hordes spawning in all sorts of places - even in the middle of the forests, so you never felt safe. But there was not much else I could do there on the console.

Having said that - even vanilla Dayz is definetely worth checking out. Its a very deep and complex game and one of the best survival games I have ever played.

Unfortunately Valheim is not on the console, but I hope that huge success will push them towards console release.

Valheim is probably the best survival game I have played.
It is so well structured in having to start with clubs and then going from one Biome to the next and having to massively upgrade your equipment to survive each different biome.
But it isn't just the different biomes which make the game great, it has easily the best building elements to a survival game I have ever played.
I am not sure if it would ever see light of day on console, the game only just released early access and they are adding so much already this year, so will be years before it is even out of early access and when that happens it may get ported to consoles.

I also have not played DayZ vanilla for a very long time.
I have 7 mods running on my server, along with custom loot tables and many other customisations to the game.
But the main thing for me was the release of Namalsk, which was by far the best map which was available for the original mod.

Anno 1800, a little bit and last time with this Pes2021 and Hitman III 2021.

I need to get back to Anno 1800. Can never make it past the 3- 4th citizen category. I give them beer and sausage tho... So they're happy.

For now I'm back to unifying Poland in Crusader Kings 3, FM21 and some Division 2

I need to get back to Anno 1800. Can never make it past the 3- 4th citizen category. I give them beer and sausage tho... So they're happy.

For now I'm back to unifying Poland in Crusader Kings 3, FM21 and some Division 2
Yea, the endgame in Anno 1800 is more work then play a game. 🤭😬

Made a list of games I need to get back to and try to finish. I'll have a proper stab at each of them and either complete them (finally), or forget about them.
There's a lot in there, but im slowly tipping away.

1. Rdr2
2. Days Gone
3. Witcher 3
4. Death Stranding
5. AC Valhalla (not started)
6. Long Dark
7. Last of Us 2 (not started)
8. Ghost of Tsushima (not started)
9. Horizon Zero Dawn
10. Dragons Dogma

Last week I've been playing Rdr2 and went from 60% story completion to last part of epilogue, where I am now. Almost over now. And what a ride it was! Great game!
Days Gone next.

Made a list of games I need to get back to and try to finish. I'll have a proper stab at each of them and either complete them (finally), or forget about them.
There's a lot in there, but im slowly tipping away.

1. Rdr2

Last week I've been playing Rdr2 and went from 60% story completion to last part of epilogue, where I am now. Almost over now. And what a ride it was! Great game!
Days Gone next.

Im currently at 6-8% of the story, while I like it I cant seem to get the enthusiasm to load it up as I feel its a bit slow. Need to focus to see if I can get through it... just have limited time and seems it takes forever to get somewhere.
WIll try again tonight

Im currently at 6-8% of the story, while I like it I cant seem to get the enthusiasm to load it up as I feel its a bit slow. Need to focus to see if I can get through it... just have limited time and seems it takes forever to get somewhere.
WIll try again tonight
Its a weird one. Takes a long time to get going. But all characters build up pays off later on, where the whole crew are not just some NPC's in the background. Each has a story, motives and impact.
Its a slow burner but defo one worth sticking with. Second half was quite emotional journey, much more mature and thought out than first Red Dead Redemption IMO.

Totally invested in Persona 5 Royal, 85h and still going. Probably the best game I've played since Witcher 3 and What Remains Of Edith Finch.

2k21.
Lots of online park/rec/pro am with mates,and my Myleague campaign with The Knicks,which was restarted since the trade deadline the other day.

What else?
Some Skyrim,and some Empire of sin.
My backlog of games I want to get back to is insane atm.

Little nightmares 2.
Me and my kid played the first one on release,same with this one.
A couple of tough levels,but oh so good!
Love this game,also being produced 500 m away from us #buylocal

Does anyone play Out of the Park Baseball? It's like FM for Baseball, and the new one just dropped. I have never played it before, but heard all sorts of great things and bought it. I'd like to start out as a manager for my Detroit Tigers because I actually understand baseball, but will leave the GM stuff to the AI because I don't any of that other stuff.

I'm also a hockey fan and like the Franchise Hockey Manager game. Both have the ability to play historical seasons, which is actually more appealing to me than the current season. I wish FM had something like that, although I realize the database for that would be massive.

Back
Top Bottom