[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

Yeah it adds so much to the vibe. Im still learning it but once in a while just on a horse i activate the camera

I have to admit that so far its a slow burner. However I am interested in the story, but I can see how its slow to pick up ( the first chapter is just : walk there, press x, walk back). Plus the amount of things to do might seem overwhelming (shaving,hunting,herb picking,bounties,etc). But Im enjoying it and hope it doesnt drag on with meaningless filler. I liked AC: origins but once it got too long I needed to take a break. I dont like 60 hrs of game play just for the sake of 60 hrs of gameplay.

I do think apart from gameplay, the world and attention to detail is top notch.
I think it's the story that doesn't grab me.
Game looks awesome,feels awesome,but the story isn't gripping me at all.

Trying to get back to RDR2. I think I'm still quite early in the game, did a mistake and have a big bounty on my head in one region. I have the train heist mission and need to steal 2 wagons or something. I'm probably getting old but it's way too difficult. Need to infiltrate a private place alone with dozens of people and steal the wagon? Tried already 5 times, planning my approach etc. This game is too much of a Western simulation, I'm probably also playing on hard difficulty, 2 shots and I'm dead. Oh well.

Trying to get back to RDR2. I think I'm still quite early in the game, did a mistake and have a big bounty on my head in one region. I have the train heist mission and need to steal 2 wagons or something. I'm probably getting old but it's way too difficult. Need to infiltrate a private place alone with dozens of people and steal the wagon? Tried already 5 times, planning my approach etc. This game is too much of a Western simulation, I'm probably also playing on hard difficulty, 2 shots and I'm dead. Oh well.
Is it like, "All we had to do, was steal the damn wagon CJ..."?? :P

hm... cant remmeber having any probs... it played like a western movie! only when i tried stuff i wasnt supposed to... thats where it got ugly. sherrifs arrive, the town went crazy and i beserk! :D
i use the bullet time to my advantage... no difficulty settings in that game other than cheats, afaik!

still im hoping for a PS5 update (that probably will never come). just gimme some more frames and a bit more resolution, some AA...

edit: such a good game and what a world! i might install that again this week. maybe at least the loading times will profit.
you guys made me wanna go back! :D

Yes that's the one! 😄😄 Gave up and went to play some PGA 2k21 to relax..
a classic that makes me smile just thinking about it! :APPLAUD:

Last edited:
still im hoping for a PS5 update (that probably will never come). just gimme some more frames and a bit more resolution, some AA...

Didn't Rockstar already announce that GTA V and RDR2 were going to get next gen updates?

TBH I have played all 3 versions and the Xbox One X version looks incredibly good compared to the PC, and there doesn't look to be too much in it.
It is only the PS4 Pro version that looks awful, you can really see that the game isn't native 4k and the game uses lower res textures in certain scenes.

Didn't Rockstar already announce that GTA V and RDR2 were going to get next gen updates?

TBH I have played all 3 versions and the Xbox One X version looks incredibly good compared to the PC, and there doesn't look to be too much in it.
It is only the PS4 Pro version that looks awful, you can really see that the game isn't native 4k and the game uses lower res textures in certain scenes.
sure. AWFUL!! ;) the X rules! we know! master§23eä#+hüdjnqspfoi_b13ßr..... :LOL:

well, i did not hear anything regarding updates. they will probably bring a new version of the game and let people pay again. ^^ would be dick move but sony did the same with spiderman. i hope otherwise!

the majority dont "need" (or can afford, or is willing to buy at those prices, or cant get a card...)
native 4k, its been discussed before, you know the drill mr. 1% ;)... well, im talking console version anyway.

i wouldnt mind keeping the 1920x2160 res. and adding 4k textures and some other stuff like better AA or RT and such... thats where the honey is, imo.

you'll probably disagree here... and thats cool! 8k is just around the corner! you will be so happy mate!! ;)

Edit: had a reread, might came across grumpy. Sorry!

Last edited:
They have not announced anything as yet, just GTA V is getting a PS5 release - And no doubt Rockstar will release it as a £50 game rather than a free upgrade.
Reading briefly online, it would be worth playing RDR2 on PS5 compared to PS4 as they said it takes a whole minute of the loading times.

Last edited:
They have not announced anything as yet, just GTA V is getting a PS5 release - And no doubt Rockstar will release it as a £50 game rather than a free upgrade.
Reading briefly online, it would be worth playing RDR2 on PS5 compared to PS4 as they said it takes a whole minute of the loading times.
yeah, like 1/3 of the loading times compared to last gen consoles. thats for the initial load of the game, afair.

i've been gone from this game far to long... might kick myself to install it this week. once i'm sucked back into the world i'm pretty sure it wont disappoint!

Ugh got consumed again by the division 2 thanks to a boosted character so I didn't have to re-do the story. Looting to get that perfect gear % roll. Makes a difference short loading times (stadia vs my old ps4) to jump in and out of games/fast travel.

Have to get back to rdr2 and CK3.

Ugh got consumed again by the division 2 thanks to a boosted character so I didn't have to re-do the story. Looting to get that perfect gear % roll. Makes a difference short loading times (stadia vs my old ps4) to jump in and out of games/fast travel.

Have to get back to rdr2 and CK3.
How is CK3? Should I just go ahead and pull the trigger or CK2 still good enough?

How is CK3? Should I just go ahead and pull the trigger or CK2 still good enough?

I could never get into ck2. Ck3 had a better tutorialnwhich helped me get into it and lost a good 3 months of my life controlling incestuous, gluttonous , adulterous kings.
Most of what I've read I've read is that ck3 is an improved version of ck2 worth it. For sure the UI is an improvement. If you have gamepass you can give it a try. But personally I didnt play ck2

Started playing a couple of games the past couple of weeks, both on PC - I need to start that Ghosts of Shinobi soon, but just can't get excited about it.

First game is basically a BF clone, Hell Let Loose.
It removes the shitty elements of BF, by only allowing a couple of snipers per team - As this is the biggest problem with BF that everyone on PC is incredible with a sniper scope.
There is hardly any vehicles as well.
Hugely team based as well and you need to work very closely with your squad to achieve objectives, if you go alone you will die.
Also massively refreshing to have a FPS developed for PC's, it is just so nice to be able to lean left and right which has been removed from a lot of FPS games recently.

Other game started playing, although a few months late to the party as was massive over Halloween is Phasmophobia.
Incredibly weird concept, that you have to go investigate a ghost in a varying amount of buildings.
Really hard to explain the concept or even describe how it is even fun, you go into a house with multiple different devices and look for a ghost and gather evidence to find out what type of ghost it is.
You have to work in a team with 4 other people and you have to be very talkative and sociable with the people you are hunting the ghost with, so massively encourages you to be social with either friends or completely random people, so in that aspect it is really good.
But the main point of the game, it is absolutely scary as f**k, first time you are hunted you will shit yourself, and every time after that you really do get anxious and nervous about being hunted.
It really is one of the scariest games I have ever played, and there is so much suspense in the investigating process - It really is scary as hell well stuck alone in a room by yourself.
Personally the only game I played which has made me shit myself as much as this was Slender the 8 Pages (not to be confused with the rubbish Slender: The Arrival).
It is only £10 and well worth a go, if you have a PC, and doesn't require anything remotely special to play.

Started playing a couple of games the past couple of weeks, both on PC - I need to start that Ghosts of Shinobi soon, but just can't get excited about it.

First game is basically a BF clone, Hell Let Loose.
It removes the shitty elements of BF, by only allowing a couple of snipers per team - As this is the biggest problem with BF that everyone on PC is incredible with a sniper scope.
There is hardly any vehicles as well.
Hugely team based as well and you need to work very closely with your squad to achieve objectives, if you go alone you will die.
Also massively refreshing to have a FPS developed for PC's, it is just so nice to be able to lean left and right which has been removed from a lot of FPS games recently.

Other game started playing, although a few months late to the party as was massive over Halloween is Phasmophobia.
Incredibly weird concept, that you have to go investigate a ghost in a varying amount of buildings.
Really hard to explain the concept or even describe how it is even fun, you go into a house with multiple different devices and look for a ghost and gather evidence to find out what type of ghost it is.
You have to work in a team with 4 other people and you have to be very talkative and sociable with the people you are hunting the ghost with, so massively encourages you to be social with either friends or completely random people, so in that aspect it is really good.
But the main point of the game, it is absolutely scary as f**k, first time you are hunted you will shit yourself, and every time after that you really do get anxious and nervous about being hunted.
It really is one of the scariest games I have ever played, and there is so much suspense in the investigating process - It really is scary as hell well stuck alone in a room by yourself.
Personally the only game I played which has made me shit myself as much as this was Slender the 8 Pages (not to be confused with the rubbish Slender: The Arrival).
It is only £10 and well worth a go, if you have a PC, and doesn't require anything remotely special to play.

i was watching a Hell Let Loose video last week... did not know about this title. fell in love with it because it reminded me of Operation Flashpoint.
i so wish there was a more realistic shooter coming to consoles (team tactics playing a huge role!)! i wish!!

I played a bit of BF1 recently on PS4, but the only way to enjoy it for me is on 200% bullet damage servers. On regular servers players are a bit too spongy for my liking.

Anyhow - January had good few sales, so I bought Horizon Zero Dawn, as I never played it. But while it was downloading - I stumbled across The Forest and it was 7quid, so I got this as well.
Needless to say - I still havent tried Horizon.. Been playing The Forest whole week.

Its very good, with great building mechanics. Very scary too. Enemy AI is complex and unpredictable. They keep you on your toes all the time. Im just trying to survive on the coast, coz im too scared to go inland. :LOL:
Playing solo campaign and multiplayer with a friend in parallel. Multiplayer is obviously less scary, coz you have another set of eyes to spot them and extra pair of hands to fight them.
Only annoying bit is that you cant create a server on ps4. Its basically CO-OP, so if the host is not on - you cant continue on your own.
But its a very well made and underrated survival game, one of the best I played. For less than a tenner its a no-brainer.

If you can find the biggest island in the game, it's a great place to build your base from. It's right next to a smaller one near the coast, and you can build ziplines down from the cliffs surrounding it.

No Man‘s Sky

i was playing this game when i came out in 2016. back then, after some hours (maybe about 3) i got bored from the mining and collecting materials.

when this title was on sale a week ago, i spent the 20 bucks, knowing what updates have been released till release. And i ain’t got disappointed here!

Let me give you a short example of how i got back in.
fresh start of the game, i was playing like maybe the first 5-7 minutes of this game, trying to get a clue of the UI and such and then this happened...

how could i not be hooked!? :APPLAUD: TREMORS baby!!! :LOVE:
Edit: let me add some screenshots. i could literally take thousands of those as the universe is versatile; and those colors now... very nice enhancements from the release version!
786BDBE8-52EB-4DA1-8EC5-8D7CD4577895.jpeg

DA99DB9C-9394-4FE2-BE25-53006298E4E1.jpeg

BF813635-843E-4B67-84B9-54EE29F57BBA.jpeg

E178205B-75DC-4553-9D03-207F71EC74BA.jpeg

48FB6C25-73D7-4EA2-BBB1-CEDAD8883449.jpeg

6858C679-B3B5-409A-B7E3-E5C911D1A35E.jpeg

475E1FD4-7911-468C-BEF8-F3CCB956E477.jpeg

680B9BDC-3E1A-49FD-8D7B-E59BD109FC28.jpeg

Last edited:
Started playing again from the beginning Wasteland 3 after the big patch dropped a couple of days ago. This game is a masterpiece. The music is just phenomenal, best use of music in a videogame ever. The originals, the covers, every single track is top notch.

Finally started Horizon Zero Dawn. One of the games I wanted to catch up on. So far enjoying it. Stealth + range weapons (or Sneaky Cunt as I call it) was usually my play style, when I was playing Elder Scrolls, warcraft, or the likes, so its suits me perfectly.
Mecha-Dinos never looked appealing to me, but Im reliably informed that story is immersive and deep. We shall see.

NHL 21 (online)

Played a lot of NHL 21 last week, started the "all new and revamped" Be a Pro Mode, where I can give silly and inappropriate answers to my coach and wearing suit with hockey helmet in negotiations. EA doing EA things...
The hardest part atm is that I am trying to get used to skill stick controls as I only used hybrid controls till 21. For the life of me I can't manage slapshots with skill stick.

Next to that I played a good few hours of Diablo 3 on the Switch again. At first I only started it out of sheer boredom but get hooked very quickly and did some bounties. Offline only.

And finally I started Mudrunner American Wilds for the first time. Bought the Switch version some time ago when it was on sale. I really like it, it is so calming slow and I love that feeling of loneliness. Think I have to buy a John Deere cap now, beard and flannel shirt is already present.

Destruction Allstars - well, I don’t like it.
Concrete Genie - nice concept, nice atmosphere, will probably finish the story.
Control UE - will end the story with 60fps (similar to Miles Morales), shooting looks good, story could be interesting.
FIFA16 - a lot of fun!!

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3

Recently played quite alot of football games and well I don't like to say I got bored, but wanted to take a break to something else, so opted for a Simulation / Strategy game and found this, saw that it's one of the best or the best in the series so why not?

Just downloaded yesterday, it is a nice game , but I'm still very new so will take some time to get to grips with it, any tips would be helpful if anyone else has played it here before!

Played a lot of NHL 21 last week, started the "all new and revamped" Be a Pro Mode, where I can give silly and inappropriate answers to my coach and wearing suit with hockey helmet in negotiations. EA doing EA things...
The hardest part atm is that I am trying to get used to skill stick controls as I only used hybrid controls till 21. For the life of me I can't manage slapshots with skill stick.

Next to that I played a good few hours of Diablo 3 on the Switch again. At first I only started it out of sheer boredom but get hooked very quickly and did some bounties. Offline only.

And finally I started Mudrunner American Wilds for the first time. Bought the Switch version some time ago when it was on sale. I really like it, it is so calming slow and I love that feeling of loneliness. Think I have to buy a John Deere cap now, beard and flannel shirt is already present.
Think the biggest and toughest switch for me is passning,RB instead of a ne of the buttons.
I'd say I give this game 3/10,I hate it online,just like FIFA,super fast and made for offensive play (I'm playing R/LD online) and everything is made for Superfast builds etc.

If playing offline I still prefer my 19.

Started playing again from the beginning Wasteland 3 after the big patch dropped a couple of days ago. This game is a masterpiece. The music is just phenomenal, best use of music in a videogame ever. The originals, the covers, every single track is top notch.

Dont know if this would be similar but I noticed Desperados 3 is in gamepass. Is this similar? It has good reviews and thinking about giving it a try. Played Shadow tactics probably 3 years ago and enjoyed it

Dont know if this would be similar but I noticed Desperados 3 is in gamepass. Is this similar? It has good reviews and thinking about giving it a try. Played Shadow tactics probably 3 years ago and enjoyed it
Best game of 2020 for me. Different to Wasteland 3 though which is a classic turn based rpg where dialogue choices change everything. Desperados 3 is like Shadow Tactics but improved with new features and great maps design.
Obviously it's better to start only one of these 2 games, they're both time consuming especially Wasteland 3 where you might spend hours considering your dialogue choices and spending your attribute points..

Back
Top Bottom