[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

I have lego lord of the rings a go with the lady who is a fierce non gamer.
first game she seems to love...best lego game to date and really tons of old school fun. I probably enjoyed more the game then the movies which i always thought were overrated.

All PC now that I've had my new rig.

Dishonored, Crysis 2, Pro Evo and Witcher 2. Witcher 2 is fast becoming one of my fave games ever.

360 - Call of Duty Blacks Ops 2 - mp, WWE 13, Dead or Alive 5, Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition.

PS3 - Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse.

PC - Walking Dead Episode 5 completed, Need for Speed most Wanted.

Madden 13 on PS3 and 360, have finished my tenure in the 4th String Leagues and just playing some Ultimate Team on 360 and my fantasy draft team on the PS3 with RG III as my QB.

FIFA 13 on 360, mainly UT again, it's a great game, wish I had more time to play it.

Halo 4, not quite finished the 3rd level, it's Halo, you either enjoy it or you don't, and whichever, just get on with your life no need to moan about it.

Need For Speed Most Wanted on 360, doesnt add up to being better than it's parts. Still prefer Burnout Paradise and Need For Speed Hot Pursuit over this game.

Red Faction Guerrilla on 360.

Destruction is always fun, I just dislike the bits where it tries to be a shooter because the mindless mayhem with the sledgehammer/robots is pure gaming gold.

Rented daemon soul and gave it a short go last nite. It seems an awsome game really. I might actually waste a tenner on a second hand copy. I could it other people...i thought the server were down? are they still working?

Update:
As much as i enjoyed demon soul, it has that "what the hell is gonna happen next feeling" however the lack of a checkpoint system is really painful. I don't quite see how going through the same areas you have already cleared a zillion time is going to make the game any better or any harder. It does remind me of the games i used to play back in the 80es (wasting a fortune in coins) but i have no time nor patience to go back thirty years in gaming history. So i guess i won't buy it.

Any deal for fc3 on the ps3?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you like the Wii U pboreham? Have you written an initial impressions post that I can read anywhere?

Its really good, heres some of the things I posted in the Nintendo thread above...

pbb76 said:
I ended up trading in my PS3 the other day and got a Wii U. Only used the PS3 for Rockband (all instruments now in loft), Rocksmith (Can get on PC) and some MLB, which I havent played for ages.

The Wii U is such a nice console though - really nice hardware (got the white one), the controller is brilliant and some of the innovative features are great.

I got NintendoLand (which is good for what it is, typical Nintendo and got it so I had something to play with the GF) and BLOPs2 - which is amazing! Not played it on the other consoles, but I dont doubt this is at least as good, if not better from what I've read.

The ability to just switch the TV off and continue playing it on the small screen is brilliant. The resolution seems excellent to me and the response is instant - a superb feature!

Got Mario coming today and ZombiU on Monday hopefully and really wanna get Trine 2 as that looks ace. Really pleased with it so far.

pbb76 said:
I've got;

ZombiU: very good survival horror, lots of clever ideas. Nods to Demon Souls too, insomuch as you WILL die, just how long can you survive! Good use of the gamepad too.

BlOps2: excellent port, runs really well, looks as good as ps360 versions and has all the same stuff bar the Elite social stuff. Can be played completely on pad away from tv which is amazing. Multiplayer is absolutely solid too, not disconnects, slow down etc.

Super Mario U: it's mario! I'm not a big fan of the franchise, but love this. Think that says a lot. Looks excellent and has loads of great gameplay. Can also be played off screen.

NintendoLand: collection of mini games, which are pretty good, especially if you gonna play multiplayer, but no way worth more than £40 and not the 'Wii Sports' of the U.

Trine 2: £10 download title, looks amazing, can be played off pad and has multiplayer. Physics puzzler.

Other games that are meant to be good:

Sonic Racing: lot of people raving about this and has a good mp following already. Can also be played off screen.

Mass Effect 3: again, people saying its the best version of ME on consoles. Also think you can play off screen.

Tekken Tag and Darksiders meant to be good too.

It's a pretty solid launch really with something for everyone. I'm prob gonna pick up Sonic next.

Ones to avoid:

FIFA13: meant to be good, but isn't the 13 version, more of a port of 12. Has some interesting pad features, but not worth getting.

Batman: not the best port apparently. Frame rate probs.

Sports Collection: meant to awful. Avoid!

360 - Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition.

PS3 - None.

PC - Two worlds 2 & saints rows the 3rd full package, brought both on steam xmas sale.

i rented max payne 3. It didn't really catch my attention. I didn't like any of characters nor the typical rockstar antihero stereotype.

nice setting and nice game mechanics as usual fro rs though. Way too many never ending cutscenes for my liking.

Fun game but it could have been better.

Madden 13 : on Xbox and PS3, mostly Ultimate team on XB, and my fantasy draft team on PS3, which has Calvin Johnston Jr and Robert Griffin III, great fun.

Burnout Legends : PSP, great fun, blistering pace, is looking dated now though.

FIFA World Cup 2010 : PSP, possibly the best football game I have played to date, on a portable system that is. won a World Cup in the captain your country, alas not as captain though.

GTA Chinatown Wars : PSP, have played and completed this on DS, just restarted it on PSP.

Need for Speed Most Wanted : Android, 73p and I have probably had more fun on this than on its big brother, tis fast and actually about racing and not crashing thankfully!

Angry Birds Star Wars : Android, it's fun, it really is, and I was as shocked as anyone, so much so I played AB Space too.

Last edited:
NBA 2k13 - PC, which oddly doesn't feel/play aswell as it does on console and quite bad they've left out alot of features/game modse which was on console

Been playing PES 2013 still and completed Medal of Honor: Warfighter which I enjoyed.

Recently completed Assassins Creed: Liberations on Vita.

PC I've just started up FM2013.

Got a few new and old games to play still for PS3/XBOX360 - Call of Juarez 2, Alan Wake, WWE 2013, COD BO2.

FD

I've been finishing up on PES2013. Now that's out of the way, I'm playing Far Cry 3, which seems amazing but a bit easy so far, and after that I'll be playing The Witcher 2 on 360.

360 - Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition & Sonic all star racing transformed.

PS3 - None.

PC - Star wars knights of the Old republic 2 the Sith Lord ( restoration content).

Been playing more Far Cry 3. Amazing game. I'm near the end of the game I think and have spent ages gaining all the collectibles, which I never bother about normally. Just cruising round the island doing funny stuff is great fun.

Back
Top Bottom