Gears of War 2 (360)

Re: Gears of War 2 Xbox 360

Until a few months later then it comes to the PC, WTF do they say shite like that, fucking twats.

Well now its confirmed, lets hope the 1st one goes "classic". Then I will buy it and see what all the fuss is about!

Yeah i have never played a minute of GOW it just reminded me of a hyped up game to the the xbox 360 like the shit Halo was for the Xbox

I got gears of war and only played it for about an hour.

I will play it though now before the new one comes out :)

mmmmm so the kiddies game is getting a sequel :whistle:

Yeah i have never played a minute of GOW

You are truly missing out then my friend. :)

I HATE the overrated, boring Halo games but GoW is something else. Play the campaign online co-op and see what the fuss is all about. I guarantee you won't be dissapointed. :)

Coopz - Why has every game gotta be drop-dead serious for you to enjoy it? Don't you like a little fun once in a while?

I HATE the overrated, boring Halo games but GoW is something else. Play the campaign online co-op and see what the fuss is all about. I guarantee you won't be dissapointed. :)

Coopz - Why has every game gotta be drop-dead serious for you to enjoy it? Don't you like a little fun once in a while?

Coopz is very serious!! we had this conversation before.

He should be Renamed as 'Cutback Serious' ;))

Gaming is fun full stop

I didnt know there were serious and none serious games

Can't say I ever tried GOW either, I think it came out slightly before I got my 360 so I escaped the hype, watched the gametrailers video review but don't remember being overly impressed.

Wow! Loved the original, can't wait for this.

Didn't care for the first game - the preview vids made this look like something new and amazing - but it was average and had that piss me off ending where nothing was solved --- they also kept teasing you with enemies throughout the game and you never faced them - the battle with that huge spider thing underground... that was pathetic.

Online was fun for a bit but then every game became the same.

I read there is a new video going live tonight at midnight so i might have another look and see what they offer - but i dont think ill be blown away

Played the first when my Bro had a 360 thought it was great. Shame i wont get to play the 2nd :(

But all you did was encourage it to attack you then shoot under its foot.

I had hoped for some huge gigantic battle where you end up trapping one of its legs and then going around the other side of it and taking a leg off there then going somewhere else and unloading a few granades... then you crack its head open and have to get a c4 charge in and detonate ---- all the while surrounded by ai teammates being slaughtered while helping you

Or maybe one of those moments where the giant spider thing comes in just as your about to be killed off by a ton of men and saves your ass and then you fight it - kinda like the end of Jurassic park

I LOVED the first one and I completed it 4 times I think. It was also the game that made me go into X-Box Live after playing it online at a friends house. It is also the next-gen game I have spent the most time on, and Gears of War 2 is absolutely one of the games I am looking most forward to this year! Okay, the game has somewhat of a thin story and as much cliché`s you could take + Fenix is a prototype Hollywood action hero. But the game is still a kick-ass game. For the successor to GOW I expect better online features! Take away the cheaters and the stupid "Host advantage" Add machmaking and maybe let us make our own COG or locust character. The game looks fantastic and god bless co-op!

Just saw that GOW classic is out, released a couple of weeks ago during gta madness. Will get that as the new vid for 2 looks good.

Epic has revealed four multiplayer modes from Gears of War 2, including novel twists on traditional team deathmatch and capture the flag.

You can also check out loads of new screenshots including graphical comparison shots between the same locations in Gears 1 and 2.

Gears 2 will eventually include 12 maps when it goes on sale, and through those you'll be able to play the likes of War Zone, Meat Flag, Wingman and Guardian.

War Zone is basic team deathmatch, but with five players on each side, while Wingman is five teams of two players each, which sounds like an interesting dynamic.

Guardian, meanwhile, is another five-on-five, except one player on each team is designated the "Guardian", and has to run around spouting pinko lefty nonsense about the environment. Or possibly has to run around without being killed, because once the Guardian dies no one else on his or her team can respawn that round.

Finally, Meat Flag is capture-the-flag with a live character as the flag. A possible example is Franklin, the petrol station "old timer" from Gears 1.

Epic has also said that of the 12 maps, there's a re-jigged Gridlock and maps called River and Security among them.

Another cool detail is that maps will feature portable shields - in effect, giant riot shields that you can also plant in the ground to act as cover.

As designer Cliff Bleszinski has previously said, the cover system is much the same but with a few tweaks - and one of those is that when you snap to cover, you'll be snapped to the corner so you're less open to flanking fire.

Epic has revealed four multiplayer modes from Gears of War 2, including novel twists on traditional team deathmatch and capture the flag.

You can also check out loads of new screenshots including graphical comparison shots between the same locations in Gears 1 and 2.

Gears 2 will eventually include 12 maps when it goes on sale, and through those you'll be able to play the likes of War Zone, Meat Flag, Wingman and Guardian.

War Zone is basic team deathmatch, but with five players on each side, while Wingman is five teams of two players each, which sounds like an interesting dynamic.

Guardian, meanwhile, is another five-on-five, except one player on each team is designated the "Guardian", and has to run around spouting pinko lefty nonsense about the environment. Or possibly has to run around without being killed, because once the Guardian dies no one else on his or her team can respawn that round.

Finally, Meat Flag is capture-the-flag with a live character as the flag. A possible example is Franklin, the petrol station "old timer" from Gears 1.

Epic has also said that of the 12 maps, there's a re-jigged Gridlock and maps called River and Security among them.

Another cool detail is that maps will feature portable shields - in effect, giant riot shields that you can also plant in the ground to act as cover.

As designer Cliff Bleszinski has previously said, the cover system is much the same but with a few tweaks - and one of those is that when you snap to cover, you'll be snapped to the corner so you're less open to flanking fire.
lin to screenshots?

I finally got my internet conection back today, so I downloaded the newest video og Gears 2 on x-box live. Loved it I must say but the poem that guy is reading as Marcus heads down into battle with a locust as a shield: Is that supose to be the voice of Marcus? If so, its a new voice for him this time around. I hated the voice of Marcus in the first one so I guess I`m just hoping for a new voice. And not the same old: I`m taking a dump voice he has now :-ll

This is the video:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36220.html

I watched most of it and was completely "meh", guess this isn't a game for me :)

totally agree, another hype i can't understand, maybe i'm too dumb :applaud: (same happened with halo 3, played it for 10 minutes and threw it in the corner, boring as hell :SS )

Back
Top Bottom