gay football players

Status
Not open for further replies.
hitzlsperger retired?!?! holy shit he's younger than me! damn do i feel old right now. and clearely i need to follow football more closely.... i didn't even know he retired. anyway kudos to him for mustering the courage to come out in one of the biggest fortresses of homophoby such as football world. it must have been hard, but i'd like to think life will be a bit easier for him from now on.
of course it'll be a grand day when a homosexual won't even need to publicly express his sexual preferences, but we haven't reach that level of civility yet, so hats off to thomas.

Gerd, you raise an interesting topic (although perhaps it would be more appropriate to discuss it in a separate thread), but in my (very personal) opinion u focus too much on the moral aspect. morality has indeed a variable definition, according to historical, geographical and cultural context, but the difference between homosexuality and paedophilia doesn't just lie in what a community is inclined to accept in a given time. there was a time indeed when paedophilia was not only tolerated but accepted and considered as normal (and this is still the case in some corners of the world); young girls were given in marriage as they were children and forced to procreate as soon as their physical development allowed. but that wasn't sex, nor love. that was legalized rape for the sake of reproduction.

the example u mentioned of course is completely different but then again, our laws against child abuse aren't just the reflection of our current concept of morality. their foundation can be found in logic, not just in morality.
your mate's wife says her will was never coaxed, and we can certainly trust her judgement on this NOW that she's an adult. but u can't trust a child's opinion on her free will, because she will not know better. when i was 12 i used to fall in love with a different girl everyday.... or at least that's what i thought. truth is, i didn't even know what love was at that time.
a 12 years old child's will is coaxed by definition..... it's coaxed by his\her ignorance, by his\her candour and naivety, by her lack of experience, by her unawareness. ignorance and unawareness prevent us from developing a "free will", so a 12, 13 or 14 years old child's will simply cannot be free. that's why it's our obligation (as adults, parents, as lawmakers) to protect our children... even from themselves.

i'm with gomito on this one: i don't blame a paedophile for his instincts.... like u said our sexual proclivities are out of our control. but i blame a paedohile who acts on his istincts, because if a man's sexual preferences are out of his control, his actions are not! refraining is always a choice.
and a man who doesn't control his instincts is not a man..... but a beast without free will (and he should be treated as such).

homosexualty is an entirely different matter. first of, homosexuality isn't just about sex (as is the case with paedophilia, zoophilia or necrophilia)..... it's about love. and love between 2 adults, capable of aware decisions and choices, should always be accepted, no matter their gender.

As for the topic concerning age of consent, why would that be relevant. There’s no scientific way to establish when a youngster develops the maturity required to be fully aware of the consequences of his social interactions, so each country makes its “guess”. and it's impossible to establish wich country "nailed" the exact age of consent, because each individual is different. having said that, our lawmakers can't simply give up and not set a limit, just because there's no way to find out a scientific threshold. so they all pick the age they find more appropriate.
and this doens't happen only in child abuse law. The same situation occurs with pretty much every law.... that still doesn’t change the underlying reason of the law itself (wich is what really matters).
take the ability to aquire a driver's license, for instance. every country sets its own minimum age to get one. american lawmakers thought a 16 years old is mature enough to drive responsibly, whereas italian lawmakers set their minimum age to 18. such differences don't change the underlying reason of theese laws ("youngsters are not mature nor aware enough to drive a car").

and it's not just about the minimum age to acquire a driver's license either. all our legislations on such indefinite thresholds are always slightly different: whether it's about the "mental competence" required to make a will, or the legal capacity to sign a contract, or the legal age to have sexual intercourse with an adult without that being labelled as "child abuse".... we always set our bars at different levels (as is our right, as sovereign states)...... that doesn't really matter. what should capture your attention is that, no matter where we set our bars and limits, we all set them.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? Do you think gay people choose to be gay because it's "popular"? Get a grip. As has been stated many times, it's biological, and as such perfectly normal. Why would that be bad for both gays and "normal people", as you call it? What's bad are those absolute shit attitudes. Let people be themselves and love who they want to love and have sex the way they want to with the people they love. Who are you to reject them that?

I see you're from Russia, and I know there's a lot of prejudice towards homosexuals coming from there. I really hope there will be a lot of homosexual protesting at the Olympics, that would be sweet! :)
No, buddy, I not saying that some people choose this path because it is "popular." I just wanted to say that it is very bad when the problem many people exhibiting at the show. I think today, homosexuality has become a real show.

I mean all sorts of gay parades, gay community, the gay movement, the gay movement for children (madness) and others. Your human rights activists say that it helps people to feel part of society, wholesome, but in fact, all this is very bad for them. I can not understand why you (Europeans) so popularize it all? Why? This is the problem of these people, and not a circus. I certainly understand that in Europe is now the era of "great tolerance", but it is a bit too. I think these people should be treated like the rest people, not praising them, just because they are a bit special.

What about Eastern Europe, here we normally treat gays as such, we just do not want to have carried out these gay pride parades and other gay-propaganda. All this aggression is a reaction to the Western European policy towards these people.

P.S. Great posts by Damjan and lo zio. :TU:

P.S.2 Perhaps we should close this topic, since this is not a football topic ... :ROLL:

Last edited:
Good post Ben.
Can't say i disagree.
But i disagree about my acquaintance's wife.
There are people who are physically and mentally very mature for their age.

My son is almost 11, but mentally and physically he is 9 at best.

I knwe that girl, when she was 12 she could have passed for 16 both physically and mentally. The fact is that when the guy started a realtionship, he had no idea at all that she was 12. When he found out (and that must have been within days, not weeks), he was stunned...didn't know what to do and decided to continue his relationship.

What did her parents think about it ? In the end they agreed. He promised not to have sex with her until she was 16 years old (which is considered the age of consent in Belgium, we can have sex before driving a car). And both say that he kept his promise.

Once again, i'm an hypocrite, because i wouldn't want my almost 14 year daughter have a 18 year old boyfriend, but then again mentally and physically she is 14 and not older...

I suppose you all know Eidur Gudjohnsson. He is the son of Arnor Gudjohnsson. Arnor was also a professional football player, who made his debut for Lokeren when he was 16 years old. At that time Eidur was just born and his mother is two years younger than his father...Here in Belgium people were astonished by it. In more when Gudjohnsson's neighbour found out that litle Eidurs cradle was kept outside in the freezing cold in winter. They phoned the police and Arnor and his wife were almost arrested. Until the Icelandic emabassy interfered. In Iceland having a kid at that young age is not unusual nor is putting the cradle of a baby outside in winter...maybe Icelandic Ops will say otherwise, but it is a story Eidur has told in Belgium television fairly recently...

Like i said, it's all very relative...

Maybe py post was wrong because now we are discussing about bordeline things. Of course having sex with babies or young childeren is considered morally wrong... and i totally agree with that. I only wanted to broaden the discussion.

And about homosexuality: i hope lots of gay athletes win gold medals in Sotsji during the winter games...

No, buddy, I not saying that some people choose this path because it is "popular."

Homosexuality it´s not a path people can chose. People are born homosexuals the same way they are born heterosexuals. The path you talk about - if you mean the exhibicionism of some people in homosexual commuinty can be choosed of course. I realy doubt that is matter of Hitzlsperger to be honest.

I just wanted to say that it is very bad when the problem many people exhibiting at the show. I think today, homosexuality has become a real show.

Yes that is true, but in the other hand homosexuality is also a reason for suicide, whole life hiding and depression and it is a matter of all ages, not just young people, but also elderly and even retirement age people. I was on a conference where this matter was in discussion, you wouldn´t believe how old people are lonely their whole life and seek help.. This is the oposite side of the exhibicionist gay people. The non-exhibicionist gays don´t like the behaviour as much as heterosexuals. But it isn´t the only side of being homosexual. It´s just a matter of few individuals. Also how media and outside world view homosexuals often, wich is very sad. It´s something like preconception.

Good post Ben.
Can't say i disagree.
But i disagree about my acquaintance's wife.
There are people who are physically and mentally very mature for their age.

My son is almost 11, but mentally and physically he is 9 at best.

I knwe that girl, when she was 12 she could have passed for 16 both physically and mentally. The fact is that when the guy started a realtionship, he had no idea at all that she was 12. When he found out (and that must have been within days, not weeks), he was stunned...didn't know what to do and decided to continue his relationship.

What did her parents think about it ? In the end they agreed. He promised not to have sex with her until she was 16 years old (which is considered the age of consent in Belgium, we can have sex before driving a car). And both say that he kept his promise.

Once again, i'm an hypocrite, because i wouldn't want my almost 14 year daughter have a 18 year old boyfriend, but then again mentally and physically she is 14 and not older...

I suppose you all know Eidur Gudjohnsson. He is the son of Arnor Gudjohnsson. Arnor was also a professional football player, who made his debut for Lokeren when he was 16 years old. At that time Eidur was just born and his mother is two years younger than his father...Here in Belgium people were astonished by it. In more when Gudjohnsson's neighbour found out that litle Eidurs cradle was kept outside in the freezing cold in winter. They phoned the police and Arnor and his wife were almost arrested. Until the Icelandic emabassy interfered. In Iceland having a kid at that young age is not unusual nor is putting the cradle of a baby outside in winter...maybe Icelandic Ops will say otherwise, but it is a story Eidur has told in Belgium television fairly recently...

Like i said, it's all very relative...

Maybe py post was wrong because now we are discussing about bordeline things. Of course having sex with babies or young childeren is considered morally wrong... and i totally agree with that. I only wanted to broaden the discussion.

And about homosexuality: i hope lots of gay athletes win gold medals in Sotsji during the winter games...

I'm glad you clarified that, I thought your buddy was having sex with a 12 year old. I'm curious if you believe he waited till she was 16.

According to his wife, he did wait, my friend...
And yes, i tend to believe him...I'm old enough to know that true love has nothing to do with sex...nothing at all.

Guys, have you ever considered that Kolia V might have been trolling us and we all fell in his trap? His statement is way too outrageous and lacks a lot of sense, definitely not common to hear or read these days. Moreover, consider, also, that he hasn't answered ever since he wrote that, so are you sure he means it? Stop feeding the troll.

I know I might be late with my input, but even in the US the age of consent differs from state to state. Maybe the minimum I've seen is 16? Or was it 14? Might be wrong. Also I do think finding a proper age is difficult since we all mature at different ages depending on hormonal changes and personal experiences.

Homophobia is even worse than homosexuality: Homosexuality is,on most cases,something you're born with.Homophobic people ain't born this way,they decide to be.

I myself am perfectly fine with homosexuals.I don't give a damn who someone sleeps with at night,unless of course his behaviour towards me gets obscene.

Yes,you are like 1 year,and you are born as gay. Yeah...
But does anyone think about parents? Every parent want to be grandmother and grandfather. Its not normal,and i dont know,why gays want so many attention and disturbing normal people.

Yes,you are like 1 year,and you are born as gay. Yeah...
But does anyone think about parents? Every parent want to be grandmother and grandfather. Its not normal,and i dont know,why gays want so many attention and disturbing normal people.

again generalisation.

does anyone think of diversity in life, and making difference between love and just sexuality?

Becouse there are also people who can´t have kids, who thinks of them for example making such comment?

Is their life not worth living?

again generalisation.

does anyone think of diversity in life, and making difference between love and just sexuality?

Becouse there are also people who can´t have kids, who thinks of them for example making such comment?

Is their life not worth living?

so true ! I have some in my family. Its torturous seem them go through it.

But does anyone think about parents? Every parent want to be grandmother and grandfather.

Many of you might not agree with me, but no one of us is born to please or meet expectations of others. Through the years I came to the conclusion that if you want to make good to the society and help others you must first think about yourself, make sure you achieve everything you want (education, job, love..) and than work to better yourself and whole society.

Its not normal,and i dont know,why gays want so many attention and disturbing normal people.

I am perfectly OK with gay people...well, not always. I don't like those gay parades and I think that there are so much homophobic activism going on around world because of that. You are gay? OK, I am fine with that, but you don't have to show again and again how different you are and than expect that everyone will accept you as an equal. You have to decide if you want to be different or you want to be an equal.

And why couldn't you show off that you are gay ?
Because 90 % of the people is heterosexual ?

Well then Getafe fans can't wear kits and scarves because 90% of the Madrid people are not supporting Getafe...that is exactly the same thing.

You write you are ok with homosexuality, but you aren't...

No, you didn't understand what I wanted to say.

They want to be accepted by society as equals which I am OK with as we are all humans after all.
I have few friends who are gay and everything is same with them as before I knew that.

But than, why show off that you are different and than complain that you are being labeled as different. At least that is my thinking behind it.

I didnt really want to comment on this because I know how threads like this turn out and to be honest, the whole debate really pisses me off. Its a waste of time and going round and round in circles.

Put it this way though - I think its become unbelievably difficult in this day and age to say that you dont agree with or condone homosexuality of any form - without being labelled and blasted homophobic for doing/saying it. You might be against homosexuality, but not the humans involved. Because we are all humans. To be homophobic, in my mind, would be to be totally incapable of being around homosexuals at all.

There IS a difference between that and saying its wrong and you dont condone it.

When they label someone that, thats not actually always the correct term. Sometimes people just dont agree with it, but will still treat homosexuals for what they are - fundamentally human beings and no matter what, equal.

But I will say this and it MUST be said more than it is being said at the moment - because if not we are heading for serious danger, not just on this debate, but in virtually everything.

If the debate can be allowed/accepted and pushed in the mainstream about it being "normal" then these same people MUST also allow and face opposition, alternative opinions to their own and resistance. Or else, they cant form their own opinions themselves! Because then they would be flawed and hypocritical opinions also.

How can you not allow others opinion, simply because it goes against your own belief(s). However then see it still perfectly fine to have your own at the same time?

That makes no sense!

Opinions for everyone - or opinions for absolutely no one.

Whether we like what we hear or not. Thats just the way it is.

I really hate internet debate, I would love to sit on a chair with everyone of you and start debating this subject.
Again, let's get back to the topic; have you heard about what Alex said about homosexuality ?
Try to remember what Cassano also said way back in 2012...

I didnt really want to comment on this because I know how threads like this turn out and to be honest, the whole debate really pisses me off. Its a waste of time and going round and round in circles.

Put it this way though - I think its become unbelievably difficult in this day and age to say that you dont agree with or condone homosexuality of any form - without being labelled and blasted homophobic for doing/saying it. You might be against homosexuality, but not the humans involved. Because we are all humans. To be homophobic, in my mind, would be to be totally incapable of being around homosexuals at all.

There IS a difference between that and saying its wrong and you dont condone it.

When they label someone that, thats not actually always the correct term. Sometimes people just dont agree with it, but will still treat homosexuals for what they are - fundamentally human beings and no matter what, equal.

But I will say this and it MUST be said more than it is being said at the moment - because if not we are heading for serious danger, not just on this debate, but in virtually everything.

If the debate can be allowed/accepted and pushed in the mainstream about it being "normal" then these same people MUST also allow and face opposition, alternative opinions to their own and resistance. Or else, they cant form their own opinions themselves! Because then they would be flawed and hypocritical opinions also.

How can you not allow others opinion, simply because it goes against your own belief(s). However then see it still perfectly fine to have your own at the same time?

That makes no sense!

Opinions for everyone - or opinions for absolutely no one.

Whether we like what we hear or not. Thats just the way it is.

The places where debate on the issue tends not to be tolerated are those places with a bigot/ignorant/indoctrinated majority.

Less baseless opinions, more reasoned facts. The ability to form an opinion is a necessary step towards having that opinion taken seriously but it is not a sufficient step.
Only reason and evidence matters.

and what is Evidence that people born gay ? how you tell that ? i know kids when born have penis or vagina , they dont have both of them do they ? how did a gay born ? did he born from his fathers ass ? or from his mother vagina ?

I did "born" a manchester united fan , coz my father supported them , always was telling how great they are , telling me about bobby charlton etc etc but i CHOSE to be a Liverpool fan , i watched them like them and start loving them simple as that , but i did my choice not coz i BORN Liverpool fan but thats what I wanted to be and how I wanted to be , this is what gay people are they born as all other kids born , when they grow they like more that for different reasons and chose to be that even if thats not easy option and was more easy to be different , for me it was more easy to be United fan or Real or whatever fan at that time but I wont change it no matter what , and this people wont change it its Psychologic and that it , you dont born with that , you born black you dont chose because you didnt have an option to chose to chose how you want to be when you born ? black or white ? or with problems in heard , blind or anything like this but born gay ? I dont think so

accept them or not its other things, but I dont think people born gay.

Not too long ago, after the exams, I was at a night club with some fellow students and I noticed two guys kissing on fondling heavily in the seat directly opposite of me. I must have had a disgusted look on my face because one of them noticed and yelled "what are you looking at? Do you have something against two guys kissing?". And you could tell he was clearly provoked. I said "Not at all, I have something against anyone having sex in front of me unless I've payed them to".

So, they came over and I suspect they were on some drugs cause one of them was fuming with wild eyes and the other guy just sat there with a phony grin and saggy eyes. "Excuse me!" the aggravated fellow said, "What did you say?". I repeated what I had said, and added "I didn't intend I wanted to pay you by the way" and he started laughing.

It ended calmly as I explained to him a few simple facts. People would look upon a couple fondling each other pants in public regardless of the participants, I said, the matter of fact that you two are gay is the least reason why people react. I would think it strange to see a heterosexual couple do the very same thing, do you think that's strange? He agreed, took my hand and left.

Now, I don't have anything against gay people. It's not my business who people love or lust for as long as I don't have to literally look at it, unless I've payed for it as I mentioned earlier (porn etc). Gay parades and this extreme necessity to show the world that they're gay once they've come out of the closet annoys me. There aren't any "straight parades" where heterosexual people are allowed to publicly have sex for the duration of the parade. If there was I doubt I would participate in any case. I would be just as annoyed by a straight parade to be honest.

I do understand the need to pronounce to everyone, the weight of their shoulder etc. But it takes so much space, they're so loud about it and the discussions afterwards are so full of shit.

So, I'm happy for Hitzlsperger - it must be really good for him. Now get on with your life, please.

and what is Evidence that people born gay ? how you tell that ? i know kids when born have penis or vagina , they dont have both of them do they ? how did a gay born ? did he born from his fathers ass ? or from his mother vagina ? [deleted for space conservation]

The ignorance in this one is stunning. So you're implying that you weren't born stupid and you father tried to teach you yet you chose it, is that it?

Sorry, I could not resist.

You don't choose to like green. You don't choose to dislike the taste of fish. You don't choose the size of your feet and you just don't choose whom you love. It just happens.

Last edited:
and what is Evidence that people born gay ? how you tell that ? i know kids when born have penis or vagina , they dont have both of them do they ? how did a gay born ? did he born from his fathers ass ? or from his mother vagina ?

I did "born" a manchester united fan , coz my father supported them , always was telling how great they are , telling me about bobby charlton etc etc but i CHOSE to be a Liverpool fan , i watched them like them and start loving them simple as that , but i did my choice not coz i BORN Liverpool fan but thats what I wanted to be and how I wanted to be , this is what gay people are they born as all other kids born , when they grow they like more that for different reasons and chose to be that even if thats not easy option and was more easy to be different , for me it was more easy to be United fan or Real or whatever fan at that time but I wont change it no matter what , and this people wont change it its Psychologic and that it , you dont born with that , you born black you dont chose because you didnt have an option to chose to chose how you want to be when you born ? black or white ? or with problems in heard , blind or anything like this but born gay ? I dont think so

Lol this thread is getting hilarious.

Are you seriously comparing being a fan of a football team to sexual orientation?

Let me ask you something. Did you CHOOSE to find women sexually attractive?

Lol this thread is getting hilarious.

Are you seriously comparing being a fan of a football team to sexual orientation?

Let me ask you something. Did you CHOOSE to find women sexually attractive?

I didnt choose , that is pretty natural , its how a person body its created , if i do opossite than i'll be choosing

so are Pedophil people born too ?

You and I didn't CHOOSE to like women. We were simply born that way. We can't help but be attracted to sexy ladies.

So why do you think gay people are different? They didn't CHOOSE either. They simply can't help but be attracted to the same gender. Just like you and I, they were simply born a certain way.

I didnt choose , that is pretty natural , its how a person body its created , if i do opossite than i'll be choosing

so are Pedophil people born too ?

you mean evolved.

Humans were born with penis and vagina to be able to continue life. But the affection to other people isn´t depending on penis or vagina, it depends on other things.

you can´t teach a homosexual to unlike the same gender.

Studies indicate that it's genetic. Even concerning reproduction, the associated genes are linked to higher fertility in females.

But even looking at your own life, unless you're bisexual or asexual, you had no choice in which sex you found attractive. It was automatic. I never chose to want to hump Pamela Anderson into oblivion when I was a young teen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom