FRANCE thread

Sofiane Boufal (Lille) chose Morocco for the National team

Dream team of actual players who have opted for a country other than France
e4637.jpg

We can add : Lamine Sané, Raphaël Guerreiro, Mohamed Sissoko, Nabil Bentaleb, Younes Belhanda, Ryad Boudebouz, Sofiane Feghouli, Ludovic Obraniak, Wahbi Khazri, Yannick Bolasie, Moussa Sow, Moussa Marega, Yassine Benzia, Jordan Ayew etc.

Both nationalty but born outside France : Serge Aurier, Didier Drogba, Mario Lemina, etc.

Reverse article

French players who have opted for the French national team

7be65.jpg

Sub : Jean Tigana (Malia), Luis Fernandez (Spain), Robert Pires (Portugal/Spain), Roger Piantoni (Italy), Éric Cantona (Spain/Italy).

still France attack will be scary...

Coman,Martial,Payet,Griezmann,Giroud... just quality.

Rabiot or Ben Arfa should be there instead of Sissoko

Areola is in fantastic form, should be there instead of Mandanda...

Gameiro deserved to be there instead of Giroud, who is in shocking form...Gameiro is on fire...

France will struggle

Payet deserved to score the winner. France's best player by miles.

Continue to think Pogba, as talented as he is, is the most overhyped player ever

Very hard game, alot of pressure, not great game, but thank you Payet for this genius goal again !

Can wait for tomorrow games

Pogba looks like playing to deep... i dissagree he had a bad match, could have scored and looked quality everytime with his passing

but if i was Real president, i would forget about him and sign Kante.... that guy is realy the new Makelele... i was most impressed by him, it was only his fifth game for France NT, yet he looks like playing his 100+ match.. outstanding talent, won almost everything in midfield, everything went through him... top clubs should be all over him after EURO... lovely player to watch... Same for Payet, but Kante is younger and has more perspective... he can be even better.. Payet is world class though.

Real Madrid isn't interesten in players like Kante. But if Payet jeeps on playing like this, they will try to buy him and he will spend 75% of the time on the bench. Remmenservice James and countless others.

Some refs would give a foul, others wouldn't. It's 50/50.
Personally i wouldn't have given it because the Romaniam GK started to go too late for Pauet's cross...he was too late anyway...

Gerd, c'mon. I know opinions and all that, but the ball was going to land perfectly in the keeper's hands, and Giroud clearly elbowed his right arm. There was absolutely no way the ball would've reached Giroud's head if the Romanian keeper's hand was still in the way. He basically moved the keeper's arm out of the way to head the ball.

Also elbows raised that high are almost always fouls, and just because it hit the keeper's arm and not his head doesn't make it ok.

Anyway. Looking forward to a better game tonight.

Rami seems so error prone sometimes, Pogba seems way overhyped and had a bad match IMO. Griezmann in out of form since UCL Final.

Anyhow, unfair goal by Giroud but we're use to this kind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njNPjM1op_E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apk6Tc-LJYM

I guess a draw would have made our fans and our players happier, the team gave everything in this match. Tremendous defensive effort from our DMs - Pintilii and Hoban, they blocked Pogba and Matuidi almost everytime. But as we do since 2000, we miss a Hagi, or a player who could be close to his value.

Last edited:
Chelsea perhaps. Reading West Ham are looking for about €70m if they were to sell. No way Spurs (or any sane club) will pay that kind of money for a 29-year-old, eventhough he is brilliant. Perhaps Real will snap up him to be their annual flavor of the month signing.

I remember when PLF pointed out a tv show where it was like american idol, but french youth soccer, and i think it was Nantes, and Payet either won or was in the show, and so I followed Payet since his days at St Etienne and he has just gotten better and better. I had him in a PES 2014 ML campaign and he would score these rippers from 30 yards and I would be somewhat annoyed cause i thought it was a bit un-realistic, oh how wrong I was!

I remember when PLF pointed out a tv show where it was like american idol, but french youth soccer, and i think it was Nantes, and Payet either won or was in the show, and so I followed Payet since his days at St Etienne and he has just gotten better and better. I had him in a PES 2014 ML campaign and he would score these rippers from 30 yards and I would be somewhat annoyed cause i thought it was a bit un-realistic, oh how wrong I was!

this is so weird to read because the exact same thing happenned to me :|

Pogba and Griezmann on the bench

------------Giroud---------------
Martial---------------------Coman
--------------Payet--------------
--------Maduidi------------------
-----------------Kanté-----------
Evra------------------------Sagna
-------Koscielny---Rami----------
-------------Lloris--------------

Back
Top Bottom