--------------Benzema--------------
--Ribery------------------Nasri----
--------Malouda----Cabaye----------
-------------A.Diarra--------------
Evra-----Mexes------Rami----Debuchy
------------Lloris(cap)------------

Re: France Thread - Allez les Bleus

I also prefer Koscielny to Mexes.

Off-topic: i don't understand why people consider Holland as a favourite for this tournament. They are weak at the back, lack creativity in the middle (i.e. only Sneijder, who of course is very vcreative) and play with 10 mostly because Robben is not a team player who takes the wrong decisions all the time.

I also prefer Koscielny to Mexes.
Like all people, but i understand Blanc, we start with Mexes Rami after the WC2010 and Blanc know we need to do alot of games with the same central defense partner, so it's hard to put Koscielny right know, maybe after the compitition.

The stat :

13 French players start for the first time an official competition (WC or Euro)
The less experimented team of this Euro.

french team is indeed very decent on the pitch as much as they look good on paper. debuchy (much better than sagna imo), cabaye and the attacking trio have been largely impressive.

Cabaye's very lucky not to have been booked so far.

Debuchy's been outstanding so far. Can't really say the same about Evra on the other side.

Benzema's dropping too deep.

lol was Malouda really playing? Great passing and defending from France. Attack could be better if they played attacking but they tend to choose the Tikitaka play.

Nice too see finally French team try shooting versus a ten mens defense.
A.Diarra do a great game after the mistake on the first goal, nice reaction.

the game would be more entertaining to watch had England played 'positive' football - as some say.

Same reaction as Thomas.

It's not easy to play when the opposition is afraid to play, and I'm glad that France tried long shots. The shots were dangerous, on target, and it's a good alternative against a strong defense.

Even though he was responsible on the goal, I was impressed with Diarra, he was a rock today. He annihilated most counter attacks without fouling.

Yes Diarra lost his man as Lescott scored from one of the few chances England had (How many saves did Lloris have to make today?) but then had a very good performance and almost even scored one himself immediately after.

England did defend with 9 men for most of the game and I too was GLAD to see French do what Barca DOESNT. And that is shoot from long-range. Sometimes it's the only option and considering France has guys like Cabaye, Nasri, Benzema, Ribery, all these guys can shoot well from long distance so why not?

Mathieu Debuchy extremely impressive as expected and Man of the Match for me.

Don't know why Malouda is being played as central midfielder. He hsouldn't be in starting 11. He's not a good enough defender to provide help to Diarra nor did he make penetrative runs from midfield. If Nasri plays in the center, you can have a much more 'effective' player like Ben Arfa or Menez on the sides. I'd go for Marvin Martin in the middle though (Poor guy barely had time to receive ball to day to dictate play)

Was also a bit pissed off about Blanc making substitutions which could've changed game so late! 8 mins left before he finally made 2 subs!

Anyway France should still win this group as they look like strongest team but this was a bit of a missed chance. Silly free-kick go give away and concede from.

yup Silly from blanc to play Malouda... as he was not that good on the defensive side and always late in the attack... nasri should play wide and let ben arfa playmakein the middle as he was far mor creative than nasri and was teaming up well with benz in the last few games.

debuchy was very impressive, I think if he continue to do well he just booked a place for a top club in england lolll

Also it should be mentioned that Mexes had a very solid game and made lot of nice tackles/defensive challenges and blocks. Many didn't want him to play but Blanc decided otherwise and he repaid his faith.

yep Alou diarra was also immmense! tackling in the midfield and dispossesing england players...man france really should have won this game ...-_-

I thought the team played and probably deserved the win even if the notion of "deserving" to win is meaningless.
Special mention to Mexes who was very good specially knowing that there were doubts about him.I liked the passing, France's technique was a lot higher than England's.There just wasn't enough penetrating runs from Benzema.
I'd like Nasri to replace Malouda in the middle and have either Ben Arfa or Menez play on the right wing.

Exactly!

Or Marvin Martin in middle instead of Malouda. But either way Malouda in starting line up doesn't make sense let alone as CM who doesn't penetrate nor defend well!

Starting eleven vs Ukraine

-----------------Benzema------------------
Ribery------------Nasri--------------Menez
----------------------Cabaye--------------
--------------A.Diarra--------------------
Clichy-----------------------------Debuchy
--------------Mexes-----Rami--------------
-----------------Lloris(cap)--------------

PLEASE Take Menez out at Half time Monsieur Blanc! PLEASE!

No one is more capable of ruining the French hopes than the immature, temperamental spoiled brat that is Jeremy Menez.

Not only has he played like shit so far in the first half and missed the best chance of the game as well as mistime some of his runs but he has a yellow card and he's a VERY DANGEROUS guy to have on a yellow card for another 45 minutes! He might do something stupid any second. Especially now that he was LUCKY to have been warned by ref instead of given marching orders just before half time for a BAD foul on Selin which was easily worthy of a 2nd yellow.

Bring on Ben Arfa and France can win this with 11 vs. 11. They've created chances but not put them away. Great Ribery in 1st half but Benzema like Menez has been poor and needs to step it up. Otherwise Giroux deserves a chance. But I'm confident Karim will come good where as Menez is too much of a risk and France has better alternatives anyway!

Too bad the action with Cabaye post !!!

Finally we win a game in tournament, last time it's versus Portugal in 2006...

Menez had me scared but thank god Blanc took him out in 72nd minute.

Other than goal, he didn't do much.

I'm much more in favour of Marvin Martin being in middle as AMF with Nasri and Ribery on sides and Benzema as ST. Then bring in Ben Arfa as sub.

Karim needs to step it up too though. He hasn't done much this tourney although he did assist both goals today.

Cabaye and Diarra been very good so far.

Clichy instead of Evra was a nice welcomed change as well.

Mexes has looked very solid in these first 2 games. Much more so than Rami whom I've been a bit disappointed with.

Anyway France should win this group as previously expected. And now they play against a Sweden team who are already out where as England have a tougher game against hosts Ukraine who still hope to qualify. So France will want to finish first!

When will Benzema score? I was waiting for that guy to score a goal atleast but luck hasn't favored him.

He's almost playing like a false-9, dropping so deep and trying to make things happen.

He's far better sticking high up the pitch.

He is playing like that, because none of the other players will assist him. Nasri is useless once again. Only Ribery tried but it's not enough.

Back
Top Bottom