FRANCE thread

Re: France Thread - Au revoir

Benzema had to go deep to bring the ball up. Ribery was the only player that created space and he had trouble servicing balls to Benzema. Benzema did good imo and move the ball around just couldn`t get past Spain`s backline. He still manage to take a shot even though its was in no mans land .

No he didn't "have to". Benzema did this in all France's matches, and it served no purpose.

France should play like France do and try to keep the ball not defensiv like Chelsea or England, we can't do it.
I'm sure Portugal do better and play more offensive, i really hope.

What a slow, boring game... What's wrong with these big teams? They are supposedly the best footballers on the planet, trained to the max, fit to no end, but they play like they are some retired footballers over the age of 60 that got together to play a nostalgic match, what the hell?!

No risk, no passion, no collective raising of will to change the tide!

Spain also played very slowly, like a walk in the park, I bet most of them didn't even sweat, but then again they didn't have to regarding the tameness of France's play.

Was looking forward to that match, as I thought Spain and France, there would be fire breaking out on the pitch, but every regional football match had more to offer.

The goals that happened were pathetic, the France left defender laying down on the pitch, letting the Spain attacker get through, to make a cross, where another Spain player is fully free to head, while the defender positions himself at the side of the goalkeeper? What the hell?!

Then the foul causing the penalty was so unnecessary...

Rediculous game but worse just plain boring.

229921_427867873924569_558620991_n.jpg

I have seen a clip of that goal and yes, no French player picks Xabi Alonso up.
I like Frech football a lot, but i think this team is seriously overrated by the image of the so-called star of this team: Frank Ribery. I used to love this player when he played for Metz, but since he got transferred from Metz he is acting like a prima donna. He is very talented but also very selfish. This is a player who needs more talented player around him to really shine. The problem is that there aren't too much players who are more talented than him. Despite the obvious talent, i would never want him in my team. I'm not sure if the mentality of this team is much better than the one in South-Africa. Yes, you have players like Rami, Debuchy and Cabaye (the last two were France's best players in the tournament) with a fantastic mentality. On the other hand you have Evra, Menez, Mexes, Ribery, Nasri, Ben Arfa: all huge ego's...

From what i know of him, i truly like Laurent Blanc as a human being, but i'm not convinced by him as a coach. Perhaps he's done the best he could have done with this current crop of players who are less talented than they think themselves.

Though I dislike Ribery as a person he at least tried.

Isn't M'Vila being set up as one of the best prospective DM's of the future.....?

Malouda should be retired. Should have been retired post 2006. Lazy, indolent and up himself.

Bad news really he still has much to prove, but good news for us hope Chelsea signs him that's the kind of coach i'd love to see here. He's loves good football & this something that have been missing since Carlo's departure (i wished he had stayed TBH), anyway another catastrophic tournament end up with a lot of departures/exclusions/sanctions...

And Deschamps admits coaches face a much tougher task managing players compared to years gone by thanks to the introduction of social media.

"They are all using it in their spare time so they become more isolated and selfish," the 44-year-old said.

"They share less, they talk less. They have apps, their phones and the internet but they are less used to talking to people.

"Nowadays you never see players playing cards. We used to sit around playing cards together all the time. But I can't fight that, I have to adapt and change.

"So I have to find new ways of getting people to interact because it is still healthy to know whether the guy sitting next to you at dinner has a wife or kids or whatever."

well said by deschamps.

Sakho will captain Les Bleus tomorrow and Ruffier will start. Looking forward to seeing Ruff play for France! He definitely deserves it.

IMHO it is a very good decision.
Nasri is not a team player.
When he dosn't play he gets sulky and starts to influence other players who don't play (i read that in the the usually very well informed L'Equipe).

A WC is about a group of player being in a hotel resort for weeks....the off-field things are perhaps more important than the matches...if you don't have first team football for a player like Nasri, then leave him home....

Agreed but Nasri would've been starting I imagine. 4-3-3 like this maybe:
Lloris; Sagna, Sakho, Koscielny, Evra; Matuidi, Pogba, Cabaye; Nasri, Griezmann and Benzema

A short question to our western neighbours: How is the chemistry in the team this WC? Everything all right or any chance for the whole world to enjoy a second "Fiasco de Knysna"? In German news coverage it looks like there would be much more respect towards Deschamps than there was in 2010 towards Domenech and some of the enfant terribles of that year aren't in the squad anymore, too. Would indicate that it should be a smoother (and more successful) tournament for Les Blues.

Debuchy had a slight injury last night, hope it's nothing too serious.

As for the team I'd say everything is looking for the better this time.
There's more cohesion now, the "new" players have settled in well and it's like there is more harmony between the players as they're playing that 4-3-3. The Sakho-Varane partnership is growing strong, Pogba, Benzema and Cabaye are taking more dimension within the team as well.

All in all I think D.D. has done a fine job so far. He assembled "his" players and focused more on the chemistry and tactical awareness rather than anything else. This should be a good tournament. I hope to see Grizi and Cabella get some significant playing time.

There's more cohesion now, the "new" players have settled in well and it's like there is more harmony between the players as they're playing that 4-3-3. The Sakho-Varane partnership is growing strong, Pogba, Benzema and Cabaye are taking more dimension within the team as well.

All in all I think D.D. has done a fine job so far. He assembled "his" players and focused more on the chemistry and tactical awareness rather than anything else. This should be a good tournament. I hope to see Grizi and Cabella get some significant playing time.
Ok, that's matching with what I saw in the news then. Thanks for the info. :TU:

We're your western neighbours. :P

True, but they are as well. :D

And on another note: You're more like our brothers. Germans surely like the French a lot (nowadays), but the Germans and the Dutch are so close relatives (f.e. in the language), that's an other type of neighbourhood. ;)

Debuchy had a slight injury last night, hope it's nothing too serious.

sweet! it'd be fantastic to see france finally living up to its potential. i'm very curious to watch them playing now :))

Sofiane Boufal (Lille) chose Morocco for the National team

Dream team of actual players who have opted for a country other than France
e4637.jpg

We can add : Lamine Sané, Raphaël Guerreiro, Mohamed Sissoko, Nabil Bentaleb, Younes Belhanda, Ryad Boudebouz, Sofiane Feghouli, Ludovic Obraniak, Wahbi Khazri, Yannick Bolasie, Moussa Sow, Moussa Marega, Yassine Benzia, Jordan Ayew etc.

Both nationalty but born outside France : Serge Aurier, Didier Drogba, Mario Lemina, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom