FRANCE thread

Re: France Thread - Allez les Bleus

France is back !

Are you kidding me Thomas. France's match against Sweden was IMO the worst team performance of the tournament.
I was thinking that the spirit of South-Africa crept back in the squad. France used to play good and attractive football, what we saw yesterday was dire and lacklustre...
I like French football and i hope they do better.

I'm a Spurs fan and Blanc is mentioned to come to Spurs, i hope he doesn't come. IMO he is still unproven.

:LOL: That's exactly what he meant. France are back to the form of the Domenech days.

Agree that was one of the worst performances of the tournament. Mexes is a mess and Benzema is always outside the box but you can't blame him for that. There is no threat of scoring.

Oh, i did not understand that it was sarcasm. I'm sorry Thomas, that was pretty stupid of me.

Possible team vs Spain

---------------Benzema-----------------
Ribery--------------------------Debuchy
---------Malouda-----Cabaye------------
---------------M'vila------------------
Clihy---Koscielny---Rami-----Reveillere
--------------Lloris(cap)--------------

Go on France! Allez!

(realistically I fear a bit of a hammering if they concede first, haven't seen a lot of spirit and ability to dig in with this French team)

Don't like it.

Debuchy's been terrific at RB and arguably France's best player in tournament so far. Why not just keep him there and use a lively and HARD working player like Valbuena as right wing?

If not, put Nasri in and bring Menez or Ben Arfa as sub.

Reveillere is experienced but gotten older and slower. Debuchy's been fantastic as right-back and there's no reason to change that.

Cabaye's doubtful as well but I hope he's back in starting line up after that minor injury which forced him to sit out Swede game. France missed him in that game and he's been great.

Debuchy play sometime at this post with Lille, it's just much more defensif display.

I know. I remember Debuchy making his debut as midfielder. He scored too if I recall correctly.

He later on became right-back so he's certainly capable of playing there. He's very versatile and can play CM, RM, LM, RB, he's played in many positions since his debut as midfielder. Finally, he was converted to a great right-back.

I know he can play there, I was just saying, I find that odd. If Blanc wants someone who is gonna 'defend' more and not be lazy like Nasri, Ben Arfa and Menez, I understand but that's where Valbuena comes in! He's not as talented as those 3 but always gives 100% as you know as an OM fan. ;)

I'd pick him over moving Debuchy forward and playing a slower Reveillere.

lol watching greece vs france in 2004 was far more exciting than this.

Jesus Christ ... I just saw in-depth analysis of the goal and ... what in god's blessed name was MALOUDA THINKING???
Is he on drugs?
I don't even ...

Don't have one - but that's just a matter of time. Alonso was standing right beside him and when he started running towards the huge open area in the box, Malouda just trotted along watching him score with the most bored attitude you could possibly imagine ... in the 18th freaking minute! Complete refusal to work or just sheer tactical incapability (which I doubt, the guy is one of the most experienced players on the pitch).
Unbelievable. Especially with his pace he could've easily outrun a guy like Alonso. But, hey, it's just Spain - no biggie having them 1 in front, I guess. :/

1340478318913.gif

Questions need to be asked of this French team. Obviously talented but seem to lack cohesion, heart, desire....?

Very disappointing. They really didn't give Spain anything to worry about tonight.

This team are not ready for big games, so boring from the two parts, one side do nothing and other play peacefully with the ball...

Re: France Thread - Au revoir

Benzema was bad for you, well not directly bad but not in the right places. Overall I think you picked yourself up pretty good after the Sweden match and with a little luck could have gotten a goal in the second half.

The future ain't so dark for France, judging from this tournament.

I can deal with losing, but not like this: no pride, no honor, no heart.
This generation is spoiled. Half of the players should not play for their country ever.
It was a EURO QUARTER-FINALS but it look like they didn't even care !!!

Imo Blanc has failed: 1W/1D/2L (2*2-0) is a sh*t performance.

that gif was kind the replay showed 2-3 players walking and malouda was just the closes to the attack and never showed urgency . Ribery was good imo benzema was unlucky.

that didn't feel like a big game in a major international tournament with a lot at stake, France just conceded and decided that's fine and we won't do much to change things.

I do partly blame Blanc for this.

His set-up was too negative today and he tried to 'defend' Spain instead of playing to France' strengths and believing in themselves.

He put Debuchy as Right midfielder and Reveillere in team when he could've put Debuchy where he's been France's best player and that's RB and have a player like Valbuena/Nasri or Ben Arfa on right.

France tried to STOP Spain from even before the game with their tactical set up and intent instead of try to WIN the game.

Problem with these defensive tactics is once you go a goal down, and you will at some point through a mistake or relentless pressure or even an unlucky bounce, then it's very hard to suddenly try to go for the game and create many chances.

So he ended up taking out Debuchy who never gets tired and was doing okay and bringing in a sulking Menez who does nothing good but get yet another yellow card.

I remain a fan of Blanc and think he's a very good manager but France lost a narrow game to one of the world's best teams and the future remains bright.

Just have to get rid of players like Malouda who was another one of Blanc's mistakes (he started twice and both times France played bad as he doesn't attack nor defend, in CENTRAL of midfield for fuck's sake!) and tell Menez to get his act together if he wants to play for National Team. He'll always have a shitty attitude though so I wouldn't bang on that. Luckily for France, they've got plenty of quality players and don't need him.

Good tournament for Cabaye and M'vila did well today as well. Clichy was also a welcomed change for Evra. Lloris saved a couple one-on-ones as well.

I actually thought BEnzema was a lot better today than his previous games. Not only did he try hard, but he got Ramos a yellow card, drew a couple fouls and deliver 'some' nice passes. A lot of times him and Ribery miscommunicated though and their passes to each other (1-two's) went stray.

All in all, France isn't a bad team and I think apart from Germany or Spain, they could beat anyone. So it's also a bit of bad luck to get Spain. I think they could beat Portugal who's already in semifinals and they're superior to England and Italy as well.

I was expecting a lot more from the French. Does anyone think that they could have set it up like Portugal? I mean Ribery is similar to CR and then you have two fast skillful wingers like Arfa and Menez on the right who could adopt the Nani role. Plus you got Benz who is a huge step up from Postiga/Almeida.

How can never being in a scoring position count for unlucky?

Benzema had to go deep to bring the ball up. Ribery was the only player that created space and he had trouble servicing balls to Benzema. Benzema did good imo and move the ball around just couldn`t get past Spain`s backline. He still manage to take a shot even though its was in no mans land .

Out not with a bang but a whimper.

Blanc needed to be more courageous. Several players seem to think their ego's are more important too.

I'm not surprised they get called out in the French press then resort to hurling insults at journalists. Great to see the back of Malouda and Nasri the latter seems to think he is a great player.

He seems to have forgotten about Platini and Zidane.

Guys, why Sakho was not included in the squad for Euro?
I thought him, M'Vila and Remy formthe new generationand all of them would be at least in the roster for this tournament.

Back
Top Bottom