Thierry Henry (FC Barcelone/ESP)
Karim Benzema (Lyon)
Patrick Vieira (Inter Milan/ITA)
Willy Sagnol (Bayenr Munich, ALL)
Mathieu Valbuena (Marseille)
Bakary Sagna (Arsenal, ENG)
Sébastien Frey (Fiorentina, ITA)

Last edited:
How much will England lose tonight by then?

I'm going for 2-0, one being a Beckham O.G. :lol:

I suppose it's just going to be a training game. Who wants to get injured at this stage of the season?

I'll go for 1-1 or something similarly dull.

He's done ok - 30 mins gone and the problem for him looks to be that when he gets the ball he has no one to cross to. Everyone is outside the box.

As for his 100th cap, just get it over and done with to shut the tedious press up.

Beckham has been one of our best players over the recent years and would be one of the first names on my teamsheet. He's so inspirational too, give everyone a massive lift.

Capello is not the tactical genius we all thought he was, playing Rooney up front on his own...what a prick :((.

As for the penalty - absolutely nailed on penalty :lmao:. Fucking David James could have easily seen Anelka was going to knock it to the right and sprint past him. Could have easily been avoided imo. But then that's England, why do something easily when you can complicate it?

France look very good going forward, playing fast, crisp football and look dangerous. England look shit. Playing silly, pointless passes around the edge of the box til someone loses it and then France counter...

England are fucking awful, we ain't winning nothing in my lifetime :((.

Yeah pretty much 100% identical, but Henry instead of Anelka!

England just looked as if we couldn't be bothered tonight. Bloody rubbish. For the next England match Capello should pick a whole squad of "fringe" internationals and play with them. Would be a lot better. Or use the Under21 squad as the full team.

Beckham has been one of our best players over the recent years and would be one of the first names on my teamsheet. He's so inspirational too, give everyone a massive lift.

Capello is not the tactical genius we all thought he was, playing Rooney up front on his own...what a prick :((.

Do you know Ronney plays exactly the same role in a 433 formation during All Manchester big games??
and for James i agree he's a very good goalkeeper but what an idiot he is when he comes out of his line:SS

Anyway it wasnt a great game,Ribery,Anelka showed their class,and for England A.Cole,Ferdinand and Becks did well

But he's got 2 natural wingers alongside him, Ronaldo & Giggs/Nani. For England I wouldn't say J.Cole or Beckham was a winger. Plus England were blatantly playing 4-5-1, whereas like you say, Man Utd play 4-3-3.

Well that was two hours of my life I'll never get back.

Thank the LORD for club football!

What's the difference between a ginger and a brick?

A brick can get laid. :lol:

Last edited:
:anx:
the biggest problem of england national team..... are the fans...

i mean, this is a football forum... wich means that users should have a quite decent knowledge of the game (at least, considering the amount of matches u guys watch every year).......

did u really expect england to become a different team after 2 matches under capello????

do u really think u can express a fair judgement about capello's work after 2 matches? i mean, how many training\tactcal sessions did he hold so far? 7, 8, maybe 10? it's less than a 2 weeks job as a club coach! and u expect to see already any big changes?
honestly i have never been a big fan of capello, but still i (like everyone else who has watched football in the last 20 years)have to admit he's one of the greatests and most successful coaches of all times. saying "he's not the genius we thought he was" is very harsh. i mean, where have u been in the last 20 years????

did u really expect england to play good football after just 2 matches under capello?... against france??? in french territory??? i'd say that's pretty ridiculous, honestly :-k
it will take at least 1 year (probably 2 years) to really appreciate some changes in england national team's football, to judge capello's work.

Nowadays Lippi is praised like a god and considered a living legend.... but still his first 5 matches as italy's national team's coaches were pretty poor (he lost his first match against iceland!!!).

beside i already noticed some steps foward yesterday. i just watched the first half (because after the 1st half the italy match began) and i already saw a difference between yesterday's match and capello's first match. the team was well lined up, the distance between defence and midfield was perfect, the central midfielders covered their own midfield really well, keeping the right distance between each others and between them and the 2 cbs. the players also looked more cool than last time. they didn't look "scared" and under pressure like last time, and we didn't see those ridiculous mistakes in the passing game we saw last time against switzerland.
definitely they didn't look really dangerous, talking about the attacking phase, but afterall they were playing against france, in paris.... and besides it was just a friendly match.

so be patient, give a break to the team and the coach ;))

Last edited:
Yet again England got found out no passing, no movement.

Seriously Capello needs to change things up.

Seriously Capello needs to change things up.

Yes, but give him time...i remember claiming that Capello IMHO (very humble in these things) was not the right manager for England.

Am i saying now: "i told so"...no...it's much too soon...
I completely agree with what lo zio said...how do you people expect to see radical changes after such a short time...

If people wan to see big changes and you want to see Capello's imprint on England's game it will take a couple of years...but usually football fans and tabloids lack patience...

I completely agree with lo zio. England started off with good ball possession and short passing. Beckham was great, he always seems committed. Capello needs time, and he has plenty of it until 2010.

Completely off-topic, but beginning a new thread would seem a provocation...

Portugal lost again against Greece...that will add to the already big frustration of some Portuges members over here...a third time and once again they loose...after all one must presume that Greece are not that bad...

Back
Top Bottom