France- England Internationl Friendly

ALAIN

blue!!!!
22 February 2005
france
chelsea fc,psg
Should be a good game at the Stade de France.
Will Becks get his 100 caps?
Now Lamps is fit and in form ,it's gonna be interesting to see if Capello will play both him and Gerrard in the same team or will definitely choose one.
Here the squads:

England
Goalkeepers:
James (Portsmouth), Carson (Aston Villa), Kirkland (Wigan)

Defenders: Bridge (Chelsea), A Cole (Chelsea), Johnson (Portsmouth), Terry (Chelsea), Brown (Man Utd), Lescott (Everton), Ferdinand (Man Utd), Wheater (Middlesbrough), Woodgate (Tottenham), Upson (West Ham)

Midfielders:
Barry (Aston Villa), Young (Aston Villa), Bentley (Blackburn), J Cole (Chelsea), Lampard (Chelsea), Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), Beckham (Los Angeles Galaxy), Gerrard (Liverpool), Hargreaves (Man Utd), Downing (Middlesbrough), Jenas (Tottenham)

Forwards:
Walcott (Arsenal), Agbonlahor (Aston Villa), Crouch (Liverpool), Rooney (Man Utd), Owen (Newcastle), Defoe (Portsmouth).

France:

Goalkeeper:
Steve Mandanda (OM), Mickaël Landreau (PSG), Sébastien Frey (Fiorentina), Grégory Coupet (Lyon)

Defenders:
Eric Abidal (Barcelone), Jean-Alain Boumsong (Lyon), François Clerc (Lyon), Gaël Clichy (Arsenal), Mathieu Delpierre (VfB Stuttgart), Julien Escudé(Séville), Patrice Evra (Manchester United), William Gallas (Arsenal), Gaël Givet (OM), Philippe Mexès (AS Roma), Adil Rami (Lille), Bakary Sagna (Arsenal), Sébastien Squillaci (Lyon), Lilian Thuram (Barcelone).

Midfielders:
Mathieu Bodmer (Lyon), Alou Diarra (Bordeaux), Lassana Diarra (Portsmouth), Mathieu Flamini (Arsenal), Claude Makelele (Chelsea), Rio Mavuba (Lille), Samir Nasri (OM), Jérôme Rothen (PSG), Jérémy Toulalan (Lyon), Patrick Viera (Inter Milan).

Forwards:
Nicolas Anelka (Chelsea), Hatem Ben Arfa (Lyon), Karim Benzema (Lyon), Jimmy Briand (Rennes), Djibril Cissé (OM), Sidney Govou (Lyon), Thierry Henry (Barcelone), Florent Malouda (Chelsea), Franck Ribéry (Bayern Munich), Louis Saha (Manchester United), Mathieu Valbuena (OM).

ps:Louis Saha is injured(Again:brick:)so Sinama Pongolle(Recreativo Huelva) takes his place

Where'd you got those squads from???

30 players for England?
40 !!! for France?

Yep England squad will be reduced to 23 on saturday and for France The day before they play England half of the squad will play against MAli

We really need to start looking to the future given we have no comp coming up thanks to the brolly wally... If he's going to give becks his cap get it over and done with otherwise start looking at our youth and thinking outside the box..

It very rare to see a player always injured before playing with his country. Always the same with him.

4 "Mathieu" in the squad.

I hope this team

--------------------Mandanda--------------------------
Sagnol---Thuram (or Mexes)---Gallas----Abidal (or Evra)
-----------------Makelelele (or Toulalan)-------------
-----------------------------Vieira-------------------
Ribery (or Valbuena)---------------Ribery (or Ben Arfa)
----------------------------Henry---------------------
-------------------Benzema----------------------------

We really need to start looking to the future given we have no comp coming up thanks to the brolly wally... If he's going to give becks his cap get it over and done with otherwise start looking at our youth and thinking outside the box..

IMO Young and Agbonlahor HAVE to start.

We're gonna get battered.

i'm sure you won't,A.Cole can cope with Ribery ,the only England weakness is the Right Back position even if W.brown has done a good job so far.
I just hope Rooney gives a bad time to Gallas exactly as he did during the last FA Cup Game:))

@TomasGoal,Sagnol is injured.Probably Sagna will start

Last edited:
i'm sure you won't,A.Cole can cope with Ribery ,the only England weakness is the Right Back position even if W.brown has done a good job so far.

Brown certainly hasn't done a good job there and was woeful in Capello's first game.
Very overrated player generally anyway.

Ashley Cole when on form and away from his personal bollocks is brilliant.
Just a shame he's such an odious human being.
.. and he's a bender.

As this rate Capello is probably going to have to compromise and try out a left back in the right back position. :-pp

I have to say i've been impressed with Capello's selections thus far, you certainly wouldn't of seen a group of players like that under Steve McClaren.

There's so much depth in the French squad it's unreal, i'm particulary glad to see call ups for Mandanda, Valbuena, Delpierre, and Bodmer.

Brown certainly hasn't done a good job there and was woeful in Capello's first game.

I was talking about his form with Man u,he has done a decent job so far,OK not too great but given it"s not his real position i think he did well,any Man u fan can confirm?
And i agree with you he was really poor during the first game.

I was talking about his form with Man u,he has done a decent job so far,OK not too great but given it"s not his real position i think he did well,any Man u fan can confirm?
And i agree with you he was really poor during the first game.

Sorry mate, in the context of what you were saying, it seemed like you was referring to England.:))

He has indeed played well for Man Utd this year at right back.

Well Capello said he will pick players based on their actual form right?someone explain me how Crouch can be in the final 23 and Defoe isn't?nothing against Crouch i like the player but Crouch hardly played a game recently and at the same time Defoe didn't stop scoring...

Also are out:SWP,Jenas,Weather ,Gabriel Agbonlahor, Ashley Young,

I don't think he will play.

The hierarchy is Gallas-Thuram-Escudé-Boumsong-Squillaci-Mexes-Delpierre-Rami
and you can add Abidal before Mexes in the coach mind.

Loic Remy was called.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom