Football Manager 2010

I've finally done it!!! I've won the Champions League with Fulham. Hooray!!! I pulled the double. Won the league and the CL. Lost in the semis of the FA Cup. Now to try to win the treble next season. Yeah baby.

Did not know evo-web had an active FM fanbase. Cool stuff. I barely go out of the PES editing area or FIFA news.

Anyways. I am in 2014 with Milan, after resigning from Spurs. I built an awesome team around some young talent from the youth system. First season got third place in the league, and won the FA cup.

Second season, won the league and Barcelona ousted me in quarters of the CL. Won the league cup, but lost in the FA cup final to Chelsea.

In 11/12 Modric left me for Barcelona, so got a lot of money, bought some youngsters and trusted the team on Lennon, Palacios and Sergio Canales. Brought in Hulk during the summer as well. Got the Prem again, but Chelsea beat me in the CL Semis. FA cup was a win against Man U. Lost the league cup to Chelsea.

12/13 Brought in Nathan Delfouneso and Carlos Vela. Finally got the treble, and I quit the post at White Hart Lane. Took a year break from managing :p, and the Milan job opened, and I took it.

This is the squad that won the CL for Spurs, and my current AC Milan squad.

sevillavtottenham2.png

sevillavtottenham4.png

sevillavtottenham5.png

acmilant.png

I got it on the iphone and it's damn addictive.

I went Bayern and instantly went with youth . Played a system to suit me a 4-1-3-2

Recalled Kroos bought a keeper Silvio Proto and spent the better part of 11m on a 17yo from Lyon called Lucas Digne(must be signed at all costs said scout)

Stuck with youth and won the CL in my first season on pens against Seville on pens. Finished 3rd in League but Robben and Ribery were constantly injured:RANT:

Luckily they didn't fit into my formation so i put Robben up for sale along with a recalled Luca Toni. Real Madrid bought Robben for 21m:BOP: The pllayers were not happy but winning brings that and the cup success continued. i spent right away on Forlan as Olic is out for the season. I also won the Super Cup agaist Valencia on Pens and the World Club Championship against Adelaide City 4-0 WTF!! in 2 years LOL.

My scout recommeded i buy a young Brazillian called Coutinho for 3m. i had nothing left after buyig Forlan. Couple of months later he was runner up in the world player of the year and now costs 12m:DOH:.

The funny thing is the board still has the League as a priority:SHOCK:

So i have in my team

............................Proto
Lahm............Badstuber...........Breno............Digne
.............................Veloso........................
Muller................Kroos.................Alaba
.. ......Forlan..............Klose..........

End of season its holiday time:BYE:

Hi!
I'm in my second season with Arsenal; in first season I've won the Premier League, out at 1/8 against Lyon in Champions League, won the FaCup and went out soon in Carling Cup.
Now, in my second season with Gunners, I'm leading the Premier League, will face off Inter in 1/8 Champions League, while I was kicked out of Carling Cup by Tottenham...

However, this is my current squad:

R.Adler
B.Sagna F.Fazio P.Mexes G.Clichy
A.Song
C.Fabregas MousssaSissoko
R.VanPersie E.Dzeko A.Arshavin

L.Fabianski
E.Ebouè W.Gallas T.Vermaelen Maxwell
A.Annan
A.Ramsey A.Diaby
T.Walcott N.Bendtner S.Nasri​

What do you think about my team? :COOL:

It's a pretty standard FM team. That's one thing that annoys me, everyone buys the same players.

Yeah I make sure I don't do that, ruins the game for me. I never find out the -9's and -10's and never read any forum about good players etc, just try to find my own.

I am already at 2022 now. I was managing Verona for a long time (I forgot how long) and took the team to win serie A in about 2016. I managed Italy and won the Euro 2020 and World Cup 2022. At the moment, I am managing Real Madrid at the moment. Higuain is still there surprisingly and I still play him occasionally.

I got an update for my game for the new 2010/11 season, (even the football leagues are now "npower" not "coca cola"!) and have started a new game as Charlton. It's going quite well so far, already out of the Carling Cup and Johnstone's Paint Trophy, but I'm not bothered about either, promotion is my one and only aim. We are broke so have no money for transfers, however I signed a few free players and got 2 players on loan. The two loanees are Krisztián Németh, a 20 year old striker Hungarian from Liverpool who certainly knows where the goal is - he scored 4 in my 7-1 demolishion of MK Dons. And Chris Smalling, 20 year old central defender from Manchester United. Both are regular starters for me and hopefully I'll be able to extend their loans until the end of the season.

The most notable of the free signings are Lee Trundle, Ahmed Ammi and Wilson Oruma. The first of which has been total shite! The other 2 have been very solid and the fans are impressed I got them for free.

Looking forward to playing some more tonight!

I got an update for my game for the new 2010/11 season, (even the football leagues are now "npower" not "coca cola"!) and have started a new game as Charlton. It's going quite well so far, already out of the Carling Cup and Johnstone's Paint Trophy, but I'm not bothered about either, promotion is my one and only aim. We are broke so have no money for transfers, however I signed a few free players and got 2 players on loan. The two loanees are Krisztián Németh, a 20 year old striker Hungarian from Liverpool who certainly knows where the goal is - he scored 4 in my 7-1 demolishion of MK Dons. And Chris Smalling, 20 year old central defender from Manchester United. Both are regular starters for me and hopefully I'll be able to extend their loans until the end of the season.

The most notable of the free signings are Lee Trundle, Ahmed Ammi and Wilson Oruma. The first of which has been total shite! The other 2 have been very solid and the fans are impressed I got them for free.

Looking forward to playing some more tonight!

Oooooh! I have to try and be as realistic as possible. There is no way that the Man U signing would go on loan to a Lg1 club. If they ever did send him out on loan, it would be to a Prem club, or CCC at worst. They've just signed him for millions!

I like the ex-Swansea signing though... should have thought of him!

I've got the update too for all the new leagues etc. Quite exciting to see "NPower League 1" forgot all about that until it popped up in the game!

I reckon he would Pbb, because they know he's going to start as many games as possible for me so he'll be getting some good match experience. I trust in FM - if it wouldn't happen in real life, then FM wouldn't let it happen! He's hardly going to be breaking into the Man Utd first team this season so I guess he would go out on loan.

Last edited:
I reckon he would Pbb, because they know he's going to start as many games as possible for me so he'll be getting some good match experience. I trust in FM - if it wouldn't happen in real life, then FM wouldn't let it happen!

:D Brilliant, only the logic a true FM'er would apply to a game!

The loan player from Liverpool is pretty much identical, same age, same value, same stature, so he's in the same boat to be honest.

I don't think FM is as realistic as some people like to think.

Some of the quality players I end up signing/loaning for Coventry (or other Championship sides) would never join them in real life, especially some of the foreign players (some of whom play international football for decent nations).

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a master tactician and don't have extensive knowledge of world football, but it's rare that I don't get promoted within 3 seasons, and become at least a mid-table Prem side within about 6.
Although I support them, from recent seasons Coventry have been a hopeless team with little chance of attracting quality players to mount a challenge for the playoffs.
This failure is with real football managers (albeit not great ones), it's not really realistic for a manager with relatively little world football knowledge and no past management experience (me) to command the respect of professional footballers and attract quality players and lead them to success.

You only need to read threads on forums to see the sheer amount of success stories and superstar lineups to see this isn't just me saying I'm good at the game.

I suppose the way they tell you exactly how good every player is at everything on a 1-20 scale will always make building a squad too easy.
I'd like to see the visible attributes removed in FM2011, making you judge players based on; your own knowledge, coach/scout reports and statistics. Of course it won't happen, it's just what i'd like to see.

So, is FM realistic? I don't think so at all (off the pitch anyway, on the pitch it's the best simulation of football ever made)
But is it fun to play? Yeah, it can be great fun, especially multiplayer with some mates.

It can't be 100% real otherwise it wouldn't be fun to play.

If you support Charlton/Coventry/Newcastle it is nice to play the game and get promoted and win things etc. Things that would never happen in real life ;))

If you couldn't have the potential and achieve things like that it would be shit.

So it is never going to be really really realistic, but it is a well researched and great game to play. You can't help but admire and appreciate the game.

To be fair, I managed to get Newcastle promoted first season and then struggled in the Premier League. If you don't buy the best players, you'll get more realism.

These are 5 rules I use to make it better for my games

1)Turn attribute masking on.
2)Don't look in the editor at the potential ability ratings.
3)Don't download shortlists of the best young players.
4)Avoid any thread on any forum telling you who all the wonderkids are. (I've done this almost to perfection for FM10, I only know one and I've never even searched for him in game. He hasn't been found by a scout so I don't know who he is.)
5) Only go for players you're scouts recommend or that you know in real life.

At the end of the day, it's a game and there's only so far they can take it at the moment. It's pretty fucking realistic considering. Most of the above is basically cheating anyway IMO and totally ruins the game, I don't know why people do it.

To be fair, I managed to get Newcastle promoted first season and then struggled in the Premier League. If you don't buy the best players, you'll get more realism.
That's true, but unfortunately when playing multiplayer the other players won't do this, so you either join in the unrealistic snapping up of over the top quality players or you struggle and look shite at the game :P.

You could do this offline as generally AI controlled teams don't make these extraordinary signings but FM single player just feels so "lonely" to me. It just doesn't really hold my interest without the banter and conversation with other people playing the same game.

These are 5 rules I use to make it better for my games

1)Turn attribute masking on.
2)Don't look in the editor at the potential ability ratings.
3)Don't download shortlists of the best young players.
4)Avoid any thread on any forum telling you who all the wonderkids are. (I've done this almost to perfection for FM10, I only know one and I've never even searched for him in game. He hasn't been found by a scout so I don't know who he is.)
5) Only go for players you're scouts recommend or that you know in real life.

At the end of the day, it's a game and there's only so far they can take it at the moment. It's pretty fucking realistic considering. Most of the above is basically cheating anyway IMO and totally ruins the game, I don't know why people do it.
I agree, I follow 1-4 anyway and I also don't understand why other people wouldn't follow them too, but I have signed players my scouts didn't find who I don't know in real life for the aforementioned reason about multiplayer :).

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant people Stu knows from school/work and stuff rather than from Evo-Web, because people on here generally seem to prefer making footy games as realistic as possible but most people you meet wouldn't care, but that doesn't make them cunts.

Sorry if you interpreted it another way :P.

Back
Top Bottom