FIFA World Cup 2014 - PS3/X360 Only

omg, the only reason was not to make FIFA 14 NG for PC because it came out way earlier than the PS4 & XBO, got it?....imo if PS4 & XBO not selling well(like shit ) that would be the only reason not the have NG for PC too this autumn

Not really. EA has exclusive deal with Microsoft for Xbox One. Lasting 5 years. Thus it's not impossible to think PC will get NG in 2017/2018 the earliest ;(.

Similar thing did happen with X360 after all -.-

Disaster for who? :P

If PC gamers actually bought games EA would probably make Fifa 15 with ignite engine for PC, but the world of PC gamers is full of :PIRATE:

Can´t blame EA for not making a proper Fifa 15 version for PC, neither Konami for thinking about not releasing PES2015 for PC... Blame the PC gamers :SMUG:

:APPLAUD:Is full of them(crappy:PIRATE:)!

Disaster for who? :P

If PC gamers actually bought games EA would probably make Fifa 15 with ignite engine for PC, but the world of PC gamers is full of :PIRATE:

Can´t blame EA for not making a proper Fifa 15 version for PC, neither Konami for thinking about not releasing PES2015 for PC... Blame the PC gamers :SMUG:
Absolute bollocks. PC gamers do buy games, FIFA is actually selling very well on the PC.

There are indeed a lot of pirates, but there are just as many legitimate owners of many games, come check mine and my friends' Steam game-libraries. :)

Oh and by the way, there a lot of pirates playing Xbox 360/PS3 games out there, but you don't hear anyone talk about that. ;)

Let's just get back on topic here.

I don't know why people refuse to believe EA's reasoning for not putting Ignite on PC. It's not piracy and it's not because of exclusivity agreements with console manufacturers. A huge portion of Fifa's PC install base has low-end equipment that wouldn't run Ignite very well. I mean, look how many complaints about performance we see with the current-gen game. They're not going to make a game that their target demographic won't be able to run.

Yeah it sucks, but it's not some big conspiracy.

I was just responding to Honome there, otherwise I completely agree, the PC masses use laptops which wouldn't be able to run the NG FIFA.

Until the mainstream laptops are powerful enough for NG, we won't see Ignite on the PC. A reasonable expectation would be in about 2 years imo. :)

Absolute bollocks. PC gamers do buy games, FIFA is actually selling very well on the PC.

There are indeed a lot of pirates, but there are just as many legitimate owners of many games, come check mine and my friends' Steam game-libraries. :)

Oh and by the way, there a lot of pirates playing Xbox 360/PS3 games out there, but you don't hear anyone talk about that. ;)

Let's just get back on topic here.

Is there a Fifa 14 PC sales number somewhere? I would be surprise if it sold more than 500k...

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=FIFA&publisher=&platform=PC&genre=&minSales=0.25&results=200

The boxed DVD version sold 250 000, which is pretty low, but they sell many, MANY more copies digitally. That can't be calculated unfortunately, but believe me, the digital sales are really high (I own the game digitally, as well as all of the PC FIFA players I know).

There are very few PC gamers who buy hard copies of games nowadays. And it's way more convenient to do it digitally. :)

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=FIFA&publisher=&platform=PC&genre=&minSales=0.25&results=200

The boxed DVD version sold 250 000, which is pretty low, but they sell many, MANY more copies digitally. That can't be calculated unfortunately, but believe me, the digital sales are really high (I own the game digitally, as well as all of the PC FIFA players I know).

There are very few PC gamers who buy hard copies of games nowadays. And it's way more convenient to do it digitally. :)

yes unfortunatley using digital downloads it is impossible to understand how many have actually been downloaded

Is there a Fifa 14 PC sales number somewhere? I would be surprise if it sold more than 500k...

Origin. No one buys boxed games anyway (so passe :P).

And how many sold from Origin only EA knows, but I believe it's pretty high and can be over 500k easily (speaking Worldwide) ;).

yes unfortunatley using digital downloads it is impossible to understand how many have actually been downloaded
I believe that was sarcasm and I suspected that someone might respond this way. Well, if you had thought about it more carefully, you would have figured out that with all the online CD Key stores, which are literally hundreds, there's no possible way for EA to know exactly how many keys have been sold from these independent 3rd-party sites.

They could have a number on how many digital copies have been activated on Origin, but nobody outside EA would know that, so what I meant to say is, there's no way we can know the figure. :)

You know what - I gave the demo another go. Set it to Dynamic Cam and tried playing a considered style of football and it's growing on me. Took me a few games to get into it again as I haven't played FIFA vs the CPU in a while and I don't own FIFA 14. But it's not too bad :P

yep and digitally is far cheaper via VPN so maybe EA sell more but they wont get the full price. Before I got my PS4 the last 2 fifa's i paid £13 and £15 via mexico and russia VPN's. Reading the message boards everyone is doing it

yep and digitally is far cheaper via VPN so maybe EA sell more but they wont get the full price. Before I got my PS4 the last 2 fifa's i paid £13 and £15 via mexico and russia VPN's. Reading the message boards everyone is doing it

They are yes, I got my last 2 FIFA's using an Indian VPN.

Paid £13 for it both times.

its fun. not many opponents online so far, only had one game it was decent. but atm loving the heck out of the challenges of the qualifiers

no i havent seen online co-op(but i think you can play on one console with buddies by adding a guest). captain your country can be played up to 4 players

gameplay feels much more unresponsive than FIFA 14, its more like a PES game :D but its quiet fun.

no i havent seen online co-op(but i think you can play on one console with buddies by adding a guest). captain your country can be played up to 4 players

gameplay feels much more unresponsive than FIFA 14, its more like a PES game :D but its quiet fun.

I'm also getting that unresponsive feel to it.

Hopefully slider settings will help

The dysfunctional ball physics in FIFA 14 and this are game breakers really.

Last edited:
Well, i think PC users can´t complain if EA don´t make a proper Fifa 15 for PC after seeing what some people make with the game.

Fifa 14 with mods, is not the same as next gen version.

Yes graphically the PC version is slightly better, but the gameplay is awful in comparison.

No-one said it is. FIFA World Cup 2014 is not on Next gen engine either though. It's old gen. ;)

It was based on what Honome said.

Saying why PC players are moaning about not having next gen when we have mods.

I would rather have next gen than PC with mods.

But I would also rather have PC next gen with mods....

Back
Top Bottom