FIFA World Cup 2014 - PS3/X360 Only

bsmaff

International
11 August 2003
Hertfordshire
Exeter City
EA has announced that it will be releasing a standalone FIFA World Cup 2014 game for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 will be released on the 17th April in the UK and across Europe, and a few days early on the 15th in North America.

The game won't be coming out on PC, PlayStation 4 or Xbox One in an effort to get the game to as many people as possible while balancing development resources.

The game's producer Matt Prior told IGN, "We've got to focus development on where there will be biggest for the buck. So obviously 360 and PS3 are still, by far, the most popular games consoles right now.

"Over time that’s likely to change. But right now they have the biggest market penetration and we wanted to get this game to as many people as we possibly could."

Another reason for development focussing on PS3 and Xbox 360 was to reach emerging markets, such as the tournament's host nation. "It’s going to be a huge game in Brazil. Gen 4 penetration there is pretty much zero. So we want get our game to as many people as we possibly could. Right now that’s PS3 and 360."

You can read more from IGN's interview with Prior below, in which he talks in more detail about the changes made to FIFA's gameplay, how those improvements will roll back into the next FIFA, and how the World Cup will aim to make the experience more accessible for novice players.

The game will build on the gameplay of FIFA 14, but will make considerable improvements, based on fan feedback and a desire to make the game more accessible to a wider audience, reflecting the mass appeal of the competition itself.
•Play in authentic Brazilian stadiums, and recognise the support of newly rendered crowds and patriotic presentation to replicate the passion of the World Cup
•New control systems with more responsive dribbling, and pinpoint passing on the agenda. Change direction on and off the ball with purpose
•New Set piece tactics
•Adidas ball Physics – we’ve partnered with adidas to deliver the most realistic ball physics system on Xbox 360 and PS3, taking data from the adidas Innovation Lab in Herzogenaurach, Germany, to implement it into the game to give the Brazuca and other adidas balls true-to-life flight and grass friction
•England fans rejoice... or not - new penalty kicks! With new save and animations and shot tuning that puts players in control of their nation’s fate. Goalkeeper antics to throw off your opposition including wobbly-knees, matador and shoot-it-there animations.
•EA SPORTS Talk Radio – receive dynamic tournament updates from your choice of Andy Goldstein and Ian Darke, or Michael Davies and Roger Bennett (Men in Blazers) as you play through various offline modes. Over 50 hours of recorded audio keeps the narrative fresh and entertaining.
•Teams – 203 teams sanctioned by FIFA
•Players – 7,469 players in the game
•Managers – 19 officially licensed managers
•Stadiums – 21 new stadiums, including all 12 authentic stadiums in Brazil
•Commentary – Over 15 hours of added in-game commentary

The game will also feature new modes:
•Road to the FIFA World Cup – the most immersive tournament mode in EA SPORTS history, you can choose from any of the 203 National Teams sanctioned by FIFA and play through qualifying and through to the group stages of the World Cup
•Captain your Country – one of the most popular FIFA modes of all time
•Road to Rio de Janeiro - Progress across a map of Brazil’s 12 host cities. Compete in Online Stages with any of the 203 National Teams to advance, remain in a city, or be relegated. Win the final of 12 stages to hoist the FIFA World Cup Trophy
•Online FIFA World Cup – compete in Group and World Cup Finals online
•Story of Qualifying – over 60 scenarios that happened in real world qualifying
•Story of Finals (online) – activated at the start of the tournament and updated throughout, play challenges on the narrative of the day’s real world events
•Additional modes: 2014 FIFA World Cup, Kick Off, Skill Games, Online Friendlies, EA SPORTS Football Club

Next gen :LOL:

Well played, EA. The base is already created for the PS4/XBone so what's the difference between FIFA 14 NG and this WC game?

So lazy.

Strange. With over 3 million PS4's sold and about 47 Xbones already in homes, even if only a third of those people purchased the game (which should be a hot product in a world cup year coupled with the lack of decent next gen games on the horizon) surely EA would make some lolly...

I reckon the development costs of creating the stadiums in the next gen engine weren't worth while for the sales they would get.

No version either, but then there wasn't PC version of the last world cup game so no surprised.

I also won't be getting it as my PS3 goes in the bin after the Last of Us DLC comes out.

I was so excited to see the next world cup game on PS4. I even made a post about the incoming announcement of the game, but look what EA have done...

Fuck you EA!!

at least give us the same gamemodes like in ps3 ,x box 360 for ps4 ,xbox one (tournementmodes or more + ).
so we can make a custom worldcup for nextgen consoles, with a dlc giving 4 wc stadiums and logos for a decent price (15 €)
just dreaming here ,
but,like mentioned few good games out on next gen consoles now,would sell good.

...a desire to make the game more accessible to a wider audience....

•New control systems with more responsive dribbling, and pinpoint passing on the agenda. Change direction on and off the ball with purpose

:PUKE:

thats intresting...i have a ps3 but i was looking forward to play this on pc with high res, sweetfx, extra faces etc etc..

Well the last World Cup game was PS3/XB only so was never going to be released on the PC.
Euro 2012 was only on all formats because it was the biggest hash job ever done.

I just hope the PC gets the next gen version of the game this year, but I know I am just getting my hopes up to be massively disappointed in August when they announce the PC will be the old gen version as EA will come up with the usual bullshit of your average PC isn't powerful enough to run the next gen engine.

New screens:

1392064777-media.jpg

1392161728-media.jpg

Might get this. Hopefully EA have added some heft to the ball and players. Also hope the ball doesn't run forever like it does in FIFA 14. Not a fan of that feature.

I expect an amazing game. Generally EA do their very best in WC games (except World Cup 06, '06 sucked like all those of that generation, I prefer PES 6 with IC mode), South Africa was oneof the best games I ever played. 98 and RTWC too.

I loved the 2010 South Africa game. Hopefully this one is just as good. I didn't buy PES or FIFA this year but if they do a decent job of this one it will be a day one purchase for me. Played the 2010 game until 3 or 4 in the morning most weekends.

Back
Top Bottom