FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (PC Version)

It usually takes me 3-4 months before I'm happy with my GP mods. Cant expect perfection after a few weeks haha
Aye wish I had your skills lol, there was a stage on FIFA 21 where FIFA brought out his full mod and I really enjoyed the game , feel like the games gone backwards since then , could be so much better but stupid things ruin it .

Aye wish I had your skills lol, there was a stage on FIFA 21 where FIFA brought out his full mod and I really enjoyed the game , feel like the games gone backwards since then , could be so much better but stupid things ruin it .
Well the "community" barely helps itself. So it wont be helping you or anyone else anytime soon.

But yes, you are not alone in feeling that way which is why I skipped FIFA 22 and played a modded 21 until now. I still know many that still do.

EA dont really care about Career Mode or offline in general. They havent for years. FIFA will never be what you want.

So, its either mod it in to oblivion or dont buy/play it. I accepted this years ago.

Maybe this angle? Picture of modded Pes camera, but this is what i am searching for. Maybe a little bit more zoomed out, but only a little bit :)

and anyone think the ball in Fifa is a little bit too big?Look funny 🤣
Exhacly about the angles I agree with your post but I think @hatesince97 will make a better camera mod for all stadiums like real life also I believe a mod about goalnets with complete fifa23 for me gameplay camera goalnet mod

After a month without desktop computer, I've tested FIFA 23 in PC. FIFA 22(PC) was highly scripted and very focused in creating 1 vs 1 situations to solve them with freestyle moves.
Although there are still problems with the positioning of IA players creating a lot of space, FIFA 23 is more realistic and natural. I feel players move on-rails (probably because they tried to mimic the inertia there's a in a real match) and also, there are gaps of unresponsive moments (may be because the motor is trying to limit you the options you have so it is able to resolve the situation). Despite it is more realistic in many ways and that sometimes is fun to play because of the new movements, I don't like the overall feeling of its gameplay. I prefer to feel I'm in full control of the player and the situation (like FIFA 16 or PES 6), rather than battling with inertia/scripts. I hate players still shooting with volleys in the goal box when, 90% of this kind of situations in a real match are defined with short kicks to deviate the ball.
Crazy to see that the gameplay changes with the camera (tested with EA gamecam and default cam)

On the graphic side, nothing new. At this point we should be much much closer to a real match. Turf is terrible.

Although I'm 33 years old and I have been playing FIFA for 25 years, it's the first time I feel old playing a game. Everything is made to create action.
I didn't like the new hypermotion overlays in replays. Neither the zoom when there's a critical situation, working like a spoiler of a good moment coming. I'm more traditional in every sense of the word. I prefer they make the game as close to the tv broadcast as possible. But well, I know is intended for new generations, to follow the e-sports scheme and new music trends.

The best of this game for me is the audio atmosphere in-game. I love how the crowd react to each situation.

Would I pay $ 60 for it? Not at all.
$ 10 in July 2023? May be.

After playing it, I tested FIFA 23 Switch version (that is basically a FIFA 16 with some added movements). I prefer that game over the PC version.

Last edited:
Question... If I have 2 computers which I have install the game with the same ea account and first pc have origin and the second pc have ea app can I run the game at the same time? Also can I download the origin from some where? I saw a link about I think its the German version.

Question... If I have 2 computers which I have install the game with the same ea account and first pc have origin and the second pc have ea app can I run the game at the same time? Also can I download the origin from some where? I saw a link about I think its the German version.
It's English two members posted it work fine

Update on the gameplay files.... unfortunately I feel like I'm heading to the same place I did on FIFA 20 - that is there is just no way around 1v1. Despite all of the files (and their promising names) and variables, there just doesn't seem to be any proper way of waking the defensive AI up. We can improve the situation somewhat, but ultimately if you constantly have players switching off as a collective, and not being alive to condensing the space around them, then you're just left with constant isolation ball...and that doesn't resemble football.

This, combined with a couple of other significant issues (like defenders not being able to switch into a jockey fast enough when you cut behind them on an angle, and you have far too many situations where the game just breaks down completely and you can run from CB to a 1v1 with the keeper.

I've managed to improve various things in regards to shifting the power back to defenders and I've also slowed movements etc down quite a lot, but all of those adjustments are for nothing for as long as we have 1v1. I'll keep trying anyway and hope that I stumble on a magical fix, but it's not looking as good as I first had hoped earlier in the week! :(

I have tried quite a few mods this year and all the ones tested don't fix Moses being the main centre back and parting like the red sea when someone attacks.

Also, I think it was Emroth in another forum summed it up best that this year, I am purposely trying to play football and create attacks without taking advantage of huge exploits.
Whenever you take advantage of the exploits you can pretty score all the time.

I am still hoping that Paul2k's gameplay mods start making some progress, as at the moment the AI scores the same goal which can't be stopped, and I find the game against the AI so incredibly boring - No variation or fun at all.

I have tried quite a few mods this year and all the ones tested don't fix Moses being the main centre back and parting like the red sea when someone attacks.

Also, I think it was Emroth in another forum summed it up best that this year, I am purposely trying to play football and create attacks without taking advantage of huge exploits.
Whenever you take advantage of the exploits you can pretty score all the time.

I am still hoping that Paul2k's gameplay mods start making some progress, as at the moment the AI scores the same goal which can't be stopped, and I find the game against the AI so incredibly boring - No variation or fun at all.
Same here! i wish the community could find a way to mod the gameplay to our (sim) liking! 🤞

To all you modders and coders and contributors…
548A68C2-B6EB-4113-96B3-29F26C18D01B.gif

Further to my previous post....I'll give an example of why it's so difficult when dealing with 1v1 (in general and in regards to mods).

So one of the issues last year (and this year) is if you take the ball in defence, the opposition (especially the midfielders) will often drop off into their own half and wait for you to attack. So there's not much resistance when coming out of defence. Now with the positioning files, we can change this so that the midfielders will actually sit much higher to create more resistance. The problem comes when you get beyond them (which is still way too easy because of how rigid and unaware of the ball/passing lanes they are).

Once you're behind them, because they're set to stay higher now, they then will just sit higher up the pitch (think FIFA 21) and won't track based on the ball. They just stick to this rigid zone unless they’re the ‘1’ assigned to go further. They can't seem to be able to collectively both defend high AND low...

The midfielders also won't travel wide - a HUGE issue. They will if the FB or the winger is out of the play- but will only do so when isolated - again a 1v1 issue. So no matter which way you look at it, it's an isolation. Most of the time the midfielders just stick to this rigid triangle in the middle of the field. You can see the line that they just won't cross (again, they only will if they’re the ‘1’). Argh.

In many ways it’s quite similar to the rigid positioning and behaviour of modern PES, where it’s all about set markers on the pitch and very little to do with the ball.

Last edited:
Further to my previous post....I'll give an example of why it's so difficult when dealing with 1v1 (in general and in regards to mods).

So one of the issues last year (and this year) is if you take the ball in defence, the opposition (especially the midfielders) will often drop off into their own half and wait for you to attack. So there's not much resistance when coming out of defence. Now with the positioning files, we can change this so that the midfielders will actually sit much higher to create more resistance. The problem comes when you get beyond them (which is still way too easy because of how rigid and unaware of the ball/passing lanes they are).

Once you're behind them, because they're set to stay higher now, they then will just sit higher up the pitch (think FIFA 21) and won't track based on the ball. They just stick to this rigid zone unless they’re the ‘1’ assigned to go further. They can't seem to be able to collectively both defend high AND low...

The midfielders also won't travel wide - a HUGE issue. They will if the FB or the winger is out of the play- but will only do so when isolated - again a 1v1 issue. So no matter which way you look at it, it's an isolation. Most of the time the midfielders just stick to this rigid triangle in the middle of the field. You can see the line that they just won't cross (again, they only will if they’re the ‘1’). Argh.

In many ways it’s quite similar to the rigid positioning and behaviour of modern PES, where it’s all about set markers on the pitch and very little to do with the ball.
just share your GP and you will get way more feedback and thats your impression, maybe for others its the perfect Gameplay

just share your GP and you will get way more feedback and thats your impression, maybe for others its the perfect Gameplay
I’m still working on it.

The mod manager isn’t out yet either. It’s not so much feedback I’m after, I’m just talking generally about the gameplay and venting some frustration.

I’m still working on it.

The mod manager isn’t out yet either. It’s not so much feedback I’m after, I’m just talking generally about the gameplay and venting some frustration.
You've been editing gameplay with FET right, which hasn't had an updated SDK until today so most of that stuff you spoke about would never have worked / edited correctly. You also have the big issue where FET doesn't apply locale.ini mods properly either (Before I get told off. I've tested this thoroughly, you need to initfs edit instead).

I would say some of what you are complaining about is moddable. Fixable? Depends on your interpretation of "fixed". EBX editing can only go so far into making the AI act differently. Sometimes you need to go further and change the objective system or play about with the difficulty settings to really get the AI to do something different.

You've been editing gameplay with FET right, which hasn't had an updated SDK until today so most of that stuff you spoke about would never have worked / edited correctly. You also have the big issue where FET doesn't apply locale.ini mods properly either (Before I get told off. I've tested this thoroughly, you need to initfs edit instead).

I would say some of what you are complaining about is moddable. Fixable? Depends on your interpretation of "fixed". EBX editing can only go so far into making the AI act differently. Sometimes you need to go further and change the objective system or play about with the difficulty settings to really get the AI to do something different.
Yeah I have. I'll try now that the new beta is out with the updated SDK.

The files I have been testing do seem to be working though, as I can see tangible differences in positioning, physics etc based on the values. I often use extreme values as an initial test, and there are definite changes. I will try some areas which seemed to have little to no impact again though based on what you've said - hopefully you're right!

As you said, I think a lot of it is down to interpretation of what is 'fixed'. I'll keep trying and hopefully you're having some luck too!

The game stopped working after the last update, the problem with anticheat, so far everything was OK. Instead of improving the game for people who do not work, they spoiled it for those who had no problems...

I`m playing with Real on Legendary scoring 7 goals in UCL against Inter. What is wrong with this game?
I mentioned that too. The gameplay with the CPU does not look realistic, and it is also far too easy. I hope they improve it, because I don't play FIFA online and the game is useless to me except for occasionally playing with a live person.

Back
Top Bottom