FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

Any word on when those of us with Origin Access or whatever the fudgecaking thing is called get our hands on Fifa21? I've cancelled my renewal so curious if I get to try it before the year is up...

Any word on when those of us with Origin Access or whatever the fudgecaking thing is called get our hands on Fifa21? I've cancelled my renewal so curious if I get to try it before the year is up...

You get the Ultimate Edition, and you can access the game from 1st October.
Mine is due to expire very shortly, so need to cancel it and then re-purchase with VPN from Russia.

It is now called EA Play Plus.

Last edited:
Given up now, watching the cpu attack at pace and my centre midfielders make no attempt to get back is just a piss take.

You get the Ultimate Edition, and you can access the game from 1st October.
Mine is due to expire very shortly, so need to cancel it and then re-purchase with VPN from Russia.

It is now called EA Play Plus.

Aha nice mine ends 28th November so plenty of time to see if I like Fifa21 enough to keep playing.

Must have mod for me is to be able to start the league season on -12 points!

That's not how it works though, in real life after we win our first 5 games we'll be +3 points ;)

That's why I said lose your first 4.. So you would of won them and been on 0 points anyway.
Just you will have minus goal difference instead of plus.

But Sheff Wed will not win their first 5 games, I would be surprised in they win 5 in their first 10.

about net physics:
if you add this line:

SOCCERNET_BOX_NORMAL_TENSE_4_SUPPORTS=1

in Locale.ini (located in Data folder) above every line, you will be amazed of Fifa net physics.
And add this if you want shallow goalnet and tense, like Premier League.
SOCCERNET_BOX_SHALLOW_TENSE_4_SUPPORTS=1
Or
SOCCERNET_BOX_SHALLOW_NORMAL_4_SUPPORTS=1

Captura_goal.JPG

Then, they will sell us all this types of goalnet as a new NextGen feature for FIFA22...:LOL:

Last edited:
Then, they will sell us all this types of goalnet as a new NextGen feature for FIFA22...:LOL:

Possibly a fut exclusive in 21. There is a stadium creator in 21, you get to unlock things like different goal nets, which are randomly included in packs.
If the game is good and these are unavailable in other modes I will be mad. I don't expect a good game though so I just don't care about it at this point in time. 😆

Possibly a fut exclusive in 21. There is a stadium creator in 21, you get to unlock things like different goal nets, which are randomly included in packs.
If the game is good and these are unavailable in other modes I will be mad. I don't expect a good game though so I just don't care about it at this point in time. 😆
You are correct mate only available in fut

From what I'm hearing, defending is the last major gameplay issue EA seem to care about. But otherwise, it's sounding good.

From what I'm hearing, defending is the last major gameplay issue EA seem to care about. But otherwise, it's sounding good.
This is really concerning. As @papinho81 said the other day, the 1v1 problem is what I’m most worried about. If the AI is still programmed for each player to only ever have a different target to mark then this will keep leading to massive problems all over the pitch. As soon as the AI changes target they give up the chase and they don’t cover space or passing lanes. If this particular element isn’t at least improved in 21 it’ll be really disappointing..

Okay the tackling being nerfed is not even the biggest issue. It's the lack of positioning from the defense and the lack of urgency and marking from the CDMs that are even worse. The CDM just stands and ball watches and the same issue can be seen in the FIFA 21 gameplay videos. Why can't CDMs moved like they did in FIFA 16? FIFA 16 had the best positioning for the defense and covering space. Just copy/paste that code into FIFA 21.

Okay the tackling being nerfed is not even the biggest issue. It's the lack of positioning from the defense and the lack of urgency and marking from the CDMs that are even worse. The CDM just stands and ball watches and the same issue can be seen in the FIFA 21 gameplay videos. Why can't CDMs moved like they did in FIFA 16? FIFA 16 had the best positioning for the defense and covering space. Just copy/paste that code into FIFA 21.
Agree. I think this comes back to 1v1 as well. If the LB for example is marking the winger, then the AI will register that player as marked so doesn’t matter if the space needs cutting off in front of him, he’s deemed as ‘marked’ so he’ll just stay there.

Last edited:
Was this the case in Fifa 17 as well? Seeing as it was the first frostbite fifa, I don't remember having so many defensive issues. It's actually one of my favorite fifa games along with 16

So sad to hear all these stories in how 21 plays out,defending etc
I've come to terms with FIFA 20 and it's 1v1 defending since there's a lot of other good stuff in it,but if it's even more 1v1,that's so God damn bad to hear.

It's time to have two version of this game asap,one for fut/Pro clubs and one for career/kick off.
I always compare FIFA to 2k,,where that's a fact,mycareer/Myteam gameplay Vs a brilliant slider based gameplay on myleague where sliders are so many and make the game so good.
Make it happen EA

I actually think it's worse than FIFA 20.

Why can't CDMs moved like they did in FIFA 16? FIFA 16 had the best positioning for the defense and covering space. Just copy/paste that code into FIFA 21.

They can't just copy the code because there's nothing wrong with the current code, that's how their "1v1s" are supposed to work, it's not football/a team sport by design.

(Well, they can copy it and call it "offline mode"/"actual football mode" or something, but they won't, much better for them if everybody plays some version of fut I suppose).

Last edited:
I guess ill be buying this amazing card collecting game regardless. Its nice that they have interactive gameplay included which often responds to right button presses, which is always nice to see.

But seriously, i am seeing nothing new here. It might as well be season update with a full price tag on.

Back
Top Bottom