FiFA [2006-2011] Next gen ports via RPCS3 and Xenia

Can you try setting a userdata location somewhere other than d:\? You may have that write restricted - you can see the last few lines trying to make a new cl.ini file there and it failing. You can change this in the TOML file where you specified your game asset directory.

If that still fails, try replacing your files with this exe and dlls. https://www.mediafire.com/file/giyoqf5detf6sz9/build.rar/file
According to the toml file, my userdata folder is located within the "FIFA 09 Recomp" folder. I think it's also shown in the log.
I don't know why it decided to write things to the D:\ drive though, I also saw those lines in the log.
I'll try the new files and let you know, thanks!
 
Nope, it still fails while trying to create the files in D:\ even with the new exe and the new dll's:

1791405856123.png

And I don't know why it still wants to use D:\ instead of using a "local" folder (a subdirectory of the "FIFA 09 Recomp" folder I mean). There's no way to change that behaviour in the .toml file unfortunately (at least as far as I can see).
 
Nope, it still fails while trying to create the files in D:\ even with the new exe and the new dll's:

View attachment 451286

And I don't know why it still wants to use D:\ instead of using a "local" folder (a subdirectory of the "FIFA 09 Recomp" folder I mean). There's no way to change that behaviour in the .toml file unfortunately (at least as far as I can see).
The D:\ is not the root cause. That is referring to a local drive within the emulated Xbox environment.
 
The D:\ is not the root cause. That is referring to a local drive within the emulated Xbox environment.
If you're willing to run a diagnostic helper, we may be able to diagnose where the issue is occurring. If you extract this to the recomp folder, run the diagnostic, then attempt to run the recomp, it should generate a FIFA 09 diagnostic txt file. If you send or post that, this may help pinpoint the issue. https://www.mediafire.com/file/vc5zeiibtottgwr/FIFA09-Diagnostic-Launcher.zip/file
 
Here, man!
Thanks in advance for having a look.

Still not working, for the moment. I'll try FIFA 08 later to see if I can get better luck.
Otherwise, I'll keep playing them via RPCS3 or Xenia I guess. :(
 

Attachments

Here, man!
Thanks in advance for having a look.

Still not working, for the moment. I'll try FIFA 08 later to see if I can get better luck.
Otherwise, I'll keep playing them via RPCS3 or Xenia I guess. :(
Thank you for sharing. I’ll take a look and see if I can figure something out.
 
Hi, sorry if this is kinda out of topic.

I've updated my xenia-edge to xenia-edge@791440756 to play FIFA 06 RTWC (finally with sound without crashing). But when I played Winning Eleven X (or PES6), the cut scene suddenly speeds up almost 2x (video provided), but the replay scene is fine (no speed up). Is there anyone who know how to fix this? It's kinda annoying tbh.

Thank you in advance!

 
FIFA 08 is working, man! 🤩
FIFA 09, on the other hand, still doesn't.
Despite having the new DLL's in place, it crashes after the red splash screen with the game name (before the EA logo gets loaded).
I'll also try FIFA 10, out of curiosity... But already being able to play a proper version of FIFA 08 on PC is insane. Something I wouldn't have thought possible until a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks!
 
FIFA 08 is working, man! 🤩
FIFA 09, on the other hand, still doesn't.
Despite having the new DLL's in place, it crashes after the red splash screen with the game name (before the EA logo gets loaded).
I'll also try FIFA 10, out of curiosity... But already being able to play a proper version of FIFA 08 on PC is insane. Something I wouldn't have thought possible until a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks!
Each has different DLLs. I made the most progress with 08. You should be able to play with a high refresh rate, max LODs, and hopefully minimal graphical issues.
 
Back
Top Bottom