FiFA [2006-2011] Next gen ports via RPCS3 and Xenia

Same. 2006 rtwc to 2008 is my dream games.

Also back in 2006 on news papers all the screenshots of fifa wc 06 were of xbox 360 version. Back then I had no internet. Suffice to say, I was so confused and disappointed when I installed the game on pc and found outi t looked nothing like the screenshots.

As for the emulation, there is hope for fifa 07 and 08 now since two of the emulator devs owns fifa 07. So they can figure out the cause of crash. However since they don't have a copy of rtwc 06 and wc 06, I dont know if we will see any improvements on those 2 games.
Haha love that story. There was still a lot of us who didn't have internet in 2005/2006 and our only source of information was magazines which weren't always factually accurate either, I remember in my PS2 magazine they listed the famous screenshots of Ronaldinho from this game's press releases as being for the upcoming "FIFA PS3" Which we obviously wouldn't get until FIFA 08.

How do you know the emulator devs own those games? If you can contact them, Maybe one of us can share our copy of RTWC with them if that helps?

Haha love that story. There was still a lot of us who didn't have internet in 2005/2006 and our only source of information was magazines which weren't always factually accurate either, I remember in my PS2 magazine they listed the famous screenshots of Ronaldinho from this game's press releases as being for the upcoming "FIFA PS3" Which we obviously wouldn't get until FIFA 08.

How do you know the emulator devs own those games? If you can contact them, Maybe one of us can share our copy of RTWC with them if that helps?

I'm in Xenia discord server and I saw two of the contributors having some fifa games and one of them told me he owns Fifa 07.

Piracy is against the rules there. So I don't know if we are allowed to share our copy of the game to them. But you can ask them on dm and see if they are willing to get the files.

I'm in Xenia discord server and I saw two of the contributors having some fifa games and one of them told me he owns Fifa 07.

Piracy is against the rules there. So I don't know if we are allowed to share our copy of the game to them. But you can ask them on dm and see if they are willing to get the files.
Hi Sami,
nice thread! I also like the Emulators for PC. I use CEMU since 2 years and follow every development of it and to be stay at topic, of course the dev of RPCS3 and Xenia too. But I never think about try to playing a Fifa or a PES game with it. :-) But I will do it now. My rig I guess is good enough. I am running a RTX 2070 GPU with same CPU you have or had, i7 6700K. They improved the RPCS3 really amazing in terms of fps and performance, but the biggest Problem for me is to know when I must change which setting in settings menu to improve my performance. There are games out there on RPCS3 which running with 60 fps in 4k like Drake´s Deception, but I can´t get it to run?! Other games working fine, though.
So which old Fifa do you recommend to try at first? Fifa 14 World cup? Or your mentioned Fifa 06 or 08?

Hi Sami,
nice thread! I also like the Emulators for PC. I use CEMU since 2 years and follow every development of it and to be stay at topic, of course the dev of RPCS3 and Xenia too. But I never think about try to playing a Fifa or a PES game with it. :-) But I will do it now. My rig I guess is good enough. I am running a RTX 2070 GPU with same CPU you have or had, i7 6700K. They improved the RPCS3 really amazing in terms of fps and performance, but the biggest Problem for me is to know when I must change which setting in settings menu to improve my performance. There are games out there on RPCS3 which running with 60 fps in 4k like Drake´s Deception, but I can´t get it to run?! Other games working fine, though.
So which old Fifa do you recommend to try at first? Fifa 14 World cup? Or your mentioned Fifa 06 or 08?

FiFA World Cup 2010.

14 world cup is a disgrace of a game. Player models look like abomination, animations look broken as fifa 14, graphics look like cancer. So I'd recommend Fifa 10 world cup over that piece of trash of a disgrace.

FiFA 08 Xbox 360 version playable now on Xenia Canary builds.

Jersery wrinkle normal maps are not inverted like Ps3 version and 3d grass is rendered on xbox 360 port. So I prefer playing this one over the ps3 port.

Hi. I've been trying FIFA 2010 WC on PCS3 and it's playing really nice, I had it back then but couldn't enjoy it much since I sold it during the World Cup to get a decent return while it was relevant. Plus I tried to avoid playing with Uruguay since I hated that EA put red numbers when it should've been black, it was quite game-breaking since I wanted to play as them but couldn't accept that.

Has anyone found or have the DLC and squad updates? I've been trying to find it without result.

Last edited:
Bro, you are sure that FIFA 11 isn't similar? In game it's similar to PS3 on practically every points.
But i noticed some "old" cutscenes with all the players same height on PC, not on PS3.
Just that small difference. So question : did you tried both and saw big difference?
From my memory, and i got FIFA 11 PC, it's exactly the same, graphically, animations, physics etc.

Bro, you are sure that FIFA 11 isn't similar? In game it's similar to PS3 on practically every points.
But i noticed some "old" cutscenes with all the players same height on PC, not on PS3.
Just that small difference. So question : did you tried both and saw big difference?
From my memory, and i got FIFA 11 PC, it's exactly the same, graphically, animations, physics etc.

Fifa 11 on ps3 literally feels like fifa 12 in terms of player movements, animations, body models, cutscenes and so on.

Fifa 11 on pc straight up feels like fifa 10 ps3/xbox 360 with new jersey textures and faces. Even the cutscenes are from fifa 10 ps3/xbox 360. Same with jersey models, player movement animations, responsiveness etc.

I guess in a way it is "similar" since both pc and xbox 360 versions are using next gen graphics of that time, but port wise, its not the same game.

Well, so graphically and in terms of details then... Enough for not considering it as not the same as on PC.
But gameplay and engine seems totally the same as far is i remember.

Sad that they didn't even carried at the time.
And couldn't keep my PS3, i shared it for some reasons, and couldn't recuperate it. Xbox understood already all about their architecture for the future in terms of Retro-compatibility, a thing that Sony didn't since the second PS3 model (removed the PS2 chip for i don't know what reason, perhaps the cost i don't know or selling PS2?)

Whatever. The PC to PS3 emulator i got it and tried two games, but my PC is far from making them to run on it. For modders if they're interested i got WE2014 Aoki version jap on PS3 on Iso. It's not a fake one, and practically all J-League 1 and 2 got preset faces on it (the only thing i could check with 10 fps lol, on edit mode).
I always wanted that version, and it's in English, i don't think about the name but whatever (just check the number or y.o; + back shirt name and you'll found the player, easy)

Well, so graphically and in terms of details then... Enough for not considering it as not the same as on PC.
But gameplay and engine seems totally the same as far is i remember.

Sad that they didn't even carried at the time.
And couldn't keep my PS3, i shared it for some reasons, and couldn't recuperate it. Xbox understood already all about their architecture for the future in terms of Retro-compatibility, a thing that Sony didn't since the second PS3 model (removed the PS2 chip for i don't know what reason, perhaps the cost i don't know or selling PS2?)

Whatever. The PC to PS3 emulator i got it and tried two games, but my PC is far from making them to run on it. For modders if they're interested i got WE2014 Aoki version jap on PS3 on Iso. It's not a fake one, and practically all J-League 1 and 2 got preset faces on it (the only thing i could check with 10 fps lol, on edit mode).
I always wanted that version, and it's in English, i don't think about the name but whatever (just check the number or y.o; + back shirt name and you'll found the player, easy)
Gameplay isn't same if the first thing "moving the player" already feels different.

But the thing that pisses me off is that they made Fifa 11 pc that mostly feels like FIFA 10 from xbox 360 and Ps3 and yet they didn't bother porting FIFA 2010 World cup on pc despite having huge demands.

Well, it's been ten years so forgive me, but yes i noticed one thing replaying it not so long time ago : it's more "goal to goal" than what i'm sure to remember from PS3. Ball control is a bit more hard to remember exactly.

Bad news,

FIFA 08 on Xenia crashes now, a lot.

1 min in the match and the emulator crashes. Sound is also bugged with newer builds of the emulator. Can't find older builds of the emulator since all the versions more than 1 month gets deleted from github.

The PlayStation 3 version on the other hand still runs fine. The black checkered pattern bug is also gone, so the game looks clean asf now.

Unfortunately Ps3 port wasn't perfect. No post fx effects, no 3d grass, cloth wrinkle normal maps are inverted and looks wrong as mentioned in the past.

Anyways, screenshot of the improvement on rpcs3:
Rpcs3_Screenshot_2021.09.24_-_00.39.15.58.png

Rpcs3_Screenshot_2021.09.24_-_00.40.12.29.png

Gameplay with newer version of rpcs3:

Last edited:
@Sami 1999 I recently installed RPCS3 & finally embraced PS3 emulation, with some really excitinf results, however I tried FIFA WC 2014 and all the textures are either black or messed up.

Did this happen to you and do you know what setting I should use to fix it? I'm currently using default settings atm.

@Sami 1999 I recently installed RPCS3 & finally embraced PS3 emulation, with some really excitinf results, however I tried FIFA WC 2014 and all the textures are either black or messed up.

Did this happen to you and do you know what setting I should use to fix it? I'm currently using default settings atm.
Vulkan renderer is the way to go.

Default openGL renderer has issues rendering player models.

That's probably why, I set mine to openGL.

Still seemingly no progress on RTWC 06 & World Cup 2006 on Xenia sadly unless I'm missing something.

Absolutely no progress on Xenia so far. In fact, there has been regression on Xenia with Fifa 08 and now the audio is completely broken.

So the definitive version of FIFA 08 is out of reach yet again.

It appears FIFA
Absolutely no progress on Xenia so far. In fact, there has been regression on Xenia with Fifa 08 and now the audio is completely broken.

So the definitive version of FIFA 08 is out of reach yet again.
It appears WC 2006 & UCL 07/08 now go in game on Xenia Canary except for graphical glitches. So we're getting close!

Still having problems with the black kits on WC 2014 & Corrupt player names on jerseys on WC 2010, even on default RPCS3 settings.

Could you share yours by any chance?

It appears FIFA

It appears WC 2006 & UCL 07/08 now go in game on Xenia Canary except for graphical glitches. So we're getting close!

Still having problems with the black kits on WC 2014 & Corrupt player names on jerseys on WC 2010, even on default RPCS3 settings.

Could you share yours by any chance?
WC 06, UCL 07 goes ingame for quite a long time now. Like for 2 years.

Its just that WC 2006 crashes few seconds after a match starts, making it unplayable.

UCL 07-08 actually can run and finish a single match without a crash if you play on "Emirates" stadium at night time. Anything else and it will crash.

On some xenia builds, fifa 07 can be played too, only via Emirates day time.

Its been like this for a while and thus its still not playable.

As for wc 2010, Vulkan will solve most of the problems and with a resolution scale of 300%, it should get rid of some other bugs, for some reason. I haven't played WC 2014 for a year now but same settings for that game should help. Default settings are not recommended for rpcs3 as it uses openGl by default.

FIFA 09 is fully playable. Here is the screens.. I really like the gameplay and graphics.. I just saying that this is absolutely beautiful game.

Attachments

• rpcs3 2022-02-16 01-15-08.png
    rpcs3 2022-02-16 01-15-08.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 35
  • rpcs3 2022-02-16 01-25-35.png
    rpcs3 2022-02-16 01-25-35.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 40
  • rpcs3 2022-02-16 01-39-52.png
    rpcs3 2022-02-16 01-39-52.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 41
  • rpcs3 2022-02-16 01-58-49.png
    rpcs3 2022-02-16 01-58-49.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 42
  • rpcs3 2022-02-16 02-08-56.png
    rpcs3 2022-02-16 02-08-56.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 34
  • rpcs3 2022-02-16 02-11-30.png
    rpcs3 2022-02-16 02-11-30.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 32
  • rpcs3 2022-02-16 02-11-33.png
    rpcs3 2022-02-16 02-11-33.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 29
  • rpcs3 2022-02-16 02-14-38.png
    rpcs3 2022-02-16 02-14-38.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 29
  • rpcs3 2022-02-16 02-25-38.png
    rpcs3 2022-02-16 02-25-38.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 28
  • rpcs3 2022-02-16 00-07-04.png
    rpcs3 2022-02-16 00-07-04.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 34
FIFA 09 is fully playable. Here is the screens.. I really like the gameplay and graphics.. I just saying that this is absolutely beautiful game.
It does look better than Fifa 10 on consoles, the lighting and grass details are more defined, And so is the cloth physics compared to fifa 10.

Only thing missing is the 3d grass during goal celebration and match intro/ outro cutscenes.

Gosh, It felt like the world stood still when this game came out. Euro 2008 set the bar for next gen football games and this just felt like the greatest football game of all time when this came out. Nothing could touch EA regarding their influence and momentum regarding critical football games. All before the poison of FUT and microtransactions spoiled gaming. Back then it was still principally about the offline gameplay experience.

@Sami 1999 hey, I saw on Xenia discord you posted a gif of RTWC 06, did you manage to get it working on Xenia?
Nah mate, it was just the intro video of the game lol. Although Glinak had a build where it went to menus [the graphics and colors were completely glitched out]. But apart from that, I haven't seen any progress so far.

I wish someone managed to reverse engineer this game and ported it on pc. In terms of arystyle and animations, RTWC 06 has been always my favorite, even over rest of the sequels.

Nah mate, it was just the intro video of the game lol. Although Glinak had a build where it went to menus [the graphics and colors were completely glitched out]. But apart from that, I haven't seen any progress so far.

I wish someone managed to reverse engineer this game and ported it on pc. In terms of arystyle and animations, RTWC 06 has been always my favorite, even over rest of the sequels.
Aww that's gutting. I got really excited there was finally a breakthrough.

I've got a soft spot for it too, It was the first game I got on the 360, It was the first next gen football game so not only was the tech mindblowing back in 2005, It still looks incredibly polished and cohesive even today.

The art style and the kits were the best EA ever produced that gen. All kits had correct fonts, no warped names and numbers and very good player models.

It's a shame that back then developers didn't consider the need for preservation or that there would be enthusiasm to run older software today for a retrospective.

The early 360 exclusives such as World Cup 2006 and The Champions League 2007 game have issues with emulation and they also look fantastic visually compared to the later cross platform FIFA's but both still have issues on Xenia.

Aww that's gutting. I got really excited there was finally a breakthrough.

I've got a soft spot for it too, It was the first game I got on the 360, It was the first next gen football game so not only was the tech mindblowing back in 2005, It still looks incredibly polished and cohesive even today.

The art style and the kits were the best EA ever produced that gen. All kits had correct fonts, no warped names and numbers and very good player models.

It's a shame that back then developers didn't consider the need for preservation or that there would be enthusiasm to run older software today for a retrospective.

The early 360 exclusives such as World Cup 2006 and The Champions League 2007 game have issues with emulation and they also look fantastic visually compared to the later cross platform FIFA's but both still have issues on Xenia.
It's a shame that EA never ported next gen versions on pc [and still does the same bs these days].

Imagine fully modded RTWC 2006. That game already looks best, and plays like FIFA 06 which in my opinion was very decent for its time [and still fun to play]. Having all the national teams and clubs would easily make it one of the best. And we wouldn't have to worry about the performance issue if it was on pc.

None of the sequels [even the current gen fifa games] have visually pleasing cutscene animations like that of rtwc 06.

If xenia manages to run fifa rtwc 06 and wc 06, it will be easily the best way to play these two games. These games had uncapped fps, meaning the cutscenes would reach 60 fps on some scenes. And unlike the actual hardware, fifa wc 06 on xenia was easily maintaining a locked 60 fps even on cutscenes on my pc until it crashed.

Back
Top Bottom