Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Been watching FIFA19 and Corey Whatshisname on Twitter for the last few days. There are hundreds of complain and feedback posts, yet I havent found a SINGLE one that would mention lack of fouls.
FIFA community doesnt seems to see it as a problem. Pity. For me its a game breaker so Im out.
I asked him about fouls but got no response, it just kills the immersion for me. Man u v Liverpool and one foul!? ..for me that's why pes 19 is a much better game than 18. They have really improved the aggression

Funny that on Pes it was called a gamebreaker many times last year, now it's just frustrating.
Hm, is it the same people who found it frustrating in PES, now saying it's not frustrating in FIFA? I'm not so sure. I don't think that's fair.

Personally I think it's pretty funny that someone will say FIFA is bad because it lacks fouls, without acknowledging the amount of issues PES has (that similarly happen in, and ruin - depending on your feelings - every single match).

It is truly personal taste. I'd love there to be more fouls - but I know that if there were as many as some are asking for, you wouldn't have much opportunity to play actual football. So I can acknowledge it's a problem, but still not be overly frustrated by it.

Whereas the constant low-cross AI crap in PES... It won't bother some - they may barely notice - and they'll enjoy the rest of the game. Personally, I can't get past it.

That's all it is. Personal preference. Nothing more and nothing less.

That's all it is. Personal preference. Nothing more and nothing less.
Absolutely. For me personally it was a gamebreaker last year on Pes. That was main reason i bought Fifa18. And please dont tell me, that there was no fouls on F18. There were. I can go and take few print screens if needed.

I like realism. Game without fouls or injuries is not realistic and it kills it for me.
I dont want many of them, as it would, like you said, disturb the flow. But 3-6 per 15min match is a must for me.
Also, i know some people say shield the ball and use this and that and the other. I want to play football, not hunt for fouls. They should come naturally.
But its cool. We got two games so everyone can find something that suits them.

I can overlook the lack of fouls in FIFA (though I've been one of the few people constantly bringing that up in here and on Twitter while @ing the right people) just like I did in PES 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.

When a game's content is 85% right and enyojable then you kind of can look past that remaining 15% of issues and annoyances.

When it's the other way around though... no.

I do like to be fouled and win free kicks, it’s a huge part of football. PES 2018 was terrible because of that [no fouls] and it annoys me that EA have messed up in this department this year because fifa has always been amazing with its attention to detail with things like fouls, injuries, suspensions etc.

Saying all of that, it isn’t a game breaker as such. But when I play the other game and come back to this, you really do notice the lack of fouls.

FWIW, they may be looking into fouls:

rOx8Yf.jpg

seems like we will get bundesliga faces.......when Fifa 20 is out :/

new fifa title update :

Gameplay:

Made the following changes:
  • You can now make changes to your Game Plans in the Pause Menu during a match.
    • Changes made to your Game Plans during a match will not be saved after completion of that match.
  • Swapping players in the Pause Menu during a match, while on the Balanced Game Plan, will now apply those changes to the other Game Plans.
    • This only applies if you make the changes to the Balanced Game Plan, changes made in the Pause Menu during a match to the other Game Plans will be localized to only those Game Plans and would need to be made manually in the others.
      • Given the above, if making a change to your team due to a red card, for example, make sure that the change is being made to the Balanced Game Plan.
    • In situations where the formations being used in your non-Balanced Game Plans are significantly different than those in your Balanced Game Plans, the swaps may not happen automatically.
      • For example, if you are playing with a formation, on your Balanced Game Plan, that has a Left Back, and swap a Striker into the Left Back spot, and then change to a Game Plan where there is no Left Back, such as a three at the back formation, the swap may not be made automatically.

Addressed the following issues:
  • The following issues were addressed for volleys where the player fully leaves the ground during the kick, such as a bicycle kick.
    • Some players were incorrectly taking these kicks without meeting the Agility attribute requirements to do these kicks contextually.
      • To further explain the above, these types of kicks can happen, in appropriate situations, for players who have an Agility attribute of 80 or higher, or who have the Flair Trait, without the player having to hold down the 'Flair Shot' button.
    • These kicks were happening in unrealistic situations, such as when the kicking player was bunched up with other players.
    • Sometimes the animations for these kicks were happening too fast for some players with higher Agility attributes.
    • These kicks are now more likely to be impacted by error resulting in potentially less accuracy, speed and spin.
      • The above effect will be more noticeable in situations where executing one of these kicks would be very hard, and less noticeable in situations where executing one of these kicks would be easier.
  • Rarely, keepers were not picking up the ball when it was close to them.
  • Rarely, keepers were trapping the ball outside of the box, despite an attacking player being near them, instead of clearing the ball.
  • Rarely, when the keeper was rushing out of the net, you were unable to take control of him using the 'Move Keeper' controls.
  • Rarely, after positioning your keeper with 'Move Keeper' controls, the keeper would dive out of the way of the incoming shot.
  • Rarely, keepers were not picking up the ball after knocking it down with a tip down save.
  • When playing in a mode with two human controlled players on a team, such as in Pro Clubs or Co-op Seasons, the opponent's defenders were not responding to an attacker running behind the defensive line during a goal kick.
  • When taking a goal kick, where the target for the kick is very far down the field, the ball was travelling too fast.
  • Players will no longer wait to take a throw in due to a keeper being out of position.

Career Mode:

• Sometimes the game would hang after checking the Mail Inbox immediately after the transfer window deadline day ended.
  • Some Traits had a blank icon on the Attributes panel of the Squad HUB.
    • The Traits impacted by this were the Traits that were added to the Front End in the previous title update.
    • This issue was visual only.
  • The Playmaker GTN Scouting Instruction no longer has the (CPU AI Only) tag on it.
    • This was a visual only issue caused by a Traits change in a previous title update.

Game Modes:

• The EFL Championship trophy is now being presented in the final match of the EFL Championship Cup.

Kick Off:

• Having more than 89 unlinked Kick Off Names was causing an error to appear when proceeding to the match selection screen.
  • The wrong Favorite Team crest and name combination would be showing on the Kick Off tile if the active account was switched.
  • If one player set themselves to 'Ready' on the Kit Selection Screen, while the other player backed out of the screen at the same time, the player who has set themselves to 'Ready' would no longer have any functionality on the Team Select screen.
  • Rarely, Kick Off names that were not created by the player would appear in the list of available Kick Off names to select.

Traits:

• The Chipped Penalty Trait no longer had any functionality in gameplay and will no longer display in the Front End.
    • This is a continuation of the changes that were made to traits in the previous title update.
  • The Speed Dribbler Trait now correctly has the (CPU AI Only) tag.
    • This is a continuation of the changes that were made to traits in the previous title update.
  • Some Traits were displaying as debug text for some players.

FIFA Trainer:

• Toggling between the 'On' and 'Off' settings for some FIFA Trainer options were causing other changes made to FIFA Trainer options to change.

Audio:

• Audio corruption could be heard during matches. (PC Only)
  • Updated the intro audio for DFB-Pokal.
  • The away team in a UEFA Champions League group stage match was getting audio saying that they won the second match, even if they lost, if they had won the first group stage match.

Visual / Presentation:

• Your opponent in an Online match will no longer be able to skip your goal replays.
  • Updates to a number of team kits.
  • Updates to the Nike Black Cat boots.
  • Updated the stadium art for the Sydbank Pokalen tournament.

• Rarely, keepers, after making a save, would warp into the net.
  • Rarely, when the keeper was making a save close to the 18 yard line or the byline, they would perform a slow animation while getting up when it was not appropriate.
  • Rarely, the keeper would start to dive in one direction to make a save, and would instead animate as diving in the other direction.
  • Sometimes a player would remain suspended in the air for a prolonged period of time following a mid-air collision.
  • The three character abbreviation for some teams was incorrect in some languages and has been corrected.
  • The full team names for some teams were incorrect in some languages and have been corrected.
  • The scoreboard in Olympiastadion had the crests assigned to the wrong scores.
  • Collision issue with the team seating area in Otkritie Arena.
  • Corrected an issue with the stadium art in Signal Iduna Park.
  • Sometimes the crowd would be missing assets like flags or cell phones during crowd shots.
  • Fixed issues with a number of team kits.
  • Corrected the trophy displaying in the 3.Liga playoffs.
  • Sometimes a trophy's reflection was showing images of skill game assets.
  • Sometimes the post-goal wipes in FIFA Ultimate Team would be an incorrect version.
  • Some boots were clipping into the player's socks and into the grass.

Thanks to those who’ve provided feedback. Throughout the course of the FIFA 19 season we'll provide you with more information and updates if and when they become available.

The FIFA Team

Just a heads up guys....

If you’re a lower league club in England, if/when your club is promoted to Premier League, although the kit font does change to premier league, it’s smaller and looks a bit shit according to some people on reddit. Also the colour of font doesn’t stay the same which is annoying for people like myself who want authenticity.

It’s strange how these huge companies like ea and Konami can’t get the tiny details right.

If you’re a lower league club in England, if/when your club is promoted to Premier League, although the kit font does change to premier league, it’s smaller and looks a bit shit according to some people on reddit. Also the colour of font doesn’t stay the same which is annoying for people like myself who want authenticity.
That makes no sense.

The game puts the PL fonts / numbers on "actual" Premier League kits. Why would it apply them differently to some teams than others? Surely it only needs one bit of code?

(I'm not doubting you or the post on Reddit - I just mean, why are EA applying it two different ways? It just makes absolutely no sense.)

That makes no sense.

The game puts the PL fonts / numbers on "actual" Premier League kits. Why would it apply them differently to some teams than others? Surely it only needs one bit of code?

(I'm not doubting you or the post on Reddit - I just mean, why are EA applying it two different ways? It just makes absolutely no sense.)
I agree with you, I don't know if these people are exaggerating or not I'll do some digging around in a minute. Here is their post:-

Is it me or promotes clubs seems to have a smaller kit number compare to others?
renderTimingPixel.png

Having a Leeds United career mode and got them promoted. However, it somewhat annoys me that their kit number seems small compare to original 18/19 premier league teams.

Is my eyes fooling me or it is true to others?

Yup certainly did notice, very infuriating for someome like myself with a real attention to detail. It actually put me off contiuning my Nottingham Forest CM because it looks so off...annoying

Nice to know that it's just not me. Actually, I also noticed in my Leeds career that the number color doesn't copy the original color of the original kit font.

Hopefully EA will fix this in the next patch

You can draw the fouls from them if you are clever;)

I appreciate you insinuating we're all pretty dumb (kidding), but the fact is nobody is able to draw fouls out of the AI at will. Just like that.
I've got fouls, I've got penalties too. In fact I think I've had more penalties than fouls. And even more pre-Patch 1.
This is a core issue, not play-style-related.

You actually reminded me of when the other game's brand manager kind of wanted to blame the fans for not being able to get fouls from the AI. Then this year, the new version of the game came with plenty of fouls for everybody. So no, not play-style-related.

ok I've done some digging around @Chris Davies

here is a guy doing a Swansea City career....he's got them into Premier League

I've done a print screen from a screenshot of a match between Crystal Palace v Swansea. Look at the Palace font number [the number 4] and look at the Swansea one [the number 8]. Definitely smaller....but not exactly that noticeable!

zM4si2n.jpg

I've done a print screen from a screenshot of a match between Crystal Palace v Swansea. Look at the Palace font number [the number 4] and look at the Swansea one [the number 8]. Definitely smaller....but not exactly that noticeable!

zM4si2n.jpg
Yeah, that #8 is pretty small.

It just makes no sense. Maybe it keeps the properties (as in pixel measurements) of the previous font, but again, it doesn't make sense. Just apply the Premier League fonts the same way that you do to every other team. Why make it a separate process?

Worth tweeting that screenshot to all the usual EA accounts (i.e. not @EASPORTSFIFA but Corey and the others).

Been watching FIFA19 and Corey Whatshisname on Twitter for the last few days. There are hundreds of complain and feedback posts, yet I havent found a SINGLE one that would mention lack of fouls.
FIFA community doesnt seems to see it as a problem. Pity. For me its a game breaker so Im out.

The reason you're not seeing many complaints about fouls isn't because the FIFA community doesn't care, it's because most of what you see is commentary on the online multiplayer gameplay and fouls aren't lacking like they are in single player.

Are you just watching or are you messaging as well? Because the online FUT crowd is the most vocal segment of the fanbase. If you want changes to the single player experience, please speak up. It can feel quite lonely out there sometimes...

seems like we will get bundesliga faces.......when Fifa 20 is out :/

new fifa title update :

Gameplay:

• You can now make changes to your Game Plans in the Pause Menu during a match.

• Changes made to your Game Plans during a match will not be saved after completion of that match.
    Swapping players in the Pause Menu during a match, while on the Balanced Game Plan, will now apply those changes to the other Game Plans.

• This only applies if you make the changes to the Balanced Game Plan, changes made in the Pause Menu during a match to the other Game Plans will be localized to only those Game Plans and would need to be made manually in the others.

• Given the above, if making a change to your team due to a red card, for example, make sure that the change is being made to the Balanced Game Plan.
      In situations where the formations being used in your non-Balanced Game Plans are significantly different than those in your Balanced Game Plans, the swaps may not happen automatically.

• For example, if you are playing with a formation, on your Balanced Game Plan, that has a Left Back, and swap a Striker into the Left Back spot, and then change to a Game Plan where there is no Left Back, such as a three at the back formation, the swap may not be made automatically.

• The following issues were addressed for volleys where the player fully leaves the ground during the kick, such as a bicycle kick.

• Some players were incorrectly taking these kicks without meeting the Agility attribute requirements to do these kicks contextually.

• To further explain the above, these types of kicks can happen, in appropriate situations, for players who have an Agility attribute of 80 or higher, or who have the Flair Trait, without the player having to hold down the 'Flair Shot' button.
      These kicks were happening in unrealistic situations, such as when the kicking player was bunched up with other players.
      Sometimes the animations for these kicks were happening too fast for some players with higher Agility attributes.
      These kicks are now more likely to be impacted by error resulting in potentially less accuracy, speed and spin.

• The above effect will be more noticeable in situations where executing one of these kicks would be very hard, and less noticeable in situations where executing one of these kicks would be easier.
    Rarely, keepers were not picking up the ball when it was close to them.
    Rarely, keepers were trapping the ball outside of the box, despite an attacking player being near them, instead of clearing the ball.
    Rarely, when the keeper was rushing out of the net, you were unable to take control of him using the 'Move Keeper' controls.
    Rarely, after positioning your keeper with 'Move Keeper' controls, the keeper would dive out of the way of the incoming shot.
    Rarely, keepers were not picking up the ball after knocking it down with a tip down save.
    When playing in a mode with two human controlled players on a team, such as in Pro Clubs or Co-op Seasons, the opponent's defenders were not responding to an attacker running behind the defensive line during a goal kick.
    When taking a goal kick, where the target for the kick is very far down the field, the ball was travelling too fast.
    Players will no longer wait to take a throw in due to a keeper being out of position.

Career Mode:

• Sometimes the game would hang after checking the Mail Inbox immediately after the transfer window deadline day ended.
    Some Traits had a blank icon on the Attributes panel of the Squad HUB.

• The Traits impacted by this were the Traits that were added to the Front End in the previous title update.
      This issue was visual only.
    The Playmaker GTN Scouting Instruction no longer has the (CPU AI Only) tag on it.

• This was a visual only issue caused by a Traits change in a previous title update.

Game Modes:

• The EFL Championship trophy is now being presented in the final match of the EFL Championship Cup.

Kick Off:

• Having more than 89 unlinked Kick Off Names was causing an error to appear when proceeding to the match selection screen.
    The wrong Favorite Team crest and name combination would be showing on the Kick Off tile if the active account was switched.
    If one player set themselves to 'Ready' on the Kit Selection Screen, while the other player backed out of the screen at the same time, the player who has set themselves to 'Ready' would no longer have any functionality on the Team Select screen.
    Rarely, Kick Off names that were not created by the player would appear in the list of available Kick Off names to select.

Traits:

• The Chipped Penalty Trait no longer had any functionality in gameplay and will no longer display in the Front End.

The Speed Dribbler Trait now correctly has the (CPU AI Only) tag.

Some Traits were displaying as debug text for some players.

FIFA Trainer:

• Toggling between the 'On' and 'Off' settings for some FIFA Trainer options were causing other changes made to FIFA Trainer options to change.

Audio:

• Audio corruption could be heard during matches. (PC Only)
    Updated the intro audio for DFB-Pokal.
    The away team in a UEFA Champions League group stage match was getting audio saying that they won the second match, even if they lost, if they had won the first group stage match.

Visual / Presentation:

• Your opponent in an Online match will no longer be able to skip your goal replays.
    Updates to a number of team kits.
    Updates to the Nike Black Cat boots.
    Updated the stadium art for the Sydbank Pokalen tournament.

• Rarely, keepers, after making a save, would warp into the net.
    Rarely, when the keeper was making a save close to the 18 yard line or the byline, they would perform a slow animation while getting up when it was not appropriate.
    Rarely, the keeper would start to dive in one direction to make a save, and would instead animate as diving in the other direction.
    Sometimes a player would remain suspended in the air for a prolonged period of time following a mid-air collision.
    The three character abbreviation for some teams was incorrect in some languages and has been corrected.
    The full team names for some teams were incorrect in some languages and have been corrected.
    The scoreboard in Olympiastadion had the crests assigned to the wrong scores.
    Collision issue with the team seating area in Otkritie Arena.
    Corrected an issue with the stadium art in Signal Iduna Park.
    Sometimes the crowd would be missing assets like flags or cell phones during crowd shots.
    Fixed issues with a number of team kits.
    Corrected the trophy displaying in the 3.Liga playoffs.
    Sometimes a trophy's reflection was showing images of skill game assets.
    Sometimes the post-goal wipes in FIFA Ultimate Team would be an incorrect version.
    Some boots were clipping into the player's socks and into the grass.

Thanks to those who’ve provided feedback. Throughout the course of the FIFA 19 season we'll provide you with more information and updates if and when they become available.

The FIFA Team

Really happy they've now added the ability to alter game plans in the pause menu. That's been my biggest issue with the new tactical system. And thank goodness about the bicycle kicks.

The reason you're not seeing many complaints about fouls isn't because the FIFA community doesn't care, it's because most of what you see is commentary on the online multiplayer gameplay and fouls aren't lacking like they are in single player.

Are you just watching or are you messaging as well? Because the online FUT crowd is the most vocal segment of the fanbase. If you want changes to the single player experience, please speak up. It can feel quite lonely out there sometimes...
I am speaking up. Posted few times. Even today, when they announced upcoming patch, I was asking can we expect more fouls from AI.
It was easier to battle for Pes AI fixes, as so many people were united there.
On FIFA pages I felt like yourself - bit lonely..
I was even half expecting someone to say "feck off with your fouls! Nobody cares!" :LOL:
But Im glad Matt posted this screenshot. At least we know that they noticed it. There's hope.

Been thinking about the awful transfer logic for both games and trying to come up with a better solution, see what you think below

League Rating

SPL 1 star

EPL 4-5 Star

La Liga 4 Star

Eredivisie 3 Star

Team Rating –

Celtic 4 Star

Man City 5 Star

Huddersfield 3 Star

Player Rating

1 star 50-60 OVR

2 star 61-65

3 Star 66-75

4 Star 76-85

5 Star 86 -100

Expectation – If a player is a 4-5 star rated player he would only move to a 4-5 star rated team and in a 4-5 star rated league, this would stop top stars playing for teams who are based below their current level and unrealistic transfers happening where English players move to obsure foreign teams which never happens

At the moment the method is if you can afford the transfer fee and wages you have him, there should be a system in place where the player does not even allow you to talk to them, much like the block that is in place when a player has recently joined the club.

The star system should match this up more, as a team if you win the league it would improve your status and your star level, likewise if you fail to achieve your goals you should lose this.

I just wanna know how in the hell, did this guy on youtube make 1 mil coins and has all the best cards ever in the game aswell.... how in the hell in 1 month!!!!

I appreciate you insinuating we're all pretty dumb (kidding), but the fact is nobody is able to draw fouls out of the AI at will. Just like that.
I've got fouls, I've got penalties too. In fact I think I've had more penalties than fouls. And even more pre-Patch 1.
This is a core issue, not play-style-related.

You actually reminded me of when the other game's brand manager kind of wanted to blame the fans for not being able to get fouls from the AI. Then this year, the new version of the game came with plenty of fouls for everybody. So no, not play-style-related.
So you are saying that when shielding the ball and the defender is trying to get to the ball fouls are never committed? If you are you're talking bollocks pal, I've had a good few fouls in the game by shielding the ball.

So you are saying that when shielding the ball and the defender is trying to get to the ball fouls are never committed? If you are you're talking bollocks pal, I've had a good few fouls in the game by shielding the ball.
please show me a video of how this works as in 18 pre patches i could win fouls via shielding but not in 19. I also had more fouls pre patch in 19 but now shielding or not I'm lucky to get 2 or 3 at most. Normally slide tackles. I think fouls, refs and the advantage rule all need tweaking.

Yeah? How many fouls are you getting against the AI, normally?.

A little video of me using Broadcast Camera Height 0 Zoom 20 with Matt’s sliders.

I really enjoyed this game. My best bits are the Ake “on my horse jiggle” and Bournemouth goal in the 13 min. It was Brooks who started it and finished it, excellent move.

Back
Top Bottom