FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Hope they used last years game just to show women in game. The game looks all the same actually :BLEH:

Dear me im not "anti womans football" but surely all they need to do is use the stock mens models they literally have no balls and look female build anyway :)

If you watch that trailer the celebration sliding to knees part, pause it and look at that female body model, it looks as if they cant even do women right either, strange elongated E.T neck and odd arms and shoulder .. again.

ea.jpg

Last edited:

Firstly, I think it's great to have as an addition. Shouldn't have required much (any?) additional work beyond the models.

But:

1. Presumably the game will launch well after the Womens World Cup, so will there still be interest?
2. I don't know how to say this without it sounding sexist and harsh, but how are the stats going to work? Will there be relative female and male stats?

Firstly, I think it's great to have as an addition. Shouldn't have required much (any?) additional work beyond the models.

But:

1. Presumably the game will launch well after the Womens World Cup, so will there still be interest?
2. I don't know how to say this without it sounding sexist and harsh, but how are the stats going to work? Will there be relative female and male stats?

What you will have is some through ball spammer playing as a women's team thrashing manual player as Barcelona 7-0

Hopefully the stadiums will be half empty also, you know; for authenticity.

I do wonder if they will change the crowd noise to the usual high pitch screaming reminiscent of every primary school sports day.

But:

There's a women's world cup?

From what I've read so far, stats are done differently.
Both male and female stats range from, say, 40 to 99. But they're gender-related: a woman rated in the 80s would play worse than a man rated in, say, the mid 70s (less speed, less shoot power and such).

What you will have is some through ball spammer playing as a women's team thrashing manual player as Barcelona 7-0
No way it could happen. Women will play only against women.
So if you chose a female team to play an online match you'd surely be matched against another female team.

What are the footballers' faces from? That's incredible.

Wow, I think they both look great. Just shows you that if they got the player models right in FIFA, the graphics would be pretty decent.

Anyway, POTENTIAL NEWS!

Earlier this week, a Brazilian website claimed that FIFA 16 would have "women's teams, Brazilian championship teams, defending system improvements, a slower speed and 'changes in career modes'". They've since edited the post to include the trailer showing off the women's teams, to prove the validity of their information (and this time last week, I would have laughed at you if you'd told me womens teams would be in FIFA 16).

SOURCE: Omelete.uol.com.br article

If the REST of this news is true (perhaps it's a leak from a member of the community who was invited to one of the March test days EA invited a select group of people to), then...

...YAHOOOOOOOOO!

No way it could happen. Women will play only against women. So if you chose a female team to play an online match you'd surely be matched against another female team.
That is correct. EA announced that women's teams will only be able to play against other women's teams, to preserve the uniqueness of the women's game supposedly. EA corp typically loves to control and limit how gamers can play their games.

Last edited:

only thing Fifa needs is balanced gameplay; defending-attacking and proper tactics and team ratings. eg i hate that Dortmund is such a strong pressing team like Barca, hell even a stronger team, i hate that Obomayoung is in the top 3 strikers atm, i hate that cpu plays like Barca with every team without crossing, long balls etc, i hate that NO ONE can stop Ronaldo, i want that the likes of Kompany, Ramos, Neuer would represent the same quality in defending like the top strikers.

nothing else. in general keepers, atmosphere, graphics could remain the same. maybe Fifa should stole some ideas like player ID from PES, just like tactics. EA has the human resources to manage this anyway. more stats would be also nice

i want that the likes of Kompany,represent the same quality in defending like the top strikers.

You clearly have not been watching Kompany this season... He has been showing the defensive qualities of a top striker.

All your other points are completely valid, and are pretty much the same things that annoy me about the game.. But at present FIFA is the best of a bad bunch and until PES start producing a decent game again FIFA will get away with an average - seriously bugged game year after year.

Last edited:

Women in FIFA ?
maxresdefault.jpg

Dy51l.gif

tumblr_mik5lql8av1qzut2ao1_400.gif
Finaly all this will make sense !!

Last edited:

and 'changes in career modes'".

I'm hoping its not just new menu graphics or something cosmetic like the ability to talk to your players before and after a match like the old talk to the press options.

Now their Fifa manager game is gone they don't have that conflicting interest so hopefully they've used that team to beef career mode up.

Things like purchasing stadium upgrades so you don't get notts county in the champions league but you're locked into having a shitty low league stadium forever.
But I'd love proper micro management with ticket prices, training facilities, doctors, arranging my own fucking friendlies! Maybe add player agents into the mix to shit things up and add more team chemistry and tactical options like they have on ultimate team.
Oh and licensed managers that can change teams, who have their own tactics and play style and morph teams into those.

Its so easy to think of tons of cool ideas to really freshen career modes up... Its a crime they barely improve it year on year.

FIFA manager mode works for me for the most part. Youth system would be the one thing I'd want overhauled though. Each team should have their u-19 team or something. And regens should be mostly from that club's country. They just appear automatically every year into the u-19 squad. They should just copy football manager in as many things as possible.

I'd also like for Career mode as a player to have all the options players have in FM. Speak to the media (a la Casillas w/ Mourinho) or having the youth national teams as well, so you play the u-20 WC if you aren't good enough as a teenager to yet make it to the senior team. At first being subbed in late in games, or when you first start get subbed out early until your prove yourself.

Not too sure how I feel about this announcement tbh, I think I'm pleased lol.

Well, I don't care as long as they make a good game. Good thing for the female gamers though. For the love of god, just "fix" the damn game.

I hope this isn't just another PR stunt or them being out of ideas. Them saying they only just had the technology to do women's teams is a silly excuse.

I hope this isn't just another PR stunt or them being out of ideas. Them saying they only just had the technology to do women's teams is a silly excuse.

Purely market research and sales this..there must be indication that more younger girls are into football and video games

Back
Top Bottom