Fifa 09 Editing - Holland Squad & Free Transfers.

I'm assuming that as there are 40 international teams there have to be a fair few more players that should be available to move to free transfers, will try to find out :)

I've fixed the Holland squad now thanks to you Placebo and JeffT :D Thanks a lot guys, really great work.

I'll have it on a seperate file though, so I can play a manager mode without all the fake Holland players :).

That's annoying, and you can't edit hair style etc. and Mikel looks so stupid I won't even play him (with the mullet)

yeh he looks nothng like himself from the tele camera...
ea needs to make more low LOD hairstyles...there are a lot of hairs turning out on wrong ones when u see from the far(tele, dynamic) camera...from the top of my head i can say Martins and Mikel for instance

yeh he looks nothng like himself from the tele camera...
ea needs to make more low LOD hairstyles...there are a lot of hairs turning out on wrong ones when u see from the far(tele, dynamic) camera...from the top of my head i can say Martins and Mikel for instance

Jo for Man City looks like he's got a mad afro from far away,

but , at least jo did used a hair like that a while ago(just befor city signed him)
same goes with Lyon's fred...now he has shorter hair...
i dont mind those 2, cause players change their hair style very often, and its impossible to catch up with that, unless EA let us edit hairstyles..

It'd be nice for players to have hidden or special off-the-field attributes for when in Manager Mode. Some players can cope with the press being on their back, others need the manager to say the right thing. And others *cough* David James *cough* regularly change their hairstyle, and stuff like vanity etc could get too much and affect a "concentration" attribute forcing you to warn them.

My ideas should stay in my head, really.

It'd be nice for players to have hidden or special off-the-field attributes for when in Manager Mode. Some players can cope with the press being on their back, others need the manager to say the right thing. And others *cough* David James *cough* regularly change their hairstyle, and stuff like vanity etc could get too much and affect a "concentration" attribute forcing you to warn them.

Umm there are such traits in the game (now hidden in Fifa09 it seems):

Code:
 Adaptability
 Ambition
 Argues With Officials
 Big Game Player
 Club Identification - High
 Club Identification - Low
 Concentration - Low
 Determination - High
 Determination - Low
 Fans Favourite
 Flexibility
 Leadership
 May Fail To Perform Under Pressure
 Media Darling
 Risk Taker
 Scandal Prone
 Selfish
 Super Sub

They're the mental traits that can be applied to players. Can't remember if you played much Fifa08 but you'd have seen a number of those on various players :)

Thanks. I honestly don't remember them in '08, well, most of them anyway. Super Sub & Adaptability stand out to me.

If they're in the game (which they are obviously as you've stated), when the chuff do we see them make a difference? Upon reading that list I think I've only experienced a little Club Identification out of the more off-the-pitch style traits. Michael Owen saying he doesn't want to sign for Spurs as it's a stepdown (:(), however he said that to Sarah's Chelsea side in MM, then signed on a repeat bid a week later. I'm guessing that's what Club Identification means?

These traits really must be hidden, either I haven't found most of them or never will, and I can't see them really standing out and making a difference. Next year huh? Trying to hang onto a player in pre-season, causing unrest at another club by announcing interest, players going AWOL, players growing beards until they get in the national side... :P

A few missing transfers I've noticed from the latest DB update:

Pascal Feindouno: St. Etienne - Al Sadd (Free Agent)
Nivaldo: St. Etienne - Al Sadd (Free Agent)

Last edited:
A few missing transfers I've noticed from the latest DB update:

David Di Michele: Torino - West Ham
Herit Ilunga: Toulouse - West Ham
Pascal Feindouno: St. Etienne - Al Sadd (Free Agent)
Nivaldo: St. Etienne - Al Sadd (Free Agent)
Pele: Inter - Porto

Latest DB update? As in the offline one you get once you've subscribed to Adidas Live Season? Because all these transfers are done in the database.

I have seen they are done in the database but they only seem to appear in the update if you subscribe that particular league's Live Season update eg. I subscribe to Serie A and the Pele transfer is updated however the others aren't.

I have seen they are done in the database but they only seem to appear in the update if you subscribe that particular league's Live Season update eg. I subscribe to Serie A and the Pele transfer is updated however the others aren't.

Hmm they should have been included in the post release squad update, for example there are a number of fixes to Sheffield Wednesday players that should appear once you've saved the squad update for offline use.

I have both the online post release squad update and the live season update saved as different roster files and the transfers appear in neither from what I can see

Hmm something is indeed iffy then, one way to confirm if you have the latest rosters (as they are to my knowledge), in edit mode check Akpo Sodje of Sheffield Wednesday, his hair should be black, in the retail version it was incorrectly bleached (his 2d image will still show bleached so ignore that).

players to place in the free agent list from all the national teams:

Argentina
Veron

Australia
J. Burns

Austria
Stranzl

Brazil
Vagner Love

Bulgaria
G. Petkov
Manchev
Peev
Milanov
Yovov
Tomasic
Georgiev
Lazarov
Topuzakov
Telkiyski
V. Iliev
Lucio Wagner
G. Iliev
Kolev
Kirilov
I. Petkov
Jankovic
Markov

Cameroon
Tchato
Angbwa
Essola Tchamba

China
Li Weifeng
Li Jinyu
Zong Lei
Wang Dong
Li Leilei
Zheng Bin
Du Zhenyu
Han Peng
Du Wei
Zhang Yaokun
Dong
Li Tie
Yang Jun
Xu Yunlong
Ji Mingyi
Mao Juanqing
Zhou Haibin
Cao Yang
Zhao Xuri
Wang Peng
Chen Dong
Li Yan
Zhang Shijai
Xin Feng
Zhu Ting
Tao

Croatia
Srna
Pletikosa
Balaban
Biscan
Zivkovic
Vejic
Vukojevic
Buljat
Kalinic

Czech Rep.
Kovac
Jiranek

Ecuador
Cevallos
Saritama
Reasco
Banguera
De La Cruz
Guagua
Kaviedes
Castro
Montano
Mina
Elizaga
Urrutia
Bagui
Hurtado
Bolanos
C. Tenorio
Ordonez
Ambrossi
Ayovi
de Jesus
Quiroz
Campos

Finland
A. Eremenko Jr.
Litmanen
Maenpaa
R. Eremenko
Moisander
Aaritalo

Greece
Dellas
Anatolakis
Sifakis
Kapsis
Venetiois

Hungary
Rajczi
Farkas
Rudolf
Koteles
Orosz
Koltai

Korea
Kim Young Dae
Kim Young Kwang
Kim Nam Il
Kim Dong Jin
Cho Byung Kuk
Lee Kwan Woo
Cho Jae Jin
Jung Sung Ryong
Kim Jung Woo
Lee Keun Ho
Lee Jeong Su
Kwak Hui Ju
Kang Min Soo
Oh Jang Eun
Yeom Ki Hun
Baek Ji Hoon
Oh Beum Suk
Lee Chung Yong
Cho Young Hyung
Lee Jong Min
Cho Won Hee
Kwak Tae Whi
Yeom Dong Gyun
Park Won Jae

New Zealand
Elliott
Vicelich
Smeltz
Fisher
Wilson
Moss
Bertos
Lockhead
James
Paston
Mulligan
Brown
Christie
Sigmund
Old
De Gregorio
Brockie
Bouckenooghe
Wylie
Campbell
Pritchett
Webster
Bannatyne
Barron
Tinkler

Paraguay
Caniza
Paredes
Bobadilla
Zeballos
Nunez
Gonzalez
Torres
Gomez
V. Caceres

Poland
Jop
Lewandowski
Bronowicki
Golanski

Portugal
Danny

Romania
Lobont
Radoi
Goian
Tamas
F. Petre
Zicu
Rat
Moti
Cocis
Nicolita
M. Niculae
O. Petre
Stoica
Bornescu
Popa
Marin
Cristea
Ghionea
Stancioiu
Badoi

Russia
Akinfeev
Arshavin
Malafeev
Zhirkov
Kerzhakov
Pogrebnyak
Gabbulov
Anyukov
Semshov
Sytchev
Zyryanov
Bystrov
Torbinskiy
Kolodin
Semak
Bilyaletdinov
Saenko
Denisov
Ignashevich
Adamov
V. Berezutskiy
A. Berezutskiy
Shirokov
Ivanov
Yanbaev
Prudnikov
Kombarov
Shishkin

Slovenia
Lavric
Rakovic
Kirm
Cipot
Zlogar
Vrsic
Zinko
Mihelic
Nenezic
Matic
Fornezzi
Lazic
Jukan

South Africa
Zuma
Moriri
Pa Gaxa
Fanteni
Walaza
Fransman
Khumalo
Dikgacoi
Sibaya
Mphela
Masilela
Evans
Mhlongo
Chabangu

Sweden
Wilhelmsson

Switzerland
Hakan Yakin

Turkey
Fatih Tekke
Karadeniz

Ukraine
Tymoschuk
Shovkvski
Husyev
Kernozenko
Milevski
Rusol
Nazarenko
Pyatov
Shevchuk
Rebrov
Melaschenko
Kalynychenko
Chygrynskiy
Seleznyov
Aliev
Nesmachny
Vaschuk
Kucher
Kravchenko
Mikhalik
Venglinski
Golaydo
Mandzyuk
Homeniuk
Gay
Yarmash

Uruguay
Regueiro
Scotti
Bueno
Conde
S. Fernandez

Great work, but one problem - putting them as free agents removes them from the national side, and when you take so many out, it gets to a point where it won't allow any more to be removed :(.

I'm pissed...I've edited quite a few appearences and transferred the real players to the Dutch NT but...after a recent update of the Live Season...EVERYTHING BACK TO DEFAULT!!!

Can anyone else confirm this?

I heard that if you search for these players by name, they're still available? Is that true? I'd prefer that, as putting them to free agents is sneaky.

I would search myself, however I doubt the LittleBigPlanet disc will be escape my PS3 for the next 24 hours.

I'm pissed...I've edited quite a few appearences and transferred the real players to the Dutch NT but...after a recent update of the Live Season...EVERYTHING BACK TO DEFAULT!!!

Can anyone else confirm this?

i can confirm this happened to me too

I can confirm that the matter of saving your squads file for use in MM seperately from your squad used for online updates, has indeed been discussed in this here topic already.

MyFifa09 > Save / Load / Delete

Save your edited file for MM use to a new squads file. Then apply Adidas updates to the original one.

I'd also suggest making 2 or 3 backups, as it is very easy to overwrite your MM squads file.

players to place in the free agent list from all the national teams:

Argentina
Veron

Australia
J. Burns

Austria
Stranzl

Brazil
Vagner Love

Bulgaria
G. Petkov
Manchev
Peev
Milanov
Yovov
Tomasic
Georgiev
Lazarov
Topuzakov
Telkiyski
V. Iliev
Lucio Wagner
G. Iliev
Kolev
Kirilov
I. Petkov
Jankovic
Markov

Cameroon
Tchato
Angbwa
Essola Tchamba

China
Li Weifeng
Li Jinyu
Zong Lei
Wang Dong
Li Leilei
Zheng Bin
Du Zhenyu
Han Peng
Du Wei
Zhang Yaokun
Dong
Li Tie
Yang Jun
Xu Yunlong
Ji Mingyi
Mao Juanqing
Zhou Haibin
Cao Yang
Zhao Xuri
Wang Peng
Chen Dong
Li Yan
Zhang Shijai
Xin Feng
Zhu Ting
Tao

Croatia
Srna
Pletikosa
Balaban
Biscan
Zivkovic
Vejic
Vukojevic
Buljat
Kalinic

Czech Rep.
Kovac
Jiranek

Ecuador
Cevallos
Saritama
Reasco
Banguera
De La Cruz
Guagua
Kaviedes
Castro
Montano
Mina
Elizaga
Urrutia
Bagui
Hurtado
Bolanos
C. Tenorio
Ordonez
Ambrossi
Ayovi
de Jesus
Quiroz
Campos

Finland
A. Eremenko Jr.
Litmanen
Maenpaa
R. Eremenko
Moisander
Aaritalo

Greece
Dellas
Anatolakis
Sifakis
Kapsis
Venetiois

Hungary
Rajczi
Farkas
Rudolf
Koteles
Orosz
Koltai

Korea
Kim Young Dae
Kim Young Kwang
Kim Nam Il
Kim Dong Jin
Cho Byung Kuk
Lee Kwan Woo
Cho Jae Jin
Jung Sung Ryong
Kim Jung Woo
Lee Keun Ho
Lee Jeong Su
Kwak Hui Ju
Kang Min Soo
Oh Jang Eun
Yeom Ki Hun
Baek Ji Hoon
Oh Beum Suk
Lee Chung Yong
Cho Young Hyung
Lee Jong Min
Cho Won Hee
Kwak Tae Whi
Yeom Dong Gyun
Park Won Jae

New Zealand
Elliott
Vicelich
Smeltz
Fisher
Wilson
Moss
Bertos
Lockhead
James
Paston
Mulligan
Brown
Christie
Sigmund
Old
De Gregorio
Brockie
Bouckenooghe
Wylie
Campbell
Pritchett
Webster
Bannatyne
Barron
Tinkler

Paraguay
Caniza
Paredes
Bobadilla
Zeballos
Nunez
Gonzalez
Torres
Gomez
V. Caceres

Poland
Jop
Lewandowski
Bronowicki
Golanski

Portugal
Danny

Romania
Lobont
Radoi
Goian
Tamas
F. Petre
Zicu
Rat
Moti
Cocis
Nicolita
M. Niculae
O. Petre
Stoica
Bornescu
Popa
Marin
Cristea
Ghionea
Stancioiu
Badoi

Russia
Akinfeev
Arshavin
Malafeev
Zhirkov
Kerzhakov
Pogrebnyak
Gabbulov
Anyukov
Semshov
Sytchev
Zyryanov
Bystrov
Torbinskiy
Kolodin
Semak
Bilyaletdinov
Saenko
Denisov
Ignashevich
Adamov
V. Berezutskiy
A. Berezutskiy
Shirokov
Ivanov
Yanbaev
Prudnikov
Kombarov
Shishkin

Slovenia
Lavric
Rakovic
Kirm
Cipot
Zlogar
Vrsic
Zinko
Mihelic
Nenezic
Matic
Fornezzi
Lazic
Jukan

South Africa
Zuma
Moriri
Pa Gaxa
Fanteni
Walaza
Fransman
Khumalo
Dikgacoi
Sibaya
Mphela
Masilela
Evans
Mhlongo
Chabangu

Sweden
Wilhelmsson

Switzerland
Hakan Yakin

Turkey
Fatih Tekke
Karadeniz

Ukraine
Tymoschuk
Shovkvski
Husyev
Kernozenko
Milevski
Rusol
Nazarenko
Pyatov
Shevchuk
Rebrov
Melaschenko
Kalynychenko
Chygrynskiy
Seleznyov
Aliev
Nesmachny
Vaschuk
Kucher
Kravchenko
Mikhalik
Venglinski
Golaydo
Mandzyuk
Homeniuk
Gay
Yarmash

Uruguay
Regueiro
Scotti
Bueno
Conde
S. Fernandez

Awesome job Jeff thanks, I've updated the first post and credited you :) Once I've done these I can finally start my new Sheffield Wednesday manager mode :)

Great work, but one problem - putting them as free agents removes them from the national side, and when you take so many out, it gets to a point where it won't allow any more to be removed :(.

Well removing them from the national side is not an issue to me as you can just create a new squad file if you want to use national teams for some kind of competition, as for there being a limit on players to move to free transfer, I guess I'll do something like only move over players rated >60 then if there's space keep doing the <60 ones until it's full (or of course if there's not enough room even for the >60s I'll do >65 or whatever :)

Thanks for the advice mate, I will look at the ratings before I put them in the free agents when I get the time to get stuck into transferring them again. That may be at the weekend with all the work i'm getting at the moment.

Whilst doing it, I will make a note of every one of those players' overall ratings in notepad, and then post it up here when i've finished doing it, so that it's much easier for me and others to decide which players to put into the free agents.

When I was moving the players to the free agents the first time I was just doing it in the order that they were on the list, without knowing they got removed from the national sides, so I thought I had messed up the squads for the national side of the game when I found out they did. Luckily the adidas update (something which I think is pointless, i'll look for a way to turn it off) reset the national squads back to default but kept my created players.

I've always taken and taken and never given anything back to these forums and I feel a bit guilty from doing that really. I've been here over 3 years now and all I used to do was log in, download loads of PES patches and updates, install them and then log off without really properly appreciating the amount of effort put in by the creators of the patches. It's the same thing here, i've taken this information from here (which is fantastic work, thanks a lot to both Placebo and JeffT), and have used it to fix my Holland squad and will use the free agents list to make my manager mode better.
Hopefully just adding to the great work by JeffT on that free agents list will repay some of that :).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the players on my list are listed in overall ratings order with the first player on the list for each country having the highest rating etc.

Oh ok, I never knew that. That's even better work from you then :D.

Does anyone still want me to add overall ratings? I'd be happy to do it :)

Thanks for the advice mate, I will look at the ratings before I put them in the free agents when I get the time to get stuck into transferring them again. That may be at the weekend with all the work i'm getting at the moment.

I started doing a proper fleshed out list in Excel:
freebiesma8.jpg

Unfortunately I've only done 4 players so far!

The good thing about doing it in Excel is you can do custom lists, like all players <60 overall and <30 in age for example. Or you can choose all players from higher ranking national teams.

I guess it depends exactly how high the limit is, there's 274 names in total so far on the list, do you remember how many you could transfer over before it made you stop?

Having just got Fallout3 and loving that I'm not sure when I'll find time to work more on the list, but if anyone wants to do some on it here's a link to it: Internationals.xls

I've always taken and taken and never given anything back to these forums and I feel a bit guilty from doing that really. I've been here over 3 years now and all I used to do was log in, download loads of PES patches and updates, install them and then log off without really properly appreciating the amount of effort put in by the creators of the patches. It's the same thing here, i've taken this information from here (which is fantastic work, thanks a lot to both Placebo and JeffT), and have used it to fix my Holland squad and will use the free agents list to make my manager mode better.
Hopefully just adding to the great work by JeffT on that free agents list will repay some of that :).

I don't think you need to worry, most people here can see from your posts you're a good lad so don't think bad of you :)) as for this thread, I just copied and pasted the first info from the EA forums, Jeff's the one who deserves the big credit for doing the full free transfer list which was an immense task that I'd been putting off for weeks, whilst my internet was down I actually started doing it but then thankfully got back online and saw he'd done it :))

Thanks, i've downloaded that file and I so far I have done everyone down to Zivkovic of Croatia :).

Back
Top Bottom