FIFA 08 Manager Mode Adventure Thread

Nope, It's another lack of effort, which smacks of non Football fans making the game, any true Football nut would have given blood to put that in...

It smacks of EA having no balls and thus they removed the English playoffs because they were afraid of too much bitching from Scottish, Dutch, Australian, MLS fans whose leagues don't have the correct format ;)

08's next gen manager mode is essentially a straight "copy and paste" of 07's, so they had to deliberately remove the playoffs from English leagues and speculation is that the above reason is why, sucks of course but does sound like an EA thing.......

wow i just finnished my first season with everton, started the second one, played 4 champions league macthes, adn guess what? i have not seen a night game yet!!
is that right or is my game messed up?

Nope, that's right. It's been left out again.

sheeezzz...:(
the sunny day UCL atmosfere is killing me!
oh, and please in fifa09 they really need to at least let us chose the stadium which we wanna play in manager mode.. i cant stand looking at "estadio de las artes" anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only way to play your european matches of a night time is to start a friendly match before hand, change the settings to night time, quit then restart your manager mode. A complete pain in the arse yes but for now its the only way!.

IMO the best solution is to play as many day matches as you can until you get bored, save, quit to menu, choose night mode, save settings, go back to manager mode and play night matches until you get bored, I really can't be arsed with changing it for one match ;)

IMO the best solution is to play as many day matches as you can until you get bored, save, quit to menu, choose night mode, save settings, go back to manager mode and play night matches until you get bored, I really can't be arsed with changing it for one match ;)

Oh, so for even normal league games, you don't have night/day game rotation?

Nope, it's a flaw they copied and pasted from 07 current gen's manager mode, same as the other flaws they copied and pasted such as two matches on the same day and such.....

That is a shame really, I have been playing night mode it seems for ages now lol!

same here... this game wasnt develop to have night games, i say that because there are numeros stadiums without the night opition and with dusk instead..so from there u go.
i find very annoying that we cant have the CL and UEFAcup feeling merged in fifa just becasue of contractual stuff with UEFA.
well at least i hope this time around they give us a manager mode in UCL(if they release it, since 2008 its a EURO year, i dont think they will release both games)

about my manager mode, i started a new one with villarreal after winning the EPL with everton, i had so many edits in the edit mode that i felt like i needed to start a new manager mode.
im finding the spanish league a lot more dificult than the EPL... i did win in the last game of the season with everton.. but in LA liga i only finnished in 5th place in the first season(not using riquelme as in real life)i will never forget the beating i took from barca at home 3-0 with a messi show!:(
now in the second season im playing in UEFA cup.. im enjoying though the day uefa cup games takes almost all of its atmosfere.
just bought rodrigo palacio from boca, hes doing a great fowearf double with tomasson.

Last edited:
equipa2007-2008.jpg

BEM VINDO A
MADEIRA MISTER SIMAO!

inau_02.jpg

inau_09.jpg

Finished my first season today with Newcastle (Semi-pro)

Went the whole season unbeaten, won the League, FA Cup and Carling Cup treble.

I finished on 102 points. Mark Viduka with 42 goals :applause:

I signed a new contract, but ill be playing on Professional this time around. Champions League football \\:o/

=E=D=I=T=

By the way, why aren't cup finals played at Wembley??????? I played Liverpool in the FA Cup Final which was at ANFIELD! and Man United in the Carling Cup which was at OLD TRAFFORD! :mad:

they need to fix this in the next Fifa!!! dissapointing.

Last edited:
You didn't feel the urge to up the skill level once you knew you weren't being challenged? Personally I wouldn't enjoying winning 3 trophies in a season if I didn't have to really work for them, finishing the season unbeaten shows you really weren't on a skill level that challenged you all that much, well horse for courses I guess :)

By the way, why aren't cup finals played at Wembley??????? I played Liverpool in the FA Cup Final which was at ANFIELD! and Man United in the Carling Cup which was at OLD TRAFFORD! :mad:

they need to fix this in the next Fifa!!! dissapointing.

Yep, its always like this :(
I started with Man Utd once, and played Community Shield at Stamford Bridge :roll:

Anyway...
I started Manager Mode with Dagenham and Redbrdige of League 2, and its bloody hard! I have got the fitness staff to 5/10 so far, but all my players are tired most games.

Yep, its always like this :(
I started with Man Utd once, and played Community Shield at Stamford Bridge :roll:

Anyway...
I started Manager Mode with Dagenham and Redbrdige of League 2, and its bloody hard! I have got the fitness staff to 5/10 so far, but all my players are tired most games.

You need to get to level 6 at least ash, it's about right then...

You didn't feel the urge to up the skill level once you knew you weren't being challenged? Personally I wouldn't enjoying winning 3 trophies in a season if I didn't have to really work for them, finishing the season unbeaten shows you really weren't on a skill level that challenged you all that much, well horse for courses I guess :)
We'll when i started i was only winning games 1-0, 2-1 so it was about right. When i got to the latter stage of the season i obviously got better as a player and scored more goals so i thought i might as well finish the season on Semi-pro.

Been mentioned a few times ;)

It's an old Fifa06 current gen bug, and an old Fifa07 current gen bug, nice of EA to recycle old bugs.....

No idea if it was fixed for 08 current gen (which should mean it'd be fixed for us in 09 next gen).

I brought Peterborough Utd. to the Premier and playing EFA cup right now. All done in Pro level. But now cheats are annoying me a lot. Considering quitting the game because of the stupid cheats.

Back
Top Bottom