FC Barcelona Thread

What are y'all thoughts on Ansu Fati?

Did they really give him the No. 10 ? Good luck to the lad. Top talent.
As insignificant as it may seem though I think this is the wrong move. "Just step into the boots of the greatest player ever mate, do your best .. no pressure!"

WOT!? When Messi was coming through he had Ronaldinho, Xavi , Iniesta, Eto'o, etc the list is too long farken. There was much less pressure & that is one reason why he flourished so early on. No disrespect to any current Barca player, but back then Barca were an actual TEAM with real leaders in every position.

Good luck Ansu! As a neutral, who just loved watching Barcelona at its best. I will be cheering for him :BEER:

Did they really give him the No. 10 ? Good luck to the lad. Top talent.
As insignificant as it may seem though I think this is the wrong move. "Just step into the boots of the greatest player ever mate, do your best .. no pressure!"

WOT!? When Messi was coming through he had Ronaldinho, Xavi , Iniesta, Eto'o, etc the list is too long farken. There was much less pressure & that is one reason why he flourished so early on. No disrespect to any current Barca player, but back then Barca were an actual TEAM with real leaders in every position.

Good luck Ansu! As a neutral, who just loved watching Barcelona at its best. I will be cheering for him :BEER:
As much as it seems that there'll be a huge pressure on him. I don't think Fati is that kind of guy. I think he'll take it as a challenge with no extra burdens, after all , having such a player on your hands from the academy in a long time you wouldn't want to place a burden on him + he is coming from Injury. But I don't think he will necessarily feel the pressure.

Also about the current team. Yeah it's no longer what is was. But I think it's still a very very good base to build on for the future, we have talents everywhere.

Fati, Gavi, Nico, Araujo, Mingueza, Balde , Tenas/Inaki (GKs) , are all from the academy and the recent surge of the new generation of great talents coming through and shining from the academy is a pretty good breath of fresh air. The academy was never dead, it was just never used properly or even looked at.

Add on top of them the players we signed like Demir, Dembele, Frenkie and Dest. I think that is quite a good core.
Obviously we'll also need a manager and Koeman is alright for 2 seasons or maybe even 3 (some people will absolutely disagree with me on this) but we have no other option. People talk about Xavi, but trust me I have seen Al Sadd play alot and the league quality is also huge. You can't really take a manager from Qatar's League to La Liga and from AFC Champions League to UEFA CL and think it'll work straight off. People are just fantasising off the same stuff that Guardiola came and did what he did and they're expecting Xavi to do the same. If Xavi had come this season, I don't find it hard to believe that something similar to Lampard might have happened (except the sack).

The current fanbase is too impatient and they act like Barcelona was always a huge club, which is not even true. Real Madrid were but Barcelona was not, Barcelona was just a well run club even as recent as the 80s which lead to 2 UCL finals (which we lost) and then the crowning moment was the '92 CL win and along with that the 4 Back to back La Liga titles under Cruyff. But me saying this for Barcelona supporters only would be a lie. Every one is impatient now

As much as it seems that there'll be a huge pressure on him. I don't think Fati is that kind of guy. I think he'll take it as a challenge with no extra burdens, after all , having such a player on your hands from the academy in a long time you wouldn't want to place a burden on him + he is coming from Injury. But I don't think he will necessarily feel the pressure.

Also about the current team. Yeah it's no longer what is was. But I think it's still a very very good base to build on for the future, we have talents everywhere.

Fati, Gavi, Nico, Araujo, Mingueza, Balde , Tenas/Inaki (GKs) , are all from the academy and the recent surge of the new generation of great talents coming through and shining from the academy is a pretty good breath of fresh air. The academy was never dead, it was just never used properly or even looked at.

Add on top of them the players we signed like Demir, Dembele, Frenkie and Dest. I think that is quite a good core.
Obviously we'll also need a manager and Koeman is alright for 2 seasons or maybe even 3 (some people will absolutely disagree with me on this) but we have no other option. People talk about Xavi, but trust me I have seen Al Sadd play alot and the league quality is also huge. You can't really take a manager from Qatar's League to La Liga and from AFC Champions League to UEFA CL and think it'll work straight off. People are just fantasising off the same stuff that Guardiola came and did what he did and they're expecting Xavi to do the same. If Xavi had come this season, I don't find it hard to believe that something similar to Lampard might have happened (except the sack).

The current fanbase is too impatient and they act like Barcelona was always a huge club, which is not even true. Real Madrid were but Barcelona was not, Barcelona was just a well run club even as recent as the 80s which lead to 2 UCL finals (which we lost) and then the crowning moment was the '92 CL win and along with that the 4 Back to back La Liga titles under Cruyff. But me saying this for Barcelona supporters only would be a lie. Every one is impatient now

Thanks for the update on academy, It is good to know there is more where that came from. And I really hope you are right about Fati .. perhaps he is just built different bro! :LOL:

In regards to Xavi, I agree. He needs more time for experience himself, & let that Barca squad gel a few years. Pep was brilliant for sure, but that team he inherited had players that literally grew up together. Some with Pep himself! So that chemistry, will be hard to replicate.

Having said that, I'd love to see it happen sometime. Xavi as head coach (& hopefully Pique as el presidente?!).

So..
Xavi back as Manager
Got a pretty damn good generation of players through the academy and some players we've bought

And now a 38 year old Dani Alves returns, although for 6 months on really measly wages, he can't play till January but he can train and all.

Thoughts on the seasons so far?
Koeman's time was turbulent to say the least

So..
Xavi back as Manager
Got a pretty damn good generation of players through the academy and some players we've bought

And now a 38 year old Dani Alves returns, although for 6 months on really measly wages, he can't play till January but he can train and all.

Thoughts on the seasons so far?
Koeman's time was turbulent to say the least
When Koeman pointed out as new barca manager i remember everton fans screaming that he's fraud, lol. Great player but (really) sucks as manager XD

Well, you've heard the news. Aguero will be force to retired. Football lost one of best talent. Great player, one of my favorite but its inevitable.

sometimes I don't get this team.

They wanted to rebuild and they don't have money but they're getting Lewandowski for 50m euro and we already have Aubameyang upfront.

They don't have money but refuse to sell Frenkie and sign Raphina for 58m euro.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom