F1 2018

The game is great fun and I would recommend a purchase.

Practice and Qualifying is great and if you get through the first lap of the race then the race is then great fun.
But the AI is very poor IMO.

I don't know about what people on forums say about the game as not read any other forums.

The only thing I have done is download multiple graphical patches.

in general terms the AI is really good, had Sainz trying switch back on me and all sorts during the race, but during programmed events like pit exit etc You are best just to get off it and sit in behind.

I noticed the latest PC and PS4 patch they released they made mass changes to the AI..

So the AI could potentially of been fixed now.

I use cockpit cam and had a nightmare of a race at Monaco, part of which was in the rain. I tried using the t-cams, which seemed slightly easier, but I just can't play racing games in anything but cockpit cam anymore. Also had a tough time on just about every lap getting around the Grand Hotel Hairpin. Not sure what the deal is there? Anyway, perfectly happy to finish last in that race.:SMUG:

Last edited:
I would have been perfectly happy to finish at all in Monaco. Unfortunately i slammed into a wall and that was the end of it. Quite realistic as i'm playing with Verstappen :P

I had a entertaining race on f1 game last night in shanghai. I qualfied at 8th place due to me being shit in the rain(it was raining in qualifying and during the race i was 2nd, chasing vettel with two laps to go and guess what? Had a fucking puncture which forced me to pit! But with 2 laps to go, vettel fucked up his tyres too! i ended up finishing 14th :( Brilliant game

Great post. How rare is that nowadays.

Sounds like I'll have to invest if the AI has had a tune-up.

You really should. Ai is pretty good. There's a level to be found for everyone. I play on hard with a lot of assists on. Winning races, screwing up races...i love it!
I was in 1st place at the Belgian grand prix only to be over taken 2 laps before the end of the race by that damn Mercedes. I managed to regain 1st position, but did it by bumping into my opponent Rosberg. So, finished second but due to the penalty i got because of that manouvre i was pushed back to 5th place...and i liked it!
Well, i didn't really but i liked how that pissed me off. :P

You can also choose the depth. I don't mess around at all with the car setup, but if you want you can spend hours there.
I really think this is worth the money, game like this deserve to be bought at full price.

Yea I'm loving this too. Dumped it on PC as I was getting the stuttering/lag bug that loads of people are having from the thread I'm in on the Codies forum.

Bit the bullet and paid for PS4 version too - so much better (in terms of no problems, nice looking, no lag etc).

Currently doing a career with Haas. I usually race on Pro, no assists apart from auto gears, braking line in corners, but I was doing too well to keep it realistic (qualifying Renault on pole etc :( )

Someone on AVF recommend I persevere with manual gears, so did that (I usually use manual gears on steering wheel - but cant get on with it on pad). Hated it at first, but did stick with it and now its SO much better! Using gears to slow into some corners without having to use too much braking etc is so useful and obviously added that extra layer of difficulty/realism into it.

Just raced in China and was a really great race. Finished 15th (target was 14th) but was so happy as it was a great race and I had some nice battles.

Its what I love about this years game, every race - every session - every position - all of it counts towards something. Either getting R&D points, getting rival points, or hell, just 'career score' for leaderboard. It makes every race mean something, which previous few editions havent. It wasnt even really worth doing a realistic career with a small team last year to just chug around the back of the field with nothing to achieve.

Took me a while to learn the racing line but now that I've got it down I love the new track at Baku. That and Singapore are favorites to race at. Hoping we see the New Jersey street track in the future now that F1 is in new hands.

Another patch released:-

Patch Notes v1.5.0 - 21/09/2016

Hey guys!

We've got another patch for you. This patch contains updated vehicle appearances for Mercedes, Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren, Manor, Renault, Force India and Toro Rosso, as well as containing bug fixes and stability improvements.

Here's the full list of patch notes:
  • Updated vehicle appearance for Mercedes, Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren, Manor, Renault, Force India and Toro Rosso.
  • Made adjustments to relative performance of teams and drivers based upon 2016 results so far.
  • Stability improvements for all game modes
  • Various Multiplayer Fixes
  • Various graphical bug fixes
  • Various other bug fixes.
Let us know if there's anything you spot that isn't as it should be.

Yea it is. It's great to have the safety car back this year and to have the VSC as well. I'm not very good at keeping the correct delta when behind it though and my race engineer is always having a go. Would be nice at some point in the future to have a crew working on clearing an accident and debris while under a safety car. Feels a bit weird driving around with nothing happening on track. That's just being picky though. Full races are brilliant. Very tactical.

Are people playing with wheels or controllers? I'm on xbox one - would love a wheel if it was an improvement over the controller but if it's not a $300 improvement then I won't bother. Not sure if the wheels work with something like Forza?

I recently bought a G29 wheel there is an XBOX equivalent and it adds so much to the game by playing with a wheel.
I would only recommend buying a wheel though if you have multiple games, don't buy a wheel for just one game.

New patch available PC ONLY:-
Hey,

There's a new patch on PC that has gone live. You can find the notes below.

• Fixed a crash loading specific mid-session saves from a previous version.
  • Fixed the LCD display on the steering wheel not always showing the current gear.
  • Fixed a multiplayer bug that would sometimes show players who pit under the safety car as being in first place which led to the queue breaking and penalties being awarded incorrectly.
  • Players who disconnect now behave like players who have paused, they will ghost and drive at the chosen AI difficulty level.
  • The session starts in countdown will no longer reset when a new player joins the lobby.
  • Fixed a number of crash bugs.

Any questions, problems, or issues, please let us know!

I had a interesting race yesterday in f1 in barcelona track. I started 3rd in the race and got to 1st after 3 laps ahead of hamilton but due to the pit crew giving me a shit strategy they told me to pit early. i pitted early and was in the middle of the pack. made my way back to top 4 only for some dickhead to bang into my front wing damaging it a bit so my 2nd pit took ages as they had to change front wing! With about 10 laps to go i got a puncture! luckily i was a corner away from the pit lane so i did not lose much time but 3rd stop grrr and that cost me as i was battling with botas for the remaining race for 6th position. with a lap to go i got another fucking punchture just after i raced passed the pitlane... ended up finishing 11th..... hamilton 50 points ahead of me....

Just witnessed some lovely visual effects of the colored lights filtering through spray and rain drops during a sunrise race at Singapore in the rain.:SMOKIN:

Just witnessed some lovely visual effects of the colored lights filtering through spray and rain drops during a sunrise race at Singapore in the rain.:SMOKIN:

Still no sparks though, which were there in the pre-release version and now seemingly removed. Hate when devs do that.

Ahh Wtf I was racing in Baku track. I started pole and lead the whole race and with 5laps to go my pit crew told me that I have low fuel. So I slowed down my laps and on the final lap 2/3 away from finishing it my fuel was fucked and I limped home at 8th place Wtf! I love this game!

Updated the title as no need for a new thread.

Probably the only person to have purchased the game.

But initial impressions are the gameplay hasn't changed much, however the graphics on the PC version in 4K have improved.

AI is really dump and just follow a racing line, therefore keep crashing into the side of your car when overtaking, apart from that it is enjoyable once you find a skill level to match your own skill.

Back
Top Bottom