eFootball (All Platforms)

They are testing different builds out every week. But no mate, sorry I didn't ask.

Erm Player ID is kinda there for current players like Messi, Lewa, Ronaldo in terms of free-kick animations. I didn't really notice anything else. Player Traits still remain
Just watched your video. First I've had a chance to look at so far. Really well presented! Thanks for taking the time to put that together. Some nice surprises in there like winning some penalties (I'd be lucky to get a single one in 5 seasons of ML) and the game showing how form affects stats. Concerned a bit that lifted long pass may now be gone as Robbie mentioned. Has that been removed?

Spoony deserves it and more. The guy is arrogant and talks like crap to people who share option files in the comments of his videos. Plus he’s a shill. It’s all about money with him, he’s trying to build a successful career out of PES and PES alone. He even posted here years ago promoting his videos - the guy would sell his own grandmother if it meant more YouTube revenue.

The Knight’s content is very good, agree with you here.
I thought spoony was a girl when I first heard his voice.

Right, had enough with the shill comments. How much money do you think there is in promoting PES? Konami are barely spending a penny on actual game development this year, let alone marketing (have you seen that colour scheme?)...

...and if you think their ads will make them a ton of money, consider how much traffic they're likely to get creating PES content as opposed to any other major sports title. If money is what you were after, you'd be switching to FIFA, or NBA 2K, or basically any other game.

Yes, some YouTubers are incredibly positive about the game they love. That's hardly strange, is it? They're entitled to their opinion and entitled to be hopeful. They're even entitled to ignore the negatives. If you disagree with them (I certainly do), ignore them and move on. I'm sick to death of the insults.

These "shill" comments will now be treated as a personal attack aimed at another member, and personal attacks result in bans. You have been warned.
Didn't Adam Bhatti do well out of it? Maybe there is some kind of career path into Konami. Asmi and Weeden's were involved also. The latter 2 come across as two stand up guys tbf.

Just watched your video. First I've had a chance to look at so far. Really well presented! Thanks for taking the time to put that together. Some nice surprises in there like winning some penalties (I'd be lucky to get a single one in 5 seasons of ML) and the game showing how form affects stats. Concerned a bit that lifted long pass may now be gone as Robbie mentioned. Has that been removed?
Again I can only apologize but I can't recall lmao. Tbh I didn't even know if it was supposed to be gone because I haven't read the article with Robbye

Right, had enough with the shill comments. How much money do you think there is in promoting PES? Konami are barely spending a penny on actual game development this year, let alone marketing (have you seen that colour scheme?)...

...and if you think their ads will make them a ton of money, consider how much traffic they're likely to get creating PES content as opposed to any other major sports title. If money is what you were after, you'd be switching to FIFA, or NBA 2K, or basically any other game.

Yes, some YouTubers are incredibly positive about the game they love. That's hardly strange, is it? They're entitled to their opinion and entitled to be hopeful. They're even entitled to ignore the negatives. If you disagree with them (I certainly do), ignore them and move on. I'm sick to death of the insults.

These "shill" comments will now be treated as a personal attack aimed at another member, and personal attacks result in bans. You have been warned.

This is what I was anticipating two weeks back, before Konami extended their embargo and we were imminently due the impressions videos back then:

The point is quite clear. I think what's really sad is when people throw around accusations of shilling or being on the take in some way, normally without evidence, the moment any YouTuber of note in the broader PES ecosystem doesn't slate the game.

As I said above, this will happen tomorrow/Weds, if the feedback from anyone who's played it is positive. It's sad and predictable. I am hoping for critical and objective feedback myself. If I don't see it, there could be many reasons; "shilling" won't be the reason I'll jump to.

I mean, on one score I was corrected – Spoony really did do sponsored content for Konami, including promoting their lootbox F2P version. And that is a genuine shame. Even if it's really a pittance, it is still enough to bring into question a person's objectivity.

But that said, and this is what I was trying to get at in my earlier posts – there's no objectivity here anyway! If you're a PES fan and you're generally very positive about the game and your channel is all about the game, you're likely to be biased. (That's what makes me appreciate Cam's video, in its frankness about the negatives.) I also think SP's statements about PES have often not tracked my own view, or those generally found here – if dribbling feels smooth, he'll bang on about that and treat that as a good marker for realism. So you can see where differences of opinion would form in a more general appraisal of a game or preview code.

There's loads of reasons why previewers would be biased or just why they would be positive, and we don't need to bring into question their moral character to make sense of it.

Again I can only apologize but I can't recall lmao. Tbh I didn't even know if it was supposed to be gone because I haven't read the article with Robbye
No worries! Will have to see if it's there next week. I use that ball a lot for getting the ball out wide and up the pitch on the counter. Works really nicely on manual.

Quick reminder, GamesRadar had Asim write reviews of PES 2015 and PES 2016, and Barry (PES Universe) wrote the review of PES 2021.

I'm absolutely not suggesting they were biased - in-fact, Barry gave PES 2021 the joint-lowest rating of any PES from 2015's review onwards (4/5 stars). He went on to host the eEuros and did a brilliant job. Both are good guys, and both reached out to us to gather gameplay feedback in the past.

I'm just saying, GamesRadar tends to give PES a lot of praise. As did Eurogamer, and yet the only positive they seem to be able to name about eFootball is the ballboys.
So hypothetically speaking if there was any bias, not that you're suggesting anything of the sort of course, the ballboys could (in this hypothetical scenario) be wildly overhyped.
If this positive gets relegated to a theoretical negative, what do negative aspects of the game get relegated to?

Hypothetically speaking, with no suggestion of any arse lickage from anyone, I'm predicting the worst review for the franchise - a 3.9/5... rounded up to a 4/5.

Hey all.

here is that QA

I Play the PES TOO (sarcarsm), Why bla, bla and bla? I do not care. If they release the game Already!
Is not 7 days to go, it's 52 days for full game. 🥵 🤡
And i get it, they don´t wanna show the full pes, full outdated without any dlc package in, as usual, lastest years people complain about the player stats no full transfers, and they made the data updated 2 months later as DLC 2.00. Konami is smart, they read the trolls in steam fórum, but this office likes to be quiet.

So much propaganda.

Last edited:
two positive opinions in writing from IGN and games radar

https://www.ign.com/articles/efootb...s-dead-long-live-efootball?utm_source=twitter

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/efootball-2022-preview/

now, i'm not suggesting that the following may have an impact on the overall opinions of the people writing. but the first guy praised the new menu and presentation and the second guy used the word 'sick' in the first sentence...

I wonder if sick was used ironically? He's an Edge writer,hopefully it was.

That gamesradar writeup is startlingly positive, but the detail of it has the ring of truth somehow.

If this were a proper next gen release, everything he wrote would be music to our ears. It's so hard to imagine it's true.

I'm wondering if it is, but he's basically given the pitch textures and ball physics a pass.

Well, we can download it for free and test out a 5 min offline game.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating and it won't cost us a penny.

We will soon find out who is talking honest and who is talking bollocks.

Or who has a completely warped idea of what a football game should be.

(Every football review on Eurogamer makes me cringe at one point).

Some of these reviews are hilariously sad, but its ok, the game is out in a week, anyone still confused will see how horrible it is and how the graphics on PS5/PS4/PC/etc are the same as in that alpha beta test.

Well, we can download it for free and test out a 5 min offline game.

2.5 minute halves must mean they're really proud of the AI.

Maybe it's so good & they want people to buy the modes to play for longer against the AI.

But there are no offline modes to buy and no ETA.

Or maybe there are additional mobile plans / per minute charges.

Oh well. Who the hell knows or cares. Not Konami. :)

In the TTBS video Barry said the keepers are even more OP and thats because the shooting has way less contextual error.
And if even he says this who doesnt have much of a problem with PES15-21 shooting error, then its a big MEH. Are we back again the R2+Square guaranteed goals thing?

In the TTBS video Barry said the keepers are even more OP and thats because the shooting has way less contextual error.
And if even he says this who doesnt have much of a problem with PES15-21 shooting error, then its a big MEH. Are we back again the R2+Square guaranteed goals thing?
Wow, that would be atrocious. Among the other things the game was already in a bad state before in this regard, I can't imagine it being even worse.

When a content creators channel is dependant on a particular game franchise they tend to praise a game rather than have an unbiased opinion or even honest especially if th

Interesting theory. Can you be more specific? Like, which game am I supposed to praise and which one am I supposed to bash? PES 2021 or eFootball? I mean, it's in my best interest if I bash eFootball, since Konami doesn't send me shit anyway, and I'm a pure offline player who heavily relies on visual mods, telling everyone to just get the PC version an play offline.

eFootball is an online game with no mods.

I'm just confused, which game am I expected to praise because it sure as hell isn't eFootball. It just seems that you're damned if I praised (he's a shill!), damned if I didn't (he just wants people to stick to PES).

How about this? I say what I think about the gameplay based on the sources I have (which are like yours, since I didn't get to test the game), and you take it for a grain of salt mkay?

I think playtests have probably often had small time limits on game length, no? Demos usually do. I doubt the "release code" (something of a useless phrase at this point) will force 5min games.

2.5 minute halves must mean they're really proud of the AI.

Maybe it's so good & they want people to buy the modes to play for longer against the AI.

But there are no offline modes to buy and no ETA.

Or maybe there are additional mobile plans / per minute charges.

Oh well. Who the hell knows or cares. Not Konami. :)
I might be in the minority, but I'm all for the removal of 2nd man press. Problem is though, They would have had to seriously improve on AI awareness, positioning & responsiveness.
They've never shown any competency to produce this though.

Also a thought, but maybe the dumbed down tactics might help with overall AI performance. (Same with player ID) If the AI individual players only has 2-3 different coded instructions to follow during a match, maybe they won't be pushed and pulled with counter-intuitive tactics vs individual play styles.
Maybe less information overload & less options might provide less braindead AI.

Anyway, the lack of 2nd man press might get rid of the super intense, homing missile, no risk all reward gegenpressing for 90mins. If so I might give online a chance.

Every now and then, when reading or listening to these impressions, there'll be a comment like "sometimes players don't know where the ball is" or "referees need work"...

...and I hear this bellowing, angry voice in my head shouting "BRAND NEW GAME YOU SAY??", "TWO YEARS OFF" and "HOW IS THIS STILL HAPPENING".

Think I need therapy.

Every now and then, when reading or listening to these impressions, there'll be a comment like "sometimes players don't know where the ball is" or "referees need work"...

...and I hear this bellowing, angry voice in my head shouting "BRAND NEW GAME YOU SAY??", "TWO YEARS OFF" and "HOW IS THIS STILL HAPPENING".

Think I need therapy.
Why can't we just have the PES 5 referees back? Like the one from Asia who dished out yellow cards for every sliding tackle foul and a fair share of reds too. There was always a gasp of panic whenever my mates or I would go in for a sliding challenge with him as the referee. I know those referees are probably retired now, but they were the best.

Back
Top Bottom