eFootball (All Platforms)

There is also the great modding section for PES 21 and older games to re-explore and enjoy. Those games will never disappear.
I wouldn't be so sure of this. I saw several similar posts, but this is really not the same across platforms. Maybe on Playstation / Xbox - where you do have the actual DVD disk - maybe there you are safe, and the game will keep working. Not 100% certain, but there is a good chance. But on PC, for example, with newer games distributed via Steam - i mean there is zero guarantee of anything. Strictly speaking you are not even "owning" the game, it's more like a rent-type thing, especially if a game has DRM which goes online and checks if this is a legit copy of the game. Which is what newer PES versions do. Not sure about PES 2017 and earlier, but certainly from 2018 and on. So, what prevents Konami from discontinuing / shutting down those servers that DRM code is communicating with? One switch toggle and boom, your PES 2021 no longer starts. At which point your only option is a cracked exe, which has that check disabled... but that comes with its own can of worms, and i don't recommend it. (In this day and age running an executble that you have no clue about, no idea what is inside or who wrote it and with what intentions - that's a recipe for all sorts of disasters, including identity theft and blackmail. I think people are slowly starting to understand those dangers, but many still are oblivious)

PS2-generation of games, e.g. PES5/6 - sure those survive, since they are not tied to Steam and didn't have the sort of DRM (Denuvo) that modern games have. (And because nobody uses original exes anymore as they've been all replaced by no-dvd cracks a decade ago if not more. Which is ironic, given what i wrote in previous paragraph. But those were different times. It was less simple to steal over the internet back then, and cracking was more about prestige than money)

There's a big difference between saying the trailer does not show the finished article (that's obvious, the game is still in development) and there being some incredible truly next-gen version with advanced physics and animations that for some reason they haven't shown a single glimpse of. I think people are trying to use these weird aspects of the trailer as evidence for the amazing hidden build, but it's more likely evidence of incompetence and a team struggling to bring things together in time for release. It's very similar to the situation before the trailer, everyone who thought NFG was the actual game recognised that it would improve (and it has improved, even in the trailer Messi has a better model for example), but given how much time is left they aren't likely to be revolutionary changes, it's still going to be pretty close to NFG and so it's best to prepare yourself for that eventuality.

Also, after everything that's come out, have you seen any official source talk about "photorealism" or anything like utilising the full power of next-gen consoles? As far as I can tell they've completely dropped any pretense of that, and that is probably telling in itself.

Another thing is people saying that maybe we haven't seen the next-gen footage since it's "still early". Look at what we had by comparison for PES 2014:

Notice the date (Jun 29, 2013). And that was when they hadn't just taken a year out to work on it and it was a completely new engine not used in any other version of the game. It's ridiculous to think that if there was anything better we wouldn't have seen it by now.
I can't believe this.

Pc already looked like a perfect next gen candidate. But then with PEs 15-17 they decided to make the pc ports look worse than pes 14 which was running just fine on older dx9 gpus.

The gameplay was also not that bad, at least it felt nice and responsive compared to pes 18 onwards.

because that was clearly an early stage of the build, think LODs are far behind what will be possible, no grass, no moving kits, no moving goal net, the game is just not polished. whatever we will see in the future what we have seen in the trailer was not a finished product... iam confident
Come on man! A game that is a few months away from release should look infinitely better and more polished than what they showed in the teaser. You're giving Konami far too much credit than they deserve. It makes no sense for them to show a trailer with footage of an early build.

look at my older posts, ive criticized Konami all the last years more as enough :)

that trailer is absolutely BS, you are right! but i think they want to drop something a day after Fifa dropped something.

This is the biggest change in this Franchise that Konami did in all the last years and i just want to say that the visuals will be polished in the final version, but with a "game as a service" what is the final version? September? October? May 2022 ?? there is a long road to go...

yes it makes no sense... you are right, if we talk about things that don't make sense by Konami, this would be a loooong day!

look at my older posts, ive criticized Konami all the last years more as enough :)

that trailer is absolutely BS, you are right! but i think they want to drop something a day after Fifa dropped something.

This is the biggest change in this Franchise that Konami did in all the last years and i just want to say that the visuals will be polished in the final version, but with a "game as a service" what is the final version? September? October? May 2022 ?? there is a long road to go...

yes it makes no sense... you are right, if we talk about things that don't make sense by Konami, this would be a loooong day!
Something is either seriously wrong behind the scenes at Konami or they are simply trolling the pes community if that trailer was the best they could come up with. The trailer was a PR disaster for them either way.

Guys, sorry but that negativity kills me, i don't even wants to answer. And i don't work with Konami lol FAR from it,
I'm in the same case, on the same page as @chiefrocka4real

I'm the one who prefers PES 2020 and 2021 and than the previous version, even if it's called efootball... To me the game gets improved in all areas, except the R2 vs stick that i'm not a big fan. So about post on PESuniverse, check on "tweets and answers" i don't know but it was a new interview, not the one from IGN. If you can found it, perhaps it was removed from what i know... But i'm not the kind of guy who chase every news.
I'm just a bit tired to debate about a ghost that we can't only see his silhouette.

I'm WAIT for the game release, and we're FAR from that, Automn, please. What i believe is the trailer was completely fucked off, they can't release something even lower than PES 2019-21 on PS5. That's my logic + Konami's marketing except from one or two version was always shitty. But you're perhaps right, i'm perhaps wrong.

You're talking all like you're sure of, which is a thing i hate. Who has put a finger on PS5 X PC version? No one HERE ffs.

Last word here before we really, i mean REALLY knows stuffs.
Be patient and don't trow on the toilet a 20 years old franchise because the format and name as changed, and trailer was bad.
Just.
Wait.
For.
More.
Info.
(before burrying the game, the name of "efootball")

I understand now why i was only posting on editing. It's impossible to talk with some recoil on this kind of thread, there's negativity everywhere.
Look at the alternative with Sonic Neymar, that's the real game practically finished on PS5. That's what you will get for sure on your PS5.
And to me, FIFA is dead since the 15, i just don't feel it, i already explained how stats works and why i hate that feeling of randomness we got less before.
The 16 was "fun" but too easy, too fast in passing, i tried with and without slider offline but no, i still got a problem with Ignite.. Aswell as Frosbite. I prefers PS360 era by far.

But efootball/pes, nothing is sure. The issue is they feeled obligated to release a trailer as fans asked again and again, and Fifa was giving info in the same time. There's too much bugs for me, only the CRonaldo face and no GK from long view told me that it's obvious they showed a cross-gen match or unfinished stuffs. Now believe what you want, speculate as it's a forum so it's normal, but i'm out until we get more info.

And even if it's positive, you will search the bug. It's became like that here since they've missed the PS3 gap. You see things i don't see, and there's way too much exaggeration. Not my thing / way too think.
So, please, listen at least to that, and just... Wait. Yes again the same words, but some are so stubborn, even if the game is good they will transform it into "bad", like you've did with PES 2019 to 2021. Even PES 2017, just check the old thread. Even PES 2013.
Even PES 5 and 6 (personnally i don't hate the 6, but it's not at all my favorite version). We must admit we will never be totally happy and we like to yell at devs, i include myself in the equation.

Now i'm older, and try to see things differently. That's why i repeat, i've said i'm in the same position as chiefrocka. I accept change as long as it's not messing up the rest, but never makes conclusions about a hints like "they're focusing on Online = CPU will be very bad". That doesnt mean anything, it's not "=" at all, you don't have the word of the people working on AI and CPU but from the chief of Konami/efootball development.

And if you ask me, yeah i'm a bit pissed, but there's a reason. I read too much dumb conclusion, and things i completely disagree, or stuffs who were good or not bad before that becames bad now. Like "i prefers PES 2018 now" Please, you can't say that for exemple referee are bad so you don't like PES 2021, and put PES 2018 on the table were referee were... Inexistant. It's an example, i don't trow an arrow on anyone. But a bit of objectivity between that hate shouldn't be too much.

See ya in end August, then on Automn mates. I'll be present, but on PES 2021 editing area, i prepare something big, well at least which demands a big level of research, and that would be valid for any football game you could Edit. It's linked to the database errors, there's a lot (aswell in FIFA) but i check myself. Height/weight and wrong foot, etc. there's tons of mistakes in both games you're talking about "realism" but in fact, you play with a player with the same name, but not the same height, weight, foot, position, and even face (some share the same name and are misunderstood one with the other)
I guess I sounded too optimistic :P

Nah, it´s all good. KONAMI´s bad marketing and lack of communication is the reason why we all here are kinda sitting in the dark.
I just wanted to point out, that MAYBE.......maybe they really fucked up their reveal trailer and shot themselves in the own leg and actually have something better to show off. At least for non-mobile gamers...because mobile gamers seem to be the only unit, KONAMI is focussed on according to that trailer.
Could make sense if we wanna believe that guy working for KONAMI, who said he´s unhappy how they revealed the game.
But we don´t know that for sure.
Wouldn´t be no surprise though, when we think about the recent years.

I mean....after all their sayings and statements (and I´m totally aware of stuff in the past which they announced and which was held back in the game), it just doesn´t make sense, that the game looks like in the trailer on any other device than on mobile phones.

And if it really does.....okay....then I´m done and I keep playing PES 2021 till it´s possible.
Tbh, with the mods and the gameplay patch of Inca, I´m having a great time with my ML.
The mods don´t make the game perfect, but slightly better and make me enjoy for example 7 - 8 hours out of 10 hours playing.

Now if the new game is going to be worse than what I have now with the mods....I´m out for sure.

Let´s wait...

PS2-generation of games, e.g. PES5/6 - sure those survive, since they are not tied to Steam and didn't have the sort of DRM (Denuvo) that modern games have. (And because nobody uses original exes anymore as they've been all replaced by no-dvd cracks a decade ago if not more. Which is ironic, given what i wrote in previous paragraph. But those were different times. It was less simple to steal over the internet back then, and cracking was more about prestige than money)
There was a time (around the PES 2010/2011 era if I recall correctly) in which there were some "cracks" that would do more harm than good (like an exe file that would decompress into the real cracked exe file + a trojan, as a bonus)... But I agree that no-DVD exes for the PS2-era games are pretty much harmless now.
Honestly talking, now taht we're used to digital delivery of games, having no-DVD exes also for those old games is just too convenient to pass on.

On top of that, some tools for those old games would *only* work with no-DVD exes (see the discussion I had about WE8 Set Default Colour only working with the no-DVD PES3 exe version 1.0) so in order to edit some things you'd need the no-DVD exe no-matter-what.

I did and it looks like s*it.
And i am talking about gameplay, presentation is amazing.

I despise EA and I despise FIFA for what it's become, but the 22 trailer gameplay didn't look shit at all. It could easily all end up being complete bollocks and online will still be full of little twats spamming skills like it's FIFA Street, but as someone who last played FIFA 20 on PS4, FIFA 22 on next gen looks a huge, visible upgrade in terms of animation, physics and realism etc.

FIFA 22 Going to win easy pissey .
They improved there game ( maybe gamplay will be still shit )
but people will still take FIFA then the "wana be pes" , how to i know that?
just look on those 2 trailers .
FIFA 22 Graphics looks like Jet Set Radio Future. Shame.

Tbf, we could be being really unfair here. Maybe Iniesta is screen sharing NFG from his Samsung to his television, using the DS5 on his phone by Bluetooth.

haha, i was waiting for someone to change that image on his screen for one of FIFA22.

It looks like the dots on the radar don't match the players' positions on the pitch.

The FIFA trailer did look sh1t. Off the ball movement and first touches still look ridiculous.

No way Iniesta's playing Master League in that chilled out position :DD

Back
Top Bottom